Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap yearly in Australia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap yearly in Australia

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the cheapest yearly VPS in Australia.

I don't really have requirements for the specs, to leave this wide open. I don't have a particular upper limit in price, also to keep it wide open. I will look at the thread and determine which is the cheapest for me, given specs etc.

Providers, host reps and deal seekers, can you please suggest some good deals?

Thank you!

Comments

• Budget KVM VPS - Bronze
    1 Core
    1 GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    1TB @ 1Gbit/s (Monthly)
    Included DDoS Protection
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Address
    Full Root Access
    Instant Deployment

$7/qtr or $28/year - nice price! Thanks for that one :)

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@dahartigan said:

Budget KVM VPS - Bronze
    1 Core
    1 GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    1TB @ 1Gbit/s (Monthly)
    Included DDoS Protection
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Address
    Full Root Access
    Instant Deployment

i believe it's ovh but i'm not 100% sure. pretty cheap for that much BW anyways

• GravelyGravely Member

@dahartigan said:

Budget KVM VPS - Bronze
    1 Core
    1 GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    1TB @ 1Gbit/s (Monthly)
    Included DDoS Protection
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Address
    Full Root Access
    Instant Deployment

OVH I'm guessing

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Gravely said:

@dahartigan said:

Budget KVM VPS - Bronze
    1 Core
    1 GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    1TB @ 1Gbit/s (Monthly)
    Included DDoS Protection
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Address
    Full Root Access
    Instant Deployment

OVH I'm guessing

i saw somewhere that their SG was OVH so yeah im assuming ovh

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Hey, sorry haven't been active on here that much since they started charging to post threads.

Yes, our AUS is OVH

• GravelyGravely Member

@aqua said:
    Hey, sorry haven't been active on here that much since they started charging to post threads.

Yes, our AUS is OVH

Is commenting a coupon code against the new jail rules? Or will you have to pay $200?

edited May 2022

@Gravely said:

@aqua said:

Yes, our AUS is OVH

Is commenting a coupon code against the new jail rules? Or will you have to pay $200?

I am totally unaware. I got the email of them asking for my money and immediately unbookmarked LET and stopped checking it frequently. I could pay the $200 but I would have to increase my prices slightly (which I don't want to do).

• GravelyGravely Member

@aqua said:

@Gravely said:

@aqua said:

Yes, our AUS is OVH

I am totally unaware. I got the email of them asking for my money and immediately unbookmarked LET and stopped checking it frequently. I could pay the $200 but I would have to increase my prices slightly (which I don't want to do).

Big respect. Sadly so many high quality providers left in the culling :(

Thanked by 1Marx
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

I would recommend against central.so as I've not received any response to my ticket about an outage since Saturday. Back in February I had another outage and it took them 10 days go get things sorted and respond to my ticket.

Thanked by 1dosai

@brueggus said:

I would recommend against central.so as I've not received any response to my ticket about an outage since Saturday. Back in February I had another outage and it took them 10 days go get things sorted and respond to my ticket.

Hey Brueggus, sorry about the wait. If you could PM me your ticket ID I can move it to the top of the list for Brian.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited May 2022

@aqua said:

Yes, our AUS is OVH

Thanks for the reply and OVH is definitely not a deal breaker for me.

@brueggus said:

Cheers for the heads up on that. EDIT: Was that Sydney by chance?

@Gravely said:

@aqua said:

Yes, our AUS is OVH

I believe since this is a request thread, and it's so wide open, anyone with any sort of provider tag including the free ones can comment in here and be well within the rules ;)

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

Polynesia, Tonga.

Only $130 a month.

Order now!

http://hosting.tongacable.net/virtualserver/

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • add_iTadd_iT Member

@aqua said:

Yes, our AUS is OVH

Any promotion in SG ?

Like Holiday promotion before

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@aqua said: Hey Brueggus, sorry about the wait. If you could PM me your ticket ID I can move it to the top of the list for Brian.

The ticket ID is #CSS-223587.

@dahartigan said: Cheers for the heads up on that. EDIT: Was that Sydney by chance?

No, it was New York both times.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Gravely said:

@aqua said:

Yes, our AUS is OVH

As per the rules host reps are allowed to interact in request threads.

@aqua said:

Yes, our AUS is OVH

Sorry to hear that. Hope you reconsider.

