Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Virmach usable with their "support" for something serious ever?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Virmach usable with their "support" for something serious ever?

miumiu Member

After migration my VPS got erroneous 1GB of monthly bandwidth. Then when 1 GB of traffic has been spent became suspended by system. This happened May 16 2022.
I opened ticket (Service Suspension Appeal) in the same day. As obviously got happy answer: "Your ticket has been flagged directly to the technical support department so it may sometimes take longer than usual to receive a response than a general question."

Today (May 24) when i rechecked this matter i found:

• VPS is still suspended - nothing has been resolved
  • related Ticket (#543257 = first = opened by May 16) has been removed without be resolved and merged with another less important tickets into 1 chaos

Now i opened another "Service Suspension Appeal" and will wait another week of ignorance? (when VPS is blocked & not usable ever but no by me caused reason)

I regret to say it but another provider from i began be desperate and realized that i cannot rely on ever...... Terrible bad and slow support :'(

@VirMach sure you should do something with this suffering support, it is disaster

Or maybe only i am wrong.... because i forgot it's cheap so it is ok...

Comments

• swat4swat4 Member

:| Let's be honest - we all know this provider is good for its price and is bad for its response speed.......I guess the only way is to wait...?

Thanked by 1VayVayKa
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@swat4 said: .. is bad for its response speed.

Actually, up until a few weeks ago, I've found the response time to be more than adequate (sometimes excellent), for the occasional Ticket raised.

Thanked by 2FrankZ szymonp
  • miumiu Member

@AlwaysSkint said:

@swat4 said: .. is bad for its response speed.

Actually, up until a few weeks ago, I've found the response time to be more than adequate (sometimes excellent), for the occasional Ticket raised.

Then probably i am only one person who is suffered by long waiting there, and desperate & complaining on bad support there

• I keep seeing these posts over and over again. If it takes a provider months to resolve something, just get a refund and move on. It's worthless if support is that bad. I highly recommend finding a new provider unless you are okay with months of downtime with a possibility of no answer.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member

@swat4 said:
    :| Let's be honest - we all know this provider is good for its price and is bad for its response speed.......I guess the only way is to wait...?

I understand - when your use is playing, sure u can wait
    I will rather pay ~$8-10 more yearly and change provider than do whole weeks nothing in such cases and be useless frustrated and desperate.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

/mistake (wrong thread :p )

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@miu said: .. when your use is playing.

Not always. I use for multiple nameservers, so if one goes down it doesn't really matter (see later). Another two VMs are for purely informational sites, to my benefit and for others.
    Having a couple of cheap 'spares'/idlers means if things get really bad, I'd just move over to a different VM.
    Additionally, I have relatively rarely used development servers/sites.
    Would I put a key/main/major site on one? Only if I had an appropriate fallback server.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • miumiu Member

@Samael said:>
    @miu
    I noticed that you opened second hosthatch thread today. How come?
    In case you haven't noticed Abdullah responded to you with personal mail address to solve the issue.

I am still waiting on solution and response in ticket . i appreciate that he gave me this option for personal help by him for urgent cases, but for the current circumstances:
    1) he know about my issue already (so i feel useless write to him about it again this case)
    2) i already capitulated and decided for intended use choose rather other vps and provider (what means this now is not already urgent/emergency for me - problematic zurich vps)
    so i did not bother him via email, when it seems to be to me useless and is already no urgent next for me too (I threw it behind my head)

@jamespeach said:
    move on. It's worthless if support is that bad. I highly recommend finding a new provider unless you are okay with months of downtime with a possibility of no answer.

I agree. I must change my doing: I keep and feed army idling VPSes (of such providers with this kind of support) and in moment when i need finally begin any of them use for something, i am able do nothing bcs when meet any tech problem then stuck with no response from support and kill a much of time instead move ahead
    in the end this is more expensive in total result than pay a bit expensive but good provider and services with good support

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2022

@miu my bad. I confused Virmach in the title for Hosthatch. I am hosted with both too :)

• miumiu Member

@AlwaysSkint said:

@miu said: .. when your use is playing.

Not always.

I thought @swat4 (only for playing) not you
    (i know him and know that his use is idling or not difficult small gameserver)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @miu https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178525/im-confident-support-people-are-lowend-ai

^ above experience of mine is worse but I feel your pain brother.

• @miu said: I thought swat4 (only for playing) not you.

Apologies, I took it as a generic remark.

• @miu said: I agree. ..

Reaching the same conclusion, if only I could resist the FOMO. :'(

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:
    I use for multiple nameservers

I am sorry, but after this my experiences Virmach for me personally is usable also max for NS (and not #1 but 3 or 4 in alphabetic order) (additionally: from time when i got strong lesson by oneprovider when they EOL server what i was using as NS1 (glued IP) for hundreds of domains i am very careful in decision what i choose for important NS with large num of domains (stable by years verified providers who own their IP subnets (fran,liteserver,naranja etc) - where is unexpected that my IP will be changed and i will lost it, and ideally IP what i can reserve for me as failover and can be swtched to another VM if neede.. OVH and similar))

• @miu said: and not #1 but 3 or 4 in alphabetic order

Mine are 3 to 6. ;)

Thanked by 1miu
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

I have a discounted KVM-lite in CC buffalo, but all these migrations have me a bit concerned that things might go south once that comes around.
    Crossing my fingers that I won’t need support

• Virmach also suspend your account if you actually try to use the resources that your paid for, which happened to me multiple times.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

@asterisk14 said:
    Virmach also suspend your account if you actually try to use the resources that your paid for, which happened to me multiple times.

