Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations

1235789

Comments

  • @VirMach said:

    Hi guys, I just had a question about this: for those potentially interested in this upgrade option, would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G? Performance is probably closer to a 3600 CPU-wise but the plus is that it has graphics. For graphics, it falls around similar performance to somewhere between Intel UHD 750 to a GTX 1050.

    I could definitely see this as being a more interesting offering but I do want to hear some feedback.

    Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

    Yeah, I would be interested in a 4650G. There's probably a niche for cheap dedis with decent graphics.

    Going to make a test build of this one, so if we end up not moving forward with it you can ask for it.

    Would it be possible for you to put a cheap ebay 1050 in one of your dedis? :wink:

  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

    @drunkendog said:

    @VirMach said:

    Hi guys, I just had a question about this: for those potentially interested in this upgrade option, would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G? Performance is probably closer to a 3600 CPU-wise but the plus is that it has graphics. For graphics, it falls around similar performance to somewhere between Intel UHD 750 to a GTX 1050.

    I could definitely see this as being a more interesting offering but I do want to hear some feedback.

    Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

    Yeah, I would be interested in a 4650G. There's probably a niche for cheap dedis with decent graphics.

    Going to make a test build of this one, so if we end up not moving forward with it you can ask for it.

    Would it be possible for you to put a cheap ebay 1050 in one of your dedis? :wink:

    We actually have a dozen or so 4GB 1050 Ti's so it's possible. It'd just realistically still cost around $10 a month extra over a year plus $10 a month extra in power. Plus, I haven't been able to test it for long but in a 1U it could easily have thermal issues.

    I think 4650G is the way to go when it comes to graphics.

  • taizitaizi Member

    @VirMach said:

    @drunkendog said:

    @VirMach said:

    Hi guys, I just had a question about this: for those potentially interested in this upgrade option, would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G? Performance is probably closer to a 3600 CPU-wise but the plus is that it has graphics. For graphics, it falls around similar performance to somewhere between Intel UHD 750 to a GTX 1050.

    I could definitely see this as being a more interesting offering but I do want to hear some feedback.

    Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

    Yeah, I would be interested in a 4650G. There's probably a niche for cheap dedis with decent graphics.

    Going to make a test build of this one, so if we end up not moving forward with it you can ask for it.

    Would it be possible for you to put a cheap ebay 1050 in one of your dedis? :wink:

    We actually have a dozen or so 4GB 1050 Ti's so it's possible. It'd just realistically still cost around $10 a month extra over a year plus $10 a month extra in power. Plus, I haven't been able to test it for long but in a 1U it could easily have thermal issues.

    I think 4650G is the way to go when it comes to graphics.

    Do you know is there any other amd cpu have similar costs, but more L3 cache?
    4650G is nice,but its L3 cache is 8MB, i want a cpu with graphics but not so less L3 cache to get more performance.

  • @VirMach said:

    @drunkendog said:

    @VirMach said:

    Hi guys, I just had a question about this: for those potentially interested in this upgrade option, would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G? Performance is probably closer to a 3600 CPU-wise but the plus is that it has graphics. For graphics, it falls around similar performance to somewhere between Intel UHD 750 to a GTX 1050.

    I could definitely see this as being a more interesting offering but I do want to hear some feedback.

    Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

    Yeah, I would be interested in a 4650G. There's probably a niche for cheap dedis with decent graphics.

    Going to make a test build of this one, so if we end up not moving forward with it you can ask for it.

    Would it be possible for you to put a cheap ebay 1050 in one of your dedis? :wink:

    We actually have a dozen or so 4GB 1050 Ti's so it's possible. It'd just realistically still cost around $10 a month extra over a year plus $10 a month extra in power. Plus, I haven't been able to test it for long but in a 1U it could easily have thermal issues.

    I think 4650G is the way to go when it comes to graphics.

    Hey, could I jump into DMs to ask about the possibility of a 1050 Ti test dedi?

  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

    @drunkendog said:

    @VirMach said:

    @drunkendog said:

    @VirMach said:

    Hi guys, I just had a question about this: for those potentially interested in this upgrade option, would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G? Performance is probably closer to a 3600 CPU-wise but the plus is that it has graphics. For graphics, it falls around similar performance to somewhere between Intel UHD 750 to a GTX 1050.

    I could definitely see this as being a more interesting offering but I do want to hear some feedback.

    Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

    Yeah, I would be interested in a 4650G. There's probably a niche for cheap dedis with decent graphics.

    Going to make a test build of this one, so if we end up not moving forward with it you can ask for it.

    Would it be possible for you to put a cheap ebay 1050 in one of your dedis? :wink:

    We actually have a dozen or so 4GB 1050 Ti's so it's possible. It'd just realistically still cost around $10 a month extra over a year plus $10 a month extra in power. Plus, I haven't been able to test it for long but in a 1U it could easily have thermal issues.

    I think 4650G is the way to go when it comes to graphics.

    Hey, could I jump into DMs to ask about the possibility of a 1050 Ti test dedi?

