Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iDrive e2 S3 compatible storage just $4 first year for 1 TB! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iDrive e2 S3 compatible storage just $4 first year for 1 TB!

Comments

• ardaarda Member
    edited December 2022

@0xbkt said:

@arda said: I'd rather remove that host webserver + proxy container from this flow

Try Workers.

I tried, but sadly I couldn't put it together, so I leaned proxying that into another docker container. With the ACL configuration set, I won't need workers for it anyways, so Cloudflare will talk with idrive directly.

• @arda said:
    I'd rather remove that host webserver + proxy container from this flow, which I'm planning to achieve.

I did. I will write a post about it tomorrow if I have time

Thanked by 1arda
  • @Kebab said:

@EthanZou said:

@Kebab said:

@louiejordan said:
    What's the price for the second year?

$40 for 1TB.

The dashboard showed that only paid plan gets public buckets, so I got that 1TB and now it says that I need to contact support for it to be enabled. Contacted support, no answer. Worst case I can use self signed urls.

And now?

They didn't enable public for me. It now shows "this feature is temporarily unavailable".

There was also another problem. I had like 1000 videos in a buckets without folders and after some time I noticed the bucket would lock completely up when trying to load the file list, even the files themselves wouldn't load. Then it would randomly load up, and then would lock up again after some time. I moved files to different folders and it seem to fixed that.

Hi EthanZou,
    Please convert your account to paid (credit card) and let us know; we will enable the public buckets.
    We need account to be paid as we see lot of misuse of public buckets.

Thanks,
    Your IDrive Support Team

So, try it again?

• @vitobotta said:

@arda said:
    I'd rather remove that host webserver + proxy container from this flow, which I'm planning to achieve.

I did. I will write a post about it tomorrow if I have time

COOL B)

• @EthanZou said:

@Kebab said:

@EthanZou said:

@Kebab said:

@louiejordan said:
    What's the price for the second year?

$40 for 1TB.

The dashboard showed that only paid plan gets public buckets, so I got that 1TB and now it says that I need to contact support for it to be enabled. Contacted support, no answer. Worst case I can use self signed urls.

And now?

They didn't enable public for me. It now shows "this feature is temporarily unavailable".

There was also another problem. I had like 1000 videos in a buckets without folders and after some time I noticed the bucket would lock completely up when trying to load the file list, even the files themselves wouldn't load. Then it would randomly load up, and then would lock up again after some time. I moved files to different folders and it seem to fixed that.

Hi EthanZou,
    Please convert your account to paid (credit card) and let us know; we will enable the public buckets.
    We need account to be paid as we see lot of misuse of public buckets.

Thanks,
    Your IDrive Support Team

So, try it again?

I'm on yearly 1TB plan since march, how much more "paid" I need to be?

• @Kebab I believe they enable manually, so you need to contact to them. However, with the ACL rule Vİto shared, you won't need to enable it anyways.

• backblaze keep saying something like my class-c action almost reach its limit. I feel tired about it and moved to idrive e2

• @Kebab said:
    I'm on yearly 1TB plan since march, how much more "paid" I need to be?

I have no idea either, that is what they reply to me.
    So try it again?

@arda said:
    @Kebab I believe they enable manually, so you need to contact to them. However, with the ACL rule Vİto shared, you won't need to enable it anyways.

Agree. B)

• @swagger said:
    backblaze keep saying something like my class-c action almost reach its limit. I feel tired about it and moved to idrive e2

class-c? with limit?

• @vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:
    Got it all working.

E2 has enabled public access for your account?

I didn't do that because it makes the bucket completely public. Instead, I applied a bucket policy with only public reads enabled.

Hi can you confirm that, you asked support to enable the public bucket feature ? , It seems with it enabled from backend , only then bucket policies can be Set ?

As I can see you are not making bucket public , only setting policy , but by default bucket policies are disabled ?

• @gemini_geek said:

@vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:
    Got it all working.

I didn't do that because it makes the bucket completely public. Instead, I applied a bucket policy with only public reads enabled.

