Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlexHost CC’ing all their clients emails - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlexHost CC’ing all their clients emails

Comments

• szymonpszymonp Member

@dane_doherty said:

@szymonp said:

@LTniger said:

@szymonp said:

@LTniger said:

@Rockster said:
    I won't even start it what all is wrong with your US-centric views above ... But as example in small EU country I come from it's not illegal to download/torrent any copyrighted material as long it's for private use and you're not selling it.
    So you can stick all DMCA complains into your a** as ISPs don't even forward them to us. On a national level. This may change in the future but for now it is what it is.
    I can imagine that things aren't any better in some remote Moldova which isn't even part of the EU and not knowing HQ address make absolutely no difference. Because with DMCA letters you can't do a shit to them.

You are delusional. As soon as moldova hit certain treshold for copyright issues (iptv piracy booming) it will bent to the same copyright moguls as restof the world. And when that bending will happen - people will go to jail and "services" will colapse.

Maybe in moldova today is good, but tomorrow there will be raid by the police and gg.

Bro in Poland almost everyone pirates, USA companies tried suing some torrenters in like 2010 or something, it was largely unsuccesful and they fucked off ever since

Depends on politics. When political force will shift towards "freedom" and "democracy" copyright office will refresh. Just read torrentfreak.com

If someone went against piracy in their campagin basically no one would vote for them

Today they can pass any law because piracy is not mainstream anymore. Nobody cares enough to protest, unlike in 2000s and early 2010s.

Decade ago it was more convenient to pirate stuff than pay for it. Now people are cucked by Netflix and give you a weird look once you mention torrents.

Nah my friends still pirate since disney doesnt fucking release marvel and star wars shows in poland

• @szymonp said: Nah my friends still pirate since disney doesnt fucking release marvel and star wars shows in poland

Well, that's a different issue since they don't really have a choice.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

And not even a statement from AlexHost ...

Sad and disgraceful.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

this is GDPR all over , surley there should be bcc'ing everyone at the least or if using whmcs mass mail

• r6gearr6gear Member

my email it's in that list.. anyway, i don't recomand his host, the vps network it's horibile
    ip ... statistics >> 92 packets transmitted, 13 received, 85% packet loss, time 91014ms.
    i have this vps for some time now, but even my 2 dollar/year vps in germany it's more stabile than this

• devpdevp Member

@r6gear said:
    my email it's in that list.. anyway, i don't recomand his host, the vps network it's horibile
    ip ... statistics >> 92 packets transmitted, 13 received, 85% packet loss, time 91014ms.
    i have this vps for some time now, but even my 2 dollar/year vps in germany it's more stabile than this

Here is there ping stats: https://ping.sx/ping?t=alexhost.com

• LeviLevi Member

@devp said: Here is there ping stats

What provider is under the "SCloud" in ping.sx? There is some very interesting locations.

• devpdevp Member
    edited May 2022

@LTniger said:

@devp said: Here is there ping stats

What provider is under the "SCloud" in ping.sx? There is some very interesting locations.

Here is the ping stats: https://ping.sx/ping?t=scloud.sg
    Detailed stats show provider Location Ucloud Hongkong.
    Detailed Stats Link for Scloud: https://myip.ms/info/whois/165.154.98.31/k/1934566051/website/www.scloud.sg

• defaultdefault Veteran

Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

So someone decided to mass mail customer and don't know how to use mass mailing from billing system ? Or they don't have a billing system ,using excel sheet ?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

euro bros love shoving gdpr down everyones throats but hate hearing they too have copyright laws alternative to dmca in their countries lmao

• szymonpszymonp Member

@SirFoxy said:
    euro bros love shoving gdpr down everyones throats but hate hearing they too have copyright laws alternative to dmca in their countries lmao

Then again in my country downloading movies for personal use is allowed and in america you can get fined

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Got my first spam mail "via alexhost" the other day:

Thanked by 1szymonp
  • defaultdefault Veteran

AlexHost is involucrated. Everybody should backup data while they still have it, if they still have it. The end is nigh.

• VoidVoid Member

@brueggus said:

lol RIP

• WickedWicked Member

@brueggus said:

I actually had a few guys PM'ing me about buying the list. Guess I should have sold it and made a few bucks.

Thanked by 1szymonp
  • ralfralf Member

@Wicked said:

I actually had a few guys PM'ing me about buying the list. Guess I should have sold it and made a few bucks.

Name and shame! Or at least let the mods know.