Thanked by 1Liso
  • QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

We've got the following Ryzen VPS deal on at the moment -

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178836/quantumcore-ryzen-3900x-vps-1-vcpu-2gb-mem-25gb-nvme-storage-42-97-usd-year-recurring#latest

1 Core 3.8GHz – Ryzen 9 3900X CPU
    2GB Memory
    25GB Pure NVMe Storage
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Address (Available on request)
    1.5TB Bandwidth
    Hosted in Sydney, Australia
    $60 AUD/Year Recurring

We also have Xeon Gold VPS packages that can be found via the following URL -

https://quantumcore.com.au/linux-vps

Cheers,
    QC

• bdlbdl Member
    edited May 2022

https://shop.networkpresence.com.au/cart.php?gid=8 - AUD$30/yr in Adelaide, 1gb ram, 20gb ssd, 2tb bw (not sure if that's too far from Brissie for you)

from memory shop.networkpresense.com.au is in their SYD DC, and www.networkpresence.com.au is their ADL DC.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@dahartigan : I imagine that you're aware of FlowVPS ( @trewq ), but I'm not sure how competitive their prices are at this time

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited May 2022

@angstrom said:
    @dahartigan : I imagine that you're aware of FlowVPS ( @trewq ), but I'm not sure how competitive their prices are at this time

@trewq definitely runs a premium service :)

@QuantumCore said:
    We've got the following Ryzen VPS deal on at the moment -

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178836/quantumcore-ryzen-3900x-vps-1-vcpu-2gb-mem-25gb-nvme-storage-42-97-usd-year-recurring#latest

1 Core 3.8GHz – Ryzen 9 3900X CPU
    2GB Memory
    25GB Pure NVMe Storage
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Address (Available on request)
    1.5TB Bandwidth
    Hosted in Sydney, Australia
    $60 AUD/Year Recurring

We also have Xeon Gold VPS packages that can be found via the following URL -

https://quantumcore.com.au/linux-vps

Cheers,
    QC

Thanks QC! Another amazing option too!

@bdl said:
    https://shop.networkpresence.com.au/cart.php?gid=8 - AUD$30/yr in Adelaide, 1gb ram, 20gb ssd, 2tb bw (not sure if that's too far from Brissie for you)

Nice!

Keep these coming guys :)

ATTN: Australian Providers - I hope you can share your offers in here ;)

• coldcold Member

check @Cam

Thanked by 2dahartigan Cam
  • GravelyGravely Member

@bdl said: from memory shop.networkpresense.com.au is in their SYD DC, and www.networkpresence.com.au is their ADL DC.

Literally the only reason I don't use them is their god awful panel(s). I had my entire fleet with him in 2016 and never had any 'major' issues besides the panels and the occasional outage. These days, if you don't make it easier for the consumer and actively add features, you lose.

The best option is @BinaryLane

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • bdlbdl Member

@Gravely said:

@bdl said: from memory shop.networkpresense.com.au is in their SYD DC, and www.networkpresence.com.au is their ADL DC.

Literally the only reason I don't use them is their god awful panel(s). I had my entire fleet with him in 2016 and never had any 'major' issues besides the panels and the occasional outage. These days, if you don't make it easier for the consumer and actively add features, you lose.

The best option is @BinaryLane

Agreed, panel is crapola however the price is cheap and we all know @dahartigan is a stingy bastard :wink:

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@cold said:
    check @Cam

Thank you for the tag!

Thanked by 1cold
  • paul92paul92 Member

I use Oracle Cloud free tier for my VPS needs. It's free of charge, with a 10TB data limit, and one can run several instances. Although Free instances are Linux only, there are tricks to install Windows Server free of charge.

• CloudieCloudie Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2022

their newer stuff isn't through their completely crappy panel, but at least the KVM services are done under Virtualizor. which of course, isn't complete crap :wink:

https://cdn.couch.wtf/uploads/opera_9FUIoXNP6A-ezNJekHw.png

@dahartigan @bdl

Thanked by 2dahartigan bdl
  • Call out for @QuantumCore - always there when I needed them the most, as primary server and as a backup. Very rare/few glitches. :)

• any in Perth?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2022

@QuantumCore Quibit-1:

Monitored since:    9th of July 2019
    Last overall check:     44sec ago
    Monitor frequency:  3min
    Timeout limit:  10sec
    Last 24 hours uptime:   100.0000% (100.0000%)
    Last 7 days uptime:     100.0000% (100.0000%)
    Last 30 days uptime:    100.0000% (100.0000%)
    2022 uptime:    100.0000% (100.0000%)
    Total uptime:   99.9888% (98.6531%) 

Would be higher, if not rebooted for kernel updates, plus one small outage, IIRC. Bracketed values include maintenance downtime, when I remembered to set it. ;)
    Courtesy of free HetrixTools.

• QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @QuantumCore Quibit-1:

Monitored since:  9th of July 2019
    Last overall check:   44sec ago
    Monitor frequency:    3min
    Timeout limit:    10sec
    Last 24 hours uptime:     100.0000% (100.0000%)
    Last 7 days uptime:   100.0000% (100.0000%)
    Last 30 days uptime:  100.0000% (100.0000%)
    2022 uptime:  100.0000% (100.0000%)
    Total uptime:     99.9888% (98.6531%) 

Would be higher, if not rebooted for kernel updates, plus one small outage, IIRC. Bracketed values include maintenance downtime, when I remembered to set it. ;)
    Courtesy of free HetrixTools.

Looking good Skint :smiley:

I'm glad that we've been able to provide a solid service for you.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint