Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosterlabs terminating services in Germany and IPv6-only services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosterlabs terminating services in Germany and IPv6-only services

brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

This just came in...

Dear ,

Re: IPv6 Power

We are no longer supporting this service anymore on the location (Germany or IPv6 Only ) you chose it. We inform you it will be automatically terminated at the end of it's billing cycle or at most the 13 of August 2021

For a refund kindly write an e-mail to [email protected] or reply to this e-mail if you ordered annual services so we create a pro-rated discount. Alternatively you might open a PayPal refund request which we will accept. Kindly put your transaction ID and date of service creation as well as cost on the reply.

[...]

You can also open a ticket for faster processing. Please note a refund might take up to 7-14 business days to reflect.

We thank you for your business.

Best Regards,

Hosterlabs Team.

No further explanation, nothing. Quite disappointing, to be honest.

For Germany, it makes some sense as they use Hetzner (afaik). For the IPv6-only services... no idea. The IPv6-only services run on OVH BHS just like some of their regular plans.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2021

Probably due to Hetzner IPv4 increase (like you said) 😅

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Yes, but why the OVH IPv6 service?

• @aiden1 said:
    Yes, but why the OVH IPv6 service?

Because they are both based on the SolusIO platform, which as for now has failed to deliver the results we were looking and has caused immense amounts of workload/trouble with incompatibilities, bugs, failed creations. The software is not mature enough and it is not being developed as fast as we wish.

• Do you move the users to SolusVM VM non-IO or anything else, or just complete terminated?

• And I got my IPv4 server in Canada cancled (from last BF I think). No further details. I'm really disappointed.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • HosterlabsHosterlabs Member
    edited August 2021

@aiden1 said:
    Do you move the users to SolusVM VM non-IO or anything else, or just complete terminated?

Impossible to do both ways. No SolusVM -> SolusIO , no SolusiO -> SolusVM

• @smarty24 said:
    And I got my IPv4 server in Canada cancled (from last BF I think). No further details. I'm really disappointed.

I am sorry, after the data breach we have had to do some serious restructuring.

• Did solus labs really release a new product that was completely incompatible and non migratable from their other products? wtf

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Hosterlabs said:

@aiden1 said:
    Do you move the users to SolusVM VM non-IO or anything else, or just complete terminated?

Impossible to do both ways. No SolusVM -> SolusIO , no SolusiO -> SolusVM

Wouldn't it be possible to create new, empty VMs in SolusVM, let people migrate their stuff and remove their SolusIO VMs?

I'm just surprised that you're offering a refund as the only option. The whole email doesn't sound like you're really interested in keeping your customers holding IPv6-only services or services hosted in Germany.

• @Hosterlabs said:

@smarty24 said:
    And I got my IPv4 server in Canada cancled (from last BF I think). No further details. I'm really disappointed.

Sorry, don't understand your reason for canceling my VPS service hosted at OVH in Canada. For me it looks like you don't like your old BF offers any more which were really great.

• @smarty24 said:

@Hosterlabs said:

@smarty24 said:

Sorry, don't understand your reason for canceling my VPS service hosted at OVH in Canada. For me it looks like you don't like your old BF offers any more which were really great.

Seems like it..

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

the important part is to be upfront about why you are making these changes, people will take it a lot better if you explain why instead of making them come on here to find out why

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, I guess due to the data leak, he also leaked costumers.
    Due to this, he cuts corners.

But I don't get why in the first place, you put the cheapest offers on Solus IO which is more expensive than SolusVM.

• AoiAoi Member
    edited August 2021

Disappointing, I had successfully ordered IPv6 Only annual services with Recurring Discount in a recent promotion, and now I am told that I can only use it until 13 of August 2021 at most, I think I will wait for good news...

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Ympker said:
    Probably due to Hetzner IPv4 increase (like you said) 😅

Current customers don't increase until January.

Good luck to the customers.

Francisco

• disappointing +1 :'(

• HosterlabsHosterlabs Member
    edited August 2021

The problems we had were:

• IPv6 was never really profitable and it was intended to be a "push" for IPv6 services. It was not profitable because we never reached the desired scale of customers. We decided to subsidize those servers and services because we see the future on IPv6, yet this is too soon and the market is not yet ready for this.
    • German Servers were also not profitable and we just could not continue offering something that was unprofitable. We saw also the price increase and just plain out decided to drop Hetzner as our provider.
    • Both servers are on SolusIO from which we have had countless tickets and situations regarding it's support. And sometimes we are blamed as "fake advertisers" because we deliver a /80 block but the customer only gets a /128 because of SolusIO. We get countless billing situations, token issues, etc... The system is so complex and often just randomly refuses to shut down servers, has problems with rescue .iso's, additional IP's. It is just plainly a mess.