Thanked by 1turdski
  • WickedWicked Member

@ralf said:
    @Wicked said:

Name and shame! Or at least let the mods know.

Already banned.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • sandozsandoz Veteran

I've been trying to talk with someone inside Alexhost.

This is what I got:

«Hi, Dear LowEndTalk

What happened recently, was a mistake and human error. This can happen with everyone in any day or hour. Unfortunately this happen in that day. We can't do nothing expect saying our apologies for that mistakes.

We are all humans, we can't deny that sometime in our work it can be a bad day. We need to prevent those things to happen. Unfortunately, this was a mistake from our side. Which is already done. We can't erase even if we wish to do so. What you expect to us, Alexhost say about this? We are sorry for such events, we will take measures to prevent from that happening again.

Even OVH One bigger provider their Datacenter that we think big company have good instalations and systems to avoid fire. It damages some servers and they lost sometime and expected downtime. Why we say that? Because even big companies does or have their own issues. It can be with their System of Fire in Datacenter and other things that sometimes we think they are good feeling with that but in behind the scenes, is not what happened.

All companies and of course employees can make mistakes. We must admit and take a step to prevent from that happening again.

The only way is to follow up to front and that's.

This is the difference between A.I and Human working.

Our apologies for that. But we don't want drama, for this reason we will avoid any thread about that. Alexhost will limit and Stay away from Drama. We know that drama is the best way to maintain healthy community. But we reserve the right to don't join the conversation.

For those who want to be compensated please contact us.

Best Regards,
    Alexhost»

• WickedWicked Member

Wait, so someone within OVH started the fire? Instead of telling us "mistakes" made by other companies, tell us how you plan on preventing this in the future.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

@Wicked said:
    Wait, so someone within OVH started the fire? Instead of telling us "mistakes" made by other companies, tell us how you plan on preventing this in the future.

I'm not a carrier pigeon, but I'll say my opinion now. If you have any problems with them, resolve them with them or contact them.

What they said is what happened is a mistake, based in Human Error which "can" happen literally with any company.

You just are trying to push more conversation without need, can they, by making a public statement, erase what happened? No, then wake up and think about what you say.

It is not by making a public statement that the problem is resolved or erased, if that were the case, they would certainly have already done so. It is not possible to erase human errors no matter how much we want to. It's knowing how to deal.

I'm here with my opinion, but if you have any problems contact them. They themselves have already admitted that it was a human error and that no one is free to happen to anyone, no one is immune to it. And that is undeniable. As for you, I don't know.

Contact them, not me.

• donkodonko Member

expected from a cociu v3.0

Thanked by 1Void
  • sandozsandoz Veteran

@donko said:
    expected from a cociu v3.0

Expected Drama? Don't you? Not gonna happen.
    People thinks that drama is good and want attention in that.

They aren't even close of cociu. Because cociu always went drama for his business and lower prices "VPS storage"

Donko, sorry for no one giving drama for you. Let that task for Netflix and others.

• donkodonko Member

@sandoz said:

i just needed a quick search in your post history with the word "alexhost" to invalidate any quote coming from you defending them :D :D ...

so...

@donko said: expected from a cociu v3.0 B)

• VoidVoid Member

@Wicked said:

What future ? They literally killed their own business.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Well at least they didn't send another mail out cc'ing everyone to apologize for their mistakes :smiley:

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited May 2022

@donko said:

@sandoz said:

i just needed a quick search in your post history with the word "alexhost" to invalidate any quote coming from you defending them :D :D ...

so...

@donko said: expected from a cociu v3.0 B)

You should open your eyes. If you search well. I recommend privatelayer, 2x4, novogara and incognet. :wink:

So you can't invalidate anything. Cry in the river.

@jmaxwell said:

@Wicked said:

What future ? They literally killed their own business.

No one killed their business. If they did a public statement they can reverse what they did? No
    They can back in time and fix that? No
    They did mistake and that is bad? Yes.

What It's done, It's done. Simple as want.
    If you have any issue contact them not me.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • DwayneDwayne Member

For me it's not about undoing what they did but more about owning up to it which is why I would have preferred some kind of statement.

Thanked by 1Void
  • VoidVoid Member

No one killed their business.

They kinda did, at least any potential ones from this forum. Any public acknowledgment would’ve done some damage control to a certain extent though.

If you have any issue contact them not me.

I didn’t contact you and don’t intend to.

Thanked by 1donko
  • WorldWorld Veteran

Here spam comes...