Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOSTUS is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

HOSTUS is down

cicocicocicocico Member

Does anyone have contact with Alexander from HOSTUS? Their online support is dead ! My VPS doesn't work for nine hours ! Does anyone else have a problem on Charlotte servers ???

Comments

• webcraftwebcraft Member

They're having lots of trouble recently but so far all servers came back online after a couple days. I'd wait until the week starts.

• Wasn't it sold?

• GravelyGravely Member

Alexander has been unresponsive for quite some time now

• CalinCalin Member

I've been waiting 5 months for an ASN, scandalous

• AdvinAdvin Member, Host Rep

@Calin said:

Same, I ordered mine in December of 2021

• zedzed Member

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Wasn't it sold?

that would explain a bit.. any confirmation on this?

• miumiu Member

Quite i am worried... What is happening with HostUS? Bcs in past i was very satisfied with their services and it was good good provider :-O

• risharderisharde Member

I remember back in the days, HostUs was great, to my great surprise HostUS didn't grow to offer more locations and become what I thought would have been one of the top providers by this time

• dahartigandahartigan Member

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Wasn't it sold?

If this this true, I'd suggest everyone find alternative servers as a matter of urgency. HostUS used to be great, but that can't be assumed to be true moving forward.

• DPDP Member, Moderator, The Domain Guy

@cicocico said: Does anyone else have a problem on Charlotte servers

I thought they migrated their Charlotte users/services earlier this year since QuickPacket moved to VA?

• LoganoLogano Member

I remember the humble beginnings when Alex would reply to tickets at 2AM sipping coffee in his undies (presumably). That was awesome, getting 24 hour support from a one-man business, but hopefully his health isn't the issue here.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • cicocicocicocico Member

@DP said: I thought they migrated their Charlotte users/services earlier this year since QuickPacket moved to VA?

I'm still there, maybe they forgot about me :open_mouth: :smile:

@Logano said: I remember the humble beginnings when Alex would reply to tickets at 2AM sipping coffee in his undies (presumably). That was awesome, getting 24 hour support from a one-man business, but hopefully his health isn't the issue here.

I understand that this is a one man show, but 24 hours to be offline is ridiculous !

@cicocico said: I'm still there, maybe they forgot about me

You sure?

IIRC, your IP will remain the same.

Can anyone recommend me a VPS (openvz) in that price range? I don't have a lot of traffic, I have 10 sites from clients !

• AdvinAdvin Member, Host Rep
    edited May 9

Might not be accurate, probably forgotten to update through configurable options.

@Advin said: Might not be accurate, probably forgotten to update through configurable options.

You're probably right!
    Update: after 20 hours offline, VPS is finally online :neutral:

@Advin said:

Might not be accurate, probably forgotten to update through configurable options.

Yeah.

Services in Charlotte were migrated to Dallas, TX.

You should've received an email regarding this.

• ManishPantManishPant Member

@Calin said:

HOw much you paid for it ?

• CalinCalin Member
  • ManishPantManishPant Member

@Calin said:
    @ManishPant 50$

Okay thanks

• MikeAMikeA Member, Host Rep

@dahartigan said:

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Wasn't it sold?

If this this true, I'd suggest everyone find alternative servers as a matter of urgency. HostUS used to be great, but that can't be assumed to be true moving forward.

Not true, I asked them just to clear things up since I thought it might be the case as well.

• @MikeA said:

@dahartigan said:

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Wasn't it sold?

Not true, I asked them just to clear things up since I thought it might be the case as well.

Thanks for checking and clarifying. It seems I was misinformed.

Now that I think back, I guess I recalled it was Ramnode that was sold and not HostUs.

Thanked by 3MikeA can webcraft