Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im confident support 'people' are lowend AI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Im confident support 'people' are lowend AI

Im confident support 'people' are lowend AI. At craziest times I get a response within 2 minutes! It's always never properly answered.

Comments

• @kevertje said:
    Im confident support 'people' are lowend AI. At craziest times I get a response within 2 minutes! It's always never properly answered.

That's your experience at a particular provider?

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We need some of these AIs to answer tickets properly in 2 minutes 😃

Thanked by 2bruh21 Erisa
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Always hated when they say 'It's fixed now.' lol

But that's just the nature of advertising tocket answers withing 30 minutes for example.

• Have you tried turning it off and on again?

And that's actually legit advice.

Thanked by 1kevertje
  • SPSP Member
    edited April 2022

@risharde said:

Personally, I don't bother explaining on the first reply after the fix unless it was something they could have done themselves (e.g. unmount the ISO and power on). Probably 1/10 people ask what the problem was, most people just don't reply further and go about their business.

Also, I don't let tickets just sit there unless I either don't like you, you are rude, or you are annoying. I think any provider knows there are clients that you like, clients that worry you when you hear from them, and clients you but not enough to fire them as a client.

There are instances where I don't know the answer and am researching, but usually if it's going to be a bit I'll let you know and place the ticket on hold. Otherwise I try and get the first response out within 15 minutes.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@SP said:

@risharde said:

Personally, I don't bother explaining on the first reply after the fix unless it was something they could have done themselves (e.g. unmount the ISO and power on). Probably 1/10 people ask what the problem was, most people just don't reply further and go about their business.

Also, I don't let tickets just sit there unless I either don't like you, you are rude, or you are annoying. I think any provider knows there are clients that you like, clients that worry you when you hear from them, and clients you but not enough to fire them as a client.

There are instances where I don't know the answer and am researching, but usually if it's going to be a bit I'll let you know and place the ticket on hold. Otherwise I try and get the first response out within 15 minutes.

Have you ever ‘accidentally’ deleted the VPS of a customer who was a cunt to support, or taken some other form of petty but amusing revenge upon them? I await your hilarious stories.

• SPSP Member

@Nekki said:
    Have you ever ‘accidentally’ deleted the VPS of a customer who was a cunt to support, or taken some other form of petty but amusing revenge upon them? I await your hilarious stories.

Unfortunately, no deletions. I have left people's IP null-routed for longer than needed because "the attack was on-going", when I had no idea if it was or not. I've also changed nameserver records and left them wrong on purpose (e.g. ns1.doamin.com instead of ns1.domain.com). Never anything permanent or hard to fix, but annoying.

I will say if you are doing shit against the TOS/AUP and you write in being a dick, don't. Especially if you are a load-abuser.

I've also gone WAY out of my way to help people when I can. Like going back through tickets to find when your server was moved to another node, finding that the source wasn't deleted (it's manual for OVZ migrations), and bringing that data to the current node when you reinstalled instead of rebooted. I've performed tons of Windows installs (they are complicated on OpenStack), installed and did a basic setup of cPanel and DA, reset countless "lost" root passwords, and a bunch of other out-of-scope stuff even though we are specifically an unmanaged provider and never admit to doing it. Being nice and/or humble goes a long way.

For the most part, I treat support like fast-food workers. Be nice, smile when you speak, and be as patient as you can. When that node is down, the provider is losing money too. I'm sorry your $3/mo VPS that is literally the life blood of your business is down. Our shit is down too, we want it back up the same as you. Also, why don't you have a DR plan? Our TOS says "data loss is a tough-shit scenario. backup your shit." I'm not having that failed server shipped to DriveSavers, it's not going to happen. Yes, I've had someone ask.

Being a dick doesn't help anything and makes them not want to help you.

Thanked by 3fedor Nekki Erisa
  • @Offshore_Solutions said:

@kevertje said:

That's your experience at a particular provider?

Well it's kind of meme of course. but the latest ones I tried is literally making me wonder if there's a human present. I'm being kind, ask a few questions. Only one is half-assed answered. Even when I say 'I can pay money for it' doesn't trigger the AI to actually help

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @Nekki said: Have you ever ‘accidentally’ deleted the VPS of a customer who was a cunt to support, or taken some other form of petty but amusing revenge upon them? I await your hilarious stories.

you never accidentally your vps?

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @SP said:

@Nekki said:

Unfortunately, no deletions. I have left people's IP null-routed for longer than needed because "the attack was on-going", when I had no idea if it was or not. I've also changed nameserver records and left them wrong on purpose (e.g. ns1.doamin.com instead of ns1.domain.com). Never anything permanent or hard to fix, but annoying.

I will say if you are doing shit against the TOS/AUP and you write in being a dick, don't. Especially if you are a load-abuser.

I've also gone WAY out of my way to help people when I can. Like going back through tickets to find when your server was moved to another node, finding that the source wasn't deleted (it's manual for OVZ migrations), and bringing that data to the current node when you reinstalled instead of rebooted. I've performed tons of Windows installs (they are complicated on OpenStack), installed and did a basic setup of cPanel and DA, reset countless "lost" root passwords, and a bunch of other out-of-scope stuff even though we are specifically an unmanaged provider and never admit to doing it. Being nice and/or humble goes a long way.

For the most part, I treat support like fast-food workers. Be nice, smile when you speak, and be as patient as you can. When that node is down, the provider is losing money too. I'm sorry your $3/mo VPS that is literally the life blood of your business is down. Our shit is down too, we want it back up the same as you. Also, why don't you have a DR plan? Our TOS says "data loss is a tough-shit scenario. backup your shit." I'm not having that failed server shipped to DriveSavers, it's not going to happen. Yes, I've had someone ask.

Being a dick doesn't help anything and makes them not want to help you.

From your profile:

Do you own, operate, or work for a hosting provider? No

• SPSP Member

@TimboJones said:
    From your profile:

Shit, you got me dead to rights. I didn't properly fill out my lowendtalk.com profile.

• @SP said:

@TimboJones said:
    From your profile:

Shit, you got me dead to rights. I didn't properly fill out my lowendtalk.com profile.

One fucking question, that profile?