Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24/7 Server Management with Ansible automation to any Linux servers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

24/7 Server Management with Ansible automation to any Linux servers

Comments

• @yoursunny said:

@easycomehost said:

@yoursunny said:
    Can you make custom playbooks?
    I want to deploy NDNts-video-server to several servers, encode a video, and upload the video to all these servers.
    Can you give a quote for 5 servers?

Do you have the official document which guides NDNts-video-server encoding?

Yes, deployment instructions and encoding commands are in README.md file.
    encode.sh is the encoding script.

Can you guide me the link to download this script?

• @webcraft said:

@easycomehost said:
    It's tested already with our testing environment and confirm it's free from issues and bugs.

You didn't got the message. It's not about bugs or problems with your script. We don't see any value in your scripts, not technical difficulties. The only thing reasonable for the price is the around the clock support availability but definitely not your scripts. For some reason you insist on that your scripts provide value to the customer and we try to explain you why this isn't the case in our view.

I am not relay on scripts. Just wanted to highlight it. Ansible scripts are so easy for me to automate the long runnings and time consuming jobs to make it simple and run it together on multiple servers.

I just highlighted in our services. That's all :)

• @plumberg said:

@easycomehost said:

@plumberg said:

@easycomehost said:

@plumberg said:

@easycomehost said:

@webcraft said:

@easycomehost said:
    I don't know how you can say about our administration without testing our support or help. You just blindly said it.

As I wrote:

@webcraft said:
    Nothing you described here ...

I didn't describe the playbook here due to security concerns, But I have pasted a snippet here from my playbook.

Here it is again

name: Create a directory in /usr/local/src
    file:
    path: /usr/local/src/csf
    state: directory
    mode: 0755
    owner: root
    group: root
    tags: [csf]

name: Download csf using get_url
    get_url:
    url: https://download.configserver.com/csf.tgz
    dest: /usr/local/src/csf
    mode: 0666
    owner: root
    group: root
    tags: [csf]

What's the security concern?
    How many clients using your server admin services?
    What if a customer is not satisfied with what you claim to offer?
    What benefits will a customer have in terms of automation?
    How will customer get updates?

What's the security concern?

Ans: If we pasted the playbook here, anyone can copy-paste the playbook and run it themselves, then what's the need of providing that service by us. We can simply upload it to a public repository and share it with anyone. I am selling it as a service.

How many clients using your server admin services?

Ans: We have lot of clients using our Admin services and all are happy with our services.

Frankly if you provide vague information its gonna hurt you.

Atleast on this forum you are treading on thin platform

I am not providing any vague information. If you provide me a server, I can run my playbook over there, It's tested already with our testing environment and confirm it's free from issues and bugs.

Right. You may want to answer specifically if you have any clients actually using your system admin service... so far you seem to have clients in your head only.

Plus nulled whmcs... jeez, you got steel balls

It's not like that, You are wrong, I have lot of customers and they are happy with our services. Your statement is wrong ;)

• @plumberg said:

@easycomehost said:
    Old days are gone with Manual server installation and Support:

It's time to think about New technologies like "Ansible" and adapt them to our Hosting Industry.

Easycomehost introduce "Ansible automation" to Hosting servers. Just bring your server to us. We will install whatever software to you via Ansible.

Predefined playbooks available for
    1. Yum update
    2. Config server firewall
    3. Chkrootkit
    4. SSH optimization
    5. Maldet Installation
    6. Configserver mail queues
    7. rkhunter installation
    8. redis installation

and lot are coming in the way....

Just handover the server to us. We will install the needed software and provide 24/7 support to servers, Doesn't matter whether it's a shared server, cPanel server, VPS, Dedicated server. We provide support to all servers.

Order server management for any servers from:

https://easycomehost.com/serverman.php

We accept the following payment methods:

PayPal
    Credit/debit cards
    Indian UPI
    Internet Banking

Please define "Initial Hardening"....