Good to see you again. This is simply not true. Based on what I thoroughly covered in the past, you weren't using the resources you paid for, your $3 per year VM was involved in network abuse.

You were also refunded.

@miu said: After migration my VPS got erroneous 1GB of monthly bandwidth. Then when 1 GB of traffic has been spent became suspended by system. This happened May 16 2022.
    I opened ticket (Service Suspension Appeal) in the same day. As obviously got happy answer: "Your ticket has been flagged directly to the technical support department so it may sometimes take longer than usual to receive a response than a general question."

I'm not sure how we missed this one. I'll have our developer run through these again as well as the new ones created in that manner due to a bug, and have them corrected.

In your case, you do not need to appeal the suspension. There are many suspension appeal tickets right now that are involved in actual abuse since we sold thousands of services over a short period of time. I would recommend you close your ticket, and create a new ticket in the priority department mentioning 1GB bandwidth bug in the title and it'll be resolved much more quickly (and you'll receive a service duration extension.)

Thanked by 2VayVayKa Logano
  • miumiu Member

@VirMach said:
    i would recommend you close your ticket, and create a new ticket in the priority department mentioning 1GB bandwidth bug in the title and it'll be resolved much more quickly (and you'll receive a service duration extension.)

Ok i will do this

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach said:

@asterisk14 said:
    Virmach also suspend your account if you actually try to use the resources that your paid for, which happened to me multiple times.

Good to see you again. This is simply not true. Based on what I thoroughly covered in the past, you weren't using the resources you paid for, your $3 per year VM was involved in network abuse.

It worked fine on every other provider and no hint of network abuse, including the free ones like virtualvm, host1free etc but 1 week of Virmick and it's suspended without even notifying me. Happy for you to let me try your services out again once you fix your issues.

• VoidVoid Member

‘S’ in VirMach stands for Support.

• titustitus Member
    edited May 2022

Truly, this is why i'm little worry about this new VPS migration processes. I like VirMach's services (price, uptime, and other reasons). I have many small VM with them, and I like it. But.. if something goes wrong the end user can feel alone himself with the trouble. :/ (And this migration processes requested/started by the provider, not by the end users).

If it's not a priority ticket You can try to open one. Probably (I hope) they will not charge about extra fee for it, because it's not Your fault, and Your paid VM is not usable. Maybe it's faster..

After one of my VM migration it was not able to boot, and the OS reinstall also not worked on the SolusVM, I got several and various error messages etc.. Luckily I was able to solve it with a LET community help.

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Its cheap enough to setup a cluster for automatic failover.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@asterisk14 said:
    It worked fine on every other provider and no hint of network abuse, including the free ones like virtualvm, host1free etc but 1 week of Virmick and it's suspended without even notifying me. Happy for you to let me try your services out again once you fix your issues.

Just out of curiosity, what's "it"?

• ralfralf Member

@asterisk14 said:
    ... but 1 week of Virmick and it's suspended without even notifying me. Happy for you to let me try your services out again once you fix your issues.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he might not take you up on your offer, kind and generous as it is.

• @jmaxwell said:

I don't get this, please explain,

@titus said:
    I have many small VM with them, and I like it. But.. if something goes wrong the end user can feel alone himself with the trouble.

This is the problem with 1 or 2 man bands. In a brick and mortar store everything is apparent from observation, but in the IT world where these 1 man bands operate from their bedrooms but have a polished website, it's all hidden or opaque and you have little come back.

@ralf said:

@asterisk14 said:
    ... but 1 week of Virmick and it's suspended without even notifying me. Happy for you to let me try your services out again once you fix your issues.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he might not take you up on your offer, kind and generous as it is.

I was being sarcastic :-) Wouldn't want to deal with Virmick again for all the reasons in this thread.

• ralfralf Member

@asterisk14 said:

@jmaxwell said:

I don't get this, please explain

There's no S in VirMach

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • pddpdd Member

Mine too.The same 1G bandwidth bug and ticket not solved,I dont know what to say!

• adlyadly Veteran

@VirMach said:
    In your case, you do not need to appeal the suspension. There are many suspension appeal tickets right now that are involved in actual abuse since we sold thousands of services over a short period of time. I would recommend you close your ticket, and create a new ticket in the priority department mentioning 1GB bandwidth bug in the title and it'll be resolved much more quickly (and you'll receive a service duration extension.)

Surely it’s quicker and easier to just resolve the issue directly rather than asking the customer to open up another ticket and wait?

• pddpdd Member

@adly said:

@VirMach said:

Surely it’s quicker and easier to just resolve the issue directly rather than asking the customer to open up another ticket and wait?

This is also the problem I can't understand, Virmach has time to merge or close tickets but no time to just solve the problem immediately?

Thanked by 3adly O0ooo miu