Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iDrive e2 S3 compatible storage just $4 first year for 1 TB!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iDrive e2 S3 compatible storage just $4 first year for 1 TB!

https://www.idrive.com/e2/

Is anyone using this service already?

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member

What are you going to do after first year?

Thanked by 1nocloud
  • ehabehab Member
    edited June 2022

@Chuck said:

vitobotta has lots of money. and might buy idrive.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • ChuckChuck Member

@ehab said:

@Chuck said:

vitobotta has lots of money. and might buy idrive.

Could I be C-level executive?

• ehabehab Member

@Chuck said:

are you planning to take my job!

• VoidVoid Member

@ehab said:

@Chuck said:

are you planning to take my job!

When y’all become CEOs and executives, can you make the offer recurring ?

Thanked by 2ehab Logano
  • TimRooTimRoo Member

@Chuck said:

If it's a good service, $40 year for 1 TB isn't a bad price at all.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

$0.004/GB•month
    It's $9.6/year for 200GB.
    Or is there a minimal monthly charge?

• @yoursunny said:
    $0.004/GB•month
    It's $9.6/year for 200GB.
    Or is there a minimal monthly charge?

Doesn't look like there is a minimum with the Pay As You Go option

• BTW I have switched my computers' backups to this service and it's fast! It has uploaded over 200GB of data very quickly. I also switched my app to use it for assets and direct uploads with presigned URLs work just fine. So far I like it.

Thanked by 2TimRoo sebkehl
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2022

They were giving crazy good prices for first year for RemotePC. Way better price wise than Teamviewer. I'd try their other products based on how well RemotePC worked.

I just didn't have a need to continue subscription for $80/year for 50 PCs!

Edit: this looks good! $44 for 1TB for two years, no ingress or egress fees! This is definitely a nice Veeam or NAS backup solution.

• @TimboJones said:
    They were giving crazy good prices for first year for RemotePC. Way better price wise than Teamviewer. I'd try their other products based on how well RemotePC worked.

I just didn't have a need to continue subscription for $80/year for 50 PCs!

Edit: this looks good! $44 for 1TB for two years, no ingress or egress fees! This is definitely a nice Veeam or NAS backup solution.

So far I am impressed with the speed really. It'd indeed faster even than Wasabi, which is known to be fast

• CabbageCabbage Member
    edited July 2022

I have known this provider for like couple of months, and they indeed seem to be much cheaper than others by almost half, which ironically is what kept me away from them. Can you tell us where they cut costs from? Even their ingress/egress fees are free for triple of however much you're storing.

Thanked by 2Arkas Chuck
  • Their support is in India, I asked, so they cut costs there.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

The most important point for me is privacy. What is their privacy policy, I mean other than what is commonly known.

• @Cabbage said:
    I have known this provider for like couple of months, and they indeed seem to be much cheaper than others by almost half, which ironically is what kept me away from them. Can you tell us where they cut costs from? Even their ingress/egress fees are free for triple of however much you're storing.

Well, Backblaze B2 is at the same price range, so I wouldn't necessarily expect them to cut costs.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • CabbageCabbage Member
    edited July 2022

@stevewatson301 said:

@Cabbage said:

Well, Backblaze B2 is at the same price range, so I wouldn't necessarily expect them to cut costs.

I suppose so, if you manage to download for free. On that matter, how flexible are downloading files via CDN? My main use case is mounting them through rclone and creating constant backups, and sending multiple large files to the server because they all cannot fit into the server at the same time.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited July 2022

Reviews on trustpilot are terrible FWIW - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.idrive.com

• @stevewatson301 said:
    Reviews on trustpilot are terrible FWIW - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.idrive.com

Uhm. That's for the online backup service though. Hopefully this one is more reliable

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@vitobotta said: Uhm. That's for the online backup service though. Hopefully this one is more reliable

Still, the reviews leave a terrible taste...

• pwnedpwned Member

I pulled the trigger on a $4 annual plan the other night. No problems with rclone and it seemed fast. As a B2B product, maybe the support will be better than their B2C lineup?

I'm not seeing any IPv6 support on any of the endpoints. No reply on that ticket yet, but it's only been about 36 hours.

Here's a list of endpoints, one for each region. Hope I got all of em:
    Chicago: d5f5.ch11.idrivee2-15.com
    Dallas: k9r1.da11.idrivee2-14.com
    Ireland: l7e8.ie11.idrivee2-15.com
    LA: x6h5.la12.idrivee2-14.com
    Miami: n0q4.mi11.idrivee2-13.com
    Oregon: i1y5.or11.idrivee2-12.com
    Phoenix: j9m9.ph11.idrivee2-11.com
    San Jose: l1u9.sj11.idrivee2-10.com
    Virginia: m5a2.va11.idrivee2-9.com

Thanked by 1Cabbage
  • @stevewatson301 said:

Yikes. The reviews say that they were overcharged.

• It's a scam?

• jadenjaden Member

@dahartigan said:
    It's a scam?

They tried to scam me. I used iDrive backups for a year at their discounted price, then canceled before it renewed. They tried to bill me at the full price when the account clearly said I had canceled the subscription. Fortunately I had already swapped out my credit card details with invalid data so the charge couldn't go through. But after experiencing such a shady practice firsthand, I will never use their services again. I'm not at all surprised to see the reviews on TrustPilot. They deserve them.

• KebabKebab Member
    edited July 2022

With multiple connections upload speed is pretty good (Ireland server via cyberduck client)

Thanked by 1Logano
  • What's the price for the second year?

• KebabKebab Member

@louiejordan said:
    What's the price for the second year?

$40 for 1TB.

The dashboard showed that only paid plan gets public buckets, so I got that 1TB and now it says that I need to contact support for it to be enabled. Contacted support, no answer. Worst case I can use self signed urls.

Thanked by 1commercial
  • @vitobotta said:

@stevewatson301 said:

Uhm. That's for the online backup service though. Hopefully, this one is more reliable

Different product but same owner, So this product will also give pain to users in the long term. Maybe it's new that's why they are good.

If can pay using a VC then will sure try it.

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

@nikozin said:

@stevewatson301 said:

Yikes. The reviews say that they were overcharged.

be frightened, I was about to subscribe, but there are still traps

• $4 a year, try it out. Seems good, but rclone mounts are not always available, strangely unconnectable to some areas. So I look at this with caution. The commercial version of Google Drive is still my current first choice, just from a backup point of view.

• Tried out the $4/1TB first year. So far so good except for not able to connect Nextcloud to it. Their tech support is non-existent.