Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24/7 Server Management with Ansible automation to any Linux servers - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

24/7 Server Management with Ansible automation to any Linux servers

124»

Comments

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2021

Some scope for housekeeping.
    Screenshot-2021-10-20-at-6-46-13-PM

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @vyas11 said:
    Some scope for housekeeping.
    Screenshot-2021-10-20-at-6-46-13-PM

I will come back with a genuine license from WHMCS, If that’s is one of the reason of my provider tag withdrawal

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited October 2021

• IziDIziD Member
    edited October 2021

@lanefu said: Ha not for 2 setting. Rather just update vendor config inline.

The lineinfile: is not safe if used as written. Consider a remote that has suffered from different subcontractors:

# PasswordAuthentication          yes
    PasswordAuthentication          definitely # maybe
    PasswordAuthentication     no
                    # My very special indentation
                    PasswordAuthentication yes

If you run the task as suggested, regexp will pick-up only the last match and de-indent the line. It is an excellent module when used sparingly, but for something like sshd_config template is generally safer and always faster.

• @FAT32 said:

@easycomehost said:
    No, we never get banned as we always trying to find a new way in hosting industry. We have started the company recently but in this field with 9 years of experience. So always looking to start a new techology in hosting industry

You definitely got banned before, but for whatever reasons someone unbanned you and got a provider tag despite not fulfilling the requirements, and now trying hard to make up all the posts

I dont even know whats the point of rules at this point.

I will ask again. @jbiloh please explain this.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dosai said:

@FAT32 said:

@easycomehost said:
    No, we never get banned as we always trying to find a new way in hosting industry. We have started the company recently but in this field with 9 years of experience. So always looking to start a new techology in hosting industry

You definitely got banned before, but for whatever reasons someone unbanned you and got a provider tag despite not fulfilling the requirements, and now trying hard to make up all the posts

I dont even know whats the point of rules at this point.

I will ask again. @jbiloh please explain this.

It's a standard template that all applicants fill out inside the support desk when asking for provider tag status. Prior ban may have been overlooked accidentally.

• @jbiloh said:
    It's a standard template that all applicants fill out inside the support desk when asking for provider tag status. Prior ban may have been overlooked accidentally.

Missed nulled WHMCS? Strike 2.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

LET needs traffic. That's pretty much the only reason.

The traffic statistics need to look good on a paper, and this is one of ways to increase the number artificially.

@deank said:
    LET needs traffic. That's pretty much the only reason.

The traffic statistics need to look good on a paper, and this is one of ways to increase the number artificially.

Provider applications have no relationship to traffic considerations.

Obviously easycomehost should not have been given a provider tag, the good news, however, is that it is rectified, so all is well. :)

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited October 2021

@jbiloh said: Prior ban may have been overlooked accidentally.

No one asks about "prior ban". Question is: Why provider that did not have enough posts/topics was granted a provider tag. Because it seems atm that... provider did not have valid WHMCS, did not have enough posts, was banned earlier (and magically unbanned). Like... what of the requirements you guys (no idea who that was) checked when he fails most of them?

Thanked by 1webcraft

@JabJab said:

No one asks about "prior ban". Question is: Why provider that did not have enough posts/topics was granted a provider tag. Because it seems atm that... provider did not have valid WHMCS, did not have enough posts, was banned earlier (and magically unbanned). Like... what of the requirements you guys (no idea who that was) checked when he fails most of them?

I don't think the user was previously banned.

There is another user with a similar name who is banned.

• @jbiloh said:

@JabJab said:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Okey, I give up, this is even too much for me.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@easycomehost said: I never see Ansible is using for Automation in Linux servers, It's a rare thing

That is by far the #1 use of Ansible. Millions are doing this.

This is like saying "I never see people using vi on Unix. It's a rare thing."

Thanked by 2LukeQC bulbasaur
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@easycomehost said:

@yoursunny said:

@easycomehost said:

@yoursunny said:
    Can you make custom playbooks?
    I want to deploy NDNts-video-server to several servers, encode a video, and upload the video to all these servers.
    Can you give a quote for 5 servers?

Do you have the official document which guides NDNts-video-server encoding?

Yes, deployment instructions and encoding commands are in README.md file.
    encode.sh is the encoding script.

Can you guide me the link to download this script?

git clone the repository and the script is in the codebase checkout.

edited October 2021

@JabJab said: Okey, I give up, this is even too much for me.

No one is perfect, obviously an error was made in giving this user a provider tag. That's why when provider tags are awarded users are sent a template approval message that requires them to read the rules and warns them that rule violations will result in revocation.

Honestly I cannot believe that anyone would be dumb enough to use an invalid WHMCS license and then attempt to sell their wares on a public forum. Dopey.

