Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection

LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

Hello LET, I'm Leifur and I represent KUBBUR.com, we offer 10Gbps unmetered connection KVM VPS plans starting at €5/mo in New York & London with more locations on the way. Let me give you a better look at our quirks & features:

All VMs, regardless of size (we only offer 1GB 1c and over), come with:

• Free L4/L7 DDoS Protection with preconfigured & custom firewall management from Path Network (Advertised 6Tbps+ of capacity).
  • 10Gbps Unmetered bandwidth connection, (Dedicated 10G to the dedicated machine, then shared between the VMs).
  • A custom one of a kind Management Interface that we made ourselves, and that we will continue to improve and add onto.
  • Pure NVMe SSD Storage, DDR4 Memory & Ryzen 9 5950x or Ryzen 9 3900x CPU.

All this from just €5/mo or €4/GB/mo, see our plans here: www.kubbur.com/vps.

And if you're looking to join our referral program, just hand your mates your KUBBUR referral code and receive 15% back on all of their purchases, even renewals.

Let us know if you have any questions via comment or livechat. :smiley:

(Reposted as our previous post was in the wrong category, sorry!)

Thanked by 1opelnic

Comments

• 6Tbps capacity DDos protect? :-O

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

@miu said:
    6Tbps capacity DDos protect? :-O

Correct! According to our upstream, Path, at least. Apparently, their claim is closer to 10Tbps now but we like to keep our marketing conservative, at least until that figure is confirmed with us. :)

Thanked by 2sebkehl coreflux
  • hmm... but is good mix internet matters with politic?

@miu said:
    hmm... but is good mix internet matters with politic?

It's not politics, it's a notice to possible Russian buyers that due to actions taken by the British government (which are out of our control for obvious reasons) they may be denied service should these sanctions come into effect.

Thanked by 2lanefu adly
  • mad and sad.. that politician dumbers always must destroy (or misuse) all (what smart ppl even created, incl. internet).. but thanks for the answer, i understand that this is not your decision or effort but they may force you

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • XrmaddnessXrmaddness Member
    edited February 2022

Interesting offer and very nice looking website. Do you have a looking glass / test IPs?

Also, I'm getting an invalid certificate error when trying to visit your knowledgebase (https://help.kubbur.com/) and a 402 error with this:

@Xrmaddness said:
    Interesting offer and very nice looking website. Do you have a looking glass / test IPs?

Also, I'm getting an invalid certificate error when trying to visit your knowledgebase (https://help.kubbur.com/) and a 402 error with this:

Sadly our looking glass is offline at the moment, we're working on getting it back online but it's not the highest priority right now. As for test IPs you can do latency tests with:

• 45.61.174.2 in NYC
    • 45.61.173.64 in London

We also have speed test files available at:

Lastly, as for our helpdesk, it's in the process of being migrated to a Ghost-based system. We've got lots of things to do and a relatively small team which is why some things have been broken recently.

Hope this answers your questions :smile:

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Xrmaddness said:

Sadly our looking glass is offline at the moment, we're working on getting it back online but it's not the highest priority right now. As for test IPs you can do latency tests with:

• 45.61.174.2 in NYC
    • 45.61.173.64 in London

Lastly, as for our helpdesk, it's in the process of being migrated to a Ghost-based system. We've got lots of things to do and a relatively small team which is why some things have been broken recently.

Thank you for the quick response, much appreciated!

One last set of questions, and please, pardon my ignorance. I noticed in your AUP that "tunnelling" is not allowed:

"Tunnelling": using one’s service to reroute network traffic flowing into the service to another remote location outside of KVM Group’s network.

Is this a restriction of Path Network or KVM Group?
    Is there any tunneling that is allowed, such as private VPNs?

• @Xrmaddness said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Xrmaddness said:

• 45.61.174.2 in NYC
    • 45.61.173.64 in London

One last set of questions, and please, pardon my ignorance. I noticed in your AUP that "tunnelling" is not allowed:

"Tunnelling": using one’s service to reroute network traffic flowing into the service to another remote location outside of KVM Group’s network.

Pretty sure by tunneling - they mean you can't use the ddos protection only and use processing power elsewhere.
    VPNs are fine, or so I was told when I asked a few days ago.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Xrmaddness said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Xrmaddness said:

• 45.61.174.2 in NYC
    • 45.61.173.64 in London

Pretty sure by tunneling - they mean you can't use the ddos protection only and use processing power elsewhere.
    VPNs are fine, or so I was told when I asked a few days ago.

Just to confirm, indeed we only disallow "permanent rerouting" of traffic with that description more or less being a more inclusive clause than "we disallow tunnelling used for DDoS protection purposes". Although this is actually one of our policies, we implemented it because it is generally frowned upon that customers of Path (who do not purchase remote protection from them) offer their own customers a cheap alternative to Path's own remote protection service.

