Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions hacked? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions hacked?

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2021

I was customer last time on October 2017

Thats when I ordered idling yearly VPS which I forgot.

I did not receive this leak email. Is this related to Epik data then? Its not even in spam folder.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@malignify said: Yeah but look who ended up paying close to US$60,000

Please link the thread with the proof, I have been off for a while.
    Amazingly, my VPS is still up.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just in, and somewhat related.

Hello,

Just wanted to follow up everyone to let you know that we are still migrating servers from NORSTOR1, but it takes more time than anticipated. We have roughly moved 50% of the servers now. We estimate it to be completed by the end of the year, but hopefully sooner.

Servers on NORSSD1 are being restored after a node crash. Your data is intact, but the VM configs are lost. All VMs will be recreated with a default config/setup, and we will adjust your resources accordingly after all servers have been spun up.

It appears that HostSolutions WHMCS has had a data breach. We therefore urge all customers to update their root and user passwords on the servers when they come back online as a precautionary measure.

If you have any questions regarding the migration or restoration of your server, please feel free to reply to this email or open a support ticket with us.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanked by 1t0m
  • @Maounique said:

http://portal.just.ro/302/SitePages/Dosar.aspx?id_dosar=30200000000442000&id_inst=302#Informaţii_generale

Thanked by 2JasonM Maounique
  • frogfrog Barred
    edited December 2021

@Maounique said:

http://portal.just.ro/302/SitePages/Dosar.aspx?id_dosar=30200000000442000&id_inst=302

http://portal.just.ro/271/SitePages/Dosar.aspx?id_dosar=27100000000304561&id_inst=271

(edit: link to old case)

LOL he has 2 court cases?

Both of which he's the debtor.

Hory shet! :smiley:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DP said:

Hello,

Just wanted to follow up everyone to let you know that we are still migrating servers from NORSTOR1, but it takes more time than anticipated. We have roughly moved 50% of the servers now. We estimate it to be completed by the end of the year, but hopefully sooner.

Servers on NORSSD1 are being restored after a node crash. Your data is intact, but the VM configs are lost. All VMs will be recreated with a default config/setup, and we will adjust your resources accordingly after all servers have been spun up.

It appears that HostSolutions WHMCS has had a data breach. We therefore urge all customers to update their root and user passwords on the servers when they come back online as a precautionary measure.

If you have any questions regarding the migration or restoration of your server, please feel free to reply to this email or open a support ticket with us.

I feel like I see one of my moods in that. When you're sleep deprived, dealing with issues that have customers offline, and you're just too drained to care about anything other than doing the work until it's done. No room left for feeling.

Thanked by 2DP dystopia

@jar said: too drained to care about anything other than doing the work until it's done.

Been there, felt that :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • I received the same email, If the data does fall into the hands of hackers, our privacy will be compromised, and the consequences will be terrible.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited December 2021

@malignify said: Just because he sells perfume, it doesn't mean he can make this shit smell good.

That's a great one-liner!

• @jsg said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    I come here to see what will jsg say.

I expect him to say:
    X out of Y of my servers are still online.
    That rotten horse is not dead, it's to early to draw the conclusion.
    Wall of text that express how he cares the community.

I bet $7 on this.

He will say that you are not particularly smart and provably wrong.

Oh and regards to cybertech, the "benchmark king" at LES who of course liked your stupid and wrong comment.

I didn't tag you, because I knew you would read every comment under this thread.

• @DP said:

Hello,

Where is the dirt migrated to ? How long will they migrate until Jesus comes back and the world ends?

@cociu should times celebrate less and let more facts speak

@TeoM said:

@DP said:

Hello,

Where is the dirt migrated to ? How long will they migrate until Jesus comes back and the world ends?

Terrahost absorbed whatever cociu/HS had at their facility.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3291703/#Comment_3291703

Thanked by 1MGarbis
  • @DP said:

@TeoM said:

@DP said:

Hello,

He takes over all the crap that @cociu screwed up.

