Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexus bytes review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexus bytes review

Comments

• @Samoht999 said:

@nfn said:

@Samoht999 said:.
    I'm currently in holiday in another country than the registered business address. That could be the only reason that flagged my order.

That should be the problem! You could try to open a new ticket when you get home or wait for them to reply here.

I opened a ticket saying that their support service is a SHIT and they deleted my account. :-D So I think the relationship is definitively ended.

Thanks we've doubled your fraudrecord entries.

Thanked by 1SP
  • alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

@Samoht999 said:
    I'm trying to download a test file from Alwyzon and I see only a few mb/s from my current location.

Sorry to hear that. Certainly shouldn‘t be just MB/s. If you would be open to it, you are welcome to PM me your location and ISP (or even better, the output of mtr and iperf3).

— Michael

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited April 2022

I would be hesistant to call it a "review" if you never got any service to begin with in order to review.

Order was rejected because there was some factor that made them not want to fulfill it. That's life. Find a different host.

• LexLex Member

@Samoht999 said:
    No 100% real data no suspicious countries but I'm currently in holiday in another country than the registered business address. That could be the only reason that flagged my order.

I opened a ticket saying that their support service is a SHIT and they deleted my account. :-D So I think the relationship is definitively ended.

Wrong. This is bullshit. We are in 2022 and we are free to move and work while being in other countries!

From personal experience, this is exactly what everyone that does fraud or malicious stuff say. Yeah, maybe MAYBE 1 out of 100 are legitimate business men on holiday in a different country. But it's not worth taking your 10$ and risking a 20-50$ chargeback/dispute fee or a red flag from your payment processor.

Yes, ordering with a VPN/proxy or from a different country than the address that you provided will mark you as potential fraud > 98% of the time. Don't blame the service provider, blame everyone that actually does this, the system was built on a pattern, not from racism, hate for a country or political reasons.

Also, today it's a weekend day and the "sales department" usually works Monday to Friday, your behavior of telling them a few nice words only strengthens the fact that they did right by refusing you as a customer.

NexusBytes is an amazing provider, I truly appreciate that they refuse potential trouble makers :smile:

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @Erisa said:
    I would be hesistant to call it a "review" if you never got any service to begin with in order to review.

I disagree.This was a fine review on this clients demeanor. It really cements the possibility of numerous fraudrecord reports.

Always ask for your parents permission before you login to the world wide web and purchase a VPS.

• @alwyzon said:

@Samoht999 said:
    I'm trying to download a test file from Alwyzon and I see only a few mb/s from my current location.

Sorry to hear that. Certainly shouldn‘t be just MB/s. If you would be open to it, you are welcome to PM me your location and ISP (or even better, the output of mtr and iperf3).

— Michael

thank you so much @alwyzon!! I Pm you with the details asap!

• LMFTFY

@Samoht999 said: I PMS you with the details

• Samoht999Samoht999 Member
    edited April 2022

@CheepCluck said:

@Erisa said:

I disagree.This was a fine review on this clients demeanor. It really cements the possibility of numerous fraudrecord reports.

Always ask for your parents permission before you login to the world wide web and purchase a VPS.

Fraud record reports about what? :-D

• NexusBytes is curry, avoid.

• VoidVoid Member

@aj6828 said:
    NexusBytes is curry, avoid.

Had too much curry that it turned his dp red lmfao

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited April 2022

@Samoht999 said:
    I gave my review and this is my perspective. I don't believe this is a serious company.

No, this is not a review.

So one day they can decide to terminate your account or your server, they would give you no pre-warning ...as soon as they would refund you is that 100% ok for you?

That's not the point. A company doesn't exist to make non-customers happy, they exist to make customers happy (and earn money doing that).

Just imagine you were a customer of some provider and you had to wait for support because they wasted time on having discussions with non-customers serving no other purpose than responding to the emotional desires of a non-customer. That would be unacceptable because customers have a right to expect a fast reaction from support; non-customers - like you in this case - do not have that right.

You deserve an answer if you've been refused, terminated, if there is any problem.

No, you do not. It might seem desirable, but again, a company's duty is not to make non-customers happy. And btw, you wouldn't have accepted their answer anyway.

Be honest, this thread is just an act of revenge by an immature person who is unable to cope with - well justified IMO - rejection.

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

This should be put in Off Topic since it's not even a review, it's just criticism of their ordering process.

The owner is still around and has his business in focus. He's just conserving his energy for things that matter. Responding on LET isn't one of those things.

Thanked by 2Erisa jsg
    edited April 2022

@MannDude said:
    This should be put in Off Topic since it's not even a review, it's just criticism of their ordering process.

The owner is still around and has his business in focus. He's just conserving his energy for things that matter. Responding on LET isn't one of those things.

This is from their homepage @jsg
    _
    .......True Family Experience
    You are more than just a person who bought something from us. When you take a Byte, you join our family and we treat you like family......

• Starting to feel like some abandonment issues. Please consult a lowendtherapist.

Thanked by 2jsg dahartigan
  • do you know what this means?

guys get ready for it

@seriesn didn't pay up

• @cybertech said: @seriesn didn't pay up

Yes he didn't.
    Roles Top Host, Host Rep

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@MannDude said:

Full ACK.

@Samoht999 said:
    _
    You are more than just a person who bought something from us. When you take a Byte, you join our family and we treat you like family......

