Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations

Comments

• Yes,I meet a little problem, out of stock in LAX, so mingrated to Chicago. Solved via ticket about 2 days ago.
    Just checked the order again, it is still 'pending' , however, I can see in order details, ip alloced already, maybe it is deploying now.. Will wait.

@VirMach said:

@lyessure said:
    I placed the order on 16th, but it is stll 'pending...'
    When about it will be deployed? @VirMach

All of these would have been deployed by now if you ordered on the 16th, unless an issue came up in which case there would be communication in a ticket.

And actually there's only one person waiting since the 16th and a ticket does exist where there was communication, with it being 48 hours (not business hours, since it was the weekend) in about 2 hours from now, from the time the issue was resolved/the order was put in. I would expect to receive it sometime around then.

• @VirMach said:

@Milehighwalrus said:
    @VirMach how is the bandwidth counted, is the 10TB for both ingress and egress?

Yes, both, but once they're migrated it may end up being counted only in one direction depending on how we set it up.

Awsome, thanks for the answer. I put an order in this morning, if all goes well it should be up within the next 2-3 days, correct?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Milehighwalrus said:

@VirMach said:

@Milehighwalrus said:

Yes, both, but once they're migrated it may end up being counted only in one direction depending on how we set it up.

Awsome, thanks for the answer. I put an order in this morning, if all goes well it should be up within the next 2-3 days, correct?

If all goes well you'll probably have it by tonight, but latest +2 days, yes. And if things go really wrong, it could be a little bit longer based on how long it takes to communicate.

Thanked by 1Milehighwalrus
  • So if I understood this correctly, regardless of whichever product ordered, they'll end up having a 2 x 1TB SSD?

• @VirMach said:

@Milehighwalrus said:

@VirMach said:

@Milehighwalrus said:

If all goes well you'll probably have it by tonight, but latest +2 days, yes. And if things go really wrong, it could be a little bit longer based on how long it takes to communicate.

Very cool, thanks again for the answers. Hoping my luck is good and I can get it by tonight! :)

Thanked by 1VirMach

@malignify said:
    So if I understood this correctly, regardless of whichever product ordered, they'll end up having a 2 x 1TB SSD?

Correct.

Thanked by 1malignify
  • @VirMach couple more questions if you don't mind. What version of esxi are you guys deploying on these? Also is there a way to track the deployment progress? Or is the server just gonna magically come up and I'll get an email about it?

@Milehighwalrus said:
    @VirMach couple more questions if you don't mind. What version of esxi are you guys deploying on these? Also is there a way to track the deployment progress? Or is the server just gonna magically come up and I'll get an email about it?

I'm actually not sure, I think I've done ESXi maybe once or twice myself but I usually don't handle that. It also seems to be very finnicky at the beginning and by default seems to want to block everyone very quickly.

There's no pizza delivery tracker on the servers, unfortunately.

Thanked by 1Milehighwalrus
  • @skorous said:

@TimboJones said: "plus is that it has graphics" this needs to become a meme on LET. I thought you needed to passthrough graphics cards to a VM, so I'm not getting the end user benefit for a better iGPU vs a previous intel server. I think I've installed a Linux desktop manager like once in a dozen years on a public provider, so not sure the demand to waste so much RAM that isn't primarily used as a desktop daily machine.

Dedicated hardware being used as a Plex server? Does not the 1245v2/4650G accelerate transcoding?

Ah shit, was thinking only in VPS sense and not dedicated, that makes sense now.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

what will the ddos protection after migration be like? more or less protection?

• What will happen with the price of the 32GB packages after the migration? I’m mainly interested in the Ryzen upgrade but could use the 32GB ram now. The cheapest option would be the E3-HDL (27$) but will the E3-HD remain at 31$ after Ryzen upgrade with no real benefits (since that is going to be 32GB Ram anyway)?

@henkynl said:
    What will happen with the price of the 32GB packages after the migration? I’m mainly interested in the Ryzen upgrade but could use the 32GB ram now. The cheapest option would be the E3-HDL (27$) but will the E3-HD remain at 31$ after Ryzen upgrade with no real benefits (since that is going to be 32GB Ram anyway)?

Your service price will remain the same.

@bruh21 said:

Most likely more but not necessarily advertised anymore.

• @VirMach said:

@VirMach said: Switch to Ryzen 3700X/5600X or Equivalent + NVMe

We will decide on a suitable Ryzen processor. This may range from 6 to 8 cores and generally be in the $200 to $300 price range, with 65W TDP.

