Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

providers: how to 2x your revenue (smooth brain)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

providers: how to 2x your revenue (smooth brain)

SirFoxySirFoxy Member
edited October 2021 in General

step 1) put a google / fb pixel on your site.

step 2) if clicks landing page AND does not check out follow around the internet with retargeting ads IF checks out remove from retargeting list

step 2 part b) collect an email before sending them to a whmcs checkout page (lol) IF does not check out follow up with retargeting via email (free vs ads), end the sequence with a discount or trial if they haven't converted after X amount of time.

step 3) convert 2x the amount you previously did by applying basic modern marketing principals.

smooth brain IT style,
you're welcome.

~ foxy

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

How would you recommend implementing the collect an email before sending them to a whmcs checkout page

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 2021

@ezeth said:
    How would you recommend implementing the collect an email before sending them to a whmcs checkout page

It should really be either:

A) A lead magnet.
    B ) A really fucking enticing offer.

But if you're shooting straight for the offer, just break it down as:

"Step 1) Enter your email:"
    Email form here
    * Button, Yes, I want X offer now! *

Then pass the email onto the order form (keep the consistency, title it Step 2), etc), if they don't hit the finalized checkout form aka the thank you page, put them in a follow up sequence.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for reaching out, we will need your name and email to continue.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 2021

@Shakib said:

Thanks for reaching out, we will need your name and email to continue.

Never that. You're missing out on 80% of the cold leads & you're only getting 20%, 10% being warm, 10% being hot.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I figured out which brands offer discounts through retargeting ads.
    Every time I want to buy something from those brands, I open their website, put something in the cart, then abandon the cart.
    Three days later, a discount would show up on Facebook ads.

Some other brands would offer a discount when I move the cursor to the top edge of the webpage.
    That's even faster than waiting for Facebook ads.

• @yoursunny said:
    I figured out which brands offer discounts through retargeting ads.
    Every time I want to buy something from those brands, I open their website, put something in the cart, then abandon the cart.
    Three days later, a discount would show up on Facebook ads.

Some other brands would offer a discount when I move the cursor to the top edge of the webpage.

Yeah, that's retargeting & an exit pop.

The difference is you're intelligent, the majority aren't.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 2021

@SirFoxy said: end the sequence with a discount or trial if they haven't converted after X amount of time.

@yoursunny said: Some other brands would offer a discount when I move the cursor to the top edge of the webpage.

As a customer I use this trick often on many SEO Optimization tools/programs/software/anti-virus etc. on internet. It's simple. visit the landing page. It has some 1st offer of $99 deal with original price as $149, don't click anything for X seconds, some ajax popup appears, and they offer it for $49, get it OR just move your cursor to close the browser window after X seconds and similar type of dirt cheap offer appears. Trick is have patience for it to appear, many users just jump for the 1st offer ($99) and buy it as those are time-bound offers like it will last for next 3 minutes. There's a digital clock too to show the offer-ending time. But many-a-time's there's more discounts like ($49). Hostinger does this type of marketing. They always put the clock that offer will expire in next 1 hour. Surprisingly, any time you visit their landing-page, this offer is still going on for over an year!

Same applies for Avast anti-virus. Click to sign up for premium with their 20% off offer. but don't fill the sign up form. later after X minutes they give a coupon to try it for free for 6 months. Cancel and Repeat with new-registration info next time.

Even Godaddy has this email form offer. Those landing on their Cart page but not buying are sent emaiL with 30 to 35% OFF coupon code in either 24 hours or 3 or 5 days. Many-a-times I just add product to the cart and log-out. After X days, they send a email, hey you've left example.com domain in your cart. get .COM for $1.99 for 1st year, here's coupon.

• @JasonM said:

@SirFoxy said: end the sequence with a discount or trial if they haven't converted after X amount of time.

As a customer I use this trick often on many SEO Optimization tools/programs/software/anti-virus etc. on internet. It's simple. visit the landing page. It has some 1st offer of $99 deal with original price as $149, don't click anything for X seconds, some ajax popup appears, and they offer it for $49, get it OR just move your cursor to close the browser window after X seconds and similar type of dirt cheap offer appears. Trick is have patience for it to appear, many users just jump for the 1st offer ($99) and buy it as those are time-bound offers like it will last for next 3 minutes. There's a digital clock too to show the offer-ending time. But many-a-time's there's more discounts like ($49). Hostinger does this type of marketing. They always put the clock that offer will expire in next 1 hour. Surprisingly, any time you visit their landing-page, this offer is still going on for over an year!

Same applies for Avast anti-virus. Click to sign up for premium with their 20% off offer. but don't fill the sign up form. later after X minutes they give a coupon to try it for free for 6 months. Cancel and Repeat with new-registration info next time.