I'm a NexusBytes / @seriesn customer and I can fully confirm that their quoted statement is correct and true.

You however are not a customer, you were rejected - and now you try to exercise revenge.

Thanked by 1ChefJoe
  • It would be nice to see @seriesn around here again. I hope he's okay and everything.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jsg said:

@MannDude said:

Full ACK.

@Samoht999 said:
    _

I'm a NexusBytes / @seriesn customer and I can fully confirm that their quoted statement is correct and true.

You however are not a customer, you were rejected - and now you try to exercise revenge.

So my time filling their forms, paying with my credit card, etc. is worth 0? Neither an answer?

I just described the truth.

I do not believe this is a serious company.

Can you respect my opinion ? I will respect yours.

• @Samoht999 said: Can you respect my opinion ? I will respect yours.

I respect your opinion. Fuck you.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2022

Not siding with anyone here, but the "you ordered from country A and your billing address/residence/card is from country B" thing can be kinda annoying. I remember a couple of years ago, my only Visa/MasterCard was from Revolut because my local bank charged monthly fees for it I wasn't willing to pay. I wanted to order from what I believe was a german company (I don't remember which one at this point) and they only accepted CCs and did not accept PayPal (which I had back then). My order got refused because, while I ordered from a German IP and my billing address was in Germany, my Revolut Card was from GB.
    I contacted the company and even offered to send a scan of my ID, which resulted in them telling me to order again and, luckily, my order then was white-listed.

After I later inquired with Revolut about this issue they told me that this was somewhat similar to what is known as IBAN discrimination (declining a "foreign" IBAN that is; https://blog.revolut.com/fighting-against-iban-discrimination/ ) which violates SEPA rules and they told me that I could at least let the company know the circumstances of my Revolut Card being from the UK and having a GB IBAN so they'd know about this for the future.

While SEPA and CC are two different things, being a freelance web designer that also works from various places of the world, I feel like the order IP and billing/permanent address shouldn't have to be the same. Then again, I can see why large companies with more manpower like Hetzner, OVH perhaps would care less, while for LE providers might benefit from high fraud prevention settings. The world's vast and so is the sea of providers. Just pick whatever suits your needs. If one provider doesn't fit the bill, just pick another one :) Just another opinion on this country/ip matter.

• @Ympker said: .. country/ip matter.

Oh no, another protest. >:)
    Country IPs Matter!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Ympker said: .. country/ip matter.

Oh no, another protest. >:)
    Country IPs Matter!

In my case I did have a residential German IP + German billing address, though. Only the card was issued from Revolut (UK back then).

Definitely hope @seriesn is doing well and that he'll be back soon :)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • afnafn Member
    edited April 2022

@Samoht999 said: Wrong. This is bullshit.

We are in 2022 and we are free to move and work while being in other countries!

I agree with this one, being a frequent traveller myself. But this is not how low end hosts roll. Nexus bytes, buyVM, etc are all a bit naive imho when it comes to fraud detection, but it their choice and I can't blame them.
    Nexus bytes, is a low end provider, that is it, keep that in mind. The guy is nice when he is around, but it is a small company after all, not comparable to Hetzner. They once had issues and weeks of tickets not being replied to. Hetzner never had such thing. Hetzner has datacenters, Nexus bytes, barely has few racks in some Data center. You can't compare. Such companies can easily be killed with the death of 1 or 2 people. Hetzner and OVH, won't be affected.
    Small companies will be really hurt when they lose time on chargebacks if your order turns out to be fraud. Huge data center can afford that, as it is only a small amount of their total customers since they have serious companies ordering 100s of servers from them.

Real serious companies on the other side like OVH, Netcup and Hetzner will ask for ID, if they find anything fishy with your info. Lowend hosts probably don't want to get themselves into this shit and responsibility of ID verification so they simply avoid the order. They have the right to do it. No one owes you an explanation, again I agree in a perfect world they should, but it is a courtesy, a privilege, but simply not a right.

• @Samoht999 said:
    I never did any fraud.. my business is 100% legit and always used other service providers without any problem hetzner ovh liteserver oneprovider alphavps etc...

if you think hetzner will give you a warning before deleting your account and data you're in for a rude awakening. :)

• NexusBytes is awful, terrible. If your VPS down, they treat you like a sh*t. No response, no announcement, nothing! Just like you are a stupid customer sent them free money. You deserved! NEVER, NEVER NEVER use NexusBytes.

• @blp330 said:
    NexusBytes is awful, terrible. If your VPS down, they treat you like a sh*t. No response, no announcement, nothing! Just like you are a stupid customer sent them free money. You deserved! NEVER, NEVER NEVER use NexusBytes.

you too late they already dead.

edited January 2023

@cybertech said:

@blp330 said:
    NexusBytes is awful, terrible. If your VPS down, they treat you like a sh*t. No response, no announcement, nothing! Just like you are a stupid customer sent them free money. You deserved! NEVER, NEVER NEVER use NexusBytes.

What happened?

So I wasn't dumb when I said they don't look straight. Dozens of replies here from other members saying I wasn't right...

• I wonder who will defend their ass after all this fiasco.

• @Samoht999 said:

@cybertech said:

@blp330 said:

What happened?

So I wasn't dumb when I said they don't look straight. Dozens of reply from other members here saying I wasn't right...

Isn't the case of your order being deleted and refunded completely different from the current case that @ blp330 and other customers are encountering now?

Is this necro post?

This discussion has been closed.