Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a preferably free VPS for a PaaS I’m working on

Hi I’m Damian, a 16 year old infrastructure engineer who is working on orchestrating & running a Platform as a Service. At this moment, the name for it is TeknoNet. It matches my screen-name for IRC & Discord, which is TeknoGeek.

The PaaS is sort of like Vercel, Heroku, Railway, etc. however is more aimed towards teenagers and in the near future will be providing courses on topics like systems administration & programming

The requirements to run K8S, Docker/containerd, nomad, nginx, nodejs and a couple other things are as follows:
• Cores: 4-6
• RAM: Minimum 8-16 GB
• Disk space: At least 500 GB (minimum 156 is fine)
• Disk type: HDD, SSD, NVMe (any is fine)
• Bandwidth: Any, just no heavy restrictions on traffic
• DDoS prot: N/A
• Number of IPs: Preferably 2 (one IPv4, one IPv6) if not possible then just one IPv4
• VZ type: Any
• Port forwarding/NAT forwarding: Allow simplistic forwarding without the need of ufw.

Comments

• For those of you who read this and have Discord feel free to join our Discord guild, https://discord.gg/mxj5JkUw4Z - We intend to launch this summer.

• Netcup / Contabo ?

• Only KVM is real.

• @Boogeyman said:

Only KVM is real.

Kvm also oversells.

• @CalmDown said:
    Netcup / Contabo ?

Don’t have a job, still a teenager and don’t even have an ID.

• •••• Looking for something free.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Oracle Cloud 4C24G free

Thanked by 1Void
  • @yoursunny said:
    Oracle Cloud 4C24G free

Rather restrictive and that’s on an arm64 processor. Woefully Inadequate for our Use-Case. Looking to work out a sponsorship/partnership with whichever company. Additionally, Oracle is weird when it comes to their VPS’s/VM instances. Same thing with their Virtual Networks. Would be better setting up a website through Ngrok rather dealing with iptables, their Virt Networks.

Additionally to sign up for an Account with Oracle, you need a card and I don’t have one.

• edited June 2022

Offerings & related (if you would like to help provide accessible hosting and educational resources to teenagers alike and interested in IT) to sponsorships/partnerships can be forwarded/directed to my personal email address, [email protected] - Thanks in advance.

• @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

@yoursunny said:
    Oracle Cloud 4C24G free

Rather restrictive and that’s on an arm64 processor. Woefully Inadequate for our Use-Case. Looking to work out a sponsorship/partnership with whichever company. Additionally, Oracle is weird when it comes to their VPS’s/VM instances. Same thing with their Virtual Networks. Would be better setting up a website through Ngrok rather dealing with iptables, their Virt Networks.

Additionally to sign up for an Account with Oracle, you need a card and I don’t have one.

I can run x86 software on oracle, it's not hard to set up. Also if you don't want iptables just run
    sudo apt purge iptables -y
    sudo apt autoremove
    And for their virt networks you can allow 0.0.0.0/0 for all protocols if you don't care for security

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • And iptables forwarding is easy, I googled it, took me 10 minutes to set up...

• @mhosting_in said: Kvm also oversells.

I already know and my statement is still same.

• @szymonp said:
    And iptables forwarding is easy, I googled it, took me 10 minutes to set up...

I know how to setup iptables. Albeit I am in the predicament of not having a credit card or debit card to use. As aforementioned I don’t even have an ID.

• @TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: I don’t even have an ID

In most countries you should already have an Identity Card by the age of 16. Where are you from?

• @malignify said:

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said: I don’t even have an ID

In most countries you should already have an Identity Card by the age of 16. Where are you from?

I’m in America. But due to complications with COVID, family, unable to get one. Hell. I haven’t even been able to get vaccinated for COVID.

• requesting a beefy VPS (at the same time despising free 4c/24GB ARM from Oracle) just 10 minutes after joining LET is not the best way to play it

maybe it would be better to be part of this community for a while, maybe run some PoC (even on the free options already available), maybe provide beta access, gather feedback... and build some trust

at your age you have a lot of time :D

• ralfralf Member

I might be called out for this, but how about just asking your parents to get you a VM and agreeing to pay them back?

And if you're going to rely on other people's charity, maybe you might want to be a bit less fussy about the specs, especially when there are good free options.

The Oracle Arm instances are amazing, maybe you should consider using them and learning how to port the code you require to run on them. Modern arm distros are all little endian, so porting most things is pretty straightforward as long as you have source.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Member
    edited June 2022

Hi,
    we can provide it.

