Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paypal Very bad rogue company.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Paypal Very bad rogue company.

The paypal company is banning its users at will and freezing funds for 180 days. As a corporate user, I uploaded my company's entity name, tax number and my own ID information, which is enough to prove the legitimacy of the account. Unfortunately, paypal Having received this information did not respect his users. There is no reason for your account to be arbitrarily banned and blacklisted, they explain that this is their right, and they have collected your private data and don't plan to delete your account after banning your account, they will put your company's phone number Tax ID card information and what does your ID do?

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member

paypal doesn't care because many people use them.
    Just like amazon. 1 less person doesn't matter to them.

Thanked by 1Alireza
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Try to call them. I had all our issues sorted via call. Though no issues related.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

What did they say you did?

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited May 2022

PayPal is a company, not a government or bank. They have the freedom to do whatever they want to you unfortunately (although I'm sure some legislation exists now).

Just saying people have had this or worse since the start

• SuperXPSuperXP Member

@Nekki said:

They didn't give me any instructions, just said they have the right to ban any account.

• SuperXPSuperXP Member

@KermEd said:
    PayPal is a company, not a government or bank. They have the freedom to do whatever they want to you unfortunately (although I'm sure some legislation exists now).

I also have the freedom to tell the whole story of the incident.
    let more people know they suck

• turdskiturdski Member

@SuperXP said:

Do there exist people that don't know PayPal sucks?

I thought everyone knew that PayPal =

• Ridicules high fees.
    • Extremely bad exchange rates.
    • Freezing accounts.
  • oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

We just dropped paypal and went to stripe.com. Paypal jacked our processing rates and refused to work with us after 10yrs of doing business with them. Seems like they dont care about clients any more.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@SuperXP said:

@Nekki said:

They didn't give me any instructions, just said they have the right to ban any account.

You did something.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • WolfWolf Member

@KermEd said:

Well... PayPal does hold a banking licence in the Luxembourg. B)

Cheers

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Nothing new to be honest.

Thanked by 1afn
  • AltesAltes Member

It's quite possible that I'm wrong here, but this part: "which is enough to prove the legitimacy of the account" makes my spidey sense go off. If we've learned anything through having to go through KYC, it's that it's never quite clear cut as we think it would be.

Even though the person on the other side may feel like they provided enough documents, it doesn't mean that it will be enough in every situation.

For example, the KYC officer suspects that you're either using falsified documents, or laundering money, and he's going to ask you for additional documentation that would be difficult to fake, and should you either refuse, or start to squirm, he will decide that you're high risk and simply close your account.

They absolutely have that right, and you have to not only be polite, but also provide everything that they ask for. That is, if you want to use their service.

Honestly, PayPal is very important to have (if you're able to, and fees notwithstanding) because we all find it super easy to pay with PayPal, and the customer knows right away that there aren't going to be any issues whatsoever, unlike with CC processors (sometimes).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2022

Pro tip: Keep a working capital loan open. Doesn't have to be a lot, just keep it open. Same with stripe capital. Watch how eager they are to drop you when you owe them money and the terms are that you pay it back primarily by your active income on the platform.

• DonkeyDonkey Member

Once upon a time my paypal account was closed(and freeze 300$ for 180 days) for taking payment for freelancing work from a client. I tried to contact paypal via email,call all i got response was your account is closed and it's final decision.

Then i was instructed by a friend who is from usa to file complaint in nebraska.gov website he wrote the complaint message for me I just copy and submitted in the website after few days i got mail from paypal staff telling that they restored my account to fully functional.

Thanked by 2Chuck tmepy
  • PayPal is a company that has outlived its usefulness and desperately needs to die.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=louis+rossmann+paypal

Thanked by 4Chuck afn desperand jsg
  • fynixfynix Member

@dane_doherty said:
    PayPal is a company that has outlived its usefulness and desperately needs to die.

Why would it matter to you? It's not like you use PayPal. You pay using crypto for the services you use, abused and dumped.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @fynix said: You pay

You're obviously not following the lore. I get shit for free now.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@fynix said:

@dane_doherty said:
    PayPal is a company that has outlived its usefulness and desperately needs to die.

Why would it matter to you? It's not like you use PayPal. You pay using crypto for the services you use, abused and dumped.

If only ladies of ill-repute would accept payment in crypto, what-what, old chum?

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

What were you doing that they restricted your account ?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@fynix : Please don't make personal insults

Thanked by 1jsg
  • JorboxJorbox Member

@MikePT said:
    Try to call them. I had all our issues sorted via call. Though no issues related.

Me too just call them and you will be happy again

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • This story is about as old as time, same issues happened to me but was resolved with a couple of phone calls. We tried to stop using PayPal but noticed a big drop in new orders so had to enable it again.

• @SuperXP said:

@KermEd said:

I also have the freedom to tell the whole story of the incident.

For zero definitions of "whole story". It's not even decent hearsay, FFS.

• @angstrom said:

C'mon, that's weak sauce. He wasn't wrong.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • fynixfynix Member

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

C'mon, that's weak sauce. He wasn't wrong.

It looks like my previous comment to @dane_doherty aka @tinyweasel was deleted :)

• SuperXPSuperXP Member

@Saahib said:

I didn't do anything illegal and the account got banned without warning.

• @SuperXP said:

@Saahib said:

What country?

• they limited my account with 1600+ USD

• @TimboJones said:

@SuperXP said:

@Saahib said:

What country?

Probably some backward North American country.. ;)

• ahnlakahnlak Member

@SuperXP said:

@Saahib said:

That's not answering the question; there's plenty of things that aren't illegal but are against their ToS.

Thanked by 1TimboJones