Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 104
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• @PulsedMedia said: I have a feeling like someone should be shouting right now "Do It! Do It! Do It!"

Oh no! My inner-voice was that loud?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @Trav said: Got it and paid, thank you :D

Congrats mate, make sure to spare some space for anime and visual novel there.

Thanked by 1Trav
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Nekki you found a dedi yet? So that you'll need storage vps? ;)

• @PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said: It does look a lot more organised, but thinking back on the first megathread I joined, that was really fun and exciting. Thanks @Nekki, that megathread is one of the reasons I decided to contribute my time to LET community.

How about mix of both, a few/provider can choose random or on schedule?

Honestly, I don’t think it would work.

Those crazy threads were almost entirely organic, they happened almost by accident (the first was literally the result of no sleep and too much red bull) and there was very little prep. It was glorious because everyone came together as a community, buyers and providers, to make something awesome.

What you’ve got now is much slicker and more organised, and has a very different feel. If it’s all placed out, you’re not going to get the same insane spontaneity that let to some of the best (and some of the most unsustainable) deals in history.

• @Mr_Tom said:
    @Nekki you found a dedi yet? So that you'll need storage vps? ;)

Nope, they continue to evade me.

• @Nekki said: What you’ve got now is much slicker and more organised, and has a very different feel. If it’s all placed out, you’re not going to get the same insane spontaneity that let to some of the best (and some of the most unsustainable) deals in history.

FAT32-sama sure has a tough job, I can't think of a way to satisfy everyone...

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Damn. If UK colo was a bit better priced I could pickup 6x HDD and offer something dedicated for you lol.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Murv said:

There might be a solution:

• Black Friday: Organised
    • Cyber Monday: Fully random
  • @PulsedMedia said:
    That "reservation" cancelled, so it's avail again with the discount! ffs damn scammers

Scammers? You post a very limited deal that only the fastest one can get - so someone is fast enough to reserve the deal and then has time to read what it is actually about and decides to cancel because it's not for him and you call that person a scammer for that? Did I get that right?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Murv said:

@PulsedMedia said: I have a feeling like someone should be shouting right now "Do It! Do It! Do It!"

Oh no! My inner-voice was that loud?

Thanked by 1Murv
  • @FAT32 will there be any VPS offers from @SpartanHost ?

• MurvMurv Member
    edited November 2021

@FAT32 said:

@Murv said:

There might be a solution:

• Black Friday: Organised
    • Cyber Monday: Fully random

That could work, IMO!
    Even the other way around would be fine: having the BF random, and CM organized. Seems like the hype is a little bit more on BF.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • was there any even NAT - 100GB HDD in USA preferred East Coast location ? would be nice as a docker registry.

• @cold said:
    @FAT32 will there be any VPS offers from @SpartanHost ?

no

@Nekki said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said: It does look a lot more organised, but thinking back on the first megathread I joined, that was really fun and exciting. Thanks @Nekki, that megathread is one of the reasons I decided to contribute my time to LET community.

How about mix of both, a few/provider can choose random or on schedule?

Honestly, I don’t think it would work.

Those crazy threads were almost entirely organic, they happened almost by accident (the first was literally the result of no sleep and too much red bull) and there was very little prep. It was glorious because everyone came together as a community, buyers and providers, to make something awesome.

What you’ve got now is much slicker and more organised, and has a very different feel. If it’s all placed out, you’re not going to get the same insane spontaneity that let to some of the best (and some of the most unsustainable) deals in history.

That's awesome! :) Kinda sad i missed it then i guess.

Thanked by 2FAT32 MatthewLeigh

@cold said:
    FAT32 will there be any VPS offers from SpartanHost ?

Yes, there will be 1 today (EST).

Thanked by 1cold

@cmeerw said:

@PulsedMedia said:
    That "reservation" cancelled, so it's avail again with the discount! ffs damn scammers

Scammers? You post a very limited deal that only the fastest one can get - so someone is fast enough to reserve the deal and then has time to read what it is actually about and decides to cancel because it's not for him and you call that person a scammer for that? Did I get that right?

It is bots or something like that. All fake info, no payment even after hours. If this was legit user they for sure would at least have initiated a payment and/or reaches out to helpdesk.

Why should we cater to the chinese who just want to reserve just to see if they might make a profit from it, before paying for the service and most likely will never pay for it -- and let actual real users in the wind?

It does not matter for regular services at all, but these super limited specials, would you rather that NO actual LET user gets them?

• sezingsezing Member, Host Rep

we need storage VPS deal

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

@FAT32 said:
    (Image)

27/11 06:00

Myroot.pw: €40+/m 32GB w/ 1TB SSD Xeon Dedicated Server in US/Austria

(Image)

Specifications

MR11

• Xeon E-2124 (4c,4t)
    • 32GB ECC RAM
    • 2 x 500 GB SSD
    • 15TB Traffic on 250Mbit/s Port (1 x IPV4)
    • IPMI/HTML5 Console Available
    • Promo code: BF2021Servers
    • €40/m (Usual €50/m)

MR9

• Xeon E3-1230v3 (4c,8t)
    • 32GB ECC RAM
    • 2 x 1TB HDD (CMR)
    • 10TB Traffic on 100Mbit/s Port (1 x IPV4)
    • IPMI/HTML5 Console Available
    • €48/m (Usual €60/m)

(Image)

MR1

• C3558 (4c,4t)
    • 32GB ECC RAM
    • 2 x 4TB HDD (CMR) + 1 x 120GB NVME
    • 10TB Traffic on 100Mbit/s Port (1 x IPV4)
    • €44/m (Usual €55/m)

@SGraf

I have added a few more into the inventory. So the LET-Users that saw a "not available", dont have to be disappointed.

Thanked by 2ehab FAT32
  • @PulsedMedia said: but these super limited specials, would you rather that NO actual LET user gets them?

But even as an actual LET user you can ONLY get them if you proceed straight to reserve it and then read what it is actually about (and make a decision if it is for you)? Why would you then initiate payment or reach out to helpdesk if you know it's not for you?

• nordmannnordmann Member
    edited November 2021

@PulsedMedia said: Why should we cater to the chinese who just want to reserve just to see if they might make a profit from it, before paying for the service and most likely will never pay for it -- and let actual real users in the wind?

Talking of users left in the wind... :D is there a slightest chance of a lil restock to the V1k 8TB offer, maybe some still pending payments or smth. o:)

• @cmeerw said:

@PulsedMedia said: but these super limited specials, would you rather that NO actual LET user gets them?

But even as an actual LET user you can ONLY get them if you proceed straight to reserve it and then read what it is actually about (and make a decision if it is for you)? Why would you then initiate payment or reach out to helpdesk if you know it's not for you?

I don't think you should jump the gun on buying something before even reading the description. You do that for real life products as well? If I did that I'd be broke in no time...

Thanked by 2nordmann PulsedMedia

27/11 11:00

IonSwitch: $69/m 64GB Dual E5v2 10Gbps Dedicated Server in Idaho (US)

Specifications

• Dual E5-2650v2
    • 64GB DDR3 RAM
    • 1 x 500GB SSD
    • 333TB Bandwidth @ 10Gbps
    • Quantity: 6
    • Promo code: DEDI-BF2021
    • $69/m

• Dual E5-2650v2
    • 64GB DDR3 RAM
    • 2 x 2TB HDD
    • Unmetered @ 1Gbps
    • Quantity: 7
    • $69/m

@IonSwitch

• @PulsedMedia said:

@cmeerw said:

@PulsedMedia said:

It is bots or something like that. All fake info, no payment even after hours. If this was legit user they for sure would at least have initiated a payment and/or reaches out to helpdesk.

Why should we cater to the chinese who just want to reserve just to see if they might make a profit from it, before paying for the service and most likely will never pay for it -- and let actual real users in the wind?

It does not matter for regular services at all, but these super limited specials, would you rather that NO actual LET user gets them?

In fact, there are far more Chinese people who will pay than those who just want to change hands for profit. Don't simply deny everyone,thanks

• @Murv said:

@cmeerw said:

@PulsedMedia said: but these super limited specials, would you rather that NO actual LET user gets them?

I don't think you should jump the gun on buying something before even reading the description. You do that for real life products as well? If I did that I'd be broke in no time...

That's what I am saying - you have to read the description before paying. But because of the very limited specials, you most likely don't have time to read the description before proceeding to reserve the offer (otherwise the offer is gone before you have even finished reading the description).

• @FAT32 said: $69/m

Nice.

Thanked by 2FAT32 Trav
  • @FAT32 said:
    (Image)

(Image)

Specifications

• Dual E5-2650v2
    • 64GB DDR3 RAM
    • 1 x 500GB SSD
    • $69/m

• Dual E5-2650v2

• 64GB DDR3 RAM
    • 2 x 2TB HDD
    • Unmetered @ 1Gbps
    • $69/m

(Image)

@IonSwitch

Same price but latter got 2x2TB storage?(Oh it SSD and HDD)

• IonSwitchIonSwitch Member, Host Rep

@dTQzBen8 said:

@FAT32 said:
    (Image)

(Image)

Specifications

• Dual E5-2650v2
    • 64GB DDR3 RAM
    • 1 x 500GB SSD
    • $69/m

• Dual E5-2650v2

• 64GB DDR3 RAM
    • 2 x 2TB HDD
    • Unmetered @ 1Gbps
    • $69/m

(Image)

@IonSwitch

Same price but latter got 2x2TB storage?(Oh it SSD and HDD)

And the SSD server has a 10G port, but the HDD only has a 1G port.

Thanked by 2FAT32 dTQzBen8
This discussion has been closed.