Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Virmach usable with their "support" for something serious ever? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Virmach usable with their "support" for something serious ever?

2»

Comments

• skorousskorous Member

@pdd said:

This is also the problem I can't understand, Virmach has time to merge or close tickets but no time to just solve the problem immediately?

Because running a script to merge and close a thousand tickets takes the same amount of time as solving and responding to a thousand different user issues. Completely see your point.

• adlyadly Veteran

@skorous said:
    Because running a script to merge and close a thousand tickets takes the same amount of time as solving and responding to a thousand different user issues. Completely see your point.

But visiting a forum, confirming the issue (presumably by checking the ticket/account), and responding surely takes more time than just updating the bandwidth and closing the ticket.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@skorous said:

@pdd said:

This is also the problem I can't understand, Virmach has time to merge or close tickets but no time to just solve the problem immediately?

LOL.

Also, merging/closing tickets is "in-house" work, whereas solving the actual issues/problems could require involvement/support from upstream(s), which can take a longer time.

• pddpdd Member

@skorous said:

@pdd said:

I don't really understand your point.So Virmach just merging or closing tickets and expect people to move on with it?Since their problems unsolved, people will creat the same tickets again and again until Virmach have to deal with it personally, so the script is just a temporary cover for the problem and not a real solution! It's self-delusion

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

@adly said:

@VirMach said:
    In your case, you do not need to appeal the suspension. There are many suspension appeal tickets right now that are involved in actual abuse since we sold thousands of services over a short period of time. I would recommend you close your ticket, and create a new ticket in the priority department mentioning 1GB bandwidth bug in the title and it'll be resolved much more quickly (and you'll receive a service duration extension.)

Surely it’s quicker and easier to just resolve the issue directly rather than asking the customer to open up another ticket and wait?

It's not easier once we start providing preferential support publicly and everyone starts creating LowEndTalk support tickets. Everything has queues and when I'm on LET it's usually when I'm taking a short break. It's not always from the same computer or location either.

Also in this case, I won't be the one handling the ticket.

@pdd said:

@skorous said:

@pdd said:

I don't really understand your point.So Virmach just merging or closing tickets and expect people to move on with it?Since their problems unsolved, people will creat the same tickets again and again until Virmach have to deal with it personally, so the script is just a temporary cover for the problem and not a real solution! It's self-delusion

The script is there to deal with the spike in duplicate tickets. Most of the merged tickets, but not all, are people spamming the same request to grab our attention. This is counterproductive, so we merge them. When we merge them, those tickets tend to be less concise. We'll pick out the ones that have appropriate titles but otherwise they may be closed and asking customer to create one concise ticket.

It's a temporary measure and it's not perfect but it definitely is a real solution and it helps get to everyone's tickets faster. We have people that create 4-6 tickets for the same issue.

"Please answer ticket #439839" tickets aren't helpful. One ticket in priority, one in billing, one in technical isn't helpful. If we don't merge tickets and one gets processed and there's a duplicate we end up looking at the same issue multiple times. If we merge them, we still have multiple replies and have to go through all the replies reading them versus one concise message. During normal ticket volumes this is fine but not when we have double or triple the volume.

• sonusonu Member

the answer is no. all the low ends, I would not advise you put any serious server on them. they are designed for study and personal websites and personal script executors.

• miumiu Member

@sonu said:
    the answer is no. all the low ends, I would not advise you put any serious server on them. they are designed for study and personal websites and personal script executors.

I do not agree with your reason = "no for all low ends / bcs LE so no":
    For example i use Liteserver services with the same price level (LE) - so we can consider it from this angle of view (price) as LE, and there are years running services for my corporate clients and zero problems, worries or disappointment - your claim fails the low end always cannot be applicable for production use
    And i thing that they can sure be comparable in quality and stability (uptime) with providers with 5 or 10 x more expensive prices for the same resources only different is that thay call self "High END"?? (+ ask several time more money)
    So generally not valid is that LE must be always something inferior and doubtful

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2022

@miu said:

@sonu said:

I do not agree with your reason = "no for all low ends / bcs LE so no":
    For example i use Liteserver services with the same price level (LE) - so we can consider it from this angle of view (price) as LE, and there are years running services for my corporate clients and zero problems, worries or disappointment - your claim fails the low end always cannot be applicable for production use
    And i thing that they can sure be comparable in quality and stability (uptime) with providers with 5 or 10 x more expensive prices for the same resources only different is that thay call self "High END"?? (+ ask several time more money)
    So generally not valid is that LE must be always something inferior and doubtful

you have many services and much experience on vps no doubt, but you might be confused with the trinity of quality in LE:

• price
    • specs
    • support

no single provider can ace all 3 categories and you should be clear which is most important for your use case, and select providers that fulfill that category.

Expecting SLA support from Virmach and Hosthatch for corporate clients on special deals? very gutsy, this has gotta be calculated risk.

Looking for provider with great support and doubled bandwidth? thats gonna be old intel v2 with ipv4 only, or pay much more for ryzen.

