Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexus bytes review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexus bytes review

Samoht999Samoht999 Member
edited April 2022 in Reviews

Hello everyone!
I would like to report my experience with this service provider Nexus Bytes. ( https://nexusbytes.com/ )
I ordered a storage vps and paid for it.
Unfortunately they deleted my order without any reason.
I then opened a ticket but never heard from them . I tried to write them again a few times but still no answer.
I think they are not a serious company, this is not an acceptable behavior.
I recommend to stay away from them.

Comments

• nfnnfn Veteran

sankiu 4 ior riviu.

Thanked by 2Samoht999 dystopia
  • SPSP Member

How many fraudrecord reports do you have? Probably ticked their threshold, and as such account baleeted without warning. Happens, sometimes. They aren't going to take your money so there is no reason for them to reply or otherwise interact with you.

• Samoht999Samoht999 Member
    edited April 2022

@SP said:
    How many fraudrecord reports do you have? Probably ticked their threshold, and as such account baleeted without warning. Happens, sometimes. They aren't going to take your money so there is no reason for them to reply or otherwise interact with you.

What do you mean by fraud record reports ?
    I never did any fraud.. my business is 100% legit and always used other service providers without any problem hetzner ovh liteserver oneprovider alphavps etc...

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
  • I have a few servers with his majesty @seriesn and they have been very reliable.

If they refused your order - just take your business elsewhere.

If they took your $ and didn't refund - then they owe you an explanation (unless you paid with crypto).

Thanked by 1SP
  • Did they charge you and keep the money or was your order cancelled out even before you had access to a server? Were you ordering through a VPN, providing false account info, or are you located in a suspicious country?

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

NexusBytes has been a long-time well-known provider on this forum. How long has it been since you ordered, and how long has it been since you contacted them. Did they refund you?

They have had good reviews for many years I am sure there is some sort of explanation @seriesn can offer.

edited April 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:
    I have a few servers with his majesty @seriesn and they have been very reliable.

If they took your $ and didn't refund - then they owe you an explanation (unless you paid with crypto).

You are right I've been refunded.

But do you think a company is reliable if they behave this way?
    NO ANSWER and keep closing the ticket ?
    What If one day you will have a problem with them?
    Would they behave the same?

I gave my review and this is my perspective. I don't believe this is a serious company.

@ChefJoe said:
    Did they charge you and keep the money or was your order cancelled out even before you had access to a server? Were you ordering through a VPN, providing false account info, or are you located in a suspicious country?

They refunded immediately.

No 100% real data no suspicious countries but I'm currently in holiday in another country than the registered business address. That could be the only reason that flagged my order.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Samoht999 said:

It's one way to maintain reliability, rejecting orders from accounts that may not stand up to certain requirements.

edited April 2022

@MikeA said:

@Samoht999 said:

It's one way to maintain reliability, rejecting orders from accounts that may not stand up to certain requirements.

Ok then write me back and tell me this.. no?

And why I have accounts with ovh hetzner ecc. Ecc. Without any problem?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Samoht999 said: Unfortunately they deleted my order without any reason

Oh there must be a reason.

You just don't know it yet.

• edited April 2022

@Samoht999 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    I have a few servers with his majesty @seriesn and they have been very reliable.

I gave my review and this is my perspective. I don't believe this is a serious company.

I have had issues, and managed to get replies in minutes via ticketing, or within 30-45mins on discord from Jay.

I consider the company reliable. If they refused your order - they don't owe you an explanation, as they also refunded your money. Spending time explaining to each and every customer why their orders were rejected takes time, which means it costs money.

And rejection is usually automated, due to fraud risk assessment.

I don't see a reason why they should explain their reasoning to anyone.

Again - if they hold the $ and close tickets - thats a whole different animal.

edited April 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Samoht999 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

I have had issues, and managed to get replies in minutes via ticketing, or within 30-45mins on discord from Jay.

I consider the company reliable. If they refused your order - they don't owe you an explanation, as they also refunded your money. Spending time explaining to each and every customer why their orders was rejected takes time, which means it costs money.

Sorry but I do not agree with you.
    So one day they can decide to terminate your account or your server, they would give you no pre-warning ...as soon as they would refund you is that 100% ok for you?
    It doesn't make sense.

You deserve an answer if you've been refused, terminated, if there is any problem.

I got an email that my order had been flagged by their automatic system and they were asking to reply back . So I did!

• @Samoht999 said:

@MikeA said:

@Samoht999 said:

If hetzner rejects your order - you will also not get a response from them with absolutely any reasoning.

Do you also consider them "not a serious company"?

Lastly - yes, you ordered from country A, with IP in country A, using billing address from country B.

You'd get rejected by mostly all of the providers you mentioned earlier.

• Last Active: January 25

edited April 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Samoht999 said:

@MikeA said:

@Samoht999 said:

If hetzner rejects your order - you will also not get a response from them with absolutely any reasoning.

Do you also consider them "not a serious company"?

Never had any problem with them.
    I have multiple dedicated servers with them and they are working incredibly well!
    Their service is outstanding.

Lastly - yes, you ordered from country A, with IP in country A, using billing address from country B.

You'd get rejected by mostly all of the providers you mentioned earlier.

Wrong. This is bullshit.
    We are in 2022 and we are free to move and work while being in other countries!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@hyperblast said:

Last Active: January 25

Hope to see him around again soon.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Samoht999 said: Unfortunately they deleted my order without any reason.

There was a reason. They simply didn't tell you what the reason was.