    I can probably do this for anyone who wants it as long as they want to pay the quoted +$20/MO on annual term (+$240/YR.) But realistically I won't have time to test these builds extensively so I'm not sure what issues it would run into really.

  • KGFFFKGFFF Member

    @LXY said:
    thank you for your reply

    According to your reply is
    HDL will have 16GB guaranteed RAM, maybe more if we somehow overflow with RAM but more likely than not, there will still be a RAM shortage/price hikes when we deploy them. HD will also have at least 16GB RAM but you have the right to ask us for more RAM if you need it, and if you don't need it then we may elect to deploy it with 16GB instead of 32GB and give you a discount, probably bringing the price down to E3-HDL level (not guaranteed, you may just end up getting the more RAM.)

    but I want to ask is when I update to Ryzen dose the HD or HDL will have same hardware without same fee per month?thank you

    I have the same question. For example, HDL will become $67.30/MO with no setup fees or $27.30/MO with $350 one-time fee and HD will become $71.85/MO with no setup fees or $31.85/MO with $350 one-time fee. Both HD and HDL will have the same hardware. Right?

  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

    @KGFFF said:

    @LXY said:
    thank you for your reply

    According to your reply is
    HDL will have 16GB guaranteed RAM, maybe more if we somehow overflow with RAM but more likely than not, there will still be a RAM shortage/price hikes when we deploy them. HD will also have at least 16GB RAM but you have the right to ask us for more RAM if you need it, and if you don't need it then we may elect to deploy it with 16GB instead of 32GB and give you a discount, probably bringing the price down to E3-HDL level (not guaranteed, you may just end up getting the more RAM.)

    but I want to ask is when I update to Ryzen dose the HD or HDL will have same hardware without same fee per month?thank you

    I have the same question. For example, HDL will become $67.30/MO with no setup fees or $27.30/MO with $350 one-time fee and HD will become $71.85/MO with no setup fees or $31.85/MO with $350 one-time fee. Both HD and HDL will have the same hardware. Right?

    The specifications for Ryzen have not yet exactly been determined. I highly doubt it, but should we decide to do 16GB RAM on them, then on E3-HDL it is a possibility that you will only be guaranteed 16GB RAM on Ryzen. This is not how it is currently planned though, right now, at this stage, I see all Ryzen options as being 32GB it would essentially be how you stated.

  • KGFFFKGFFF Member

    @VirMach said:

    @KGFFF said:

    @LXY said:
    thank you for your reply

    According to your reply is
    HDL will have 16GB guaranteed RAM, maybe more if we somehow overflow with RAM but more likely than not, there will still be a RAM shortage/price hikes when we deploy them. HD will also have at least 16GB RAM but you have the right to ask us for more RAM if you need it, and if you don't need it then we may elect to deploy it with 16GB instead of 32GB and give you a discount, probably bringing the price down to E3-HDL level (not guaranteed, you may just end up getting the more RAM.)

    but I want to ask is when I update to Ryzen dose the HD or HDL will have same hardware without same fee per month?thank you

    I have the same question. For example, HDL will become $67.30/MO with no setup fees or $27.30/MO with $350 one-time fee and HD will become $71.85/MO with no setup fees or $31.85/MO with $350 one-time fee. Both HD and HDL will have the same hardware. Right?

    The specifications for Ryzen have not yet exactly been determined. I highly doubt it, but should we decide to do 16GB RAM on them, then on E3-HDL it is a possibility that you will only be guaranteed 16GB RAM on Ryzen. This is not how it is currently planned though, right now, at this stage, I see all Ryzen options as being 32GB it would essentially be how you stated.

    So, if i bought HDL, can i increase the price to get 32G RAM on Ryzen and the price is the same with HD?

  • tyktyk Member

    Any more E3-HDL available in Los Angeles? Or is it completely sold out?

  • I think the whole point of the lower price 16G is more suffering until you get the 32G AMD upgrade. VirMach is a cult leader, and as his acolytes we have to flog ourselves without hope for months, that one day we may be rewarded. The penance is the payment.

    Thanked by 2ZA_capetown taizi
  • @VirMach, is it normal for OS reinstalls to take more than 24 hours? It's been 36 hours with no ticket updates. If I'm out of line, apologies in advance.

  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

    I was able to find some pretty affordable hard drives so for at least the first 50 of these, unless we somehow can't fit it inside which is currently not an issue, I will be adding in 1 x 1TB HDD as well. You could probably use this for 2x1TB SSD soft RAID + auto backups onto the hard drive.

    @rogerwilco said: @VirMach, is it normal for OS reinstalls to take more than 24 hours? It's been 36 hours with no ticket updates. If I'm out of line, apologies in advance.

    It's normal. PXE is pretty broken so we have to either make requests to the datacenter or manually do it ourselves, both things that require a good amount of time by some human somewhere.

