Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations

Comments

• PepePepe Member

Do you know when, so I can order it?

• @Pepe said:
    Do you know when, so I can order it?

You can buy any of the servers listed here, and request it to be transferred to Amsterdam. That will happen probably sometime between 09/30/2021 and 04/30/2022.

• wahyanwahyan Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach Finally got my LA server when I ordered it on 07/14/2021. But a big surprise is that the server came with a 250GB SSD instead of 1TB HDD......... Even though I'm planning to order your LA storage vps in the future, could you please give me back my 1TB HDD? :D :D

Ticket ID #256479

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@wahyan said:
    @VirMach Finally got my LA server when I ordered it on 07/14/2021. But a big surprise is that the server came with a 250GB SSD instead of 1TB HDD......... Even though I'm planning to order your LA storage vps in the future, could you please give me back my 1TB HDD? :D :D

Ticket ID #256479

CC delivered a few of these with SSDs instead of HDDs for whatever reason. I haven't got to your ticket yet but in this case since we do not have any immediate replacements I can offer you either a refund or you can expect to maybe have to wait some days for them to probably send an HDD there.

• PepePepe Member
    edited July 2021

@danielcardosopt said: You can buy any of the servers listed here, and request it to be transferred to Amsterdam. That will happen probably sometime between 09/30/2021 and 04/30/2022.

I am aware of it and I can read, but I would like to have the dedicated server since beginning in EU because for NY, etc. there is high latency for me and that's not usable in my case that's why I was asking if there is planned restock in EU so I can give it a try.

• JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach said:
    Processor// Intel E3-1240v1/Equivalent
    Memory// 16GB DDR3 RAM
    Bandwidth// 10TB @ 1Gbps
    IPv4// 4 Usable IPs + IPMI

OG the server are steal.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited July 2021

@JustPfff said:

Despite your signature is technically 2 lines... the spacing is more than 2 lines so would recommend removing the quote instead.

@Pepe said:

@danielcardosopt said: You can buy any of the servers listed here, and request it to be transferred to Amsterdam. That will happen probably sometime between 09/30/2021 and 04/30/2022.

I am aware of it and I can read, but I would like to have the dedicated server since beginning in EU because for NY, etc. there is high latency for me and that's not usable in my case that's why I was asking if there is planned restock in EU so I can give it a try.

In this case it would be available after this offer, meaning you wouldn't be able to get it at the published pricing for this offer. There are no current servers in EU, sorry for the confusion.

• JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited July 2021

@FAT32 said: Despite your signature is technically 2 lines... the spacing is more than 2 lines

Are you sure about that !

Or it appears bigger in mobile devices ? I can't test it since I use my laptop most of time.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@JustPfff said:
    Are you sure about that !

I already fixed it for you, it was previously a quote

Thanked by 2JustPfff Ganonk
  • @wahyan said:

Ticket ID #256479

My server is not in LA, because if it was I would trade happily with you :smile:

• wahyanwahyan Member

@danielcardosopt said:

@wahyan said:

Ticket ID #256479

My server is not in LA, because if it was I would trade happily with you :smile:

Trust me you don't wanna that SSD. It's 10 years old :o
    Anyway, after submit the ticket to them, they had it replaced to 1TB HDD finally.

• JabJabJabJab Member

10 years old SSD from dedi and still working? How much TBW, do you remember?

• wahyanwahyan Member

@JabJab said:
    10 years old SSD from dedi and still working? How much TBW, do you remember?

Not sure if smartctl is displaying the correct info?

Here is the SSD

https://ibb.co/hY1Z1p0

And the 1TB HDD I got for reference

https://ibb.co/DfSkqSv

edited July 2021

@VirMach said: Switch to Ryzen 3700X/5600X or Equivalent + NVMe

We will decide on a suitable Ryzen processor. This may range from 6 to 8 cores and generally be in the $200 to $300 price range, with 65W TDP.

Hi guys, I just had a question about this: for those potentially interested in this upgrade option, would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G? Performance is probably closer to a 3600 CPU-wise but the plus is that it has graphics. For graphics, it falls around similar performance to somewhere between Intel UHD 750 to a GTX 1050.

I could definitely see this as being a more interesting offering but I do want to hear some feedback.

Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@VirMach said:

We will decide on a suitable Ryzen processor. This may range from 6 to 8 cores and generally be in the $200 to $300 price range, with 65W TDP.

Hi guys, I just had a question about this: for those potentially interested in this upgrade option, would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G? Performance is probably closer to a 3600 CPU-wise but the plus is that it has graphics. For graphics, it falls around similar performance to somewhere between Intel UHD 750 to a GTX 1050.

I could definitely see this as being a more interesting offering but I do want to hear some feedback.

Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

considering the 1245v2 is similar in performance AND has an iGPU, i don't see any downside really

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited July 2021

Comparison below, my pick would be for the 5600x, because of the single thread performance.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-PRO-4650G/3859vs3485vs3795

BTW ..I do plan on taking advantage of the upgrade option when its available, any of the 3 cpu's would be good.

• CybrCybr Member

@VirMach said:
    For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

I'm interested in the 1270v2 or better, since I need the fastest clock speed. Upgrading to Ryzen isn't worth it for me since I host things that like Intel better. I'd go for a newer Intel chip if that was an option.

Unrelated: Are BGP sessions supported for these dedis?

• @VirMach said:

1. Don't ask questions you only want your answer to be. It's more annoying to be asked and then not getting your way than not being asked in the first place. Iow, the integrated CPU saves you a slot and a card, things you care about. You're asking people who don't care about your costs and just want more everything for free.

