Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Year Special - Gigabit Unmetered Dedicated Server!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Year Special - Gigabit Unmetered Dedicated Server!

terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

Celebrating the start of 2022 with true unmetered dedicated servers!

Terrahost is a hosting provider founded in 2006 located in Sandefjord, Norway. We own and operate our own datacenters. The newest datacenter DC2 was completed in Q2 2018 and is built within a bunker. We also have DC1 rebuilt in 2018-2019 which is our Colocation facilities.

LG: http://lg.terrahost.no/
AS Info: https://bgp.he.net/AS56655
BGP session/announcement: Yes, free
Recurring: Yes

Transits
Altibox (AS29695)
GTT (AS3257)

IXes
NIX1 - Oslo
FIXO - Oslo
DATAIX - Stockholm
Global-IX - Stockholm
SOLIX - Stockholm
STHIX - Stockholm

FSIX - Locally in our facilities, free 1G / 10G ports (https://fsix.no)

Inexpensive X/C to all IXes or other Tier1 providers in Oslo / Stockholm available.

OFFER:

Core i5
Intel Core i5
16GB RAM
500GB SSD
Unmetered Bandwidth
1 Gigabit Port
Price per month: 350 NOK/month (~35EUR)
Order here

ADDITIONAL 15% OFF WITH ANNUAL PAYMENT

All servers come with:
1 Single IPv4
1 Single IPv6
/48 IPv6 (routed)

Perks
Free BGP sessions
Automated Installations
IP-KVM on request
Layer 4 DDoS Protection

RULES AND TERMS FOR THESE DEALS

Payment must be in within 24 hours of ordering
Use full valid information when registering
Do not use VPN or TOR to order

Orders not following terms above will be cancelled

Comments

• Which i5 is this?

Thanked by 1Ryuko_Matoi
  • @BarkingIron said:
    Which i5 is this?

Assuming it's the same as the plan listed on their website: i5-3470

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@BarkingIron said:
    Which i5 is this?

@Decicus said:

@BarkingIron said:
    Which i5 is this?

Assuming it's the same as the plan listed on their website: i5-3470

Correct, 3470 or better. We have a few 4790 aswell.

• I just remembered that as well, somehow adds a bad taste to those Terrahost deals.

Thanked by 2Andrews fullclick32
  • I honestly think the whole Epik thing is fine. You guys are all over reacting

• Hey Terrahost I know you bought Hostsolutions but don't make mistakes like @cociu

Don't get into debt with the ISPs like Hostsolutions :D

@TeoM said:
    Hey Terrahost I know you bought Hostsolutions but don't make mistakes like @cociu

Hello there,

We have not bought Hostsolutions, but entered into an agreement to buy their hardware in our facilities and transfer the Norwegian services to us :)

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited January 2022

@terrahost said:

@TeoM said:
    Hey Terrahost I know you bought Hostsolutions but don't make mistakes like @cociu

Hello there,

We have not bought Hostsolutions, but entered into an agreement to buy their hardware in our facilities and transfer the Norwegian services to us :)

If you have bought only hardware from Hostsolutions (without buying company) have come that you acquired his Norwegian customers base???

Is such revealing customers data compliant with GDPR law or not? If it is not compliant (I can’t imagine that for example I would buy 2nd hard disk on ebay, and got with it all data about customers whos data was stored on this hard disk), then did your report that you illegally got customers data to respective government bodies?

Please elaborate more, as maybe other providers here would be interested, how to cheap acquire new customers base just by buying old decommissioned/abandoned hardware…

Thanked by 1devp
  • @Moofie said:
    I honestly think the whole Epik thing is fine. You guys are all over reacting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Thanked by 2devp BlazinDimes

@Andrews said:

@terrahost said:

@TeoM said:

Hello there,

If you have bought only hardware from Hostsolutions (without buying company) have come that you acquired his Norwegian customers base???

Is such revealing customers data compliant with GDPR law or not? If it is not compliant (I can’t imagine that for example I would buy 2nd hard disk on ebay, and got with it all data about customers whos data was stored on this hard disk), then did your report that you illegally got customers data to respective government bodies?

Please elaborate more, as maybe other providers here would be interested, how to cheap acquire new customers base just by buying old decommissioned/abandoned hardware…

No need to become hostile. We have bought their hardware, and the customers having norwegian sevices. Since most customers have services in both RO and NO, we have not bought them out exclusively.

Hope this explains it for you. Everything is perfectly legal. Anyone transferred alao have the right to refuse the transfer and cancel their service.

Thanked by 2skorous Lurkrazy
  • @terrahost said:
    Hope this explains it for you. Everything is perfectly legal. Anyone transferred alao have the right to refuse the transfer and cancel their service.