Maybe this plan sounds good for you?
    HIGH
    CPU 4 vCore
    RAM 8GB
    SSD 160GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 10TB
    Anti-DDoS 1180Gbps Standard Protection
    Network IPv4 + IPv6 (Dual Stack)
    Services Load balancer, IP Failover, vSwitch, Backup, Firewall, Snapshots and more

Location is Italy, Pomezia (Rome) in our own datacenter C1V Hosting DC.

NCR €0
    MCR €19,90

• @Andrews said:
    requesting a beefy VPS (at the same time despising free 4c/24GB ARM from Oracle) just 10 minutes after joining LET is not the best way to play it

maybe it would be better to be part of this community for a while, maybe run some PoC (even on the free options already available), maybe provide beta access, gather feedback... and build some trust

Is the normalization of western civilization that all 16 year olds have a lot of time simply based on the fact of their age? Also the audacity you have to make the broad assumption that I was “despising” the Oracle server is preposterous. As aforementioned, for the 3rd time, you need a bank card/credit card or whatever to register for an account and as aforementioned I don’t have one. I don’t even have an ID.

• @c1vhosting said:
    Hi,
    we can provide it.

HIGH
    CPU 4 vCore
    RAM 8GB
    SSD 160GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 10TB
    Services Load balancer, IP Failover, vSwitch, Backup, Firewall, Snapshots and more

NCR €0
    MCR €19,90

Shoot me an email and I’ll see what I can do.

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,
    we can provide it.

HIGH
    CPU 4 vCore
    RAM 8GB
    SSD 160GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 10TB

NCR €0
    MCR €19,90

I sent you a message on LowEndTalk's inbox.

• @c1vhosting said:

@TheSleeplessSysAdmin said:

@c1vhosting said:
    Hi,
    we can provide it.

HIGH
    CPU 4 vCore
    RAM 8GB
    SSD 160GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 10TB

NCR €0
    MCR €19,90

I sent you a message on LowEndTalk's inbox.

Thank you 😁

@szymonp said:
    And iptables forwarding is easy, I googled it, took me 10 minutes to set up...

I know how to setup iptables. Albeit I am in the predicament of not having a credit card or debit card to use. As aforementioned I don’t even have an ID.

You are 16 and don't have a bank account?

• ralfralf Member

More to the point, you are 16 and have at least one legal guardian but none of them have ID or bank accounts either?

Thanked by 2Liso Zyra
  • WebsecWebsec Member
    edited June 2022

As aforementioned, for the 3rd time, you need a bank card/credit card or whatever to register for an account and as aforementioned I don’t have one. I don’t even have an ID.

If you don't have an ID or a bank card, that's on YOU. Stop repeating it in every other comment. It's your fault and no one's. I don't see what is stopping you from getting one if you need it.

The specs you are looking for cannot be gotten for free unless you are willing to pay for it or be straight forward that you are looking for a sponsor hence making this post. And what do you offer in return for that?

You are beginning to sound arrogant and rude. Tune it down. No one owes you anything here.

Edit: quote formatting.

• @Websec said:

As aforementioned, for the 3rd time, you need a bank card/credit card or whatever to register for an account and as aforementioned I don’t have one. I don’t even have an ID.

If you don't have an ID or a bank card, that's on YOU. Stop repeating it in every other comment. It's your fault and one's. I don't see what is stopping you from getting one if you need it.

The specs you are looking for cannot be gotten for free unless you are willing to pay for it or be straight forward that you are looking for a sponsor hence making this post. And what do you offer in return for that?

You are beginning to sound arrogant and rude. Tune it down. No one owes you anything here.

Edit: quote formatting.

Yeah I had a debit card since I was 12

• How do you live without a debit card? Cache is absolutely inconvenient and how to make any online purchases?

• WebsecWebsec Member

@szymonp said:
    Yeah I had a debit card since I was 12

As I became of age and able, an ID and a debit card was the first things on my list. Just the prerequisites I needed to succeed online.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Send me money order (they can be bought by cash in post office) and I'll pay for your server with my credit card.

• emghemgh Member

@Andrews said:
    requesting a beefy VPS (at the same time despising free 4c/24GB ARM from Oracle) just 10 minutes after joining LET is not the best way to play it

Is the normalization of western civilization that all 16 year olds have a lot of time simply based on the fact of their age? Also the audacity you have to make the broad assumption that I was “despising” the Oracle server is preposterous. As aforementioned, for the 3rd time, you need a bank card/credit card or whatever to register for an account and as aforementioned I don’t have one. I don’t even have an ID.

aforementioned