• @DP said:

Hello,

Where did you receive this mail? 😳

• cyagoncyagon Member
    edited December 2021

I got the email too, and i can confirm that the data is real, including the password hash (tested via https://appdevtools.com/bcrypt-generator)

Thankfully, i lived somewhere else at the time. And thank lord i used a password manager.

@benj0x said:

@DP said:

Hello,

Where did you receive this mail? 😳

Sorry, forgot to mention that the mail was from Andreas, related to the HS -> Terrahost migration.

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • @TeoM said:

@DP said:

@TeoM said:

@DP said:

Hello,

He takes over all the crap that @cociu screwed up.

Does he have any legal basis to acquire/store/process personal data of these "absorbed" customers??? Some company merger? Company shares exchange? Company division buyout? Any court/notary papers for that?

Did he inform EVERY such customer in time required by law, about such legal event, inform him about processing his personal data, who is the the data administrator, which rights do they have...?

or maybe it was like: there you have it, my 3000 customers, I don't want them any more, I don't give a shit about them, you can spam them, you can sell their personal data, you can harvest their disks... whatever... I don't care, tell them FUCK OFF! WTF is this??? EU with GDPR or maybe United States of Banana Republic of Hosting???

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Kiwi83 said:
    I didn't tag you, because I knew you would read every comment under this thread.

No, you didn't because you lack basic politeness. And you are wrong again anyway.

• Nice Christmas Gift for us (irony). :/
    I received the email too with "correct" data. (I can confirm also). At this point I can't imagine, how this "company" can sink deeper.

From the email: "If they try to deny breach again we post the databases for free online."
    "again"? They denied the fact of the data leak previously? (it's new for me).

• @jsg said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    I come here to see what will jsg say.

I expect him to say:
    X out of Y of my servers are still online.
    That rotten horse is not dead, it's to early to draw the conclusion.
    Wall of text that express how he cares the community.

I bet $7 on this.

He will say that you are not particularly smart and provably wrong.

Oh and regards to cybertech, the "benchmark king" at LES who of course liked your stupid and wrong comment.

dont be such a basement beta. next time at least have the galls to tag me.

but to be honest i have no comeback to this reaction so I will let you reply first.

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • This thread is getting better and better. We got database leak, passwords in clear, upset customers, GDPR, people fighting for tagging one another, and all this on Christmas day!

I love LET! The end is always nigh.

Thanked by 4fendix tux JasonM afn
  • edited December 2021

Hello. I am the person who hacked it. AMA.

Proof: Email we got from "ihostart" (LUL) (I can prove it other ways I just found this email hilarious)

Mods don't ban me I am not going to post any data. I answer any questions people have about it since I hate hostsolutions and they will never give people more details anyways.

Edit: Also sorry I spelled my username incorrectly meant to put "hostsolutions" not "Hostingsolutions".

Thanked by 3dosai dystopia _MS_
  • Now this is some good drama. Tagging @Calin, because obviously.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@default LET is the best drama forum , I gained 10 kg more than how much popcorn I ate

Thanked by 1VayVayKa
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@hostingsolutionssux yes , I plan to keep Marius clients for at least 3 months in the future, with free service, all those who no longer had a service at HS

• @Calin said:
    @hostingsolutionssux yes , I plan to keep Marius clients for at least 3 months in the future, with free service, all those who no longer had a service at HS

Interesting choice of words.

• edited December 2021

@Calin said:

Sorry but it is extremely funny that you think you would be trustworthy with such data, as from what I see on TikTok your servers look like they're about to explode. WTF is this? Can't wait for a server outage with the reason "Server rack fell apart"
    https://www.tiktok.com/@ihostart.com/video/6936267803305463046

Thanked by 2Demindiro dystopia
  • is ihostart.com the legitimate successor of hostsolutions.ro?

• that colon preceded by a space seems like Calin's style

Romanian providers taking competition very seriously :D