Hi guys, I just had a question about this: for those potentially interested in this upgrade option, would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G? Performance is probably closer to a 3600 CPU-wise but the plus is that it has graphics. For graphics, it falls around similar performance to somewhere between Intel UHD 750 to a GTX 1050.

I could definitely see this as being a more interesting offering but I do want to hear some feedback.

Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

Yeah, I would be interested in a 4650G. There's probably a niche for cheap dedis with decent graphics.

• lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited July 2021

Good luck to anyone trying to connect to IPMI.

edit: Use internet explorer

• @lowfront said:

Used Java 201 (x86) + Internet Explorer and it worked just fine.

Thanked by 1lowfront
  • @VirMach said:

@Milehighwalrus said:
    @VirMach couple more questions if you don't mind. What version of esxi are you guys deploying on these? Also is there a way to track the deployment progress? Or is the server just gonna magically come up and I'll get an email about it?

I'm actually not sure, I think I've done ESXi maybe once or twice myself but I usually don't handle that. It also seems to be very finnicky at the beginning and by default seems to want to block everyone very quickly.

You say there is no pizza tracker on the server delivery, today is day 2, but I spot my IP allocation today, maybe that's a good sign things are moving along! Hope it gets activated soon and I can start playing with it.

• @VirMach said:

@Milehighwalrus said:

fun fact dominos has that trademarked

• JabJabJabJab Member

@lowfront said: I have tried multiple versions of linux, Windows XP, 7, and 10. I have tried downgrading to many versions of java with no luck.

Last time I had dedi there I had to download the file, add to excludes in Windows and it would work.
    You sure you lifted/disabled the null route for IPMI in panel?

Thanked by 1lowfront
  • @danielcardosopt said:

After a 3 day migraine using internet explorer fixed my issue. Thank you very much.

Thanked by 1danielcardosopt
  • @lowfront said:
    After a 3 day migraine using internet explorer fixed my issue. Thank you very much.

My pleasure. Any dificulty let me know. It's my time using their services, so far so good.

Thanked by 1lowfront
  • LXYLXY Member

Dose the HDL 27$ or HD 31$ or more paid the one time set up fee will have same hardware such as memory with different renew fees as 27$ 31$ or more?thanks

@lowfront said:

worked fine for me on my usual browser

@LXY said:
    Dose the HDL 27$ or HD 31$ or more paid the one time set up fee will have same hardware such as memory with different renew fees as 27$ 31$ or more?thanks

From what I can gather, they will have the same specs. If you're willing to pay the few hundred to upgrade the hardware, I sure hope $4 monthly is not a huge deal

@VirMach said:

@henkynl said:
    What will happen with the price of the 32GB packages after the migration? I’m mainly interested in the Ryzen upgrade but could use the 32GB ram now. The cheapest option would be the E3-HDL (27$) but will the E3-HD remain at 31$ after Ryzen upgrade with no real benefits (since that is going to be 32GB Ram anyway)?

Your service price will remain the same.

@bruh21 said:

Most likely more but not necessarily advertised anymore.

Damn, I hope it remains good. Right now the free level of protection is doing incredibly well.

• CybrCybr Member

@bruh21 said:
    Right now the free level of protection is doing incredibly well.

Guessing your server is in Buffalo... Been wondering how Virmach's protection holds up compared to other providers included free protection.

edited July 2021

@Cybr said:

@bruh21 said:

Guessing your server is in Buffalo... Been wondering how Virmach's protection holds up compared to other providers included free protection.

i have an e3-hdl and the protection is performing quite well, no complaints. gonna probably switch my site over to it when i get the chance. just concerned that the protection will be worse after migration, so i may have to find an alternative just in case, when the time comes.

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • which DC are you planning for NYC metro?

• JabJabJabJab Member

So quiet here, seems like everything going smooth? :)

@lowfront said:

@danielcardosopt said:

@lowfront said:

IPMI has different versions/implementations by each company and series of motherboards. Java has different versions as well.

The best way to combat issues, from my experience, is to just try to first use Supermicro's IPMIView: https://www.supermicro.com/SwDownload/SwSelect_Free.aspx?cat=IPMI

Of course, this still sometimes randomly won't work when the Java version does. I have several different setups of Java of various versions that I use when running various Java programs because it seems like everything has its preferences. This is the secret reason I started a VPS company, so I can have hundreds of VMs with different Java versions on them.

