Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More - Page 126
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ $8.88/YR- 384MB ★★ $21.85/YR- 2.5GB ★ Instant ★ Japan Pre-order ★ & More

Comments

• SuchSuch Member

@VirMach said:

@ucpaopao said:
    I have no ill will towards virmach
    It could also be that my machine translation didn't convey exactly what I meant
    I would like to be able to purchase virmach merchandise and have patiently wait until today to post some comments
    Sufficient to demonstrate our support, recognition, and inclusive understanding of virmach
    But it seems that this becomes a choice we have to make, not a voluntary expression of personal emotion
    Gives a feeling of being forced, we have to do it,
    Even basic politeness is that we need to respect others, not that we respect each other

I do believe everything you have said where we disagree is related to how the words are interpreted. A lot of sayings, especially if I speak more informally for estimates, may come across incorrectly and vice versa.

• Handling/Shipping was originally listed as "maybe" up to 2 weeks. It was delayed but I changed the shipping from 9 day to 1-3 day shipping instead to make it faster.
    • We still stated that datacenter hands still has to receive the equipment after this time and set it up, which we stated was in addition to the previous estimate.
    • We stated that activations would begin at this point, and we did not say when it would complete in our estimates.

Realistically, this could mean 2 weeks plus 1 week for datacenter hands. I did not state how long datacenter hands would take because I do not know but 1 week is probably the "average" so far for all our locations for the datacenter to put the servers in the cabinet and set everything up. Then we still have to do all the steps that come after "Handling/Shipping" which were listed and are:

• Provisioning
    • Awaiting IPv4
    • Available

Then even when it is available, it was still listed as "usually instant" so obviously in a case where one location outsold all the others to an extreme degree, there will only be so many of them that can activate at once. All those estimates, and again, they are only guesses, were based on the information we knew that day. We did not know how many of each plan would go where, only how many total we were selling across all locations.

We did know Tokyo would be a little bit more popular, but honestly, I assumed a lot more people would go for the "instant" locations.

We also made sure to have "instant" locations before we posted the sale to try to avoid this situation where people are dissatisfied. That way they had two options depending on if they wanted to wait or not. Even at any point in time, if people do not want to wait for a pre-order, we still have been processing refunds every few days if it's requested.

In the end, our estimate was very close to when we actually began deploying services, but the rollout after that has been slower than what I expected. We are still at over 50% deployed in Tokyo in 4 weeks, and that's with shipping issues, hardware/firmware issues, 1-2 days of DDoS attack, and more.

Maybe I am biased but I would say we made it out pretty good.

Quote:Biennial pre-orders in Tokyo will also receive a guaranteed spot on Gen4/Ryzen 5000 Series processor server and will be activated in the first pre-order batch for that location.
    Shouldn't the Biennial pre-order be activated first?just ask, maybe it's a problem with my translation software

Thanked by 3opshk ceplavia karjaj
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

*In clinical psychology, a “victim complex” or “victim mentality” describes a personality trait of persons who believe they are constantly the victims of the harmful actions of others, even when made aware of evidence to the contrary.

• @vhhjkgl said:

@VirMach said:

@vhhjkgl said:

@tototo said:

@vhhjkgl said:
    I found a strange appearance, first I installed Centos7 and then went to DD's debian11, Centos7's data was not cleared at all, but the latency became abnormally stable.Node40

First install CENTOS7, then install bebian11 is unable to eliminate centos7 date, ssh connection still shows Centos7 information. I've tried a few times.

I have some questions.
    What is "DD's Debian"? Is overwriting installed disk image (an image of a gz or xz compressed system disk instead of an ISO) to /dev/vda using the dd command?
    I've heard it's a bit popular in China, but I don't think it's very common.
    Also, if the overwrite by dd was successful, the CentOS data should have lost, so I think you failed in dd.
    To me, the machine has rebooted, so it's stable.

When the cpu load is very low, the latency is low and stable, but when I enable the proxy and the cpu load increases, a slight increase causes huge fluctuations in latency, which is not normal . Further, when I have other operations, the latency becomes huge whenever there is a slight change in CPU, which I have tried many times.

I'm looking into TYOC040 again right now. I may check your VPS out in the next hour, just letting you know.

You can do anything. I'll rebuild it after restoring normal use

You can try to disable Node40 ping, the network speed will be good when there is no ping, and the latency will increase when the ping starts

• With regard to the order of April 7, will you apply for compensation? I'm sure you won't submit that troublesome ticket because of the $0.05 So I still hope my VPS can be activated as soon as possible.

