Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection

Comments

• Looking forward to these new locations and a london restock

• dosaidosai Member

Waiting for sg expansion.

• Looks good, but everything seems to be out of stock.
    And I can't find my KUBBUR referral code to enable my referral program.

• dokilldokill Member

always out of stock?

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

@LeifurGunnarsson I see you got Miami and Los Angeles servers on your status page, any idea when you will be offering VMs on these?

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

@JoeMerit said:
    @LeifurGunnarsson I see you got Miami and Los Angeles servers on your status page, any idea when you will be offering VMs on these?

Good eye! News about the launch of these 2 locations will be out later this week.

• ralfralf Member

Just on a practical note, what does "We average 4 seconds in ticket response times, but we could easily take less time when it comes to your ticket" even mean?

I'm not sure this is a good fact to advertise, as it suggests some automatic ticket acknowledgement counts as a response, because for any non-trivial request, 4s is barely enough time to properly read the ticket and be sure you know what they're asking for, it's certainly not enough time to action it, nor write a useful reply.

So, if the best you can hope to achieve in 4s is a pre-canned response like "Sure, we'll get right on that", you haven't actually dealt with the ticket in a useful way at that point.

Even a ticket request that I imagine is pretty trivial, e.g. setting up rDNS - I'd prefer a ticket takes 5 minutes with a reply of "it's done" rather than a "thanks for your message" which just wastes my time reading it and provides no useful information. Even something like "can you reboot my server" will probably take more than 4 seconds to find the correct server and action the request.

This isn't a dig at you, as it looks like your company provides a great service, and everyone likes having quick responses to tickets, but I'd say the "REPLIED TO WITHIN 1M" stat is far more re-assuring to me as a potential customer than the 4s one.

• SoulidkSoulidk Member
    edited May 2022

The average response time is counted only by the first reply to the ticket. Saw another guy complaing that someone says their version of hello before they can explain their problem. While the issue itself takes more time to get addressed. My ticket was handled quickly though.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@JoeMerit said:

Good eye! News about the launch of these 2 locations will be out later this week.

Today would be an awesome day to launch these locations....

Thanked by 1sanvit

@ralf said:
    Just on a practical note, what does "We average 4 seconds in ticket response times, but we could easily take less time when it comes to your ticket" even mean?

I'm not sure this is a good fact to advertise, as it suggests some automatic ticket acknowledgement counts as a response, because for any non-trivial request, 4s is barely enough time to properly read the ticket and be sure you know what they're asking for, it's certainly not enough time to action it, nor write a useful reply.

So, if the best you can hope to achieve in 4s is a pre-canned response like "Sure, we'll get right on that", you haven't actually dealt with the ticket in a useful way at that point.

Even a ticket request that I imagine is pretty trivial, e.g. setting up rDNS - I'd prefer a ticket takes 5 minutes with a reply of "it's done" rather than a "thanks for your message" which just wastes my time reading it and provides no useful information. Even something like "can you reboot my server" will probably take more than 4 seconds to find the correct server and action the request.

This isn't a dig at you, as it looks like your company provides a great service, and everyone likes having quick responses to tickets, but I'd say the "REPLIED TO WITHIN 1M" stat is far more re-assuring to me as a potential customer than the 4s one.

Hi Ralf, Kjartan here - I maintain the website and such, I think this is a fantastic point you've made and I absolutely agree. The thing is that at the moment our website and branding are very much out of date for this new "specialization" that we've found ourselves in. We used to be your average Minecraft/Game hosting reseller, but had the amazing opportunity to move into high-bandwidth cloud. And the reason this is relevant is because doing customer support for Minecraft servers is arguably much easier than it is for Virtual Private Servers (and I'm speaking from experience here hehe).
    But even back then this wasn't a great metric, I'm still thinking up alternative metrics to better represent our support team's performance - and, of course, ways to increase the effectiveness of our support in general. Maybe just the percentage of customers that rate the support highly afterward? Idk.

I hope this at least clears up the waters here a bit :)

~ kjartan

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @LeifurGunnarsson Just using people who rated highly will skew the results in your favour. Perhaps keeping it simple like time to first human response is the way to go.

Thanked by 2AXYZE ralf
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited June 2022

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@ralf said:

Hi Ralf, Kjartan here - I maintain the website and such, I think this is a fantastic point you've made and I absolutely agree. The thing is that at the moment our website and branding are very much out of date for this new "specialization" that we've found ourselves in. We used to be your average Minecraft/Game hosting reseller, but had the amazing opportunity to move into high-bandwidth cloud. And the reason this is relevant is because doing customer support for Minecraft servers is arguably much easier than it is for Virtual Private Servers (and I'm speaking from experience here hehe).
    But even back then this wasn't a great metric, I'm still thinking up alternative metrics to better represent our support team's performance - and, of course, ways to increase the effectiveness of our support in general. Maybe just the percentage of customers that rate the support highly afterward? Idk.

I hope this at least clears up the waters here a bit :)

~ kjartan

Get some clients / sponsor someone, add their testimonials. Its a lot more useful to see other customers that are actually using your services. Also you can write articles with them (ddos attack that was mitigated, shorter response time, better ping in game servers, less dropped packets while ddos attack is happening, saved money because of migration to kubbur etc... you get an idea) which will heavily improve your SEO and also provide future clients with an idea in what aspect you are better than competition.

These numbers "we respond in X time" are meaningless for customers. Actual work that is done with your services is important.
    AWS doesnt get new clients because of some info about median response time, they get new clients because other people have AWS.

Focus on showcasing evidence instead of one number that could be faked.

