Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24/7 Server Management with Ansible automation to any Linux servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

24/7 Server Management with Ansible automation to any Linux servers

easycomehosteasycomehost Member
edited October 2021 in Offers

[Removed by moderator because this user's provider tag has been revoked due to breaking LowEndTalk rules - Invalid WHMCS License]

Comments

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@easycomehost said: New technologies like "Ansible"

What's your definition of "new"?

• @brueggus said:

@easycomehost said: New technologies like "Ansible"

What's your definition of "new"?

I never see Ansible is using for Automation in Linux servers, It's a rare thing, So I bring it as new to hosting field.

• Is this the host who got banned few months ago?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @kheng86 said:
    Is this the host who got banned few months ago?

No, we never get banned as we always trying to find a new way in hosting industry. We have started the company recently but in this field with 9 years of experience. So always looking to start a new techology in hosting industry

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2021

I really hate to be that guy but...

yum/apt install redis

Ansible just a tad overkill. Anything further will be too use case specific to be generically automated. Really all of this is one liner stuff.

• @jar said:

yum/apt install redis

Ansible just a tad overkill. Anything further will be too use case specific to be generically automated. Really all of this is one liner stuff.

^^^
    I don't mind doing sometimes-buggy bash scripts to automate crap. It just works most of the time. Ansible is all and good until the package gets changed, etc., and it all breaks, so you'd need to maintain an internal repo, and package it all yourself.

Thanked by 2jar devp
  • @arsend said:

@jar said:

yum/apt install redis

^^^
    I don't mind doing sometimes-buggy bash scripts to automate crap. It just works most of the time. Ansible is all and good until the package gets changed, etc., and it all breaks, so you'd need to maintain an internal repo, and package it all yourself.

We are using variables and templates, So everything will works fine. I did a lot of experiments in my test machine before bring it live

• @jar said:

yum/apt install redis

We have options to go advanced in Ansible with templates used for specific configurations and make changes with the help of variables.

• The user was at least informally warned about violating rules:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172941/looking-for-managed-service-for-your-servers#latest

Also, just variables won't help, as Ansible is meant for custom workflows; for standardized one time workflows you can still run a command.

Thanked by 2webcraft devp
  • @stevewatson301 said:
    The user was at least informally warned about violating rules:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172941/looking-for-managed-service-for-your-servers#latest

Also, just variables won't help, as Ansible is meant for custom workflows; for standardized one time workflows you can still run a command.

Yes, we got a warning in our initial days as we are not much experienced in writing a post here.
    Yes, we can do it with ad-hoc command as well, but if we have a predefined playbook, things will be faster than one line command.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@easycomehost said:
    No, we never get banned as we always trying to find a new way in hosting industry. We have started the company recently but in this field with 9 years of experience. So always looking to start a new techology in hosting industry

You definitely got banned before, but for whatever reasons someone unbanned you and got a provider tag despite not fulfilling the requirements, and now trying hard to make up all the posts

I dont even know whats the point of rules at this point.

• Yes, We got banned before as we are not knowing all the rules. I clearly understand the rules now and making posts on the respective discussion category with right rules.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FAT32 said:

@easycomehost said:

You definitely got banned before, but for whatever reasons someone unbanned you and got a provider tag despite not fulfilling the requirements, and now trying hard to make up all the posts

Hey now. That's no way to talk to the guy who made an Ansible playbook to run yum update.

• What kind of rubbish is this?

Easycomehost introduce "Ansible automation"

Ansible was introduced by DeHaan ~9 years ago.

Predefined playbooks available for

Let code speak for itself. Show your playbooks, either on Galaxy or your self-managed version control system. Latter should be easy given the vast experience implied in the post.

Thanked by 2webcraft devp
  • @easycomehost said: No, we never get banned

@easycomehost said: Yes, We got banned before

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @jar said:

@FAT32 said:

@easycomehost said:

Hey now. That's no way to talk to the guy who made an Ansible playbook to run yum update.