• opshkopshk Member

@Such said:
    Quote:Biennial pre-orders in Tokyo will also receive a guaranteed spot on Gen4/Ryzen 5000 Series processor server and will be activated in the first pre-order batch for that location.
    Shouldn't the Biennial pre-order be activated first?just ask, maybe it's a problem with my translation software

I am having the same question in my mind, though the servers are not stable in the current stage, it still kind of a promise Virmach made in the first post. Or am I missing anything?

• @opshk said:

@Such said:

I am having the same question in my mind, though the servers are not stable in the current stage, it still kind of a promise Virmach made in the first post. Or am I missing anything?

promises are meant to be broken. just saying :)

• @vhhjkgl said:

@vhhjkgl said:

@VirMach said:

@vhhjkgl said:

@tototo said:

@vhhjkgl said:
    I found a strange appearance, first I installed Centos7 and then went to DD's debian11, Centos7's data was not cleared at all, but the latency became abnormally stable.Node40

First install CENTOS7, then install bebian11 is unable to eliminate centos7 date, ssh connection still shows Centos7 information. I've tried a few times.

I have some questions.
    What is "DD's Debian"? Is overwriting installed disk image (an image of a gz or xz compressed system disk instead of an ISO) to /dev/vda using the dd command?
    Also, if the overwrite by dd was successful, the CentOS data should have lost, so I think you failed in dd.

When the cpu load is very low, the latency is low and stable, but when I enable the proxy and the cpu load increases, a slight increase causes huge fluctuations in latency, which is not normal . Further, when I have other operations, the latency becomes huge whenever there is a slight change in CPU, which I have tried many times.

I'm looking into TYOC040 again right now. I may check your VPS out in the next hour, just letting you know.

You can try to disable Node40 ping, the network speed will be good when there is no ping, and the latency will increase when the ping starts

Cold joke.

• @Martachjbvguknv said:

@vhhjkgl said:

@vhhjkgl said:

@VirMach said:

@vhhjkgl said:

@tototo said:

@vhhjkgl said:

I have some questions.

Cold joke.

Maybe,but cpu load does affect latency

• @ucpaopao said:
    It's interesting that as customers we have been asked to be patient, understanding and tolerant, it seems that any dissatisfaction is the customer's fault
    What I don't understand is, shouldn't you be apologetic when your work mistakes cause trouble to others?
    Is this a cultural difference?

Well, it's funny you bring "cultural difference" to the table, because I believe there is some truth in there. Saying that, that statement from me will most likely be explained by a number of people as being "racist" or "negative" towards Chinese.

But look at this 125+ page long thread. There were originally a number of offers in there, among those the Tokyo and Amsterdam offers. If you want to see complaints about the time it takes for the Amsterdam offer to start, you have to be searching for it with a looking glass and even then I can't remember that there are there - only a few questions for status. Even though that Amsterdam is still not out of "shipping" phase. Yes I know, there will be most likely more requests for the Tokyo deal as for the Amsterdam deal, but still - this could be a clue for "cultural difference".

A difference in which people are familiar with the implications of "pre-order" and all the possible problems that are faced with shipping/logistics and setting up an environment at the other side of the world where the office of the company (VirMach) is located.

A difference in which a larger percentage of people actually read what is being said, know that they have to speak the native language a forum is in to be able to understand what is being said (instead of using a translate service), and follow a forumthread instead of putting in a new message when reading something on page 5 when the thread is 60 pages long.

A difference in which people understand that flooding a thread with useless messages and questions in which they only emphasise on (small) personal problems when obviously that takes away lots of the time being spent on solving the actual issues going on.

A difference in which people understand that rushing into a store with large numbers of people at the same time and all going into the same shopping isles is going to be a problem or chaos - and yes, you can prepare for that, but not with LET pricing.

All latter instead of putting in death wishes, insults, twisting statements or treating statements by others as truth.

To be honest: if you are Chinese, and you look at what has happened in this forum with reactions, do you consider it as a normal way of conversation, a normal way of behaving towards a company that is sticking it's neck out?

Because I was wondering if it is a cultural problem that I don't understand, this weekend I've contacted a dear ex-collegue of mine who is Chinese, and went back about a year ago. I let her read it and asked about her opinion, and she was utterly ashamed about what she saw, because she sees these kind of discussion on an international forum as being very, very bad for the image Chinese people get in the Western world - because she doesn't recognize it as being Chinese culture at all.

