Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paypal Very bad rogue company. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Paypal Very bad rogue company.

Comments

• ThundasThundas Member

I am transferring thousands per month without issues, and even receiving around 25k at one point without any limitation. However, I did go through the process of verifying initially when they asked me to.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@SuperXP said:

@Saahib said:
    What were you doing that they restricted your account ?

I didn't do anything illegal and the account got banned without warning.

Sir, your reticence to divulge exactly what you did to receive such treatment is casting a shadow of doubt regarding your good character. If you were to reveal the details of the matter I’m sure such shadows would surely disappear.

• valkvalk Member

@fynix said:

@TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:
    @fynix : Please don't make personal insults

C'mon, that's weak sauce. He wasn't wrong.

It looks like my previous comment to @dane_doherty aka @tinyweasel was deleted :)

Well you keep trying to discredit him, and that's what you do all day right? Nothing more to do? Real @tinyweasel or not, we don't know but you should stop.

• Tim_kwakmanTim_kwakman Member
    edited May 2022

PayPal can be a bit annoying with these things, but when they say "permanent" it may not actually be permanent, so keep trying - Assuming that you are in the right ;)

I had my business account closed a few weeks ago (after 3 years of a pretty good track-record with only a handful of chargebacks where I won most. My account is also fully verified (bank + credit card + business info + ID check): "We're initiating closure of your PayPal account": "After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we detected that this account that this account was engaged in activity to deceive PayPal and its customers."

I did not understand why, I've checked their TOS (a lot of things are actually not allowed. Selling lootboxes in a game you made? That's gambeling, so it's breaking their TOS, selling plugins for a game server? That's modding, and not allowed, etc. (I did not do that, just an example)).

As my account was only used for a SaaS service that is not against their TOS, I called them. They could only see the same email that I got, speculated about that I may have broken TOS and that they have the right to terminate any account - I know, but that does not help me.. (This was their local support team in my country).

So I created a ticket with them, they replied (in 10 mins or so) that the block is correct, and permanent and that I may not appeal it (their signature was in my local language as well - So not the international team)

I replied to it that I wanted to know why, and I got a response a few hours later that they created the appeal for me from someone with an English signature. And around 4 hours after my account was permanently limited & confirmed by support to be permanently limited, I received an email: "Your account access has been restored.".

There is another issue with TOS violations.. they might fine you for it, I've seen a lot of cases where someone has ~1500$ in their account, they put a hold on it for 180 days, and after that time they just take it, as they may fine you for every TOS violation (without telling you what you did wrong).

PayPal is okay, they they're just big and have no real reason to care about one account. And it does not help either that their front-line support just can't see anything. The employee on the phone was very friendly but he could see that my account was limited and he could see the vage email, but that's it. So I recommend you try to keep working with them, you'll just have to find someone that has the ability to help you for what I've seen.

-Tim

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2022

In my experience, Paypal has very simple undocumented policy, if there is real scammer like "tech support scam" then on account restriction he will silently walk away without trying very hard. If its someone legit but its system saw it as scammer (such as sudden big transaction not matching your history) then he will try hard, in that calling on phone is considered valuable.

My account was also limited, but dropping a single mail with proper explanation got it right. Not even phone required in my case. So, if you have nothing suspicious, just try to talk to them over phone, things should be sorted soon.

• SuperXPSuperXP Member

@Nekki said:

@SuperXP said:

@Saahib said:

Sir, your reticence to divulge exactly what you did to receive such treatment is casting a shadow of doubt regarding your good character. If you were to reveal the details of the matter I’m sure such shadows would surely disappear.

I really didn't do anything, I just signed up for an account and uploaded the credentials they needed, and the account got banned. I have not reused credentials and this is my first time using paypal my credentials are all legal and new.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

May be your records are marked as fraud elsewhere, they must be using service like maxmind or fraud labs etc.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • SuperXPSuperXP Member

@Saahib said:
    May be your records are marked as fraud elsewhere, they must be using service like maxmind or fraud labs etc.

This is not possible because my business is brand new. No business has been carried out before this.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Any company can stop working with any client. As long as it does not involve discrimination on the basis of nationality, race, country, freedom of speech and other basic human rights, they are free to take such action against anyone, anytime. A client does not have to violate any ToS/AUP terms to get a ban. A company can decide to ask a customer to leave for their own reason and not have to give a reason.

But despite all of the above, the client's rights are protected by the law of the particular country. Therefore, if you feel that your case gives you an opportunity to win in court, you can open a case.

There have been quite a few such cases lately. For example, I remember a case in the U.S. where a private company refused to bake a wedding cake (or host a party) for a gay couple. There was a court case, and I think it's still pending.

So it's pretty dangerous for companies to do anything based on any ideas. For example (I cite this only as an example), some companies operating in Russia have refused to serve their Russian customers without any compensation, etc., even if they are not under direct or indirect sanctions (sanctions are a separate conversation, but this is at least a government decision). This can lead to a lot of court decisions and they will not be in favor of such companies.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@SuperXP said:

@Nekki said:

@SuperXP said:

@Saahib said:

I really didn't do anything, I just signed up for an account and uploaded the credentials they needed, and the account got banned. I have not reused credentials and this is my first time using paypal my credentials are all legal and new.

That very much suggests an issue with your credentials, old bean. May not be your fault, as others have suggested a phone call to PayPal may shed light - certainly it’s a better use of your time that posting this missive.

• ahnlakahnlak Member

@SuperXP said:

@Saahib said:

This is not possible because my business is brand new. No business has been carried out before this.

Then either it's you personally, or your credentials have made them suspicious.

I suspect you probably know why, but if you really don't then Paypal are going to be better placed to tell you why than anyone here.