I am afraid, that GDPR does not work that way, that first one customer's data is "transferred" to 3rd party (without this customer approval), and than later this customer have generously got mentioned "right to refuse" after the fact. It is too late to ask him for approval, if his data were already given away to unauthorized (by GDPR law) 3rd party entity.

I am just curious. Do not get me wrong, I agree that you helped many customers who been scammed by Hostsolutions... but it does not change that fact that it clearly violated GDPR...

Thanked by 3webcraft devp dev077
  • ppl here overreact businesses get bought and sold all the time, the reason you start a business is to make money.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2022

@Andrews said:

@terrahost said:

@TeoM said:

Hello there,

Honestly, why care? The WHMCS installation was compromised, you're obligated to consider your client data there to be public information. Unless you just like spinning your wheels for exercise, you can't lose what was already lost.

Sometimes GDPR feels like a plastic sword that consumers run around wielding like it gives them some kind of super power to inconvenience and antagonize others at will, most specifically when there's no recognizable gain to be had beyond their entertainment.

The hacker seemed more concerned with client security than the host, I'd think one would be happy at the prospect of the host potentially removing the data from their systems and transferring it to literally anyone, to a house cat would even be sufficient.

• Been with them for quite a while, support and network are outstanding. No complaints.

Thanked by 1k4zz
  • @jar said:
    Honestly, why care? The WHMCS installation was compromised, you're obligated to consider your client data there to be public information. Unless you just like spinning your wheels for exercise, you can't lose what was already lost.

Honestly, do you care about your privacy only till first leak... and after that you think that GDPR do not apply any more, and you give a shit if your data could be treated as a bonus added to 2nd hand hardware purchases?

Thanked by 1pbx
    edited January 2022

@Andrews said:

@jar said:

Honestly, do you care about your privacy only till first leak... and after that you think that GDPR do not apply any more, and you give a shit if your data could be treated as a bonus added to 2nd hand hardware purchases?

So you do just like spinning your wheels and antagonizing people just for the exercise. I should've just asked that so you could say yes 😂

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @Andrews said:

I am afraid, that GDPR does not work that way, that first one customer's data is "transferred" to 3rd party (without this customer approval), and than later this customer have generously got mentioned "right to refuse" after the fact. It is too late to ask him for approval, if his data were already given away to unauthorized (by GDPR law) 3rd party entity.

I am just curious. Do not get me wrong, I agree that you helped many customers who been scammed by Hostsolutions... but it does not change that fact that it clearly violated GDPR...

Your concerns aren't invalid. There's a time and a place for everything but this isn't it; accosting someone here like this. If you have a complaint, submit it to the channels for GDPR violations (a quick google suggests they should respond within 30 days, but I didn't dig too deep into it). Being so confrontational doesn't really help anyone right now, the customers nor the provider.

• @terrahost said:

OFFER:

Core i5
    Intel Core i5
    16GB RAM
    500GB SSD
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    1 Gigabit Port
    Price per month: 350 NOK/month (~35EUR)
    Order here

https://terrahost.no/avtalebetingelser

Bandwidth Usage
    All services are delivered with a predefined amount of bandwidth. Services could be suspended if they exceed the allocated bandwidth volume. Extra bandwidth can be purchased at any time. Servers with an unmetered plan are subject to our Fair Usage Policy. The ports are shared with other customers (3.2:1 ratio) and normal usage is expected. Your use should not cause problems for other customers or infrastructure. Usage beyond 20% (2Gbps) continuous use of the port's capacity on 10Gbit is considered overusage and you may be asked to upgrade to a dedicated port.

Advertising your services to consumers and using the words Unmetered Bandwidth and hiding limitations in your terms is illegal in Norway.

It is a violation of Norwegian marketing laws (§ 6, 7, and/or 8).

https://lovdata.no/dokument/NL/lov/2009-01-09-2#KAPITTEL_2

• @jar said:

@Andrews said:

@jar said:

So you do just like spinning your wheels and antagonizing people just for the exercise. I should've just asked that so you could say yes 😂

What are you talking about? Asking about how it happened that customer's data from hacked/leaked Romanian scammer end up in TH while they denying his business acquisition is "antagonizing people" for you??? And your claiming, that fuck your client data... if it already leaked somewhere it pure nonsense.

You can like GDPR or not, but it is a LAW.

They just already acted strange with Epik case playing dumb, and this HS "virtual acquisition" stinks too. That is just my opinion, not exercise.

Thanked by 1devp
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited January 2022

No time to answer the questions asked in this thread, but plenty of time to create a new offer.

:wink:

Thanked by 2Astro jsg
    edited January 2022

@Andrews said:

@jar said:

@Andrews said:

@jar said:

What are you talking about? Asking about how it happened that customer's data from hacked/leaked Romanian scammer end up in TH while they denying his business acquisition is "antagonizing people" for you??? And your claiming, that fuck your client data... if it already leaked somewhere it pure nonsense.