@drunkendog said:

@VirMach said:

@VirMach said: Switch to Ryzen 3700X/5600X or Equivalent + NVMe

We will decide on a suitable Ryzen processor. This may range from 6 to 8 cores and generally be in the $200 to $300 price range, with 65W TDP.

Hi guys, I just had a question about this: for those potentially interested in this upgrade option, would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G? Performance is probably closer to a 3600 CPU-wise but the plus is that it has graphics. For graphics, it falls around similar performance to somewhere between Intel UHD 750 to a GTX 1050.

I could definitely see this as being a more interesting offering but I do want to hear some feedback.

Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

Yeah, I would be interested in a 4650G. There's probably a niche for cheap dedis with decent graphics.

Going to make a test build of this one, so if we end up not moving forward with it you can ask for it.

@Milehighwalrus said: You say there is no pizza tracker on the server delivery, today is day 2, but I spot my IP allocation today, maybe that's a good sign things are moving along! Hope it gets activated soon and I can start playing with it.

If you see your IP allocation, it means it is almost done, yes. We have a step where we re-verify everything then send out the email so it's technically possible you can actually get into your server sooner, you just have to guess the password.

@LXY said:

@bruh21 said:

@LXY said:

From what I can gather, they will have the same specs. If you're willing to pay the few hundred to upgrade the hardware, I sure hope $4 monthly is not a huge deal

HDL will have 16GB guaranteed RAM, maybe more if we somehow overflow with RAM but more likely than not, there will still be a RAM shortage/price hikes when we deploy them. HD will also have at least 16GB RAM but you have the right to ask us for more RAM if you need it, and if you don't need it then we may elect to deploy it with 16GB instead of 32GB and give you a discount, probably bringing the price down to E3-HDL level (not guaranteed, you may just end up getting the more RAM.)

@Cybr said:

@bruh21 said:

It holds up well until it doesn't and unfortunately, in my opinion, it hasn't been managed very well recently due to the lead tech guy from Buffalo leaving or being terminated a year or two ago. Any time an attack leaks through, it seems to be their policy to now shrug and nullroute the IP address and they're less inclined to change the configuration.

@bruh21 said:

@Cybr said:

@bruh21 said:

i have an e3-hdl and the protection is performing quite well, no complaints. gonna probably switch my site over to it when i get the chance. just concerned that the protection will be worse after migration, so i may have to find an alternative just in case, when the time comes.

I believe some of it will end up being through Path.net and the rest would be each specific datacenter's in-house solution. For example you're currently on ColoCrossing Buffalo's in-house solution which last I checked was a 150Gbps RioRey appliance with a setting checked maybe to nullroute you after the attack exceeds your allotted chunk of protection.

@reddevil said:
    which DC are you planning for NYC metro?

Inap Secaucus. Assuming about half the people from Buffalo get moved here (and the other half decide to go in a completely different state) then we would actually have several cabinets of space here, up to 10 of them maybe and therefore we might decide to branch out and use multiple datacenters instead just in case one of them ends up being a dud (you never know until you start using it and issues arise. For example in Phoenix the datacenter hands would constantly screw up.)

@JabJab said: So quiet here, seems like everything going smooth?

On our end, I'm starting to build these servers, we have enough parts for about 50 of them. This does not mean people will necessarily be getting them soon though, it's completely based on when the contract expires on CC's end.

Adding finishing touches to the Los Angeles storage node, and going through our Ryzen builds and tuning them a little bit as well since I haven't had a chance to drop them off yet. They're basically getting an SSD added as a backup for the operating system and templates. I figured we're super behind on templates and since I'm working on that anyway, we'll need a lot more space when we add more. This also leaves room to do more images with pre-installed "apps" or whatever you want to call it, such as maybe a build for cPanel, docker, LAMP/wordpress, etc.

Thanked by 2Milehighwalrus LXY
  • LXYLXY Member
    edited July 2021

thank you for your reply

According to your reply is
    HDL will have 16GB guaranteed RAM, maybe more if we somehow overflow with RAM but more likely than not, there will still be a RAM shortage/price hikes when we deploy them. HD will also have at least 16GB RAM but you have the right to ask us for more RAM if you need it, and if you don't need it then we may elect to deploy it with 16GB instead of 32GB and give you a discount, probably bringing the price down to E3-HDL level (not guaranteed, you may just end up getting the more RAM.)

but I want to ask is when I update to Ryzen dose the HD or HDL will have same hardware without same fee per month?thank you