Congrats on your first post.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@Samoht999 said:.
    I'm currently in holiday in another country than the registered business address. That could be the only reason that flagged my order.

That should be the problem! You could try to open a new ticket when you get home or wait for them to reply here.

• @nfn said:

@Samoht999 said:.
    I'm currently in holiday in another country than the registered business address. That could be the only reason that flagged my order.

That should be the problem! You could try to open a new ticket when you get home or wait for them to reply here.

I opened a ticket saying that their support service is a SHIT and they deleted my account. :-D So I think the relationship is definitively ended.

• @Samoht999 said:
    Wrong. This is bullshit.

Out of the online businesses I help manage - each and every one has a fraud prevention rule, that if the users IP location does not match the billing address location (at least to a state level in the US, or city level in rest of the world) - the MERCHANT account automatically marks as fraud.

This has resulted in a significant amount of fraud order reduction. Does it occasionally affect people that are on vacation or using a VPN? Yes. But the amount of headaches it saves is significant and outweighs the few false positive dropped orders.

@Samoht999 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Samoht999 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

I consider the company reliable. If they refused your order - they don't owe you an explanation, as they also refunded your money. Spending time explaining to each and every customer why their orders was rejected takes time, which means it costs money.

Sorry but I do not agree with you.
    So one day they can decide to terminate your account or your server, they would give you no pre-warning ...as soon as they would refund you is that 100% ok for you?
    It doesn't make sense.

You deserve an answer if you've been refused, terminated, if there is any problem.

I got an email that my order had been flagged by their automatic system and they were asking to reply back . So I did!

If they decide to close my existing account, resulting in me losing BILLIONS OF $ my data, and not giving me an explanation - that wouldn't compare to you not being able to establish a business relationship.
    I am a customer, you are not.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@Samoht999 said:
    I opened a ticket saying that their support service is a SHIT and they deleted my account. :-D So I think the relationship is definitively ended.

That's not a good start, what were you expecting?
    They are only trying to protect they business and customers.
    You should look else were.

@Samoht999 said: No 100% real data no suspicious countries but I'm currently in holiday in another country than the registered business address.

@Samoht999 said: I opened a ticket saying that their support service is a SHIT and they deleted my account

edited April 2022

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Samoht999 said:
    Wrong. This is bullshit.

Out of the online businesses I help manage - each and every one has a fraud prevention rule, that if the users IP location does not match the billing address location (at least to a state level in the US, or city level in rest of the world) - the MERCHANT account automatically marks as fraud.

Probably the online business you help to manage is of the same low target as this Nexus Bytes. Maybe for orders of a very small amount, this is the good way to go.
    In fact doing manual checks on orders is very time-consuming if you earn very little.

@DP @NobodyInteresting
    Please recommend me an alternative for a storage VPS KVM in Europe.
    I'm currently with Liteserver.nl
    I tried alphavps but their network is too slow. Time4vps is Openvz. BuyVm is out of stock.

I will try to order a VPS with the same company billing data and IP from the other country and we will see if they will behave as nexus bytes behaved.

• @Samoht999 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Samoht999 said:
    Wrong. This is bullshit.

Probably the online business you help to manage is of the same low target as this Nexus Bytes. Maybe for orders of a very small amount, this is the good way to go.
    In fact doing manual checks on orders is very time-consuming if you earn very little.

Cool.

@Samoht999 said: Please recommend me an alternative for a storage VPS KVM in Europe.

Too many options.

You'll need to narrow down your requirements.

For starters, you can check out @alwyzon - they're in Austria.

@Samoht999 said: I'm currently with Liteserver.nl

Thanked by 2Samoht999 alwyzon
  • Can this be considered a "review" actually?

edited April 2022

@DP said:

@Samoht999 said: Please recommend me an alternative for a storage VPS KVM in Europe.

Too many options.

I'm looking for a 0.5 / 1tera storage VPS to host nextcloud or seafile.

I would like to have very fast transfers . This is my first goal. I don't like to wait or to have orders deleted :-D

I'm trying to download a test file from Alwyzon and I see only a few mb/s from my current location. Liteserver is definitely faster.

Thanks anyway for your recommendation, if you have others I will really appreciate them.

@dotcomUNDERGROUND

Can this be considered a "review" actually?

I think so! This is my experience with them.

• edited April 2022

@Samoht999 said:

@DP said:

Too many options.

I'm looking for a 0.5 / 1tera storage VPS to host nextcloud or seafile.

I would like to have very fast transfers . This is my first goal. I don't like to wait or to have orders deleted :-D

I'm trying to download a test file from Alwyzon and I see only a few mb/s from my current location. Liteserver is definitely faster.

Thanks anyway for your recommendation, if you have others I will really appreciate them.

https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=storage_capacity:>=1024+stock:in_stock

• edited April 2022

@Samoht999 said:

And we get to the real reason they deleted your account. You took the initial fraud alert as personal rejection & reacted.

1) Low End Hosts do not have the manpower of Hetzner/OVH. Sometimes it's 1 guy doing everything.

2) Many Low End hosts have their fraud detection set on high, be patient. This is not rejection, don't take it personally. Took me 3 fraud fails and 3 emails with the Secretary to get BuyVM.

3) The Low End Hosts that offer the cheapest & best deals may not always reply to your tickets. You get what you pay for so accept the reality. I'm on my 3rd month of trying to get Wishosting to fix my account details, 4 tickets later I've only received an initial acknowledgement. I'm OK with that because I pay a fraction at Wishosting of what I'd pay elsewhere.

Thanked by 1Samoht999
This discussion has been closed.