And yes, there is no problem that there is a difference in culture - but what I've experienced in this thread is for me way off the scale. And I'm surprised that VirMach have kept his cool for so long and just shortly ago announced that there will be a strict enforcement in vital questions and ignoring small personal issues (that I'd like to compare with "our village is under thread of a major hurricane, but I'm at the nail salon yelling that they have to do my nails since a small piece of the lacquer has come off").

Simply look at the number of posts/updates and insight VirMach has given upto now. Look at the timestamps these have been posted. I can only see that almost every spare moment beside some sleeping and eating is going into this. If your judgement is that this is a sign of incapability: refund offers have been done numerous times already.

If someone wants to respond to my (a bit lengthy, I know, statement), please go ahead. But think about one thing: yelling, saying it's racist, not proving otherwise or in another way not contributing to contents won't get a reaction from me and is (at least for me, but I think for more people following this thread) only more evidence of correctness of my observation.

• @Calypso said:

@ucpaopao said:
    It's interesting that as customers we have been asked to be patient, understanding and tolerant, it seems that any dissatisfaction is the customer's fault
    What I don't understand is, shouldn't you be apologetic when your work mistakes cause trouble to others?
    Is this a cultural difference?

Well, it's funny you bring "cultural difference" to the table, because I believe there is some truth in there. Saying that, that statement from me will most likely be explained by a number of people as being "racist" or "negative" towards Chinese.

But look at this 125+ page long thread. There were originally a number of offers in there, among those the Tokyo and Amsterdam offers. If you want to see complaints about the time it takes for the Amsterdam offer to start, you have to be searching for it with a looking glass and even then I can't remember that there are there - only a few questions for status. Even though that Amsterdam is still not out of "shipping" phase. Yes I know, there will be most likely more requests for the Tokyo deal as for the Amsterdam deal, but still - this could be a clue for "cultural difference".

A difference in which people are familiar with the implications of "pre-order" and all the possible problems that are faced with shipping/logistics and setting up an environment at the other side of the world where the office of the company (VirMach) is located.

A difference in which a larger percentage of people actually read what is being said, know that they have to speak the native language a forum is in to be able to understand what is being said (instead of using a translate service), and follow a forumthread instead of putting in a new message when reading something on page 5 when the thread is 60 pages long.

A difference in which people understand that flooding a thread with useless messages and questions in which they only emphasise on (small) personal problems when obviously that takes away lots of the time being spent on solving the actual issues going on.

A difference in which people understand that rushing into a store with large numbers of people at the same time and all going into the same shopping isles is going to be a problem or chaos - and yes, you can prepare for that, but not with LET pricing.

All latter instead of putting in death wishes, insults, twisting statements or treating statements by others as truth.

To be honest: if you are Chinese, and you look at what has happened in this forum with reactions, do you consider it as a normal way of conversation, a normal way of behaving towards a company that is sticking it's neck out?

Because I was wondering if it is a cultural problem that I don't understand, this weekend I've contacted a dear ex-collegue of mine who is Chinese, and went back about a year ago. I let her read it and asked about her opinion, and she was utterly ashamed about what she saw, because she sees these kind of discussion on an international forum as being very, very bad for the image Chinese people get in the Western world - because she doesn't recognize it as being Chinese culture at all.

And yes, there is no problem that there is a difference in culture - but what I've experienced in this thread is for me way off the scale. And I'm surprised that VirMach have kept his cool for so long and just shortly ago announced that there will be a strict enforcement in vital questions and ignoring small personal issues (that I'd like to compare with "our village is under thread of a major hurricane, but I'm at the nail salon yelling that they have to do my nails since a small piece of the lacquer has come off").

Simply look at the number of posts/updates and insight VirMach has given upto now. Look at the timestamps these have been posted. I can only see that almost every spare moment beside some sleeping and eating is going into this. If your judgement is that this is a sign of incapability: refund offers have been done numerous times already.

If someone wants to respond to my (a bit lengthy, I know, statement), please go ahead. But think about one thing: yelling, saying it's racist, not proving otherwise or in another way not contributing to contents won't get a reaction from me and is (at least for me, but I think for more people following this thread) only more evidence of correctness of my observation.

It's ridiculous, we're here to buy a VPS, not to discuss racism. To put it mildly, you're an onion. Go left out the door.

• pddpdd Member

You don't know the Chinese too well, their credo is :Be strict with others and lenient with themself. They always say one thing but do another! So don't pay too much attention to what they say, just ignore them. For example, they like play the racist card , but in fact they are one of most racist people, look how they call black people and Indians and Korean on their weibo and tiktok! So bro you take it too seriously!