Initial hardnening means, We will secure the server with do SSH hardening, apache optimization, Mysql hardening, Apache hardning, remove unwanted softwares, checking for globally write scripts etc...There are lot of security measurement we have to take care.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited October 2021

@easycomehost said:

@yoursunny said:

@easycomehost said:

@yoursunny said:
    Can you make custom playbooks?
    I want to deploy NDNts-video-server to several servers, encode a video, and upload the video to all these servers.
    Can you give a quote for 5 servers?

Do you have the official document which guides NDNts-video-server encoding?

Yes, deployment instructions and encoding commands are in README.md file.
    encode.sh is the encoding script.

Can you guide me the link to download this script?

If you carefully read his post, you'd have find it yourself. Actually, there's no need for a script since he didn't asked you to translate it into an Ansible playbook (again, what's the value if you simply exchange a bash script with an Ansible script? There's none because the result is the same). An Ansible script which provides consistency and idempotency is required.

@easycomehost said:

@plumberg said:nd bugs.

Right. You may want to answer specifically if you have any clients actually using your system admin service... so far you seem to have clients in your head only.

Plus nulled whmcs... jeez, you got steel balls

It's not like that, You are wrong, I have lot of customers and they are happy with our services. Your statement is wrong ;)

It's not wrong, everybody can check for themself that your WHMCS is nulled.

Thanked by 1devp
  • LukeQCLukeQC Member, Host Rep

@webcraft said: You're right, I wouldn't trust them about this either but having staff available around the clock (no matter if incompetent) this does explain to me at least why he's demanding money for it.

I'd rather just have my own monitoring and deal with this stuff myself than to get a company like this to look after it for me.

I understand that people out there don't have the time or knowledge to do it themselves but if you put blind trust in a company like this, it will most likely come back to bite you. If you have staff available around the clock and they don't know what they're doing, they can badly break your server at an hour of the night/morning :P

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @easycomehost said: We are providing SSH level hardening as this is one of the most precaution we have to take care while running a Linux server.

like this? :trollface:

- name: disallow ssh passwords
         lineinfile:
           regex: PasswordAuthentication
           line: PasswordAuthentication no
           path: /etc/ssh/sshd_config
           state: present
         notify: reload sshd
       - name: disallow ssh rootlogin
         lineinfile:
           regex: PermitRootLogin
           line: PermitRootLogin no

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @LukeQC said:

@webcraft said: You didn't got the message. It's not about bugs or problems with your script. We don't see any value in your scripts, not technical difficulties. The only thing reasonable for the price is the around the clock support availability but definitely not your scripts. For some reason you insist on that your scripts provide value to the customer and we try to explain you why this isn't the case in our view.

If they tested it in their own environment, that doesn't mean it will work on different environments and on servers that are already operational that might have conflicts with what the playbooks are doing. It's this simple fact that they don't understand this that worries me.

Even though they offer 24/7 support I wouldn't trust them to be able to help with any issues that aren't simple. If they have no idea how simple their Ansible scripts are or how using a nulled version of WHMCS is wrong, what hope do they have?

I am not looking to run the ansible scripts on a running server that is in a live environment. The Ansible playbook is created for new servers which are ready for provision.

About the 24/7, We are confident that we will solve any issues which we are facing, it will range from simple to complex issues. The 9 year experience in hosting industry teaches me a lot on common linux issues ;)

• @IziD said:

@yoursunny said: I want to deploy NDNts-video-server to several servers, encode a video, and upload the video to all these servers.

Looked at the repo and suddenly found myself at NDN Wiki page. Got lost.

Back to the topic: "upload payload to X servers, execute and get results back" is generally easy (friendly tip: copy: is not your friend despite of its name). Feel free to reach out. I accept payments in 101 about NDN and why humanity should be interested in it. Also, have a few questions about QUIC if you are feeling particularly inclined to share some knowledge.

I cannot blindly say what that script is doing without referring to it. If the script "encode.sh" is doing all the encoding work, It can easily achieve ansible with the help of a copy or template command on Ansible playbook.

I need to refer the script first

• @easycomehost said:
    I am not looking to run the ansible scripts on a running server that is in a live environment. The Ansible playbook is created for new servers which are ready for provision.