• zcorpszcorps Member

they also suspended my account forever over silly mistake when i login to paypal when my VPN was ON. and they took 300$ with it. when i ask for refund they not give me its been years and when i email their support they pass me like tennis ball between support guys and to everyone u have to repeat the story and result 0.. i would say paypal support is worst in the world. paypal and its parent company need to be punished for the crimes they doing from decades, maybe big hit from anonymous will be cool making it bank crypt

• I set my nameserver resolvers wrong and they stole 420 BILLION dollars and my prized yu-gi-oh card set.
    They're like paymonsters. Not even the IRS would take my Yu-Gi-Oh card set. Trust me, I asked

• ralfralf Member

@SuperXP said:

That's likely the reason then. If they have any suspicions at all that your business why in fact just be a front for scamming people, then they will have no reason to want you to use paypal for that, as it'd just cause them financial loss from the inevitable chargebacks and user complaints.

Make sure your website is in order, you're showing your products etc, and try to operate as a viable business using some other payment processor first. And then go back to paypal and apply again.

• ralfralf Member

FWIW, when I recently set up my company in the UK, I wanted to go with a specific bank because they had good options for opening a US bank account as well. While there are many banks that will offer any new business a bank account, to open an account with this bank was a real PITA and was conditional on lots of evidence, including a signed contract (for B2B) or evidence of previous trading history (for B2C).

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2022

@Nekki said: You did something.

I got my paypal banned for 180 days when I received 500 Eur and I took it out. They banned it AFTER I did that. No reason, but I suppose Romanians receiving money from abroad to Paypal and taking it out is highly suspicious. I had CC AND bank account linked, all in my name. I have used the unverified fake one for 2 years (not 180 days) until they unbanned it out of the blue again.
    Recently someone tried to send me 1100 Eur and THEIR paypal has been blocked 180 days while freezing the amount too. I don't even pause to curse anymore, it is just a fact of life like raining.

There is crypto, there is Revolut, there is Monese, tons of others, SEPA for many, etc.

• @Maounique said:
    There is crypto, there is Revolut, there is Monese, tons of others, SEPA for many, etc.

Revolut has a reputation for blocking accounts and holding funds indiscriminately, possibly even worse than PayPal.

Just stick to real banks with physical presence in your country.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I really dislike paypal and only use it due to the market share. I'll leave it at that.

• farukirfarukir Member

paypal really sucks, I have never seen such a "free" company, I am amazed. Well, it's an ironic fact, or does anyone in the thread recommend a better third-party payment?

• CheepCluckCheepCluck Member
    edited May 2022

@farukir said:
    paypal really sucks, I have never seen such a "free" company, I am amazed. Well, it's an ironic fact, or does anyone in the thread recommend a better third-party payment?

BilohBucks™️
    Buy Low, Sell Nigh

Thanked by 1ralf
  • CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

We removed PayPal due to the lack of support from PayPal themselves.

• nikozinnikozin Member

Been hearing Paypal related complains since 2011. Just avoid it, crypto is more easier tbh

protip: never keep your big amount of money in online wallets/payment apps

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member

@CoastHosting said:

This will surely result in a loss of customers (e.g. me)

• ForhostingForhosting Member, Host Rep

We had the same issue with PayPal however we did not get it sorted by mail but once called the support and the issue was handled in less than 24 hours.
    We have looked into other options but as mentioned before PayPal is used by a wide set of clients who prefer PayPal as a payment option.

• @nikozin said: Just avoid it, crypto is more easier tbh

I am first in line to preach the benefits of crypto over payment processors like PayPal/Stripe, but we're not there yet unfortunately. Need more outreach for people to start realizing the freedoms that crypto (especially Monero) gives them!

This whole thread is a great example of why crypto will win.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Paypal are that big they dont really care , 1 customer to them aint much tbh .

if you keep pushing them eventually they will fix , have you tried reaching out to there dedicated Ecommerce team (Far more helpful than standard support)?

@Carlin0 said:

@CoastHosting said:

Not at all, our customers are very loyal we replaced it with 48hour no credit card needed trial for the skeptics

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2022

@edisondotme said:

@nikozin said: Just avoid it, crypto is more easier tbh

I am first in line to preach the benefits of crypto over payment processors like PayPal/Stripe, but we're not there yet unfortunately. Need more outreach for people to start realizing the freedoms that crypto (especially Monero) gives them!

This whole thread is a great example of why crypto will win.

Who currently pays crypto payment processing fee, the buyer or seller? Currently, the balance of convenience falls in favour of the buyer because they have the money. And with crypto, the buyer loses all sorts of protections. It will also move the majority of fraud from buyer side to seller side.

It's also looking like companies could be at risk of being completely wiped out if holding too much of a fucked coin.

Why will crypto win, exactly? Serious question, I'm not a crypto guy so I only hear of negatives like lack of refund or order not going through because transaction not processed in 8 hours and so on.

Tl;dr I get cashback and no exchange rate fees with my credit cards. I don't know what freedom or what incentives for fucking with crypto for everyday purchases are.

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member

@CoastHosting said:

@Carlin0 said:

@CoastHosting said:

Not at all, our customers are very loyal we replaced it with 48hour no credit card needed trial for the skeptics

I personally don't pay anything online unless paypal is accepted, and I don't think I'm the only one
    a business should aim not only to retain current customers but also to acquire new ones

@Carlin0 said:

@CoastHosting said:

@Carlin0 said:

@CoastHosting said:

I personally don't pay anything online unless paypal is accepted, and I don't think I'm the only one
    a business should aim not only to retain current customers but also to acquire new ones

PayPal can be arranged for customers that request it