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • yufanyufan Member

My Tokyo service has been activated. The next due date of the service is still 03 / 12 / 2023. I post this problem in the thread last time. But still, maybe I've been forgotten. :'( Could you please fix it for me alone. My invoice ID #1397135.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@vhhjkgl said: To put it mildly, you're an onion. Go left out the door.

Thanked by 2Calypso bulbasaur
  • hi all

What we want is a working vps. I think the others are same as me.
    If vps in beta testing or unusable, migrate to other place or reset the billing date or stop it.

We start to pay money for vps when it boots, we wish had a good service like in other regions.

That's all.

I can do nothing on the Tokyo vps from open to now because It is unusable.

Btw: I have some virmach servers in other regions. and Virmach has done some great job.

• CalypsoCalypso Member
    edited April 2022

@pdd said:

You don't know the Chinese too well, their credo is :Be strict with others and lenient with themself. They always say one thing but do another! So don't pay too much attention to what they say, just ignore them. For example, they like play the racist card , but in fact they are one of most racist people, look how they call black people and Indians and Korean on their weibo and tiktok! So bro you take it too seriously!

Nah, not really. But what I don't like is all the comments towards a provider who (as said) sticks his neck out, and a number of others who are also willing to actually help people. The only interest I have in all this is to be able to buy a VPS every now and then for a nice price to be able to fulfill the internet requirements for a group of volunteers where I do system maintenance for. And if I can open eyes of a few people along the way, that's a bonus, but I don't have the illusion to change the world.

As said in my "speech": there will be a number of reactions that will only prove that there are [insert disrespectful name here that you like] out there, and I don't care. The main reason is that there is also a different message so it's clear that their behaviour is not normal.

• The online speed seems to be slower than expected.

• @nightcat said:
    We start to pay money for vps when it boots, we wish had a good service like in other regions.

Don't worry about that - just wait few months and open ticket to adjust the date, VirMach will do it :)

Maybe it won't be needed and they will adjust everyone dates after those problems go away. Maybe not. Billing dates is not a problem now (it's still at least a year valid) so spending (wasting) time on it now it's pointless.

Would you really feel better if your billing date would be moved everyday for one more day while service is still getting overloaded or would you feel better when they fix it that issue faster? Time is limited - if they need to put manpower on adjusting invoice dates they are not doing other more useful things.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • ucpaopaoucpaopao Member
    edited April 2022

@Calypso
    Thank you very much for your detailed reply
    Such a long response makes me feel that you are thinking and responding to me very seriously,
    And there is not a single abusive word, although there are different opinions or some misunderstandings, but I am very grateful for your attitude
    I will not represent the image of a group, nor do I want to be represented by the image of a group
    I want to express my truest thoughts, without being hostile, but perhaps making others feel a little uncomfortable
    I think a server activation order issue does not need to rise to the heights of nationalism
    Regardless of the international opinion on the overall image of the Chinese people, I think that defining a label for a group is unfair to the individuals in that group
    I can of course see virmach actively working on various issues, so I didn't comment until today
    I mainly want to reflect on the order of activation of the server, because I personally think it is fair and reasonable to activate in the order of the invoice
    But when I say it all and the response from other people makes me feel like I said something wrong
    I don't think I'm any more ashamed than those who responded to me with dirty words here
    But in my values, customers should be listened to when they truly express their problems without any abuse or personal prejudice.
    The sudden emergence of a large amount of real and effective feedback should not simply be interpreted as impatience
    , low quality, impolite
    You may not accept my point of view, but I still appreciate your detailed reply
    Again, I can understand that virmach is currently struggling with the issue,
    but I don't think I'm ashamed or doing anything wrong in expressing dissatisfaction with not being able to activate fairly in order by invoice number

Thanked by 1Such
  • @opshk said:

@Such said:

my biennial 768 still pending lol

• @ucpaopao said:
    @Calypso
    Thank you very much for your detailed reply
    Such a long response makes me feel that you are thinking and responding to me very seriously,

Well, something in your reply triggered me to respond, and that was naming the cultural difference. I hope you understand that I don't accuse you personally of things I've named, but they are all examples of how there have been reponses in this thread, and they all seem to come from one kind of customers.

Because I'm aware that this is a public forum, I am reacting to something you mentioned, and putting the thoughts and examples out to the bigger audience.

• edited April 2022

The network of TYOC040 is broken again.
    I ping gateway from my server, and it return
    about 300±200ms.

