Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iDrive e2 S3 compatible storage just $4 first year for 1 TB! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iDrive e2 S3 compatible storage just $4 first year for 1 TB!

124»

Comments

• @arda said:
    Hey @vitobotta , thanks once again for your guide! I have successfully mapped the CNAME record, along with the certificate!

https://vitobotta.com/2022/12/25/storing-mastodon-assets-in-super-cheap-object-storage-idrive-e2/

Finally, I can get rid of that stupid container for proxy.

Not related with this, but I'm currently trying to understand why neither cache rule nor page rule for caching does not work for my edge. All assets are served as cf-cache-status as dynamic. Maybe the cache-rule deployment takes time.

Can you describe the rule / add screenshots?

• @vitobotta said:

@arda said:
    Hey @vitobotta , thanks once again for your guide! I have successfully mapped the CNAME record, along with the certificate!

https://vitobotta.com/2022/12/25/storing-mastodon-assets-in-super-cheap-object-storage-idrive-e2/

Not related with this, but I'm currently trying to understand why neither cache rule nor page rule for caching does not work for my edge. All assets are served as cf-cache-status as dynamic. Maybe the cache-rule deployment takes time.

This cache rule does not work:

This page rule does not work neither:

I'd prefer cache-rule approach, since it has 10 rules instead of 3 on free tier, but cf-cache-status is DYNAMIC for both approaches for my cdn subdomain.

• @arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

I'd prefer cache-rule approach, since it has 10 rules instead of 3 on free tier, but cf-cache-status is DYNAMIC for both approaches for my cdn subdomain.

Can you give the URL of an example asset?

• @vitobotta said:

@arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

Here's a random cat photo that I took recently.

• The weird thing is that I am not even using page/cache rules because the assets seem to be cached fine for me. But I can see the DYNAMIC thing with your asset

• @arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

Are you sure the Cloudflare proxy is enabled? (orange cloud)

• ardaarda Member
    edited December 2022

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

Are you sure the Cloudflare proxy is enabled? (orange cloud)

Yup, it's enabled. Currently, only the cache rule is enabled. Otherwise, I believe there wouldn't be a cf-cache-status header there.

Regarding the browser caching, possibly, you saw this on my mastodon instance at one point :blush:

• @arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

cf-cache-status: HIT
    Works fine.

Thanked by 1arda
  • @EthanZou said:

@arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

@vitobotta said:

@arda said:

cf-cache-status: HIT
    Works fine.

Thanks for the confirmation.

It suddenly started working. I believe the cache-rule was activated a couple of hours later on their edge, so the delay(?) was because of Cloudflare. First time I'm ever experiencing such delays from them.

• EthanZouEthanZou Member
    edited December 2022

@arda said: it has 10 rules instead of 3 on free tier

Sounds great! I can't wait to have a try.

• After one week usage, i have the first problems today. I get read timeouts from the Germany location. Also the dashboard is not showing my buckets.

• @rick2610 said:
    After one week usage, i have the first problems today. I get read timeouts from the Germany location. Also the dashboard is not showing my buckets.

@rick2610 said:
    After one week usage, i have the first problems today. I get read timeouts from the Germany location. Also the dashboard is not showing my buckets.

Refresh the page, sometimes it takes several seconds to show the buckets

• My performance to the Frankfurt location is very slow the last days. Also the Frankfurt buckets are not showing up in the dashboard, i can see buckets in other locations.

• To get some numbers:

100GB rclone sync to paris 28minutes
    100GB rclone sync to fra ETA 18h25m < 1MB/s

• @rick2610 said:
    My performance to the Frankfurt location is very slow the last days. Also the Frankfurt buckets are not showing up in the dashboard, i can see buckets in other locations.

Where are you based? My buckets are in Frankfurt as well and I don't see any performance issue.

• @vitobotta said:

@rick2610 said:
    My performance to the Frankfurt location is very slow the last days. Also the Frankfurt buckets are not showing up in the dashboard, i can see buckets in other locations.

Where are you based? My buckets are in Frankfurt as well and I don't see any performance issue.

I am in Hetzner FSN. I am only testing writing to idrive e2.

• For me, from a VPS from Münster, to iDrive Frankfurt endpoint, it's so far so good.

• @rick2610 said:

@vitobotta said:

@rick2610 said:

What kind of files? If it's a ton of small files that would have a lot of overhead

• @vitobotta said:

@rick2610 said:

@vitobotta said:

@rick2610 said:

What kind of files? If it's a ton of small files that would have a lot of overhead

No avarage file size 1GB