Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM all locations down - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM all locations down

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Hivelocity said:

Hi,

Where is your host rep/patron provider tag?

Was not aware of this feature but will certainly look into it.

@jbiloh

• LA and NY still out, complicated, has anyone had any recent feedback from maxkvm?

Thanked by 1claudio
  • No updates on my tickets. My first msg is unanswered for at least 9h... BTW asking for transparency and regular updates. Got nothing and NY's still down. It's almost worse that I can boot in rescue mode, mount the VPS disk and basically LOOK at the files on VNC. But without networking that's pretty much all I can do now.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited April 2022

maybe maxkvm maxed out their bandwidth for the month

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @yoursunny said:
    Not "geospotter".
    I play geocaching.

Ah sorry, my reference must be crossed with other.

Lurked your blog some time ago and read all your geocaching adventures, cool!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Thank God, some vps are back online, especially in Singapore.

• The SolusVM Panel also back online, the SG is also OK until now.

• Take backups if your server comes back online - it may only be a temporary restoration of service.

• I've had pretty in-depth conversations with @MaxKVM 2-3 years back and he doesn't strike me as someone irresponsible. That said, COVID-19 might have changed things. I am currently still keeping my SG server with them (with regular backups of course) until the end of my annual billing period before I make a decision. I hope they will provide an explanation soon enough because if it's a major technical screwup, I am pretty sure the past week they have been busy sorting out the mess and have no time to respond, so the radio silence is understandable.

The way @MaxKVM talks most certainly rubs some people the wrong way, but I don't think he is a mean person (at least the person I was conversing with).

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • h2oh2o Member

Deadpooled.

• Looks like vm's are reachable via ipv6 for the NYC nodes. ipv4 still not routable.

Thanked by 1claudio
  • AstroAstro Member

@poisson said: The way @MaxKVM talks most certainly rubs some people the wrong way, but I don't think he is a mean person (at least the person I was conversing with).

I mean one of their customer 'stupid' has really backfired.

• VoidVoid Member

so the radio silence is understandable.

No, it isn’t.
    Communication = Incident Response 101. Anyone with basic IT experience should know that. According to their site they have “decades of experience”

“Our award winning support team is filled with developers and engineers with decades of experience to assist in emergencies.”

Thanked by 1Peppery9
  • my 4 vm's in Singapore, 1 in Amsterdam has back online..

have everything back to normal already?

• @s_irwin said: have everything back to normal already?

no, both of my LA VPS are still offline.

• kesurupankesurupan Member
    edited April 2022

@wa44io4 said:

@s_irwin said: have everything back to normal already?

no, both of my LA VPS are still offline.

my LA VPS and still offline :(

• LAX30 still down, the rest are up

• My NY instance now boots normally, still without proper networking. IPV6 pings respond but only FROM maxkvm's looking glass (tried Dallas / Amsterdam). Of course the instance can also ping the looking glass ipv6. I guess routes are not ok yet. Maybe connecting from a vm in Dallas I could get some data out. If someone can help with that, please PM me.

• @claudio said:
    My NY instance now boots normally, still without proper networking. IPV6 pings respond but only FROM maxkvm's looking glass (tried Dallas / Amsterdam). Of course the instance can also ping the looking glass ipv6. I guess routes are not ok yet. Maybe connecting from a vm in Dallas I could get some data out. If someone can help with that, please PM me.

@FrankZ @JasonM Can you help?

• ok so what even happened?? ALL locations down for more than a day and you all happy because they come up with no explaining of the event?

• @glowbot said:
    ok so what even happened?? ALL locations down for more than a day and you all happy because they come up with no explaining of the event?

pretend to be happy. what else could we do though?

LAX offline. offline is better than a blank space in the control panel in that offline indicator is somewhat a "response".

this issue could push MaxKVM to the top scandal candidate for this half year, and maybe the entire year.

• My SG VPS online, when I got notice online, I do backup and upload is pretty slow (maybe people doing backup too).
    I am happy with service? Yes they connection superb until this incident, I think just use MaxKVM as my secondary vps instead primary for now :'(

• VoidVoid Member

@glowbot said:
    ok so what even happened?? ALL locations down for more than a day and you all happy because they come up with no explaining of the event?

Most people here would be happy it they just get a month or so of service extension as a compensation. Those who used it to host serious stuff would move on to the next low end host and the cycle will continue.

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

Our Terms of Service can be found here. If anyone repeatedly violates them they are subject to termination. https://www.hivelocity.net/legal/#tos

• dosaidosai Member

@Hivelocity said:
    Our Terms of Service can be found here. If anyone repeatedly violates them they are subject to termination. https://www.hivelocity.net/legal/#tos

Can you respond to this thread? https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178818/for-immediate-release

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 2FrankZ bulbasaur
  • @jmaxwell said:

@glowbot said:

Most people here would be happy it they just get a month or so of service extension as a compensation. Those who used it to host serious stuff would move on to the next low end host and the cycle will continue.

are you bot?

• VoidVoid Member
    edited April 2022

@budi1413 said:

@jmaxwell said:

@glowbot said:

are you bot?

ok.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Kerplunk said:

@claudio said:
    My NY instance now boots normally, still without proper networking. IPV6 pings respond but only FROM maxkvm's looking glass (tried Dallas / Amsterdam). Of course the instance can also ping the looking glass ipv6. I guess routes are not ok yet. Maybe connecting from a vm in Dallas I could get some data out. If someone can help with that, please PM me.

@FrankZ JasonM Can you help?

Yep.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

@Hivelocity said: Our Terms of Service can be found here. If anyone repeatedly violates them they are subject to termination. https://www.hivelocity.net/legal/#tos

I understand that MaxKVM customers are not your customers, but apart from the customer(s) that violated your ToS (or maybe KVM themselves), we are innocent. While the billing side of things we can deal with through out payment processor, it would be good if we could have an opportunity to access our VPS's and recover our data for a period of time.

Please consider it.

Thanked by 3unit2x wxcszh JasonM