2. "plus is that it has graphics" this needs to become a meme on LET. I thought you needed to passthrough graphics cards to a VM, so I'm not getting the end user benefit for a better iGPU vs a previous intel server. I think I've installed a Linux desktop manager like once in a dozen years on a public provider, so not sure the demand to waste so much RAM that isn't primarily used as a desktop daily machine.

• @TimboJones said: "plus is that it has graphics" this needs to become a meme on LET. I thought you needed to passthrough graphics cards to a VM, so I'm not getting the end user benefit for a better iGPU vs a previous intel server. I think I've installed a Linux desktop manager like once in a dozen years on a public provider, so not sure the demand to waste so much RAM that isn't primarily used as a desktop daily machine.

Dedicated hardware being used as a Plex server? Does not the 1245v2/4650G accelerate transcoding?

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@Cybr said: Unrelated: Are BGP sessions supported for these dedis?

We're still working out exactly how that will be done. BGP sessions are pretty much not supported with ColoCrossing right now, that'll change, but I have to discuss this with every different datacenter partner we use to see how it'll be done.

@TimboJones said: Don't ask questions you only want your answer to be. It's more annoying to be asked and then not getting your way than not being asked in the first place. Iow, the integrated CPU saves you a slot and a card, things you care about. You're asking people who don't care about your costs and just want more everything for free.

I wanted to see if there's any downsides I'm not seeing when it comes to the 4650G or if people do care more about the uptick in performance of a 5600X, or if they care about the higher core count of the 3700X.

Obviously each will do better in a specific use case, I just need to have some kind of consensus from those who plan on doing the upgrade.

As for costs, all three have the same TDP. All three have similar costs (around $230 versus $240 versus $260.) All three use the same motherboard and chassis. I'm not sure I understand your point regarding it saving a slot and a card. We don't plan on putting in GTX 1050's in these if we don't go with the iGPU version.

@TimboJones said: "plus is that it has graphics" this needs to become a meme on LET. I thought you needed to passthrough graphics cards to a VM, so I'm not getting the end user benefit for a better iGPU vs a previous intel server. I think I've installed a Linux desktop manager like once in a dozen years on a public provider, so not sure the demand to waste so much RAM that isn't primarily used as a desktop daily machine.

These wouldn't necessarily be for VMs, they're dedicated servers so it depends on the end user's application usage. You could for example run something that requires graphics, such as certain Android emulator(s) or perhaps it could be useful if it is a video streaming server. I'm sure there's a lot of other use cases as well

By the way, my personal choice would probably be the 4650G as its more versatile, but in terms of pricing it could depend on what supplier is available at the time.

@acidpuke said:
    Comparison below, my pick would be for the 5600x, because of the single thread performance.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-PRO-4650G/3859vs3485vs3795

BTW ..I do plan on taking advantage of the upgrade option when its available, any of the 3 cpu's would be good.

Thanks for the feedback.

@bruh21 said:

@VirMach said:

considering the 1245v2 is similar in performance AND has an iGPU, i don't see any downside really

Yeah, if we could get enough of them I would probably personally prefer to go all 1245v2, problem is availability right now.

If we can build a system for it to clearly communicate the versions I wouldn't mind just going with a healthy mix of everything. However, as it stands some people seem to care a lot about what exact version they receive so I want to make sure that's clearly communicated.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • taizitaizi Member

graphics is nice, but 4650G only has 8 MB L3,so sad :(

• @VirMach how is the bandwidth counted, is the 10TB for both ingress and egress?

@Milehighwalrus said:
    @VirMach how is the bandwidth counted, is the 10TB for both ingress and egress?

Yes, both, but once they're migrated it may end up being counted only in one direction depending on how we set it up.

• sddwtsddwt Member

is this dedicated Server or vds?
    Can I have addition IP If I wanted?
    And When the migration started?
    Thanks! :)

• cheesecheese Member

Delicious!support!!!

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • wahyanwahyan Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach Am I correct that the IPMI given as "Operator" privilege level is not able to mount custom iso and I'll have to paid a $50 refundable deposit fee in order to do so each time? I'm not planning to tweaks things other than mounting iso for re-installation....

• I placed the order on 16th, but it is stll 'pending...'
    When about it will be deployed? @VirMach

@sddwt said:
    is this dedicated Server or vds?
    Can I have addition IP If I wanted?
    And When the migration started?
    Thanks! :)

Dedicated server.
    Additional IP is in the configuration when purchasing.

Migration is expected to be between 09/30/21 and 04/30/22.

@wahyan said:
    @VirMach Am I correct that the IPMI given as "Operator" privilege level is not able to mount custom iso and I'll have to paid a $50 refundable deposit fee in order to do so each time? I'm not planning to tweaks things other than mounting iso for re-installation....

You can mount ISO without operator. The $50 fee wouldn't be each time if you did want operator, it'd be one-time and you'd get it back to your original payment method as physically possible once you cancel (or ask we remove operator and check and make sure nothing negative was done.)

@lyessure said:
    I placed the order on 16th, but it is stll 'pending...'
    When about it will be deployed? @VirMach

All of these would have been deployed by now if you ordered on the 16th, unless an issue came up in which case there would be communication in a ticket.

And actually there's only one person waiting since the 16th and a ticket does exist where there was communication, with it being 48 hours (not business hours, since it was the weekend) in about 2 hours from now, from the time the issue was resolved/the order was put in. I would expect to receive it sometime around then.