Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxKVM all locations down - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxKVM all locations down

Comments

• pkrpkr Member

@HalfEatenPie said:

@pkr said:
    My LA VPS is back.
    I am not sure if it is temporary.

It is probably temporary. I'd highly recommend you transfer your data off of those servers ASAP.

I had 2 backups, so I did not lose any data. My website went down for ~2 hours as I was waiting for MaxKVM's response. I love MaxKVM's VPS due to their hardware and uptime. I hope they remain in business. But I will wait for at least 15 days before using their VPS again.

• cynixcynix Member

@pkr said:
    My LA VPS is back.
    I am not sure if it is temporary.

LA still offline for me.

• Got my LA VPS online and taken backups.

I paid for a year so moving out is is not so comfortable but look like there's no option.

• cynixcynix Member
    edited April 2022

@wa44io4 said:
    Got my LA VPS online

How?

• @cynix said:

@wa44io4 said:
    Got my LA VPS online

How?

A late Christmas miracle?

Thanked by 1miu
  • @cynix said: LA still offline for me.

Same here. VPS on LAX-10 node is still offline since 23 apr.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2022

@webmasteroffers said:
    Only monthly backups are available on Managewp. I am recovering all

How was your experience with ManageWP so far? Did you also try InfiniteWP or MainWP?

I was never really trusting any of these enough to try them, however I am inclined to give UpdraftCentral (from Updraft Plus team) a try: https://updraftplus.com/updraftcentral/
    They also have a nice free tier to try things out :)

@vyas11 any feedback on these tools?

• @KonstantinSh said:

@cynix said: LA still offline for me.

Same here. VPS on LAX-10 node is still offline since 23 apr.

online now (five min ago)

Thanked by 1KonstantinSh
  • edited April 2022

@Ympker said:

@webmasteroffers said:

How was your experience with ManageWP so far? Did you also try InfiniteWP or MainWP?

I was never really trusting any of these enough to try them, however I am inclined to give UpdraftCentral (from Updraft Plus team) a try: https://updraftplus.com/updraftcentral/

ManageWP is owned by GoDaddy. The backup is reliable, free once per month, or cheap price for a weekly or daily backup.

Updraft Plus is fine too, I usually use it to backup to Gdrive or One Drive. Should use this for a big size with incremental backup supported.

At this time, I use All In One Migration to backup the full site to Amazon S3.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • mirocmiroc Member

jbilbo must be very happy for all this orGaNIc trAFfiC maxkvm drama is bringing in

Thanked by 2adly bulbasaur
  • @webmasteroffers said:

@Ympker said:

@webmasteroffers said:

ManageWP is owned by GoDaddy. The backup is reliable, free once per month, or cheap price for a weekly or daily backup.

Updraft Plus is fine too, I usually use it to backup to Gdrive or One Drive. Should use this for a big size with incremental backup supported.

At this time, I use All In One Migration to backup the full site to Amazon S3.

Thanks for the feedback! :) Updraft Plus recently published "Updraft Central", a new tool to manage multiple wp sites (including backups). It's not the same like Updraft Plus plugin but can be used together.

• I haven't seen such a bad support for a long time. I bought something, it turned out cool in the tests. I wanted to buy more and wrote to the support. After 10 days of ignoring everything I wrote, I gave up and closed my account. It is impossible to work with someone who is totally out of touch.

• @Devdoit said:
    I haven't seen such a bad support for a long time. I bought something, it turned out cool in the tests. I wanted to buy more and wrote to the support. After 10 days of ignoring everything I wrote, I gave up and closed my account. It is impossible to work with someone who is totally out of touch.

Sorry that happened.

Honestly, this is pretty much the reason why I see myself leaning more towards AWS/GCP/Azure/DO/Linode/BuyVM. So many people complain about how they're all so much more expensive compared to Racknerds or any other X, Y, Z Low-end provider and yet when it comes to physical networking + business stability they're one of the top. They're all responsive and they give you the reliability and confidence needed to just focus on something else.

Thanked by 3ralf pri11er Liso
  • pkrpkr Member

Did anyone get an email from @MaxKVM about the true reason behind the outage? Are they going to close the shop or did they find a better provider?

• JasonMJasonM Member

@KonstantinSh said: LA (LAX-10), where I had small zabbix vps is down for several days.

yes, still down.

• @pkr said:
    Did anyone get an email from @MaxKVM about the true reason behind the outage? Are they going to close the shop or did they find a better provider?

No. They didn't send any email or answer on the ticket.

I will move everything else at the end of billing for sure, the next Black Friday.

• @JasonM said:

@KonstantinSh said: LA (LAX-10), where I had small zabbix vps is down for several days.

yes, still down.

@MaxKVM are you scamming, or do you plan to restore services to your customers?

• @webmasteroffers said:

@pkr said:

No. They didn't send any email or answer on the ticket.

I will move everything else at the end of billing for sure, the next Black Friday.

I would move everything now. Don't wait, it might not be up by end of billing.

Thanked by 1adly
  • @dahartigan said:

@JasonM said:

yes, still down.

@MaxKVM are you scamming, or do you plan to restore services to your customers?

More than likely knows how to click sell on WHMCS, but not actually how to troubleshoot a VM at this point.

It seems like many people are reporting online and their own status page is reporting online, so I'd suspect it's individual VMs.

• _MS__MS_ Member

Providers who haven't yet paid up $200, and looking at the free publicity that the "almost-deadpool" drama threads offer them.

• bdlbdl Member

MS said:
    Providers who haven't yet paid up $200, and looking at the free publicity that the "almost-deadpool" drama threads offer them.

:)

Thanked by 2_MS_ ralf
  • alettonealettone Member
    edited June 2022

I'm interested in a MaxKVM VPS plan in NY which I can get with a good 50% discount but I read this thread and I'm quite worried...
    Was the problem identified and fixed or should I expect this could happen again?

• @alettone said:
    I'm interested in a MaxKVM VPS plan in NY which I can get with a good 50% discount but I read this thread and I'm quite worried...
    Was the problem identified and fixed or should I expect this could happen again?

Don't waste another brain cell considering it. Move onto a reputable provider sir.

Thanked by 1alettone
  • @alettone said:

The end is nigh

• @alettone said:

I don't think it will happen again. Eventually, they moved on to a different upstream provider with some hardware and network upgrades. I don't think it's a deadpool, but the way they handled this was pretty bad so I stopped renewing with them.

• VoidVoid Member

@alettone said:

You’ll never learn, will you ?

• bdlbdl Member

@alettone said:

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Thanked by 1equalz
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@alettone said:

You’ve got so much choice in the LE, why take the gamble?

• @alettone said:

they will be up ...

until they're down