Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


providers: how to 2x your revenue (smooth brain)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

providers: how to 2x your revenue (smooth brain)

SirFoxySirFoxy Member
edited October 8 in General

step 1) put a google / fb pixel on your site.

step 2) if clicks landing page AND does not check out follow around the internet with retargeting ads IF checks out remove from retargeting list

step 2 part b) collect an email before sending them to a whmcs checkout page (lol) IF does not check out follow up with retargeting via email (free vs ads), end the sequence with a discount or trial if they haven't converted after X amount of time.

step 3) convert 2x the amount you previously did by applying basic modern marketing principals.

smooth brain IT style,
you're welcome.

~ foxy

Comments

  • ezethezeth Member, Provider

    How would you recommend implementing the collect an email before sending them to a whmcs checkout page

  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 8

    @ezeth said:
    How would you recommend implementing the collect an email before sending them to a whmcs checkout page

    It should really be either:

    A) A lead magnet.
    B ) A really fucking enticing offer.

    But if you're shooting straight for the offer, just break it down as:

    "Step 1) Enter your email:"
    Email form here
    * Button, Yes, I want X offer now! *

    Then pass the email onto the order form (keep the consistency, title it Step 2), etc), if they don't hit the finalized checkout form aka the thank you page, put them in a follow up sequence.

  • ShakibShakib Member, Provider

    Thanks for reaching out, we will need your name and email to continue.

    Thanked by 1maverickp

    HostCram LLC - Web Hosting Built For Speed, Reliability, Security & Uptime! [We operate AS39618]

  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 8

    @Shakib said:

    Thanks for reaching out, we will need your name and email to continue.

    Never that. You're missing out on 80% of the cold leads & you're only getting 20%, 10% being warm, 10% being hot.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    I figured out which brands offer discounts through retargeting ads.
    Every time I want to buy something from those brands, I open their website, put something in the cart, then abandon the cart.
    Three days later, a discount would show up on Facebook ads.

    Some other brands would offer a discount when I move the cursor to the top edge of the webpage.
    That's even faster than waiting for Facebook ads.

    Register now: NDNts-video presentation at NDN Community Meeting, Oct 28 19:50-21:00 UTC, stories behind the push-ups

  • @yoursunny said:
    I figured out which brands offer discounts through retargeting ads.
    Every time I want to buy something from those brands, I open their website, put something in the cart, then abandon the cart.
    Three days later, a discount would show up on Facebook ads.

    Some other brands would offer a discount when I move the cursor to the top edge of the webpage.
    That's even faster than waiting for Facebook ads.

    Yeah, that's retargeting & an exit pop.

    The difference is you're intelligent, the majority aren't.

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 8

    @SirFoxy said: end the sequence with a discount or trial if they haven't converted after X amount of time.

    @yoursunny said: Some other brands would offer a discount when I move the cursor to the top edge of the webpage.

    That's even faster than waiting for Facebook ads.

    As a customer I use this trick often on many SEO Optimization tools/programs/software/anti-virus etc. on internet. It's simple. visit the landing page. It has some 1st offer of $99 deal with original price as $149, don't click anything for X seconds, some ajax popup appears, and they offer it for $49, get it OR just move your cursor to close the browser window after X seconds and similar type of dirt cheap offer appears. Trick is have patience for it to appear, many users just jump for the 1st offer ($99) and buy it as those are time-bound offers like it will last for next 3 minutes. There's a digital clock too to show the offer-ending time. But many-a-time's there's more discounts like ($49). Hostinger does this type of marketing. They always put the clock that offer will expire in next 1 hour. Surprisingly, any time you visit their landing-page, this offer is still going on for over an year!

    Same applies for Avast anti-virus. Click to sign up for premium with their 20% off offer. but don't fill the sign up form. later after X minutes they give a coupon to try it for free for 6 months. Cancel and Repeat with new-registration info next time.

    Even Godaddy has this email form offer. Those landing on their Cart page but not buying are sent emaiL with 30 to 35% OFF coupon code in either 24 hours or 3 or 5 days. Many-a-times I just add product to the cart and log-out. After X days, they send a email, hey you've left example.com domain in your cart. get .COM for $1.99 for 1st year, here's coupon.

  • @JasonM said:

    @SirFoxy said: end the sequence with a discount or trial if they haven't converted after X amount of time.

    As a customer I use this trick often on many SEO Optimization tools/programs/software/anti-virus etc. on internet. It's simple. visit the landing page. It has some 1st offer of $99 deal with original price as $149, don't click anything for X seconds, some ajax popup appears, and they offer it for $49, get it OR just move your cursor to close the browser window after X seconds and similar type of dirt cheap offer appears. Trick is have patience for it to appear, many users just jump for the 1st offer ($99) and buy it as those are time-bound offers like it will last for next 3 minutes. There's a digital clock too to show the offer-ending time. But many-a-time's there's more discounts like ($49). Hostinger does this type of marketing. They always put the clock that offer will expire in next 1 hour. Surprisingly, any time you visit their landing-page, this offer is still going on for over an year!

    Same applies for Avast anti-virus. Click to sign up for premium with their 20% off offer. but don't fill the sign up form. later after X minutes they give a coupon to try it for free for 6 months. Cancel and Repeat with new-registration info next time.

    Even Godaddy has this email form offer. Those landing on their Cart page but not buying are sent emaiL with 30 to 35% OFF coupon code in either 24 hours or 3 or 5 days. Many-a-times I just add product to the cart and log-out. After X days, they send a email, hey you've left example.com domain in your cart. get .COM for $1.99 for 1st year, here's coupon.

    It works, that's why they do it. The key to scarcity is to honor the deals, they'll miss out and want it even more.

  • AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited October 8

    @SirFoxy said:
    step 1) put a google / fb pixel on your site.

    step 2) if clicks landing page AND does not check out follow around the internet with retargeting ads IF checks out remove from retargeting list

    step 2 part b) collect an email before sending them to a whmcs checkout page (lol) IF does not check out follow up with retargeting via email (free vs ads), end the sequence with a discount or trial if they haven't converted after X amount of time.

    step 3) convert 2x the amount you previously did by applying basic modern marketing principals.

    smooth brain IT style,
    you're welcome.

    ~ foxy

    yeah, sure, it could help increase sales, and will be helpful especially for fresh ones

    but few remarks:

    1. these retargeting ads are not free

    2. many users, especially tech savvy ones (i.e. here on LET) don't give a shit about ads as they are blocking all of them to the ground

    3. for EU if fresh user did not accept TOS (which is usually on final confirmation order page), than you have no legal right to store, process nor make use of his data (it is basics of GDPR!!!)

    4. adding extra step to complete order make this process longer, and could decrease conversion ratio (customers expect to make it fast, and impatient ones could abandon multiphase forms)

    5. many small scale providers here work as one man show/business so they have no time for such games, and large scale players already know these hacks/tricks, have specialized sales departments and use CRM tools like Salesforce which already have it all implemented and much more

    6. they will be more effective for B2C, and less effective for B2B (as for example dedicated server is not a consumer commodity and is rather bought for company usage not by private consumers, and business decisions are less based on emotions/ads)

    7. adding tracking pixels can trigger privacy sensitive users (imagine super secure VPN provider for paranoids claiming that they collect no logs about you, and you see that they are tracking you by ads/emails...)

    Thanked by 1TimboJones
Sign In or Register to comment.