Thanked by 2ralf mikewazar
  • kalipuskalipus Member
    edited June 2022

smells like honeypot, someone has to pay the bill

• szarkaszarka Member

@LeifurGunnarsson said:
    we like to keep our marketing conservative

Also the OP: "KVM is a global leader at innovation in the hosting space." 😆

Ever notice how every company is a "global leader"? Makes you wonder who is left to follow them…

• always out of stock?

• JonesJones Member

@LeifurGunnarsson

always out of stock :(

@szarka said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:
    we like to keep our marketing conservative

Also the OP: "KVM is a global leader at innovation in the hosting space." 😆

Ever notice how every company is a "global leader"? Makes you wonder who is left to follow them…

That website is severely out of date and, as you observed, contains heaps of inaccuracies.

I'll personally make sure that's taken down ASAP. With the amount of things going on right now it's hard to stay on top of everything, including dumb WIP projects that should never have been pushed.

~ Kjartan

@Jones said:
    @LeifurGunnarsson

always out of stock :(

We're restocking! The entire team is working hard around the clock to get all of you 1.4TB+ worth of London stock for our new Cloud lineup and 512GB~ worth of HPC (currently known as just our VPS lineup).

Stay tuned! We expect this to be ready around the start of July.

~ Kjartan

• Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member
    edited June 2022

Still waiting for Icelandic servers...

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited June 2022

Hey, because your offer is so unusual I have couple of questions.

what are you thoughts on providing 10Gbps for such low cost after this time?
    Would you now prefer to make something different like 5/8Gbps unmetered or metered?
    Would you do something differently in this offer if you could go back in time? Maybe higher price (as you were out of stock pretty fast)? Maybe longer payment terms?

@AXYZE said:

Would you now prefer to make something different like 5/8Gbps unmetered or metered?
    Would you do something differently in this offer if you could go back in time? Maybe higher price (as you were out of stock pretty fast)? Maybe longer payment terms?

Hi AXYZE, thank you for your question,

As the one that has to deal with most of the customer support as well as the digital marketing side of things here, I can say for sure that 10Gbps looks a lot better to the eyes of potential buyers than 5Gbps does. If I had to guess this is probably just because double-digit numbers look better in general, and there are plenty of existing services that offer over 1Gbps but under 10Gbps so 5/8Gbps is less "novel" than 10Gbps is.

I definitely think our pricing is way under what it could be, but it's certainly not a big regret. Margins are good despite it. As for payment terms, It's hard to say at this point in time. As most people know, new customers are more expensive than recurring ones but at the size we're at right now this fact doesn't make much of a difference. Perhaps we'll offer incentives for longer payment terms in the future, who knows.

~ Kjartan

Thanked by 4AXYZE ralf adly Erisa

@Ed_Chd said:

Iceland is coming! Just yesterday we got the great news that our acquisition of a previous company's contract in atNorth's ICE01 (ThorDC) is going to happen. It's looking like we'll be able to give a release date sometime soon! 👀 🇮🇸

~ Kjartan

Thanked by 2szarka Ed_Chd
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@AXYZE said:

Hi AXYZE, thank you for your question,

As the one that has to deal with most of the customer support as well as the digital marketing side of things here, I can say for sure that 10Gbps looks a lot better to the eyes of potential buyers than 5Gbps does. If I had to guess this is probably just because double-digit numbers look better in general, and there are plenty of existing services that offer over 1Gbps but under 10Gbps so 5/8Gbps is less "novel" than 10Gbps is.

I definitely think our pricing is way under what it could be, but it's certainly not a big regret. Margins are good despite it. As for payment terms, It's hard to say at this point in time. As most people know, new customers are more expensive than recurring ones but at the size we're at right now this fact doesn't make much of a difference. Perhaps we'll offer incentives for longer payment terms in the future, who knows.

~ Kjartan

Thanks for reply! :)

Its very interesting that you are already happy with margins and seems like you really know many things about business/marketing - It's telling us that you know what you are doing and you will not deadpool in couple of months.

I'll likely need London 10Gbps VPS in 2-3 months, I hope it will be in stock then :)

Thanked by 1LeifurGunnarsson
  • @LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Ed_Chd said:

Iceland is coming! Just yesterday we got the great news that our acquisition of a previous company's contract in atNorth's ICE01 (ThorDC) is going to happen. It's looking like we'll be able to give a release date sometime soon! 👀 🇮🇸

~ Kjartan

What did you do to Leifur?

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@JoeMerit said: What did you do to Leifur?

Thanked by 1ralf

@JoeMerit said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Ed_Chd said:

~ Kjartan

We like to take turns replying on LET. Everyone's really busy these days so it helps to share responsibilities :)

~ Kjartan

• emghemgh Member

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@JoeMerit said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Ed_Chd said:

~ Kjartan

We like to take turns replying on LET. Everyone's really busy these days so it helps to share responsibilities :)

~ Kjartan

Translations suck. Remove them.

Everyone in Sweden knows swedish.

Right now, on the swedish website, it says ”10gbps non existent uplink”.

• ralfralf Member
    edited June 2022

I couldn't even find Swedish on there, but if you select French, most of the site is still in English. That's a sure way to piss off a French person!

Thanked by 2emgh Erisa

@emgh said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@JoeMerit said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Ed_Chd said:

~ Kjartan

~ Kjartan

Translations suck. Remove them.

Everyone in Sweden knows swedish.

Right now, on the swedish website, it says ”10gbps non existent uplink”.

We're removing translations altogether, it's a pain to maintain.

However... it's news to me that there even is a Swedish translation. I wonder how that got there 😅

~ Kjartan

Thanked by 1emgh
  • ChuckChuck Member

Why wouldn't amazon and google become your resellers? Because their bandwidth costs an arm and a leg.