Looking for provider that exceeds expectations for all 3 ? That's a unicorn.

for now the closest to that is maybe greencloudvps.

• adlyadly Veteran

@VirMach said: It's not easier once we start providing preferential support publicly and everyone starts creating LowEndTalk support tickets. Everything has queues and when I'm on LET it's usually when I'm taking a short break. It's not always from the same computer or location either.

Also in this case, I won't be the one handling the ticket.

Fair enough. I'm not a customer, so I don't have any dog in the fight, but there has to be a better way of handling it that doesn't completely trash a fairly well developed community reputation which is what seems to be happening right now.

Thanked by 2devp bulbasaur
  • skorousskorous Member

@adly said: but there has to be a better way of handling it that doesn't completely trash a fairly well developed community reputation

See, I'm kind of an ass so were I in Virmach's shoes I'd have my developer grab some old ELIZA code and anybody with: a) more than three tickets, b) total ticket length of less than ten words, c) mention any more than two of "migration", "work order", "abuse", "refound", "please answer ticket", etc... would get tossed into a queue that ELIZA answers once every six to eight hours. This way people who only put in one ticket with concise descriptions actually get faster service while needy buggers who can't follow directions feel like they're getting extra special attention.

• devpdevp Member

@VirMach said: It's not easier once we start providing preferential support publicly and everyone starts creating LowEndTalk support tickets.

You should hire a support person to filter thousands of tickets. You are having thousands of tickets for weeks and lots of users LET members are shared here you are not responding to their tickets is not how you should present services here.

How to handle tickets quickly and get answered them early is your own responsibility.

Thousands of yours customers are already decided to move and lots other have already moved. Those customers shared their experiences with your services and how you provide support whenever they needed on multiple threads here at LET forum.

Thanked by 2risharde yoursunny
  • devpdevp Member

@adly said: Fair enough. I'm not a customer, so I don't have any dog in the fight, but there has to be a better way of handling it that doesn't completely trash a fairly well developed community reputation which is what seems to be happening right now.

Agreed

@cybertech said: Expecting SLA support from Virmach and Hosthatch for corporate clients on special deals? very gutsy, this has gotta be calculated risk.

There customers that purchase services from them in deals should have their vps properly configured and operational during their plans interval.

Thats what these customers are constantly asking from them but not receiving. These just make lots of unplanned upgrades and then send message to their customer their upgrade failed and they are now recovering.

Multiple threads here at LET forum are addressing the same.

These providers should have to hire support team and improve thier ticket response.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2022

@devp said:

There customers that purchase services from them in deals should have their vps properly configured and operational during their plans interval.

Thats what these customers are constantly asking from them but not receiving. These just make lots of unplanned upgrades and then send message to their customer their upgrade failed and they are now recovering.

Multiple threads here at LET forum are addressing the same.

These providers should have to hire support team and improve thier ticket response.

well dont we all want that.

if that is a critical requirement, choose provider wisely.

if it comes to the point that multiple threads are made here to complain about any provider, chances of getting timely personalised support is likely 0 or less.

• devpdevp Member

@cybertech said: well dont we all want that.

There customers as asking that in every thread and customers are getting template response from these providers.

These are among the most active providers when comes to comment on threads at LET forum but in terms of fixing and update to their systems that they failed to apply these providers stating reasons to not fulfulling support tickets rather than providing proper update to their servers and testing update on other servers before applyting to the production server.

@cybertech said: if that is a critical requirement, choose provider wisely.

A provider that is having 5k+ active paying customers should provide near 100% active servers to their customers.

Customers like to contact support only when they want to config their servers that is not available from their control.

Servers are not booting.Disk got errors while booting. These errors are generally not originated from customer and they should be held responsible to handle those configurations.

As far as servers are running as marketed and customers are able to ssh into their servers ( both vps and dedicated ) they can manage other stuff related to server configurations and application management.

Lots of customers here are reporting that their servers are not even booting and misconfiguration upadted to their orders and providers are not responsing to their queries.
    Lots of these customers ( in multi hundereds ) are members of LET forum and trusted these providers as they are here.

For large scale production application purchasing better and dedicated servers is an option.

@cybertech said: if it comes to the point that multiple threads are made here to complain about any provider, chances of getting timely personalised support is likely 0 or less.

These providers have to improve their support system as they are managing support desks that are expected to handle under 5 responses per hour during office hours for handling 300+ tickets per day.

Most of these tickets are due to their non responsiveness on their earlier tickets.

These provdiers are providing offers at large scale here and continuosly refusing to provide active support for the configurations and updates that they marketed in their plans while offering.

Thanked by 1pdd
  • pddpdd Member

@VirMach said:

So what? My 1g bandwidth bug is still not solved for about 24 hours, tickets are ignored! The VM is not working! What do you expect me to do?Wait, Wait, Wait? I can wait for the preorder, but I can't be patient when the original good VM is not working because of your technical problems!

• miumiu Member

Great day today

• ralfralf Member

I wonder if the next round of services will be on the PreciousSnowflake-VM domain.