Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel pricing - 2022 edition
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel pricing - 2022 edition

AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Looks like this will be a re-occurring event. Just received the following:

Here at cPanel, we are passionate about providing the most reliable and intuitive website and server management platform on the market. In our continued efforts to increase performance, scalability, support, usability, and UI modernization, we are contacting you today to notify you of a pricing adjustment that will take effect January 1, 2022.
We understand technology modernization, as well as innovation, are of key interest to our customers. In 2021 we have delivered:
Increased performance through NGINX® and the ability to isolate email servers with the Mail Nodes feature
Broad Linux support through AlmaLinux OS
Ease of management through DNS Zone Manager and live transfers
Ease of use features including Exchange ActiveSync to synchronize email, calendar, and contacts
In 2022, you can look forward to our new modernized interface, Ubuntu® support, and much more. We are excited to share our upcoming roadmap with you very soon.
For a comprehensive view of our plans and pricing, click here to download our 2022 Pricing Guide.
Thank you for your continued business and trust. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.

https://cpanel.net/direct-store-customer-faq/?utm_source=pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pricing_2022

Comments

• Same shit, different year.

Thanked by 2Waldo19 AlwaysSkint
  • Just received the same message. And a couple minutes later Plesk has sent a similar message. This has been a tradition.

• Pricing Questions
    What is the license pricing for store customers as of January 1, 2022?
    The exact increase depends on the specific product. The 2022 Store Licensing Guides can be downloaded here.

Perfect :-D

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1SinV
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

What is the price now?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

They are really passionate about raising prices for sure.

Thanked by 2TimboJones niceboy
  • interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2021

Admin $13.50 > $15
    Pro $19 > $21
    Plus $27 > $30
    Premier $34.50 > $38
    Over 100 accounts: $.175 > $.20

Looks like a 10% increase.

Thanked by 2Aluminat fbmy

Plesk is next.

You didn't read this from here first.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

What’s the price difference on current partner pricing?

• visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2021

Yes it's again :(

• I'm so glad I moved away from cPanel to a homegrown panel.

edited September 2021

@interservermike said:

Admin $13.50 > $15
    Pro $19 > $21
    Plus $27 > $30
    Premier $34.50 > $38
    Over 100 accounts: $.175 > $.20

Looks like a 10% increase.

That's not bad. It's on pair with inflation. I see no reason not to switch to an alternative panel though. Cpanel is shit anyways

Thanked by 2JamesF Ganonk
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@JamesF said:
    What’s the price difference on current partner pricing?

It's 10% increase.

Thanked by 1JamesF
    edited September 2021

Paypal and cpanel are two things we should all just throw in the garbage.

Stripe checkout is a great alternative
    Apiscp and their wordpress manager is even better than cpanel, (but their file manager, dashboard is garbage)

Thanked by 2Waldo19 kaz050457
  • cPanel being cPanel again…

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

I've got rid of almost all my Cpanel hosts. I think I have 1 left. Fuck Cpanel.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:
    Plesk is next.

You didn't read this from here first.

10% on them too.

Francisco

• visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2021

Still most of corporate use cPanel for first option

• For consumer, cPanel is de facto standard. It is good panel. For provider it is PITA. Yet again, if you charge for 10GB shared hosting 20€/month than why the fuck not to use cPanel.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Inb4 10% on whmcs too

Thanked by 1vyas11
    edited September 2021

@Jord said:
    Inb4 10% on whmcs too

waiting for referral program @Matteh then I'll you can have another 750USD :)

In before monthly price increase.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I wonder, is that they are not making profit they anticipated for or they are just being really really sh*tty corporate those wants to please their shareholder at any cost by showing performance even if it is on cost of loosing market share.

• Not sure why anyone would be surprised by this. Annual increases were clearly the way forward. It's simple really. They increase the cost of their service, you need to increase the cost of yours, eat the difference or use a different panel.

Those with the right business for cPanel will be fine, for everyone else there are plenty of choices. Well DA really.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

So what's the viable alternative? Directadmin?

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

aa yea, got this surprise e-mail aswell. just wondering how money eager one company can be? they rise prices like twice in a year or what?

• @Radi said:
    So what's the viable alternative? Directadmin?

There are always cPanal and something else, I hope this will change soon…

• BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited September 2021

Time to get my market share. Probably :)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited September 2021

@Lee said: Not sure why anyone would be surprised by this. Annual increases were clearly the way forward.

Right... Annual increases are common in many industries so I'm not sure why it's a surprise? I agree that they overcharge, but the company would be experiencing rising costs too (salaries, property taxes, utilities like electricity and water, etc all go up year over year) and they likely want to keep at least the same margins to make investors happy.

Thanked by 1vero