Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap yearly in Australia - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap yearly in Australia

2»

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:
    @dahartigan : I imagine that you're aware of FlowVPS ( @trewq ), but I'm not sure how competitive their prices are at this time

Thanks for the shout out :smile: FlowVPS hasn't actually sold a single service in 2 years. The active services are still being fully supported.

I've been working with another infrastructure provider for the last few years. Chances are if you buy servers on here in APAC we've been the backing infrastructure provider for one of them.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited May 2022

@trewq said: FlowVPS hasn't actually sold a single service in 2 years

Hasn't answered my ticket from January 27th either :(

Edit: Promptly solved

• @corbpie said:

@corbpie said:

😨

Replied now, sorry about that!

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • @trewq said:

@corbpie said:

😨

:o you can't ignore @corbpie like that! /s

@dahartigan said:

@trewq said:

@corbpie said:

😨

You know when you see something so much it just doesn't register anymore? Yeah. This ticket was between two I was keeping open on purpose :/

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @trewq said:

@dahartigan said:

@trewq said:

@corbpie said:

😨

You know when you see something so much it just doesn't register anymore? Yeah. This ticket was between two I was keeping open on purpose :/

This happens to me more than I'd like to admit also lol

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@trewq said:.
    I've been working with another infrastructure provider for the last few years. Chances are if you buy servers on here in APAC we've been the backing infrastructure provider for one of them.

True!

Thanked by 2trewq dahartigan
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited May 2022

@trewq said:

Like schmexusbrights? :wink:

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

To be fair binarylane.com.au is hard to beat really.

Thanked by 2Gravely equalz
  • GravelyGravely Member
    edited May 2022

@CoastHosting said:
    To be fair binarylane.com.au is hard to beat really.

Especially for $4/AUD

Sat May 14 21:01:36 AEST 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes
    Processor  : Common KVM Processor v5
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2893.202 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 981.2 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 19.6 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-70-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 292.63 MB/s  (73.1k) | 1.08 GB/s    (16.8k)
    Write      | 293.40 MB/s  (73.3k) | 1.08 GB/s    (16.9k)
    Total      | 586.04 MB/s (146.5k) | 2.16 GB/s    (33.8k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.87 GB/s     (3.6k) | 2.33 GB/s     (2.2k)
    Write      | 1.97 GB/s     (3.8k) | 2.48 GB/s     (2.4k)
    Total      | 3.84 GB/s     (7.5k) | 4.81 GB/s     (4.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 76.5 Mbits/sec  | 549 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 241 Mbits/sec   | 345 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 215 Mbits/sec   | 625 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 201 Mbits/sec   | 373 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 238 Mbits/sec   | 741 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 276 Mbits/sec   | 913 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 943
    Multi Core      | 939
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14898140

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Gravely said: Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes

Hmm, ...

• GravelyGravely Member

@angstrom said:

@Gravely said: Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes

Hmm, ...

Spun it up for the bench, hourly billing FTW

• I have a LET AU 10x10x10 BF Special from webhosting24. If I am able to transfer it to you, It's gladly yours.
    Recurring Amount: €10,00EUR

https://www.webhosting24.com/virtual-private-server-policies/

I have opened a ticket to see if I can transfer my service. Please look into seeing that you have a verified account and that you are qualified to receive this transfer.

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bdl said:
    https://shop.networkpresence.com.au/cart.php?gid=8 - AUD$30/yr in Adelaide, 1gb ram, 20gb ssd, 2tb bw (not sure if that's too far from Brissie for you)

from memory shop.networkpresense.com.au is in their SYD DC, and www.networkpresence.com.au is their ADL DC.

I've had a weird experience with them: I signed up with them on May 11 and paid my invoice but their billing system didn't pick up the payment. After some hours I opened a ticket and asked whether they had received my payment and could process it manually.

I didn't receive any response, so I updated the ticket some hours ago asking them to enable the service I paid for within the next 48h, otherwise I'd open a claim with PayPal (which, I think, is reasonable after five days without any reaction from the provider).
    They responded promptly with "Payment has been refunded and your account here will be closed. Do not threaten suppliers. Goodbye." and refunded my payment.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • GravelyGravely Member

@brueggus said:

@bdl said:
    https://shop.networkpresence.com.au/cart.php?gid=8 - AUD$30/yr in Adelaide, 1gb ram, 20gb ssd, 2tb bw (not sure if that's too far from Brissie for you)

from memory shop.networkpresense.com.au is in their SYD DC, and www.networkpresence.com.au is their ADL DC.

I've had a weird experience with them: I signed up with them on May 11 and paid my invoice but their billing system didn't pick up the payment. After some hours I opened a ticket and asked whether they had received my payment and could process it manually.

I didn't receive any response, so I updated the ticket some hours ago asking them to enable the service I paid for within the next 48h, otherwise I'd open a claim with PayPal (which, I think, is reasonable after five days without any reaction from the provider).
    They responded promptly with "Payment has been refunded and your account here will be closed. Do not threaten suppliers. Goodbye." and refunded my payment.

Dodged a bullet I'd say.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • bdlbdl Member

@brueggus said:

@bdl said:

Sorry to hear :( I no longer have any services with them but I agree with @Gravely, sounds like you dodged a bullet.

• @aqua said:

@brueggus said:

I would recommend against central.so as I've not received any response to my ticket about an outage since Saturday. Back in February I had another outage and it took them 10 days go get things sorted and respond to my ticket.

Hey Brueggus, sorry about the wait. If you could PM me your ticket ID I can move it to the top of the list for Brian.

Hi~ central.so
    (
    ticket

#CSS-483688

VPS is offline. I didn't receive any email telling VPS to go offline. I need it to work.