Our team has had personal problems that has made less available this time, so we are cutting back services that remain unprofitable to hire a special team that can handle customer care with more efficiency and care towards all our customers. One of the main problems is that we are unable to work together, because I personally moved to germany to continue my studies on computer science and he is working from Mexico. So we can not meet just like before to sort issues out.

Also, we have been struggling this past to weeks with WHMCS problems, where after an upgrade to version 8.2 the database became corrupted. Random invoices of -289 dollars were created, some customers could not login, suspensions were messed up. So we were forced tor establish the backup prior to the upgrade and mark manually all the hundreds of transactions that were made.

We also deleted the entire website on Wordpress and we are working on a Gatsby website, while managing hundreds of refunds, fixing messed up situations from suspended services and yet facing further e-mail issues.

We did not send this per e-mail because people would be afraid we would "Deadpool" but this is in fact not true. We have the operational cash flow to continue and actually income wise we have never been better. But if we want to hire a team we really need to cut on where we are lacking.

So the Idea we had (Me and my business partner) was to think, go a step back, reorganize, think about the issues we are having and how to solve them and then go back with full force. So yes, we stopped 0.74$/Month offers but not annual ones.

I will share with you what he have planned for this months:

1. Solved all ticket situations, fix all automation that might be failing and process refunds.
    2. Create a Gatsby Website
    3. Upgrade WHMCS
    4. Migrate servers to our own DC with our own equipment.
    5. Hire special support team.
    6. Add new servers and grow back.

From the 15 of August we will be taking in a new staff member that needs to be trained for all situations. He will provide additional assistance on website creation. We also intend to take on another computer scientists on our team, but she would also need to be trained. As computer scientists they only know about algorithms/computers/CPU's/ etc.. but they are really no sysadmins so they need to be trained.

Thanks for your honesty. Everything makes much more sense now.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@brueggus said:
    Thanks for your honesty. Everything makes much more sense now.

This ^ it's nice to see an honest reply when things take a turn as above. Best of luck going into the future.

• I also had a VPS from them and got this email. Problem is they cancelled it before end of billing. I wouldn't trust them anymore

Re: Buen Fin 1

We are no longer supporting this service anymore on the location you chose it. We inform you it will be automatically terminated at the end of it's billing cycle.

• Thanks @Hosterlabs - sometimes it´s better to step back and restart again.

But it still doesn´t explain the situtation with canceled Canadian servers. I´m paying yearly and it´s no IPv6 thing. So it looks like you are cutting down all specials and even yearly offers. This point is missing in your explanation.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • g519g519 Member

Once again they have terminated my vps for "Overdue on Payment", which of course, is wrong. And I cant log into the control panel to send a ticket. Sent an email from their live chat thing though. sigh..

• @Hosterlabs said: Hire special support team

SAS? MI6?

• edited August 2021

Beautiful, now I can no longer log into my account. Luckily my VPS is somehow still up (in budget Montreal)

Only if they have sent an email or something to let us know about changes that they are doing. Not a good look if I have to come on here to find out whats going on with a provider.

@NobodyInteresting said:

Beautiful, now I can no longer log into my account. Luckily my VPS is somehow still up (in budget Montreal)

Do you use https://hosterlabs.net/panel/login with our without www. ? For some reason, the login doesn't seem to work with www. ...

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @brueggus said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Do you use https://hosterlabs.net/panel/login with our without www. ? For some reason, the login doesn't seem to work with www. ...

You are correct. Removed the www and its working now. Thank you!!

Strange! :-)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited August 2021

@smarty24 said:
    it looks like you are cutting down all specials and even yearly offers.

Monthly plans are most profitable, you know.
    Those "$6.9/year any service" isn't really sustainable, you know.
    My $6.9 order was cancelled because of "out of stock", but I bet there would be stock if I was paying full price.

Did I mention that CPU allowance was reduced from 75% to 18%?

• @brueggus said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Thanks , correct

@brueggus said: will be automatically terminated at the end of it's billing cycle or at most the 13 of August 2021

Seems like we're speeding things up: My server got involucrated earlier today. :(