Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 211
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• @foitin said:

@VirMach said:
    Tokyo storage
    I'm trying to make sure we get networking under control in this region before we release the storage

and that's like, forever?

Frankly speaking, you over-oversold Tokyo VPS, especially $8.88 plan to excessive amount of MJJs and I don't expect Tokyo network to become stable anytime soon.

Is San Jose issue due to migrating MJJs' pouring in?

Ticket queue - even with us keeping up with them there was a huge spike in ticket creations between all the issues with Tokyo, San Jose, and lots of inquiries regarding migrations. On top of the usual additional hundreds per day we got around another 1,000 tickets created in the past 2-3 days so it will take some time to get to all of them.

How about not allowing people to migrate before you can get networking under control?

Maybe control by banning more accounts
    Maybe I'm the victim~
    The account purchased on March 12 was banned, and the traffic usage was less than 10%
    stay away from him~

• nutjobnutjob Member

@VirMach said:
    I haven't read through any responses for a while...

Seriously: don't bother, there's nothing of value there.

• PiKaChuPiKaChu Member

@VirMach said:
    *Update** - I haven't read through any responses for a while but I'm just going to use this to provide some information on where I do have some updates available.

TYOC030 - The changes we made were clearly not successful here. The IPMI was functional but system wouldn't power on. CMOS was reset, CPU re-seated, RAM tested/checked one at a time, and so far this has only resulted in it not turning on at all now. We're going to use TYOC028 which is functional and move all the disks to this server physically and hope we can get everyone back online ASAP.

San Jose network - Still needs improvements on some servers, clearing up abuse.

Tokyo storage - It's been here for a few days, and I have it set up for the most part. It's with 1Gbps only right now and not 10Gbps. I'm trying to make sure we get networking under control in this region before we release the storage, especially if there's going to be people upset about networking not being 10Gbps yet. I might go through and contact people one by one and let them decide individually.

Los Angeles storage - Its been here for a while, the OS needs to be re-installed. Everything else looks good to go and 10Gbps should be ready from the start.

Los Angeles Ryzen - Servers have been here for over a week, they need an extra disk placed in them for the OS which are already there as well, just need to schedule it with DC hands for tonight most likely. This location will have the highest capacity available, at around 120TB, so we should be able to proceed with more migrations soon.

Amsterdam Ryzen - This had a lot of XPG drives. I didn't use them and we've sent in replacement NVMe SSDs for all the servers here, they'll be added as soon as possible and we should have more space to proceed with migrations.

Miami - Shipped off a few servers.

Frankfurt - Shipped off a few servers.

Ticket queue - even with us keeping up with them there was a huge spike in ticket creations between all the issues with Tokyo, San Jose, and lots of inquiries regarding migrations. On top of the usual additional hundreds per day we got around another 1,000 tickets created in the past 2-3 days so it will take some time to get to all of them.

Anything else not listed, it means it has no further updates at this time. I’m going to be traveling over the next 12 hours and I will resume not being around here much after that but you should hopefully see everything ease up a little bit after that.

Select Location
    San Jose, CA - KVM Lite -

what's wrong?How long will it take to get back to normal?

Another Tokyo

It has been two months since March to May. It hasn't been opened yet. Is there an accurate information?

I've never seen such a shameless business before,Will you be a man,Please!!!

• @PiKaChu said:

@VirMach said:
    *Update** - I haven't read through any responses for a while but I'm just going to use this to provide some information on where I do have some updates available.

TYOC030 - The changes we made were clearly not successful here. The IPMI was functional but system wouldn't power on. CMOS was reset, CPU re-seated, RAM tested/checked one at a time, and so far this has only resulted in it not turning on at all now. We're going to use TYOC028 which is functional and move all the disks to this server physically and hope we can get everyone back online ASAP.

Tokyo storage - It's been here for a few days, and I have it set up for the most part. It's with 1Gbps only right now and not 10Gbps. I'm trying to make sure we get networking under control in this region before we release the storage, especially if there's going to be people upset about networking not being 10Gbps yet. I might go through and contact people one by one and let them decide individually.

Los Angeles storage - Its been here for a while, the OS needs to be re-installed. Everything else looks good to go and 10Gbps should be ready from the start.

Los Angeles Ryzen - Servers have been here for over a week, they need an extra disk placed in them for the OS which are already there as well, just need to schedule it with DC hands for tonight most likely. This location will have the highest capacity available, at around 120TB, so we should be able to proceed with more migrations soon.

Amsterdam Ryzen - This had a lot of XPG drives. I didn't use them and we've sent in replacement NVMe SSDs for all the servers here, they'll be added as soon as possible and we should have more space to proceed with migrations.

