Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on

Comments

• @Otus9051 said:

@dosai said:

@Otus9051 said:
    god damn this is a messy thread

lmfao

Na every thread these days end up like this, ffs.

Well.. this forum is for grown ups..

Thanked by 2adly ralf
  • TeoMTeoM Member

Subsequent comment look for a job go work and earn money instead of nagging here

Before you start any projects, get yourself up and running.

• @TimboJones said:

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:
    In conclusion, I should have been more direct with titling this thread.

THAT'S your conclusion?

The conclusion to that thread reply, yes. :-)

• @TimboJones said:
    Engineer, lol. Doesn't have a friggin' ID, but he's an "engineer".

Fucking kids. If you don't have qualifications, training or even the slightest liability, you're not a fucking engineer.

My bad buckaroo. 🤭

• Kid is asking for help has an attitude.

Thanked by 1adly
  • @Otus9051 said:
    Ok I'll have to say this
    I know him
    I sent him here
    And I know what he is doing, and so does he.

He has a big hope that might not be successful, but its always worth a try right? Also he isn't forcing anyone to give it, rather he is asking very politely, IMHO.

Is he a weasel? No.
    Is he a prodigy? No.
    Does he want to make a better service for lots of people? Yes.

Sometimes, try not to be a dick yourselves, rather than calling people that.
    The mindset of people at LET are worsening. Why?

No offense, but who are you, and why do you think that your stamp of approval means anything to anyone?

@elliotc said:
    LOL, In some countries engineer is a professional identity, self-proclaimed "engieer" is illegal.

LOL, I don’t think I’ll have a problem with this in America. Teehee. 🤭

Wait wait.. I wanna make sure I got this right.

So you're a 16yr old, in the US, that doesn't have a drivers permit, an ID or $5? LOL

Riiiight. Thanks for confirming that this is all BS :-)

Good luck with your scam.

• @NobodyInteresting said:

@Otus9051 said:
    Ok I'll have to say this
    I know him
    I sent him here

He has a big hope that might not be successful, but its always worth a try right? Also he isn't forcing anyone to give it, rather he is asking very politely, IMHO.

Is he a weasel? No.
    Is he a prodigy? No.

No offense, but who are you, and why do you think that your stamp of approval means anything to anyone?

He's someone who has gotten a free vps that ticks all the boxes of OP's requests.

See: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179768/cloud-v-vps-review-rapid-fire/

If he can get a free vps on LET, surely others can do.

Thanked by 1itoshikimonset
  • @malignify said:
    Kid is asking for help has an attitude.

Biting the hand that feeds just means you have to find your own food. I see no harm here.

• @NobodyInteresting said:

@Otus9051 said:
    Ok I'll have to say this
    I know him
    I sent him here

Is he a weasel? No.
    Is he a prodigy? No.

@elliotc said:
    LOL, In some countries engineer is a professional identity, self-proclaimed "engieer" is illegal.

So you're a 16yr old, in the US, that doesn't have a drivers permit, an ID or $5? LOL

Just because I’m 16, residing in the US and don’t have a learners permit or ID & $5 doesn’t mean anything I’ve said is BS. And it doesn’t mean that this is a scam. Don’t bother responding if you’re going to be a hypocrite and toxic.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Otus9051 said:
    Ok I'll have to say this
    I know him
    I sent him here

Is he a weasel? No.
    Is he a prodigy? No.

@elliotc said:

Just because I’m 16, residing in the US and don’t have a learners permit or ID & $5 doesn’t mean anything I’ve said is BS. And it doesn’t mean that this is a scam. Don’t bother responding if you’re going to be a hypocrite and toxic.

Right.

• sotssots Member

@TimboJones said:

@Advin said:

@mwt said:

@HalfEatenPie said:
    I think some people are failing to understand that the OP doesn't have a credit card nor a driver's license.

When I signed up for AWS free tier in HS, I was able to use a generated credit card number. I'm not sure if they still do.

Free tiers for most cloud providers now require a real, working credit card (debit cards usually don't work either)

What about the education stuff from Microsoft and Google? I thought Azure had tons of free and low cost shit for students?

Do you mean $100 free credit for a year on M$ Azure?

• mwtmwt Member
    edited June 2022

Idk, when I was 16, I had some cash but had no income. So, $5/month can feel like a lot when you aren't earning enough to replace it.

