Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on

Hi I’m Damian, a 16 year old infrastructure engineer who is working on orchestrating & running a Platform as a Service. At this moment, the name for it is TeknoNet. It matches my screen-name for IRC & Discord, which is TeknoGeek.

The PaaS is sort of like Vercel, Heroku, Railway, etc. however is more aimed towards teenagers and in the near future will be providing courses on topics like systems administration & programming

The requirements to run K8S, Docker/containerd, nomad, nginx, nodejs and a couple other things are as follows:
• Cores: 4-6
• RAM: Minimum 8-16 GB
• Disk space: At least 500 GB (minimum 156 is fine)
• Disk type: HDD, SSD, NVMe (any is fine)
• OS: Ubuntu or Debian (plain 11)
• Bandwidth: Any, just no heavy restrictions on traffic
• DDoS prot: N/A
• Number of IPs: Preferably 2 (one IPv4, one IPv6) if not possible then just one IPv4
• Location: Any in US, EU or Asia
• VZ type: Any
• Port forwarding/NAT forwarding: Allow simplistic forwarding without the need of ufw.

«13456

Comments

  • For those of you who read this and have Discord feel free to join our Discord guild, https://discord.gg/mxj5JkUw4Z - We intend to launch this summer.

  • CalmDownCalmDown Member

    Netcup / Contabo ?

  • Only KVM is real.

  • @Boogeyman said:

    Only KVM is real.

    Kvm also oversells.

  • @CalmDown said:
    Netcup / Contabo ?

    Don’t have a job, still a teenager and don’t even have an ID.

  • •••• Looking for something free.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    Oracle Cloud 4C24G free

    Thanked by 1jmaxwell
  • @yoursunny said:
    Oracle Cloud 4C24G free

    Rather restrictive and that’s on an arm64 processor. Woefully Inadequate for our Use-Case. Looking to work out a sponsorship/partnership with whichever company. Additionally, Oracle is weird when it comes to their VPS’s/VM instances. Same thing with their Virtual Networks. Would be better setting up a website through Ngrok rather dealing with iptables, their Virt Networks.

    Additionally to sign up for an Account with Oracle, you need a card and I don’t have one.

  • edited June 15

    Offerings & related (if you would like to help provide accessible hosting and educational resources to teenagers alike and interested in IT) to sponsorships/partnerships can be forwarded/directed to my personal email address, [email protected] - Thanks in advance.

  • szymonpszymonp Member

    @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

    @yoursunny said:
    Oracle Cloud 4C24G free

    Rather restrictive and that’s on an arm64 processor. Woefully Inadequate for our Use-Case. Looking to work out a sponsorship/partnership with whichever company. Additionally, Oracle is weird when it comes to their VPS’s/VM instances. Same thing with their Virtual Networks. Would be better setting up a website through Ngrok rather dealing with iptables, their Virt Networks.

    Additionally to sign up for an Account with Oracle, you need a card and I don’t have one.

    I can run x86 software on oracle, it's not hard to set up. Also if you don't want iptables just run
    sudo apt purge iptables -y
    sudo apt autoremove
    And for their virt networks you can allow 0.0.0.0/0 for all protocols if you don't care for security

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • szymonpszymonp Member

    And iptables forwarding is easy, I googled it, took me 10 minutes to set up...

  • @mhosting_in said: Kvm also oversells.

    I already know and my statement is still same.

  • @szymonp said:
    And iptables forwarding is easy, I googled it, took me 10 minutes to set up...

    I know how to setup iptables. Albeit I am in the predicament of not having a credit card or debit card to use. As aforementioned I don’t even have an ID.

  • @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: I don’t even have an ID

    In most countries you should already have an Identity Card by the age of 16. Where are you from?

  • @malignify said:

    @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: I don’t even have an ID

    In most countries you should already have an Identity Card by the age of 16. Where are you from?

    I’m in America. But due to complications with COVID, family, unable to get one. Hell. I haven’t even been able to get vaccinated for COVID.

  • AndrewsAndrews Member

    requesting a beefy VPS (at the same time despising free 4c/24GB ARM from Oracle) just 10 minutes after joining LET is not the best way to play it

    maybe it would be better to be part of this community for a while, maybe run some PoC (even on the free options already available), maybe provide beta access, gather feedback... and build some trust

    at your age you have a lot of time :D

  • ralfralf Member

    I might be called out for this, but how about just asking your parents to get you a VM and agreeing to pay them back?

    And if you're going to rely on other people's charity, maybe you might want to be a bit less fussy about the specs, especially when there are good free options.

    The Oracle Arm instances are amazing, maybe you should consider using them and learning how to port the code you require to run on them. Modern arm distros are all little endian, so porting most things is pretty straightforward as long as you have source.

  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Member, Host Rep
    edited June 15

    Hi,
    we can provide it.

    Maybe this plan sounds good for you?
    HIGH
    CPU 4 vCore
    RAM 8GB
    SSD 160GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 10TB
    Anti-DDoS 1180Gbps Standard Protection
    Network IPv4 + IPv6 (Dual Stack)
    Services Load balancer, IP Failover, vSwitch, Backup, Firewall, Snapshots and more

    Location is Italy, Pomezia (Rome) in our own datacenter C1V Hosting DC.

