Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosterlabs closing their VPS business -- apply for a refund now.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosterlabs closing their VPS business -- apply for a refund now.

brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

This...

@Hosterlabs said: I will share with you what he have planned for this months:

Solved all ticket situations, fix all automation that might be failing and process refunds.
Create a Gatsby Website
Upgrade WHMCS
Migrate servers to our own DC with our own equipment.
Hire special support team.
Add new servers and grow back.

...didn't age well. I can't find an official announcement, but I just got this in response to one of my tickets:

We will not longer be providing virtual servers and support thereof. Please contact us at [email protected] to help with refund requests.

Best Regards,

Hosterlabs Team

So... let's see how the refunds go.

Comments

• Exit scam or legit deadpool?

• Docter, are you here?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@LTniger said:
    Exit scam or legit deadpool?

If he actually refunds then it isn't an exit scam.

Francisco

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Their automation is diligently reminding me to pay for SolusIO consumption in August, for a server that's already paid annually and supposedly terminated in early August.

I don't want a refund.
    I paid for the service with free credit that can only be spent on SolusIO.
    They no longer offer SolusIO, so refund would be useless.

• Well .. RIP

Was fun while it lasted. Anyone know of another provider that provides KVM VPS in the same DC as hosterlabs? It's Hive Data Center in Montreal.

Thanks!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

HosterLeft?

• Joined May 2020 , so at least they lasted for a year :smile:

• aRNoLDaRNoLD Member
    edited September 2021

machine disconnected/terminated in auguest.

submitted a ticket last month, actually 30 days ago, but with no reply.

They only close the ticket after some time. There is no further response concerning the refund or the unavailability of the machine which should expire on Dec. 28, 2021, a quarter ahead.

so have to leave it alone. not a professional way in dealing with existing customers.

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Well .. RIP

Was fun while it lasted. Anyone know of another provider that provides KVM VPS in the same DC as hosterlabs? It's Hive Data Center in Montreal.

Thanks!

☝ id like that too

• The end is nigh

• Got a $12/yr vps from them back in January '21. It was 2 months ago since I opened a ticket with them about the server cant be managed thru their WHMCS, only had one reply and never again. Server was still working ok tho until now. I wonder if it will last till the end of the billing period.

• chargeback while still possible.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@cybertech said: chargeback while still possible.

If they were properly exiting the business, they'd make a public announcement. In that case, assuming a refund was made in a timely fashion, a chargeback would be inappropriate.

But since they're only mentioning it in a ticket response...and people are reporting systems down for an extended period...and their web site is a bit funky at present...

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-17-36-44

@Hosterlabs

• @raindog308 said:

@cybertech said: chargeback while still possible.

If they were properly exiting the business, they'd make a public announcement. In that case, assuming a refund was made in a timely fashion, a chargeback would be inappropriate.

But since they're only mentioning it in a ticket response...and people are reporting systems down for an extended period...and their web site is a bit funky at present...

Screen-Shot-2021-09-19-at-17-36-44

@Hosterlabs

im sorry to say this whole thing looks like a repeat of cociu chronicles.

• Dear XXXX,

Dear XXXX,

We are noticing you and letting you know that as of the 1st of October all virtual private servers will stop functioning. This alert should give you 10 days to perform any necessary migration.

Refunds for the remaining time shall be submitted as PayPal disputes if under 180 days. If the payment you have made is not via PayPal , for example, via stripe or is over 180 days kindly send an e-mail to [email protected] (or respond to this e-mail) with the proposed refund amount, PayPal e-mail or transaction ID if you used any other payment method.

Best Regards,

Hosterlabs Team.

Just got this on my email. :(

• kugyokugyo Member
    edited September 2021

They sent me such an email. :'(

• Received same email today

• Ouf. There goes my canada server with unmetered bandwidth for just $1/m.

Anyone else have a recommendation for the same price and performance? I doubt tho anyone can match that pricing since its also on promotion when I got it.

• They're asking people to submit PayPal disputes? What benefit does that render them?

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@caracal said:
    They're asking people to submit PayPal disputes? What benefit does that render them?

getting their paypal account suspended i guess

• @bruh21 said: getting their paypal account suspended i guess

I smell so. Also, dispute will take much more time than just a refund.

• im curious, if their account is empty, disputes will be refunded from Paypal own pocket?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@bruh21 said:

@caracal said:
    They're asking people to submit PayPal disputes? What benefit does that render them?

getting their paypal account suspended i guess

It's possible the account is $0 (they cashed out/ran dry) and chargebacks are allowed to put it negative. Users can get their cash back and paypal is potentially left holding the bag.

Paypal can 'we went in your favor but theres no cash to pay you' as well.

Francisco

• Maybe @Francisco can do Canada later but I doubt that for the unlimited bandwidth.

• Luckily I paid semi-annually.

It was a really good service at that time.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Might be possible if enough people doing chargebacks that PayPal has locked the account.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I seriously doubt any money can be recouped from paypal at this point.

• fastest fingers first!