Anything else not listed, it means it has no further updates at this time. I’m going to be traveling over the next 12 hours and I will resume not being around here much after that but you should hopefully see everything ease up a little bit after that.

Select Location

Another Tokyo

It has been two months since March to May. It hasn't been opened yet. Is there an accurate information?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@PiKaChu said:

Thanked by 3tototo FrankZ bulbasaur
  • Clearing the abuse on San Jose has significantly improved the network over the last ~5 hours - thank you @VirMach

• pddpdd Member

@VirMach said:

So how long do we have to wait for paid migration?Can you give us a clear answer?Many people pay but nothing happens, do not ignore the quesyion once again!

• ripeappleripeapple Member
    edited May 2022

@digitalwicked said:
    Clearing the abuse on San Jose has significantly improved the network over the last ~5 hours - thank you @VirMach

no improvements seen in SJCZ 005, still as shitty as it was

• tsingkwaitsingkwai Member
    edited May 2022

@VirMach Can you bring up my server?It says active but my control panel dead and i can't ping it..Other machine at this ip range is up, ticket #551571

• TimCaroTimCaro Member

@pdd said:

@VirMach said:

So how long do we have to wait for paid migration?Can you give us a clear answer?Many people pay but nothing happens, do not ignore the quesyion once again!

Let me quote your comment, I agree it. :)

You say:
    Are you spending a lot of money? Why can't you be patient and let VirMach do his job? You are buying a lowend product, what are you expecting? Want a better service?Be my guest to use aws or gcp!

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3421348#Comment_3421348

• TokyomTokyom Member

@pdd said:

@VirMach said:

You say:

Are you spending a lot of money? Why can't you be patient and let VirMach do his job? You are buying a lowend product, what are you expecting? Want a better service?Be my guest to use aws or gcp!

• TokyomTokyom Member

@PiKaChu said:

@VirMach said:

Select Location

Another Tokyo

You can't attack him, there are a lot of people here to defend him, a lot of servants, we spend money and listen to gossip

• @Tokyom said:

@PiKaChu said:

@VirMach said:

Select Location

Another Tokyo

You can't attack him, there are a lot of people here to defend him, a lot of servants, we spend money and listen to gossip

Apply for a refund, this is the best choice for you, don't wait.

• bdlbdl Member

LowEndHostLoc

Thanked by 3pdd FrankZ bulbasaur
  • pddpdd Member

@bdl said:
    LowEndHostLoc

Thanked by 1bdl
  • qquccsqquccs Member

The sjc002 node has been offline for a week, why hasn't it been repaired?

• skorousskorous Member

@qquccs said:

To piss you off of course

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2022

RIP RYZE.AMS-D025.VMS sponsored by XPG/ADATA? :(

/dev/vda1: clean, xxxxx/xxx files, xxxx/xxx blocks
    mount: mounting /dev/vda1 on /root failed: No such device
    Failed to mount /dev/vda1 as root file system.

• @JabJab said: RIP RYZE.AMS-D025.VMS sponsored by XPG/ADATA?

My VPS from AMSD025 node is alive and running, but I see that it was rebooted approx. 40 minutes ago.

• @Tokyom said:

@pdd said:

@VirMach said:

You say:

LoL

• JabJabJabJab Member

@Rockster said: My VPS from AMSD025 node is alive and running, but I see that it was rebooted approx. 40 minutes ago.

Damn. Fuck. Time to investigate then :(

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited May 2022

@JabJab said: Damn. Fuck. Time to investigate then :(

01:21:49 up 1:41, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Sun 15 May 2022 01:21:52 AM CEST

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom
    vda 254:0 0 50G 0 disk
    ├─vda1 254:1 0 49.7G 0 part /
    └─vda2 254:2 0 256M 0 part [SWAP]

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Thanked by 3pdd TimboJones ehab
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2022

Yeah, that is the funny part. Filesystem is "fine" if I check from rescue mode. I can even mount it. Stupid entries in GRUB for UUIDS are fine too.

Probably newer kernel hates me :D

EDIT: Okey, Debian hates me. For some reason kernel was fucked up and simple apt update & apt upgrade from chroot in rescue mode fixed that. Why the fuck I went harder mode earlier? :D

• @qquccs said:

The same problem, the panel can't be opened, when will it be solved?

• fanfan Veteran

Well, TYOC29 is gone now.

• Node 39 Tokyo is dead

• HishiroHishiro Member
    edited May 2022

Tokyo is down.

• henixhenix Member

what a shitshow

• TYOC040 down too.

This discussion has been closed.