Even Godaddy has this email form offer. Those landing on their Cart page but not buying are sent emaiL with 30 to 35% OFF coupon code in either 24 hours or 3 or 5 days. Many-a-times I just add product to the cart and log-out. After X days, they send a email, hey you've left example.com domain in your cart. get .COM for $1.99 for 1st year, here's coupon.

It works, that's why they do it. The key to scarcity is to honor the deals, they'll miss out and want it even more.

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited October 2021

@SirFoxy said:

step 2) if clicks landing page AND does not check out follow around the internet with retargeting ads IF checks out remove from retargeting list

step 2 part b) collect an email before sending them to a whmcs checkout page (lol) IF does not check out follow up with retargeting via email (free vs ads), end the sequence with a discount or trial if they haven't converted after X amount of time.

step 3) convert 2x the amount you previously did by applying basic modern marketing principals.

smooth brain IT style,
    you're welcome.

~ foxy

yeah, sure, it could help increase sales, and will be helpful especially for fresh ones

but few remarks:

1. these retargeting ads are not free

2. many users, especially tech savvy ones (i.e. here on LET) don't give a shit about ads as they are blocking all of them to the ground

3. for EU if fresh user did not accept TOS (which is usually on final confirmation order page), than you have no legal right to store, process nor make use of his data (it is basics of GDPR!!!)

4. adding extra step to complete order make this process longer, and could decrease conversion ratio (customers expect to make it fast, and impatient ones could abandon multiphase forms)

5. many small scale providers here work as one man show/business so they have no time for such games, and large scale players already know these hacks/tricks, have specialized sales departments and use CRM tools like Salesforce which already have it all implemented and much more

6. they will be more effective for B2C, and less effective for B2B (as for example dedicated server is not a consumer commodity and is rather bought for company usage not by private consumers, and business decisions are less based on emotions/ads)

7. adding tracking pixels can trigger privacy sensitive users (imagine super secure VPN provider for paranoids claiming that they collect no logs about you, and you see that they are tracking you by ads/emails...)

• @Andrews said:

@SirFoxy said:

smooth brain IT style,
    you're welcome.

~ foxy

yeah, sure, it could help increase sales, and will be helpful especially for fresh ones

but few remarks:

1. these retargeting ads are not free

2. many users, especially tech savvy ones (i.e. here on LET) don't give a shit about ads as they are blocking all of them to the ground

3. for EU if fresh user did not accept TOS (which is usually on final confirmation order page), than you have no legal right to store, process nor make use of his data (it is basics of GDPR!!!)

4. adding extra step to complete order make this process longer, and could decrease conversion ratio (customers expect to make it fast, and impatient ones could abandon multiphase forms)

5. many small scale providers here work as one man show/business so they have no time for such games, and large scale players already know these hacks/tricks, have specialized sales departments and use CRM tools like Salesforce which already have it all implemented and much more

6. they will be more effective for B2C, and less effective for B2B (as for example dedicated server is not a consumer commodity and is rather bought for company usage not by private consumers, and business decisions are less based on emotions/ads)

7. adding tracking pixels can trigger privacy sensitive users (imagine super secure VPN provider for paranoids claiming that they collect no logs about you, and you see that they are tracking you by ads/emails...)

1) obviously, fucking dweeb.
    2) good ads appeal to their audience.
    3) no one cares about the EU.
    4) "extra steps" like people don't expect to insert their email on checkout.
    5) small scale is who I put onto game, large scale providers have literally reached out to me over what I've posted here.
    6) still effective for B2B, change the lead magnet.
    7) literally no one cares that much in masses.

• @SirFoxy said: 3) no one cares about the EU.

No. You are wrong.

• @kinapiteo said:

@SirFoxy said: 3) no one cares about the EU.

No. You are wrong.

ur weasel and are from australia

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Thanks for the guide on how to optimize milking us consumer animals ...

Thanked by 1kinapiteo
  • @jsg said:
    Thanks for the guide on how to optimize milking us consumer animals ...

♥️ u jsg ur not a consumer, ur a creator.

• Baseball bat + mouth of pedestrians and remember do it nearby your dental practice ;)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

lol

Providers will care if they get sued due to a GDPR violation (or CCPA if the customer is from California)... For GDPR the fine can be up to 4% of global revenue. Providers have to comply with GDPR for customers from the EU even if their business is not based in the EU, so the only alternative is to block the whole EU (and California) from using their services, or just don't collect PII without explicit consent for the use cases you're going to use it for.

Thanked by 1kinapiteo
  • @Daniel15 said:

lol

Providers will care if they get sued due to a GDPR violation (or CCPA if the customer is from California)... For GDPR the fine can be up to 4% of global revenue. Providers have to comply with GDPR for customers from the EU even if their business is not based in the EU, so the only alternative is to block the whole EU (and California) from using their services, or just don't collect PII without explicit consent for the use cases you're going to use it for.