Hi can you confirm that, you asked support to enable the public bucket feature ? , It seems with it enabled from backend , only then bucket policies can be Set ?

As I can see you are not making bucket public , only setting policy , but by default bucket policies are disabled ?

Yeah I got the public access enabled but not sure if that's a requirement for the policies to work

• gemini_geekgemini_geek Member
    edited December 2022

@vitobotta said:

@gemini_geek said:

@vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:
    Got it all working.

Yeah I got the public access enabled but not sure if that's a requirement for the policies to work

It seems that flag need to be enabled to set policies, I tried after reading you did that , I am getting 403 error, I am using nodejs SDK V3 ,will ask support

• @gemini_geek said:

@vitobotta said:

@gemini_geek said:

@vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:
    Got it all working.

It seems that flag need to be enabled to set policies, I tried after reading you did that , I am getting 403 error, I am using nodejs SDK V3 ,will ask support

It's possible. They told me they will enable it for everyone in one week

• @EthanZou @arda I finally remembered to write a post on how to properly configure iDrive e2 behind Cloudflare and without having to resort to an Nginx proxy.

https://vitobotta.com/2022/12/25/storing-mastodon-assets-in-super-cheap-object-storage-idrive-e2/

Thanked by 2TimboJones arda
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited December 2022

Got $4/TB/yr option, I will put this in production in January/Feb together with Backblaze B2 for video streaming service.

Panel looks like shit and has many bugs, but I need failover for B2 anyways so maybe this will work out.

• @AXYZE said:
    Got $4/TB/yr option, I will put this in production in January/Feb together with Backblaze B2 for video streaming service.

Panel looks like shit and has many bugs, but I need failover for B2 anyways so maybe this will work out.

Interesting. I find the control panel clean and functional. The only problem is that sometimes the list of buckets takes a few seconds to load and in the meantime it shows "No bucket", so I freaked out the first time it happened. I also wish I could delete a bucket without first deleting the contents, like I can with Wasabi.

• @vitobotta said:

@AXYZE said:

Interesting. I find the control panel clean and functional. The only problem is that sometimes the list of buckets takes a few seconds to load and in the meantime it shows "No bucket", so I freaked out the first time it happened. I also wish I could delete a bucket without first deleting the contents, like I can with Wasabi.

On region chooser Frankfurt has German flag, but when you'll choose it flag changes to USA. Tons of bugs like that visible in just 10 minutes using it. I just hope they wont lose data or ban me.

• got 1tb/year , i will use it as google drive alternatie

• @AXYZE said:

@vitobotta said:

@AXYZE said:

On region chooser Frankfurt has German flag, but when you'll choose it flag changes to USA. Tons of bugs like that visible in just 10 minutes using it. I just hope they wont lose data or ban me.

It's still new, I think it's normal that it has some rough edges. But the service itself has been rock solid for me so far and fast.

• @vitobotta said:
    @EthanZou @arda I finally remembered to write a post on how to properly configure iDrive e2 behind Cloudflare and without having to resort to an Nginx proxy.

https://vitobotta.com/2022/12/25/storing-mastodon-assets-in-super-cheap-object-storage-idrive-e2/

Great job! Thanks a lot! <3

• @vitobotta said:
    @EthanZou @arda I finally remembered to write a post on how to properly configure iDrive e2 behind Cloudflare and without having to resort to an Nginx proxy.

Hey Vitto, awesome, thank you for this!

Yesterday I moved my mastodon instance and my bucket proxy container from next to my router to an actual VPS , I couldn't find time to try this acl rule sadly, but I will, when I have time.

I'm currently at pay-as-you-go plan, which has been rock solid for me so far!

By the way, would this work to backup the current "private" ACL, just in case?

aws s3api --endpoint-url https://<your iDrive e2 endpoint> get-bucket-acl --bucket my-bucket

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@TimboJones said:

@aiden1 said:
    Don't forget Pricing surprise : If you have file for download and use more than 3x the amount stored (store 100GB, egress 300GB) you pay per GB outgoing.