I'm 27 now and I still know jobless people my age who think this way. Any recurring expense can seem large if you don't have income to replace it.

I also know several adults who don't have ID. 11% of eligible adults lack a government issued ID in the US.

@sots said:
    Do you mean $100 free credit for a year on M$ Azure?

I think DO has one too. It used to be in the GitHub student pack. AWS gives me codes to give to students, but I'm not sure if there's a public version of that.

• ralfralf Member

I think we'll need one that goes to 11 for this.

• sotssots Member

Of course, I can buy you a vps as long as you can convince me that you code is good enough, you have enough users, your github project has enough stars and you can't afford such a server.
    I'm curious why an American teenager can't spend only $10/month on the thing he/she likes. In China $10 (¥70) = 4 meals. I can spend it on anything I really want.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • drizbodrizbo Member

@sots said: I'm curious why an American teenager can't spend only $10/month on the thing he/she likes.

Because as he said he is living in the "boonies" with his mom, probably in some trailer home like Eminem.

And in that trailer this boy genius is creating the new Heruku along with couple more trailer park kids. They are working on it for years and the only set-back is the 10$ to buy a VM to host it on.

So please stop with negativity towards this fine young gentleman trying to live the Murikan dream.

Thanked by 3yoursunny WSWD genkoko
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited June 2022

There's plenty of people who could sponsor you VPS both "regular" people here and providers, BUT
    Not only you dont explain what exactly you want to do nor have any businessplan.

If this service would require others to buy something you can just give them reflink and bam, here's your $5.
    If you could put logo of sponsor on website, here's your free VPS.

But instead you are like "4c/24gb for free on Oracle? Naah, its not enough for me" and actually demanding people to fulfiill your big expectations

Having problems with $5 while living in USA is another story, but okay. We dont know you, maybe its really impossible for you. Ok then, but why you missed all above?

If you are bringing revenue to someone he can give you piece of that or even invest in you.

"PaaS" can mean anything these days, this is not business plan.

I am sure providers would instantly jump and gave you VPS if they saw potential in your platform. For them giving you unused capacity with no time terms or SLA is nothing. Just give them "bait" :)

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2022

@sots said:
    Of course, I can buy you a vps as long as you can convince me that you code is good enough, you have enough users, your github project has enough stars and you can't afford such a server.
    I'm curious why an American teenager can't spend only $10/month on the thing he/she likes. In China $10 (¥70) = 4 meals. I can spend it on anything I really want.

Some parents don't really give their children a monthly income in the USA (or a PayPal/credit card to be able to spend it online). Some parents also only give allowances in cash so that it gets spent on stuff like fancy clothes/accessories instead of servers or anything online ;)

• sotssots Member

@drizbo said:

@sots said: I'm curious why an American teenager can't spend only $10/month on the thing he/she likes.

So please stop with negativity towards this fine young gentleman trying to live the Murikan dream.

@AXYZE said:
    There's plenty of people who could sponsor you VPS both "regular" people here and providers, BUT
    Not only you dont explain what exactly you want to do nor have any businessplan.

If this service would require others to buy something you can just give them reflink and bam, here's your $5.

But instead you are like "4c/24gb for free on Oracle? Naah, its not enough for me" and actually demanding people to fulfiill your big expectations

Having problems with $5 while living in USA is another story, but okay. We dont know you, maybe its really impossible for you. Ok then, but why you missed all above?

If you are bringing revenue to someone he can give you piece of that or even invest in you.

I am sure providers would instantly jump and gave you VPS if they saw potential in your platform. For them giving you unused capacity with no time terms or SLA is nothing. Just give them "bait" :)

I won't laugh at him/her because I had a dream, too. I'm a high school student, and I run a game based on a discontinued teeworlds mod. Now it has 4,300+ registered accounts, and I've got the cost covered by the little community. I stopped charging because I needn't make big money with it and I've published the source code on github (actually it's a fork). Isn't it a small success for a teenager? But to run a public service one must have enough money to start, and it may be hard for a teenager to get such resources. I understand this and I'd like to buy a vps for those who have excellent idea but can't afford a vps.

Thanked by 1Otus9051
  • KermEdKermEd Member

Oh no, it’s more than an idea. Business partner has been developing and we’re projected to begin closed beta Monday.

If you can't come up with $10, have a bank account, or even PayPal - then you have no business partner.