You work at Facebook.

edited November 2021

@SirFoxy I'm not sure how that's relevant... All FAANG companies are GDPR compliant, and I'd guess all of them (or at least Google and FB) have mandatory privacy training that covers important things to know when building new features in a GDPR-compliant way.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

GDPR is a useless argument.

Fuck yea, 'merica.

The end is nigh..

• @Daniel15 said:
    @SirFoxy I'm not sure how that's relevant... All FAANG companies are GDPR compliant, and I'd guess all of them (or at least Google and FB) have mandatory privacy training that covers important things to know when building new features in a GDPR-compliant way.

Google and FB are literally data mining companies. Facebook itself has leaked data countless amounts of times.

edited November 2021

@SirFoxy said: Google and FB are literally data mining companies.

and both are GDPR compliant, so I'm still not sure what your point is. Even with GDPR, you can collect data with consent, as long as you only use it for the original purposes the user consented to, or ask them for consent to do other things with it.

@SirFoxy said: Facebook itself has leaked data countless amounts of times.

A lot of "leaks" are just people scraping publicly-available data. The last leak was probably Cambridge Analytica which was due to APIs that were too open. That's why all the APIs are locked down now, require manual approval for particular endpoints, don't return friends' data, and AFAIK APIs that return any user-related data mandate on-disk encryption before usage is approved. The original idea with having friends data in the API was to make sites more social - for example Spotify could show songs your friends have recently listened to, if they opt-in to that feature.

• @Daniel15 said:

@SirFoxy said: Google and FB are literally data mining companies.

and both are GDPR compliant, so I'm still not sure what your point is. Even with GDPR, you can collect data with consent, as long as you only use it for the original purposes the user consented to, or ask them for consent to do other things with it.

@SirFoxy said: Facebook itself has leaked data countless amounts of times.

A lot of "leaks" are just people scraping publicly-available data. The last leak was probably Cambridge Analytica which was due to APIs that were too open. That's why all the APIs are locked down now, require manual approval for particular endpoints, don't return friends' data, and AFAIK APIs that return any user-related data mandate on-disk encryption before usage is approved. The original idea with having friends data in the API was to make sites more social - for example Spotify could show songs your friends have recently listened to, if they opt-in to that feature.

GDPR went into effect in 2018.

The last FB leak exposing hundreds of millions of peoples personal info is in 2019.

I agree GDPR is pointless but you cant say you support data privacy, which is the point of GDPR, and work at FB, a company that solely exists to mine data and has released personal info countless times. Acting like FB is even somewhat in support of data privacy is comical, I get you work there, but you're smarter than that.

edited November 2021

@SirFoxy said: The last FB leak exposing hundreds of millions of peoples personal info is in 2019.

Are you sure it was a leak and not just a public data scrape? No anti-scraping systems are perfect, and I think the one you're talking about was entirely public profile data.

@SirFoxy said: Acting like FB is even somewhat in support of data privacy is comical,

If you actually saw all the work being done around privacy, and how many months went into auditing everything for GDPR compliance, I really think you'd think otherwise...

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @SirFoxy said:

@Andrews said:

3) no one cares about the EU.

https://tessian.com/blog/biggest-gdpr-fines-2020/

• I love the FB retargetting ads ;)

My local ISP does promotions for new customers.
    It's so badly managed, that they also retarget old customers like me .

The trick is that I leave a comment like
    "Save 15€ extra, use my referral code XXXX"

So much so that the 0.00 € bills are regular ;p

Thanked by 2Daniel15 SirFoxy
  • This is totally not the way to do it

1) get their IP
    2) convert IP to an Address
    3) drive to their address
    4) knock at the door, ask them to please give you money
    5) go home, convert Address to phone number
    6) call phone number and demand more money
    7) win

Thanked by 1idleparty
  • @KermEd said:
    This is totally not the way to do it

1) get their IP
    2) convert IP to an Address
    3) drive to their address
    4) knock at the door, ask them to please give you money
    5) go home, convert Address to phone number
    6) call phone number and demand more money
    7) win

4 and 6 are backwards.

• @Andrews said: many users, especially tech savvy ones (i.e. here on LET) don't give a shit about ads as they are blocking all of them to the ground

Most providers (good ones anyway) do not rely on LET to sell their services. Only summer hosts, small timers who last a few months care about LET to sell.

• @noobjockeys said:

@Andrews said: many users, especially tech savvy ones (i.e. here on LET) don't give a shit about ads as they are blocking all of them to the ground

Most providers (good ones anyway) do not rely on LET to sell their services. Only summer hosts, small timers who last a few months care about LET to sell.

Wrong. There are multiple examples of old timers who still give offers on LET.

• @TimboJones said:
    4 and 6 are backwards.

Doh!