    NCR €0
    MCR €19,90

  • @Andrews said:
    requesting a beefy VPS (at the same time despising free 4c/24GB ARM from Oracle) just 10 minutes after joining LET is not the best way to play it

    maybe it would be better to be part of this community for a while, maybe run some PoC (even on the free options already available), maybe provide beta access, gather feedback... and build some trust

    at your age you have a lot of time :D

    Is the normalization of western civilization that all 16 year olds have a lot of time simply based on the fact of their age? Also the audacity you have to make the broad assumption that I was “despising” the Oracle server is preposterous. As aforementioned, for the 3rd time, you need a bank card/credit card or whatever to register for an account and as aforementioned I don’t have one. I don’t even have an ID.

  • @c1vhosting said:
    Hi,
    we can provide it.

    Maybe this plan sounds good for you?
    HIGH
    CPU 4 vCore
    RAM 8GB
    SSD 160GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 10TB
    Anti-DDoS 1180Gbps Standard Protection
    Network IPv4 + IPv6 (Dual Stack)
    Services Load balancer, IP Failover, vSwitch, Backup, Firewall, Snapshots and more

    Location is Italy, Pomezia (Rome) in our own datacenter C1V Hosting DC.

    NCR €0
    MCR €19,90

    Shoot me an email and I’ll see what I can do.

  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Member, Host Rep

    @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

    @c1vhosting said:
    Hi,
    we can provide it.

    Maybe this plan sounds good for you?
    HIGH
    CPU 4 vCore
    RAM 8GB
    SSD 160GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 10TB
    Anti-DDoS 1180Gbps Standard Protection
    Network IPv4 + IPv6 (Dual Stack)
    Services Load balancer, IP Failover, vSwitch, Backup, Firewall, Snapshots and more

    Location is Italy, Pomezia (Rome) in our own datacenter C1V Hosting DC.

    NCR €0
    MCR €19,90

    Shoot me an email and I’ll see what I can do.

    I sent you a message on LowEndTalk's inbox.

  • @c1vhosting said:

    @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

    @c1vhosting said:
    Hi,
    we can provide it.

    Maybe this plan sounds good for you?
    HIGH
    CPU 4 vCore
    RAM 8GB
    SSD 160GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 10TB
    Anti-DDoS 1180Gbps Standard Protection
    Network IPv4 + IPv6 (Dual Stack)
    Services Load balancer, IP Failover, vSwitch, Backup, Firewall, Snapshots and more

    Location is Italy, Pomezia (Rome) in our own datacenter C1V Hosting DC.

    NCR €0
    MCR €19,90

    Shoot me an email and I’ll see what I can do.

    I sent you a message on LowEndTalk's inbox.

    Thank you 😁

  • szymonpszymonp Member

    @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

    @szymonp said:
    And iptables forwarding is easy, I googled it, took me 10 minutes to set up...

    I know how to setup iptables. Albeit I am in the predicament of not having a credit card or debit card to use. As aforementioned I don’t even have an ID.

    You are 16 and don't have a bank account?

  • ralfralf Member

    More to the point, you are 16 and have at least one legal guardian but none of them have ID or bank accounts either?

    Thanked by 2Liso Zyra
  • WebsecWebsec Member
    edited June 15

    @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

    As aforementioned, for the 3rd time, you need a bank card/credit card or whatever to register for an account and as aforementioned I don’t have one. I don’t even have an ID.

    If you don't have an ID or a bank card, that's on YOU. Stop repeating it in every other comment. It's your fault and no one's. I don't see what is stopping you from getting one if you need it.

    The specs you are looking for cannot be gotten for free unless you are willing to pay for it or be straight forward that you are looking for a sponsor hence making this post. And what do you offer in return for that?

    You are beginning to sound arrogant and rude. Tune it down. No one owes you anything here.

    Edit: quote formatting.

  • szymonpszymonp Member

    @Websec said:

    @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

    As aforementioned, for the 3rd time, you need a bank card/credit card or whatever to register for an account and as aforementioned I don’t have one. I don’t even have an ID.

    If you don't have an ID or a bank card, that's on YOU. Stop repeating it in every other comment. It's your fault and one's. I don't see what is stopping you from getting one if you need it.

    The specs you are looking for cannot be gotten for free unless you are willing to pay for it or be straight forward that you are looking for a sponsor hence making this post. And what do you offer in return for that?

    You are beginning to sound arrogant and rude. Tune it down. No one owes you anything here.

    Edit: quote formatting.

    Yeah I had a debit card since I was 12

  • How do you live without a debit card? Cache is absolutely inconvenient and how to make any online purchases?

  • WebsecWebsec Member

    @szymonp said:
    Yeah I had a debit card since I was 12

    As I became of age and able, an ID and a debit card was the first things on my list. Just the prerequisites I needed to succeed online.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    Send me money order (they can be bought by cash in post office) and I'll pay for your server with my credit card.

  • emghemgh Member

    @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

    @Andrews said:
    requesting a beefy VPS (at the same time despising free 4c/24GB ARM from Oracle) just 10 minutes after joining LET is not the best way to play it

    maybe it would be better to be part of this community for a while, maybe run some PoC (even on the free options already available), maybe provide beta access, gather feedback... and build some trust

    at your age you have a lot of time :D

    Is the normalization of western civilization that all 16 year olds have a lot of time simply based on the fact of their age? Also the audacity you have to make the broad assumption that I was “despising” the Oracle server is preposterous. As aforementioned, for the 3rd time, you need a bank card/credit card or whatever to register for an account and as aforementioned I don’t have one. I don’t even have an ID.

    aforementioned

Sign In or Register to comment.