• @jbiloh @dosai @webcraft @JabJab @deank

Apologies for any mistake done from my end. I am not aware that I am using a null license of WHMCS. My provider didn't mentioned it when I purchase the license from them. They just mentioned it's a reseller license. I don't even check it on WHMCS License checker, it's my mistake. I acknowledge it.

I will definitely apply for Provider Tag once I obtained official license from WHMCS.

I got this license when I start my company as a startup , as you know that time I don't have much revenue to spent for an official license, So I get this license from a reseller.

I came to LET to spread my knowledge and my experienments I done on Ansible automation on Web Hosting side. I never see Ansible is commonly used for Hosting purposes. All are using lengthy shell script to accomplish their tasks. Also I am doing server management support to customer worldwide also hire a couple of servers to sell shared hosting services.

I never meant to write annoy comments or harm anyone, I just explain my part. Pardon me if I am wrong.

• @jbiloh said:

What does it mean you "think" that this user wasn't banned? @FAT32 clearly said that this user was banned in the past.

• @easycomehost said:
    @jbiloh @dosai @webcraft @JabJab @deank
    I came to LET to spread my knowledge and my experienments I done on Ansible automation on Web Hosting side

Come on, you're here for business. If you're here to spread knowledge teach us Ansible by releasing your playbooks to the public.

Actually, don't, because as @IziD pointed out your playbooks aren't idempotent and makes bad changes to sshd_config.

edited October 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@jbiloh said:

What does it mean you "think" that this user wasn't banned? @FAT32 clearly said that this user was banned in the past.

When the provider tag was approved the user was not banned. I did not unban him prior to assigning the provider tag -- because if the user was banned when requesting the provider tag obviously that would have sent up a red flag. Vanilla doesn't have a great interface for showing a user's history.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, there is another user, with a similar username who is actively banned.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If I have a choice on who to trust between @Fatty_acid_32 and @J,

I will always take the fatty acid for one simple reason. The former has built his reputation with hard work. The latter has none of that.

• @easycomehost said: I came to LET to spread my knowledge and my experienments I done on Ansible automation on Web Hosting side.

Well, this is admirable. Time to start the "spreading" in a new topic?

• @IziD said:

@lanefu said: Ha not for 2 setting. Rather just update vendor config inline.

The lineinfile: is not safe if used as written. Consider a remote that has suffered from different subcontractors:

# PasswordAuthentication          yes
    PasswordAuthentication          definitely # maybe
    PasswordAuthentication     no
                    # My very special indentation
                    PasswordAuthentication yes

If you run the task as suggested, regexp will pick-up only the last match and de-indent the line. It is an excellent module when used sparingly, but for something like sshd_config template is generally safer and always faster.

yeah fair point. if these are hosts already in service, and has multiple admins.. I'd def use a template and probably even run a test and notify a rollback.

I just use this on freshly provisioned instances.

• You need an Ansible playbook to check WHMCS status and then Ban/Unban a Provider tag.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2021

@sdglhm said:
    You need an Ansible playbook to check WHMCS status and then Ban/Unban a Provider tag.

awesome LET verification:

This domain is not authorized to be using WHMCS.

easycomehost.com is using illegal copy of WHMCS, example:

Thank you for choosing WHMCS!
    27th January 2021
    Welcome to WHMCS! You have made a great choice and we want to help you get up and running as quickly as possible. This is a sample announcement. Announcements are a great way to keep your customers informed about news and special offers. You can edit or delete this announcement by logging into the admin area and navigating to Support > ...

https://www.easycomehost.com/staffportal/index.php?rp=/announcements

So lowendtalk now support piracy.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@WebProject said: So lowendtalk now support piracy.

No, and that's why OP's Provider Tag has been revoked.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DP said: No, and that's why OP's Provider Tag has been revoked.

Good thing the offers were left up. Feeling much more inclusive around here now.

Thanked by 2WebProject james50a
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2021

@DP said:

@WebProject said: So lowendtalk now support piracy.

No, and that's why OP's Provider Tag has been revoked.

the user offer is still available to see for everyone and use his services never mind he is using illegal or nulled version of WHMCS and the user hasn't been banned, anyway reported the issue to lowendtalk and WHMCS.

Unfortunately based above the lowendtalk in this case support piracy!

Thanked by 1webcraft

@jar said:

Good thing the offers were left up. Feeling much more inclusive around here now.

I nuked the original poster's content, good suggestion.

Thanked by 3WebProject jar DP
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jbiloh said:

@jar said:

Don't forget to wipe his sig too while you're at it.

Thanked by 2webcraft WebProject

@DP said:

@jbiloh said:

@jar said:

Don't forget to wipe his sig too while you're at it.

Agreed, done.