From their pricing page:

Egress (download) less than or equal to thrice the storage volume is a good fit for IDrive® e2 free egress policy. If your use case exceeds the guidelines of our free egress policy within a monthly billing cycle, we reserve the right to charge $0.01/GB/Month. In the case of free accounts, your account will be suspended. Learn more

I don't consider the amount stored to be = "storage volume", especially how they reference "storage" in their pricing plan tables. I'd call the storage volume the 1TB, so if you have 100GB in files, you still have 3TB of egress.

If you were right and it was 3X the stored data, that would be complicated and stupidly fucked up and I wouldn't sign up for that (don't want to be charged for egress? ADD more data to be stored... that's fucked up).

Also regarding this, B2 is the only S3-style storage provider I've seen with completely free egress (through Cloudflare) that has the cheapest price per TB for storage. I push almost 10+TB/month through Cloudflare w/ B2 on a couple hundred GB of storage and it only costs me a couple bucks :smile:

• @arda said:

@vitobotta said:

Hey Vitto, awesome, thank you for this!

Yesterday I moved my mastodon instance and my bucket proxy container from next to my router to an actual VPS , I couldn't find time to try this acl rule sadly, but I will, when I have time.

I'm currently at pay-as-you-go plan, which has been rock solid for me so far!

By the way, would this work to backup the current "private" ACL, just in case?

aws s3api --endpoint-url https://<your iDrive e2 endpoint> get-bucket-acl --bucket my-bucket

By default there is no bucket policy so you don’t need to back up anything. If you apply my policy and later want to restore the default behavior you can just remove the policy.

• @Advin said: I push almost 10+TB/month through Cloudflare w/ B2 on a couple hundred GB of storage and it only costs me a couple bucks

Video files? with B2?

• Idrive just sent me this:

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing IDrive® e2! We would like to take this opportunity to share what's new.

Make your buckets public!
    IDrive® e2 users with a paid subscription can now enable public access for their buckets. No more waiting for customer support to review and approve the public access requests for buckets.

Follow the simple steps to verify your email address and phone number via one-time verification code and assign public access.

This feature is currently available only for paid IDrive® e2 users. Upgrade your free subscription now and get 90% Off on first year! Annual plans start at $40.00/year $4.00 First Year for 1 TB storage.

IDrive e2 updrade now

Contact support for further assistance.

Regards
    Team IDrive
    https://www.idrive.com/e2/

And there are still just two options for me:

Files in bucket are

• private
    • public

Actually I was expecting more features to be implemented, like "public - ready only" etc.

I was holding back maybe because this feature may have conflicted with the ACL rule Vito shared. Then I'll simply drop my proxy container and migrate to ACL.

• I see that they have public - read only, write only, read-write and custom.

https://www.idrive.com/e2/faq-dashboard#public-access

Thanked by 1arda
  • ardaarda Member
    edited December 2022

@valmiki said:
    I see that they have public - read only, write only, read-write and custom.

Wow, I want to congratulate the person behind the UX and UI of this. Hiding the option as a separate popup at initial step, instead of new choices below to the current ones, and putting it as a new step of the "public (which has the write access up until today)" is a great decision by them.

Thanks for this, I can see the choices on my account now.

• @arda said:

@valmiki said:
    I see that they have public - read only, write only, read-write and custom.

Wow, I want to congratulate the person behind the UX and UI of this. Hiding the option as a separate popup at initial step, instead of new choices below to the current ones, and putting it as a new step of the "public (which has the write access up until today)" is a great decision by them.

Thanks for this, I can see the choices on my account now.

E2 = Awesome B)

• valmikivalmiki Member
    edited December 2022

This is what I see in my account.

https://imgur.com/a/H1e4CBW

• Hey @vitobotta , thanks once again for your guide! I have successfully mapped the CNAME record, along with the certificate!

Finally, I can get rid of that stupid container for proxy.

Not related with this, but I'm currently trying to understand why neither cache rule nor page rule for caching does not work for my edge. All assets are served as cf-cache-status as dynamic. Maybe the cache-rule deployment takes time.