Then it's not management but startup help. I doubt anybody is recreating their services just to come to you.
    Everybody else better look at Turnkey templates/isos or similar, they're free and seem to provide at least a similar value.

Thanked by 1LukeQC
  • @webcraft said:

@easycomehost said:

Then it's not management but startup help. I doubt anybody is recreating their services just to come to you.
    Everybody else better look at Turnkey templates/isos or similar, they're free and seem to provide at least a similar value.

We cannot say like that, every day a lot of customers are purchasing servers, So the ansible playbooks are beneficial for them.

• @lanefu said:

@easycomehost said: We are providing SSH level hardening as this is one of the most precaution we have to take care while running a Linux server.

like this? :trollface:

- name: disallow ssh passwords
         lineinfile:
           regex: PasswordAuthentication
           line: PasswordAuthentication no
       - name: disallow ssh rootlogin
         lineinfile:
           regex: PermitRootLogin
           line: PermitRootLogin no

Perfect, It's a good ansible task for SSH hardening, Appreciated ;)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Raindog309, ban this dude.

• @deank said:

Then unban and open a thread about it.

In the name of unholy traffic.

How the mighty has fallen.

Thanked by 1IziD
  • @dosai said:

@deank said:

That would be following the sop

• @deank said:

No, I am not sure why there is a need for ban?

• @dosai said:

@deank said:

No, I am not sure why there is a need for ban?

• @deank said:
    In the name of unholy traffic.

How the mighty has fallen.

Traffic came when everyone replies on threads ;)

That's your issue. You don't even have a fucking idea why you will be banned.

Thanked by 2webcraft bulbasaur
  • @vyas11 said:

@dosai said:

@deank said:

No need for a ban mate.

• @deank said:
    That's your issue. You don't even have a fucking idea why you will be banned.

I have all the idea mate, to be honest, no need for a ban here.

• @easycomehost said:

@vyas11 said:

@dosai said:

@deank said:

No need for a ban mate.

It is the ban + unban. Works in tandem. That is the sop I was talking about.

• @vyas11 said:

@easycomehost said:

@vyas11 said:

@dosai said:

@deank said:

No need for a ban mate.

Just forget about ban, there is no reason for a ban here ;)

• @lanefu said: like this? :trollface:

For the love of god! At least tell him to wrap it in *.j2

• @easycomehost said:

@vyas11 said:

@easycomehost said:

@vyas11 said:

@dosai said:

@deank said:

No need for a ban mate.

Just forget about ban, there is no reason for a ban here ;)

Yeah, I believe you have licked somebody ass..

Thanked by 1webcraft
    edited October 2021

These kind of kids used to get banned within minutes.

Now, look - even an admin comes by and nothing. Yeah, LET is pretty much dead.

Interestingly, he was interested in anal stuff.

• @deank said:
    These kind of kids used to get banned within minutes.

Rare to see three line posts from you. Must have really hit a nerve.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@deank said: These kind of kids used to get banned within minutes.

LowEndTalk is busier than it has ever been. :)

And the provider has been handled in the other ticket about their services.

I'll quote my reply from the other thread here for consistency:

Upon checking the WHMCS license authentication tool your WHMCS installation does not pass. This is a non-negotiable issue here at LowEndTalk. Providers are not allowed to use nulled/invalid WHMCS licenses.

Regardless of where you sourced your license from, if you intend on being taken seriously you need to have a valid WHMCS license.

Furthermore, by attacking the users who pointed this out you gain no favor. Had you reacted in a caring manor that suggested a genuine intent to solve the issue we would have preferred that.

Your provider tag has been removed and you are not eligible to sell on LowEndTalk.

In the future, once you have your house in order, we may consider a new provider tag request via our ticket system -- but please know you will be required to pass a higher degree of scrutiny at that time.

Thanked by 1devp
  • @IziD said:

@lanefu said: like this? :trollface:

For the love of god! At least tell him to wrap it in *.j2

Ha not for 2 setting. Rather just update vendor config inline.