Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM OMG!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM OMG!

MPGMPG Member

OMG you guys are awesome! Just a shout out to say thank you! Best service I have ever received from a provider. Rare I have an issue, but today I did and they were on it. And on a weekend too! You guys rule! Wasn't born with enough thumbs to raise in the air! B) So we go with a high5!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Glad you had a Fran-tastic experience 👍🏼

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Yeah, BuyVM is one of the best providers here IMO. You can't go wrong with them.

Thanked by 2risharde kkrajk
  • I think they're the only provider from the 'early days' I'm still using. Been some hiccups but overall little issues. Love them.

Thanked by 1netomx

Also, moving this to a more appropriate category ✌🏼

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

thanks for the kind words! We try our best :)

Francisco

• @MPG Hi weasel.

@Hotmarer said:
    @MPG Hi weasel.

Accounts from 2019 and has other threads opened. Always possible it was compromised, but maybe a mod can do an IP check?

Francisco

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited June 2022

@Francisco said:

@Hotmarer said:
    @MPG Hi weasel.

Accounts from 2019 and has other threads opened. Always possible it was compromised, but maybe a mod can do an IP check?

One thing that seemed a little odd/unusual to me was that this was @MPG 's first post since August 2020 (not to mention his over-the-top style)

But in terms of textual style, his previous comment in August 2020 has similar ring to it:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3126053/#Comment_3126053

So my conclusion is that his account hasn't been compromised :)

Or if it has been, it was already compromised in August 2020

(Also, no IP evidence against this conclusion)

• edited June 2022

I 100% agree with OP. BuyVM shines the brightest when you need help on an issue.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • melp57melp57 Member

Why does buyvm change to frantech when you place order. Don't like that they manually provision your Server. You have to wait several days if on weekends.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited June 2022

@melp57 said:
    Don't like that they manually provision your Server. You have to wait several days if on weekends.

Fraud checks seem to be done manually. Maybe if the fraud check is 'yellow' it gets paused for manual review..

I don't know for sure, just my thoughts and observations.

Thanked by 1melp57
  • @melp57 said:
    Why does buyvm change to frantech when you place order. Don't like that they manually provision your Server. You have to wait several days if on weekends.

Frantech is the owning company of BuyVM.

Thanked by 1Francisco

@melp57 said:

Correct, Paypal and CC's require manual verification.

If you order late on a Saturday it'll be Monday when you get checked.

Francisco

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@melp57 said:

Conspiracy.

Not really, BuyVM is the brand. Frantech is the company.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Just went to @Francisco site to order one or 2 from Lux… no stock :(

Thanked by 1doublesquare
  • i still remember using eathena and running servers on one of @Francisco vms

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@JamesF said:

You gotta use some stock notifiers, BuyVM gets almost sold-out instantly.

• swat4swat4 Member

It was a pity that they no longer offer shared hosting :s it was truly a legend.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@swat4 said:
    It was a pity that they no longer offer shared hosting :s it was truly a legend.

Yes buyshared was amazing service too. I still have one of the directadmin reseller account

• swat4swat4 Member

@ManishPant said:

@swat4 said:

Yes buyshared was amazing service too. I still have one of the directadmin reseller account

so your clients are godfathered! Lucky folks!

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

i really wish I grabbed a buyshared acc when it existed.

Thanked by 1Arkas

@FatGrizzly said:

@JamesF said:

You gotta use some stock notifiers, BuyVM gets almost sold-out instantly.

Yeah, https://buyvmstock.com ✌🏼

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly JamesF
  • caiicaii Member

I confirm that BuyVM is reliable and solid. I'm a customer from 2017. I needed the support only for adding account credits before they added Add Funds button.

Thanked by 2melp57 Francisco
  • feeling lucky to be able to secure a buyvm vps with slab. though its idling

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said: though its idling

If I start to count my idling VPSs and even dedis, I'd jump out the window. I think it's an addiction!

Thanked by 2skorous Logano
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

There's a reason BuyVM'S product stock is mostly always 0.

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=38

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@swat4 said:

I tried to signup this weekend because I noticed it in his signature...

The website doesn't indicate it is no longer offered... :(

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2022

My experience is meh. Support was rude and closed a ticket without any response when I pointed out that their webserver don’t capture my IP when using Cloudflare Warp (not Fran, but don’t want to expose someone with name).

It honestly was kind of unprofessional.

Later, my client’s websites were running slow. I wanted to upgrade since he was having a traffic spike. Not possible. Scaling is non-existant since they’re always out of stock.

Moved to CPX11 on Hetzner and the experience is much better.

I’d still use them for hobby stuff, I really like the performance, Fran & the control panel - but the attitude I got when pointing out that I wasn’t using a VPN (they insisted I was and when I explained they closed the ticket) combined with the issue of it being impossible to scale just isn’t ideal for anything else.

Edit: I might just be an annoying client, but I’ve never had issues getting issues fixed with other providers, like Hetzner.

@emgh said:
    My experience is meh. Support was rude and closed a ticket without any response when I pointed out that their webserver don’t capture my IP when using Cloudflare Warp (not Fran, but don’t want to expose someone with name).

It honestly was kind of unprofessional.

Later, my client’s websites were running slow. I wanted to upgrade since he was having a traffic spike. Not possible. Scaling is non-existant since they’re always out of stock.

Moved to CPX11 on Hetzner and the experience is much better.

I’d still use them for hobby stuff, I really like the performance, Fran & the control panel - but the attitude I got when pointing out that I wasn’t using a VPN (they insisted I was and when I explained they closed the ticket) combined with the issue of it being impossible to scale just isn’t ideal for anything else.

Edit: I might just be an annoying client, but I’ve never had issues getting issues fixed with other providers, like Hetzner.

Thanks for the honest feedback. I'll gladly look over a ticket if you care to share :)

Francisco