Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOSTUS is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HOSTUS is down

Does anyone have contact with Alexander from HOSTUS? Their online support is dead ! My VPS doesn't work for nine hours ! Does anyone else have a problem on Charlotte servers ???

Comments

• They're having lots of trouble recently but so far all servers came back online after a couple days. I'd wait until the week starts.

• Wasn't it sold?

• GravelyGravely Member

Alexander has been unresponsive for quite some time now

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

I've been waiting 5 months for an ASN, scandalous

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@Calin said:

Same, I ordered mine in December of 2021

• zedzed Member

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Wasn't it sold?

that would explain a bit.. any confirmation on this?

• miumiu Member

Quite i am worried... What is happening with HostUS? Bcs in past i was very satisfied with their services and it was good good provider :-O

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I remember back in the days, HostUs was great, to my great surprise HostUS didn't grow to offer more locations and become what I thought would have been one of the top providers by this time

• @HalfEatenPie said:
    Wasn't it sold?

If this this true, I'd suggest everyone find alternative servers as a matter of urgency. HostUS used to be great, but that can't be assumed to be true moving forward.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@cicocico said: Does anyone else have a problem on Charlotte servers

I thought they migrated their Charlotte users/services earlier this year since QuickPacket moved to VA?

• LoganoLogano Member

I remember the humble beginnings when Alex would reply to tickets at 2AM sipping coffee in his undies (presumably). That was awesome, getting 24 hour support from a one-man business, but hopefully his health isn't the issue here.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @DP said: I thought they migrated their Charlotte users/services earlier this year since QuickPacket moved to VA?

I'm still there, maybe they forgot about me :open_mouth: :smile:

@Logano said: I remember the humble beginnings when Alex would reply to tickets at 2AM sipping coffee in his undies (presumably). That was awesome, getting 24 hour support from a one-man business, but hopefully his health isn't the issue here.

I understand that this is a one man show, but 24 hours to be offline is ridiculous !

@cicocico said: I'm still there, maybe they forgot about me

You sure?

IIRC, your IP will remain the same.

• Can anyone recommend me a VPS (openvz) in that price range? I don't have a lot of traffic, I have 10 sites from clients !

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

Might not be accurate, probably forgotten to update through configurable options.

• @Advin said: Might not be accurate, probably forgotten to update through configurable options.

You're probably right!
    Update: after 20 hours offline, VPS is finally online :neutral:

@Advin said:

Might not be accurate, probably forgotten to update through configurable options.

Yeah.

Services in Charlotte were migrated to Dallas, TX.

You should've received an email regarding this.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@Calin said:

HOw much you paid for it ?

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@Calin said:
    @ManishPant 50$

Okay thanks

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@dahartigan said:

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Wasn't it sold?

If this this true, I'd suggest everyone find alternative servers as a matter of urgency. HostUS used to be great, but that can't be assumed to be true moving forward.

Not true, I asked them just to clear things up since I thought it might be the case as well.

• @MikeA said:

@dahartigan said:

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Wasn't it sold?

Not true, I asked them just to clear things up since I thought it might be the case as well.

Thanks for checking and clarifying. It seems I was misinformed.

Now that I think back, I guess I recalled it was Ramnode that was sold and not HostUs.

Thanked by 3MikeA can webcraft
  • Back down again, had a VPS unreachable for 20 hours and no response on support cases.

• When I my vps were down for more than 4 days and no one answered the ticket, I just moved with my backups to another cloud vps provider. HostUS was quite premium 5-6 years ago and now no one gives attention to your tickets or vm in timely manner. 4+ days of downtime is sure no no!

• @JasonM said:
    HostUS was quite premium 5-6 years ago and now no one gives attention to your tickets or vm in timely manner. 4+ days of downtime is sure no no!

Look I have only had good experiences with them so far and @AlexanderM has been great to me for years... but I have had 3x outages now in the last few months, usually a network issue rather than the host itself.

Nothing against them, but I think I need to be moving elsewhere. My issue is additional IP's as most providers in AU hate selling them.

• Back up after around 24h of downtime. Zero response to support case which I closed once the VPS was responsive.

• tommyluotommyluo Member
    edited August 2022

Mime is about 12 hours offline and Leo reply to the ticket saying the physical node issue

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@cicocico said:
    Can anyone recommend me a VPS (openvz) in that price range? I don't have a lot of traffic, I have 10 sites from clients !

We can offer you similar price range server in US, France and Canada location, let us know.

• @cicocico said:
    Does anyone have contact with Alexander from HOSTUS? Their online support is dead ! My VPS doesn't work for nine hours ! Does anyone else have a problem on Charlotte servers ???

Same here. Any update? Did you try contact @AlexanderM ?