• @Martachjbvguknv said:
    The network of TYOC040 is broken again.
    I ping gateway from my server, and it return
    about 300±200ms.

virmach checked the Node40 and still did not find the cause of the problem。

• X7A6X7A6 Member

@pdd said:

i don't tink so.
    ㄖ沵媽豞漢奷,恏恏婖婖沵哋樣亾嗲.

Thanked by 1xmd5
  • Can you help me see my order 1414076

• taizitaizi Member

@X7A6 said:

@pdd said:

i don't tink so.
    ㄖ沵媽豞漢奷,恏恏婖婖沵哋樣亾嗲.

nice ban
    and here is the jschinesenicely ㄖ沵媽豞漢奷,恏恏婖婖沵哋樣亾嗲.=日你妈狗汉奸,好好舔舔你的洋爹

• @VirMach said:

@ucpaopao said:
    I have no ill will towards virmach
    It could also be that my machine translation didn't convey exactly what I meant
    I would like to be able to purchase virmach merchandise and have patiently wait until today to post some comments
    Sufficient to demonstrate our support, recognition, and inclusive understanding of virmach
    But it seems that this becomes a choice we have to make, not a voluntary expression of personal emotion
    Gives a feeling of being forced, we have to do it,
    Even basic politeness is that we need to respect others, not that we respect each other

I do believe everything you have said where we disagree is related to how the words are interpreted. A lot of sayings, especially if I speak more informally for estimates, may come across incorrectly and vice versa.

• Handling/Shipping was originally listed as "maybe" up to 2 weeks. It was delayed but I changed the shipping from 9 day to 1-3 day shipping instead to make it faster.
    • We still stated that datacenter hands still has to receive the equipment after this time and set it up, which we stated was in addition to the previous estimate.
    • We stated that activations would begin at this point, and we did not say when it would complete in our estimates.

Realistically, this could mean 2 weeks plus 1 week for datacenter hands. I did not state how long datacenter hands would take because I do not know but 1 week is probably the "average" so far for all our locations for the datacenter to put the servers in the cabinet and set everything up. Then we still have to do all the steps that come after "Handling/Shipping" which were listed and are:

• Provisioning
    • Awaiting IPv4
    • Available

Then even when it is available, it was still listed as "usually instant" so obviously in a case where one location outsold all the others to an extreme degree, there will only be so many of them that can activate at once. All those estimates, and again, they are only guesses, were based on the information we knew that day. We did not know how many of each plan would go where, only how many total we were selling across all locations.

We did know Tokyo would be a little bit more popular, but honestly, I assumed a lot more people would go for the "instant" locations.

We also made sure to have "instant" locations before we posted the sale to try to avoid this situation where people are dissatisfied. That way they had two options depending on if they wanted to wait or not. Even at any point in time, if people do not want to wait for a pre-order, we still have been processing refunds every few days if it's requested.

In the end, our estimate was very close to when we actually began deploying services, but the rollout after that has been slower than what I expected. We are still at over 50% deployed in Tokyo in 4 weeks, and that's with shipping issues, hardware/firmware issues, 1-2 days of DDoS attack, and more.

Maybe I am biased but I would say we made it out pretty good.

Okay, thank you for your detailed and patient reply while you are busy, come on virmach, I wish you better and better

• @VirMach said:

@zhoumeng said:

@VirMach said:
    Okay I'm skipping pages 109, 110, 111, 112. If anyone said anything important there please repeat it now. If anyone said anything unimportant, I guess no one is stopping you either.

@virMach Ok I'm repeating, please refund. Invoice 1399105

For refunds it has to be a ticket.

@VirMach Because 2FA ,I submit guest tickets ,Please check. Ticket Created #956061.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

All broken disk services fixed on TYOC035. You just need to re-install the OS.

Working on TYOC033 now.

@zhoumeng said:

@VirMach said:

@zhoumeng said:

@VirMach said:
    Okay I'm skipping pages 109, 110, 111, 112. If anyone said anything important there please repeat it now. If anyone said anything unimportant, I guess no one is stopping you either.

@virMach Ok I'm repeating, please refund. Invoice 1399105

For refunds it has to be a ticket.

@VirMach Because 2FA ,I submit guest tickets ,Please check. Ticket Created #956061.

Guest ticket usually won't be honored. Guests aren't allowed to just terminate anyone's service they desire by making a ticket, sorry. You need to prove access to do that.

If it's not activated yet, then it may be looked at in the ticket queue, no need to put your ticket ID here.

All broken disk services fixed on TYOC033. You just need to re-install the OS.

This discussion has been closed.