This is less than an idea.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited June 2022

@Otus9051 said:
    He doesn't want to disturb his school career by working hard on a project that may fail. Its common sense.

If he doesn't even want to invest time in this why the f should anyone else give him a server? That seems like what is real common sense to me.

If he doesn't even want to apply himself to something, why should someone else pay for his way through life? FML, some kids just float through life on everyone else's money and work these days. This is what happens when you give kids participation trophy's for just showing up.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited June 2022

Stfu coon.

Ah so you are a tiny little racist sitting in Florida, begging for $10 from strangers because you an engineer with an idea who couldn't even figure out how to get an ID, a bank account, a PayPal account, register a domain, or register a server ... Wanting help to collect data from minors on a free server to be given to you because YoUr BuSnE$ idEa is GreaT anD u Have BuZnes PartNer... Who is also penniless and 13. And the entire idea your business partner gave you ... was to come and beg for a server on here of all places?

This is getting more and more interesting. I couldn't make this story up...

• @AXYZE said:

Read the entire threading before responding. I have a sponsor now.

And the whole Oracle ordeal, you need a credit card or debit card to sign up. If you want to know more about TeknoNet send me a PM an I will tell you and provide you a proof of concept.

We have intentions of deploying a private beta launch this coming Monday.

• @sots said:

Message me on Discord, TeknoGeek#1234 or you can email me at [email protected].

• @KermEd said:

Stfu coon.

Ah so you are a tiny little racist sitting in Florida, begging for $10 from strangers because you an engineer with an idea who couldn't even figure out how to get an ID, a bank account, a PayPal account, register a domain, or register a server ... Wanting help to collect data from minors on a free server to be given to you because YoUr BuSnE$ idEa is GreaT anD u Have BuZnes PartNer... Who is also penniless and 13. And the entire idea your business partner gave you ... was to come and beg for a server on here of all places?

This is getting more and more interesting. I couldn't make this story up...

“tiny little racist” - You’re white, you have no room to talk.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited June 2022

Here's the thing, you aren't a 16 year old engineer working on an idea targeting minors online with a 13 year old business partner for 2 years that couldn't raise $10, has no ID, has no bank account, has no parental support, can't provide any kind of business case or specifics. And acts like a douche everytime someone asks a question...

You are a racist of unknown age trying to hide their identity, possibly to create a web service targeting minors, and using two accounts to fake their identity (or potentially grooming minors) who is desperate to ensure they hide the obviousness of who they are. Hense the accusations of tiny weasle, although I think you are more likely just a troll or a 40 year old man trying to take advantage of children the laziest way possible. At best you are maybe trying to run a scam service and desperate to avoid that conversation as much as you can.

You being a tiny little racist targeting 13 year olds isn't the biggest red flag in this thread.

• @KermEd said:

Here's the thing, you aren't a 16 year old engineer working on an idea targeting minors online with a 13 year old business partner for 2 years that couldn't raise $10, has no ID, has no bank account, has no parental support, can't provide any kind of business case or specifics. And acts like a douche everytime someone asks a question...

You are a racist of unknown age trying to hide their identity, possibly to create a web service targeting minors, and using two accounts to fake their identity (or potentially grooming minors) who is desperate to ensure they hide the obviousness of who they are. Hense the accusations of tiny weasle, although I think you are more likely just a troll or a 40 year old man trying to take advantage of children the laziest way possible. At best you are maybe trying to run a scam service and desperate to avoid that conversation as much as you can.

You being a tiny little racist targeting 13 year olds isn't the biggest red flag in this thread.

Yeok bud.

• @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

@james50a said:
    The solution to starting a business is never begging.... You asking asking for free service for a platform you expect to make money from eventually... In what world does anyone pay your startup costs without benefit.
    Begging is not hustling its what you do when your to lazy to get a job and work. Get a job and run your business, and no i dont care about your age stuff is out there, mow lawns do whatever, actually hustle...

You must be illiterate. Yeah, I’m gonna mow lawns out in the boonies. Stfu coon.

And... this is where you lose all good will and faith with me. Best of luck with your project and I know it can be quite the deep end here, but talking like this isn't going to help anyone and definitely not you.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin Please be careful about using racist slurs. If you continue you will be dealt with according to the forum rules.
    Thank you.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: I have a sponsor now.

Okay, so all is good?