They just already acted strange with Epik case playing dumb, and this HS "virtual acquisition" stinks too. That is just my opinion, not exercise.

Hey you violated the law. Don't question it. I just told you that you did. I need you to hire your lawyer to help you write an LET post RIGHT NOW. Don't you care about the law? Oh you don't want to hire a lawyer for an LET post? I guess you don't care about the LAW then.

You're being a douchebag. If you were concerned about law you wouldn't ask someone to pay legal fees to assist them in reviewing the contents of an LET post to ensure that their response is accurate according to the law that has been called into question. If you believe someone is violating the law with your data it is YOUR responsibility to GO DEAL WITH IT using the legal frameworks, not just antagonize people on a fucking LET thread. You're a classic GDPR troll, exactly what I mentioned. You don't give a fuck about the law, you just want to wield it like a cheap sword to throw your weight around because it makes you feel big and strong. It's so in style right now, you're so fucking cool. Give me your autograph, GDPR man. Here, let me make sure your cape is on tight.

• @jar said:

@Andrews said:

@jar said:

@Andrews said:

@jar said:

Hey you violated the law. Don't question it. I just told you that you did. I need you to hire your lawyer to help you write an LET post RIGHT NOW. Don't you care about the law? Oh you don't want to hire a lawyer for an LET post? I guess you don't care about the LAW then.

You're being a douchebag. If you were concerned about law you wouldn't ask someone to pay legal fees to assist them in reviewing the contents of an LET post to ensure that their response is accurate according to the law that has been called into question. If you believe someone is violating the law with your data it is YOUR responsibility to GO DEAL WITH IT using the legal frameworks, not just antagonize people on a fucking LET thread. You're a classic GDPR troll, exactly what I mentioned. You don't give a fuck about the law, you just want to wield it like a cheap sword to throw your weight around because it makes you feel big and strong. It's so in style right now, you're so fucking cool. Give me your autograph, GDPR man. Here, let me make sure your cape is on tight.

man do not drink and post anymore

@Andrews said: man do not drink and post anymore

Sober as shit, armchair lawyer troll.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ

@frog said:
    Advertising your services to consumers and using the words Unmetered Bandwidth and hiding limitations in your terms is illegal in Norway.

Our 1Gbps unmetered servers are not under a fair usage policy. This only applies to servers with 10Gbps. I would've stated otherwise if that was the case.

Thanked by 4frog devp Lurkrazy afn
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2022

Let's all relax. Get back to the offer thread at hand. Special unmetered dedicated server that has the same industry-level (for those getting colo or a step away from VPS B2C) definition of unmetered.

@frog said: Advertising your services to consumers and using the words Unmetered Bandwidth and hiding limitations in your terms is illegal in Norway.

I'm not familiar with Norway laws. While the ratio isn't something I've seen before, I've seen similar style of metrics be used to limit "unmetered" for consumer colocation offers for technical limitations. For example, the purpose behind most unmetered gigabit ports is an expectation that you have the full speed when you need it, but you shouldn't be saturating it 24/7 and impacting the customers around you (unless you paid for that dedicated Gbit port). It's good for the customer because you have access to full gigabit without paying for a dedicated gigabit. If you want a full dedicated gigabit for each customer then you'll never see offers at that price point.

So for me, I get the point you're making but this is pretty much standard in this market and is reasonable at the DC's point. But that's just my opinion, from my experience, and I am not a lawyer.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • pbxpbx Member

@terrahost said: Our 1Gbps unmetered servers are not under a fair usage policy.

Good deal at this price, even more so if this is true.

• frogfrog Barred
    edited January 2022

@terrahost said:

@frog said:

Our 1Gbps unmetered servers are not under a fair usage policy. This only applies to servers with 10Gbps. I would've stated otherwise if that was the case.

Well, it would be wise to write: 1Gbps unmetered servers are not under a fair usage policy in your advertising instead of in post answers.

It would be less confusing, and it would make your 1Gbps offers legal.
    Your 10Gbps offers are still illegal when we talk marketing law + consumers.

Or even better, rewrite your terms and make it clear that there is a fair usage policy.

En handelspraksis er villedende dersom den, ... presenterer opplysningene på en uklar, uforståelig, tvetydig eller uhensiktsmessig måte.

(edited)

Thanked by 3HalfEatenPie pbx devp
  • @Andrews said:

@Moofie said:
    I honestly think the whole Epik thing is fine. You guys are all over reacting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

I don't think you understand what that means.

• @Andrews said:
    man do not drink and post anymore

FYI, because you're not English first language, between your typo's and poor grammar, it's actually your posts that look drunk, not jar's. His posts are 100% easy to read and understand.

Are you even a GDPR expert? A quick look at GDPR rules looks like they have an argument for continuing performance of a contract, much different than selling a database without ongoing services.

Thanked by 3jar skorous iKeyZ