It's not about yum update command alone. I have created a lot of Ansible roles to create a new way in automating Linux servers especially hosting servers.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2021

@easycomehost said:

@kheng86 said:

Haha, sorry, it’s sounds to me one account is banned we managed to open a new one under different name - a way to bypass all the rules, so exactly the same as technology you do use - nothing is new!

• I have created a lot of Ansible roles to create a new way in automating Linux servers

Breakthrough, no less. Where are the playbooks?

Thanked by 1devp
  • @IziD said:
    What kind of rubbish is this?

Easycomehost introduce "Ansible automation"

Ansible was introduced by DeHaan ~9 years ago.

Predefined playbooks available for

Let code speak for itself. Show your playbooks, either on Galaxy or your self-managed version control system. Latter should be easy given the vast experience implied in the post.

Unfortunately It's not possible to show playbooks as showing playbooks here can take the codes easily from here, then my efforts for creating playbooks are worthless.

• @RecD said:

@easycomehost said: No, we never get banned

I meant we have banned once and then never got banned after we understand the rules clearly.

• @FAT32 said:

@easycomehost said:

@jbiloh why?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2021

@FAT32 said:

@easycomehost said:

~~jbiloh can you please help solve the mystery?
    Banned user getting un banned and getting a provider tag?~~

A question meant for jbiloh has been answered by OP.

So I am assuming OP was reinstated by jbiloh or OP is jbiloh.

Therefore,

I have
    Deleted my question.

• @IziD said:

I have created a lot of Ansible roles to create a new way in automating Linux servers

Breakthrough, no less. Where are the playbooks?

Playbooks are stored in my local machine and my private repository. no one can access it except me.

• @easycomehost said:

@RecD said:

@easycomehost said: No, we never get banned

I meant we have banned once and then never got banned after we understand the rules clearly.

I am sorry, but do you offer anything other than shared hosting and "Server Management"(with 30$/month cheapest plan)?

I don't know what offers the offer category can post...

• @easycomehost said: Unfortunately It's not possible to show playbooks as showing playbooks here can take the codes easily from here, then my efforts for creating playbooks are worthless.

I vote for "this is a scam". Some schmook tries to sell an invisible magic they are unable to demonstrate.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@vyas11 said:
    jbiloh can you please help solve the mystery?
    Banned user getting un banned and getting a provider tag?

Just to be clear, I am ok with unbanning if a provider is shown to be ok (I havent done enough check on easycomehost), but I really have no idea why theres no any verification of minimum posts for provider tag

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @WebProject said:

@easycomehost said:

@kheng86 said:

Haha, sorry, it’s sounds to me one account is banned we managed to open a new one under different name - a way to bypass all the rules, so exactly the same as technology you do use - nothing is new!

We still using the same name. but introduced ansible automation to our current website

• @dosai said:

@FAT32 said:

@easycomehost said:

@jbiloh why?

We are posting the contents in the right discussion topic and following all rules. So I don't think there is any need of ban anymore

• @IziD said:

@easycomehost said: Unfortunately It's not possible to show playbooks as showing playbooks here can take the codes easily from here, then my efforts for creating playbooks are worthless.

I vote for "this is a scam". Some schmook tries to sell an invisible magic they are unable to demonstrate.

Sorry if needed I will show a small portion of my playbook, other than that I cannot show anything in my playbook. So you will understand I am not doing scam and have proper vision in hosting industry. here it is

- name: Create a directory in /usr/local/src
      file:
        path: /usr/local/src/csf
        state: directory
        mode: 0755
        owner: root
        group: root
      tags: [csf]

- name: Download csf using get_url
      get_url:
       url: https://download.configserver.com/csf.tgz
       dest: /usr/local/src/csf
       mode: 0666
       owner: root
       group: root
      tags: [csf]

• @vyas11 said:

@FAT32 said:

@easycomehost said:

@jbiloh can you please help solve the mystery?
    Banned user getting un banned and getting a provider tag?

Yes, solution is easy. we are posting the contents in the right discussion topic and following all rules. so no worries about unbanned and provider tag acceptance.