So in short: VPN's are allowed, GRE & et.c. is not, because we have a vested interest in Path growing their operations which allowing GRE could hinder.

Feel free to ask as many further questions as you'd like, we've got all the time in the world :wink:

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness

@LeifurGunnarsson said:
    Hello LET, I'm Leifur and I represent KUBBUR.com, we offer 10Gbps unmetered connection KVM VPS plans starting at €5/mo in New York & London with more locations on the way. Let me give you a better look at our quirks & features:

All VMs, regardless of size (we only offer 1GB 1c and over), come with:

• Free L4/L7 DDoS Protection with preconfigured & custom firewall management from Path Network (Advertised 6Tbps+ of capacity).
    • 10Gbps Unmetered bandwidth connection, (Dedicated 10G to the dedicated machine, then shared between the VMs).
    • A custom one of a kind Management Interface that we made ourselves, and that we will continue to improve and add onto.
    • Pure NVMe SSD Storage, DDR4 Memory & Ryzen 9 5950x or Ryzen 9 3900x CPU.

All this from just €5/mo or €4/GB/mo, see our plans here: www.kubbur.com/vps.

And if you're looking to join our referral program, just hand your mates your KUBBUR referral code and receive 15% back on all of their purchases, even renewals.

Let us know if you have any questions via comment or livechat. :smiley:

(Reposted as our previous post was in the wrong category, sorry!)

I'd like to add to this thread as we've gotten numerous people asking in our Discord server (which you should totally join btw!) about free trials of our VPS. And the answer is yes! We can give you a free trial of the KUBBUR experience, although not for very long. This does come with the condition that there is stock in the location you'd like to try, but it never hurts to ask. Those interested can reach out to us via any of our support channels which you'll find on our website.

• Oo that's one good looking website!

Thanked by 1LeifurGunnarsson
  • nice website :-)

• JosjJosj Member

London is out of stock :'(

• mwtmwt Member

I'd like to add to this thread as we've gotten numerous people asking in our Discord server (which you should totally join btw!) about free trials of our VPS.

Your Discord server has some sort of phone verification that I've never seen before. It does not work at all. I enter my phone number and click next. Nothing happens.

As a result, I cannot use your Discord.

• any yabs?

• Looks very interesting and you're based in Iceland so GDPR applies, right?

• umzakumzak Member

Which plan uses Ryzen 9 5950x ?

• @umzak said:
    Which plan uses Ryzen 9 5950x ?

uk is 5950x and us is 3900x

Thanked by 1umzak
  • Fucking scam.
    Impossible to log in.
    Add money to your account, try to login to control panel and they have no idea who you are. Gave them &eur;2 and there's no way to access my account page because they credentials I used to register don't exist.
    SCAM.

• mowsmows Member

Why it is so hard to put accepted payment methodes on your website?

Thanked by 1afn

@thagoat said:
    Fucking scam.
    Impossible to log in.
    Add money to your account, try to login to control panel and they have no idea who you are. Gave them &eur;2 and there's no way to access my account page because they credentials I used to register don't exist.
    SCAM.

You have probably tried logging into our Minecraft Server Control panel. Please contact support via email, livechat or discord so we can assist you with this.

edited March 2022

@vitobotta said:
    Looks very interesting and you're based in Iceland so GDPR applies, right?

GDPR applies to the data subject's residence, we're registered in the UK so no matter what the Data Protection Act of 2018 applies and for residents of GDPR countries the GDPR applies.

@mwt said:

I'd like to add to this thread as we've gotten numerous people asking in our Discord server (which you should totally join btw!) about free trials of our VPS.

Your Discord server has some sort of phone verification that I've never seen before. It does not work at all. I enter my phone number and click next. Nothing happens.

As a result, I cannot use your Discord.

This is Discord's own phone verification feature, please contact their support to assist you with this.> @mows said:

Thanked by 1nfksuk
  • There's a traffic limit

• neverainneverain Member
    edited March 2022

Path has l7 protection for vpses?
    i tried to buy a server for testing it but antifraud blocking me

• @cxpvip337 said:
    There's a traffic limit

There is?
    I have been running a speedtest server on one and have reached over 150 TiB this month.

• fanfan Veteran

@hibenji said: over 150 TiB this month

Best $5 spent so far I saw on LET!

• @fan said:

@hibenji said: over 150 TiB this month

Best $5 spent so far I saw on LET!

yep, KUBBUR is a very very good deal indeed

• @hibenji said:

@cxpvip337 said:
    There's a traffic limit

There is?
    I have been running a speedtest server on one and have reached over 150 TiB this month.

I mean is there a limit? Thank you for your answer

• edited March 2022

@cxpvip337 said:

@hibenji said:

@cxpvip337 said:
    There's a traffic limit

There is?

I mean is there a limit? Thank you for your answer

From what I was told - as long as you don't tunnel the traffic (to a different provider) - there is no limit.

Thanked by 1Pollard