  • Wait, we get 2x1TB SSD and 1x1TB HDD for the same price? if this is true, whoa. might have to order a 2nd one :D

    @VirMach said:
    I was able to find some pretty affordable hard drives so for at least the first 50 of these, unless we somehow can't fit it inside which is currently not an issue, I will be adding in 1 x 1TB HDD as well. You could probably use this for 2x1TB SSD soft RAID + auto backups onto the hard drive.

    @rogerwilco said: @VirMach, is it normal for OS reinstalls to take more than 24 hours? It's been 36 hours with no ticket updates. If I'm out of line, apologies in advance.

    It's normal. PXE is pretty broken so we have to either make requests to the datacenter or manually do it ourselves, both things that require a good amount of time by some human somewhere.

  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

    @Milehighwalrus said:
    Wait, we get 2x1TB SSD and 1x1TB HDD for the same price? if this is true, whoa. might have to order a 2nd one :D

    @VirMach said:
    I was able to find some pretty affordable hard drives so for at least the first 50 of these, unless we somehow can't fit it inside which is currently not an issue, I will be adding in 1 x 1TB HDD as well. You could probably use this for 2x1TB SSD soft RAID + auto backups onto the hard drive.

    @rogerwilco said: @VirMach, is it normal for OS reinstalls to take more than 24 hours? It's been 36 hours with no ticket updates. If I'm out of line, apologies in advance.

    It's normal. PXE is pretty broken so we have to either make requests to the datacenter or manually do it ourselves, both things that require a good amount of time by some human somewhere.

    Not guaranteed, but so far for all of the ones we have parts to build, we've purchased 1TB HDDs and we have no other use for them.

    I will just put a tiny asterisks here for now, if the hard drive fails we probably don't have any plans or extra parts to replace them right now and we'll most likely not advertise this with the packages we provide. If we do advertise it, then replacements are covered. If it's not advertised, then it's not. They are all supposed to be brand new though factory overstock or something like that so I don't see them failing anytime soon unless you're extremely unlucky. Although at the prices we got them, I wouldn't be surprised or offended if they're refurbished.

    Edit: small correction by the way, I think we bought 60-70 and not 50.

    Thanked by 1Milehighwalrus
  • How long should it take for the server to be deployed?
    I have placed an order recently, will it still eligible for 1TB SSD?

  • @VirMach said:

    @Milehighwalrus said:
    Wait, we get 2x1TB SSD and 1x1TB HDD for the same price? if this is true, whoa. might have to order a 2nd one :D

    @VirMach said:
    I was able to find some pretty affordable hard drives so for at least the first 50 of these, unless we somehow can't fit it inside which is currently not an issue, I will be adding in 1 x 1TB HDD as well. You could probably use this for 2x1TB SSD soft RAID + auto backups onto the hard drive.

    @rogerwilco said: @VirMach, is it normal for OS reinstalls to take more than 24 hours? It's been 36 hours with no ticket updates. If I'm out of line, apologies in advance.

    It's normal. PXE is pretty broken so we have to either make requests to the datacenter or manually do it ourselves, both things that require a good amount of time by some human somewhere.

    Not guaranteed, but so far for all of the ones we have parts to build, we've purchased 1TB HDDs and we have no other use for them.

    I will just put a tiny asterisks here for now, if the hard drive fails we probably don't have any plans or extra parts to replace them right now and we'll most likely not advertise this with the packages we provide. If we do advertise it, then replacements are covered. If it's not advertised, then it's not. They are all supposed to be brand new though factory overstock or something like that so I don't see them failing anytime soon unless you're extremely unlucky. Although at the prices we got them, I wouldn't be surprised or offended if they're refurbished.

    Edit: small correction by the way, I think we bought 60-70 and not 50.

    Well, ya got me anyways, here's to chance! Literally just placed an order for another E3-HD, NY for another ESXi node :smiley: Also, I just noticed the billing address is on Sawtelle. That brings back memories, I used to live right around Pico & Sawtelle :wink:

  • Now that I actually ordered one I feel like I can have an opinion.

    @VirMach said: would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G?

    @VirMach said: Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

    Not sure if I'll upgrade or not but since mine will be doing video streaming I like the integrated video option.

  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

    @hzhoanglee said:
    How long should it take for the server to be deployed?
    I have placed an order recently, will it still eligible for 1TB SSD?

    I assume you mean the 1TB HDD. Not sure at this time, and basically no one should be placing an order expecting that, it's not part of the advertisement/offer. I just mentioned it as a potential bonus just because we can and to update everyone on what's going on with the builds so far. I'll probably provide more updates as we move forward, there are a few other things planned but I'm hesitant to share them right now.

    @Milehighwalrus said: Also, I just noticed the billing address is on Sawtelle. That brings back memories, I used to live right around Pico & Sawtelle

    Wow, crazy. I actually lived in that area as a kid and we just happened to find an office here. Do you remember the internet cafe a long time ago with those huge CRTs? We went there all the time after school, the elementary school in the area.

    @skorous said:
    Now that I actually ordered one I feel like I can have an opinion.

    @VirMach said: would you prefer a 3700X/5600X or 4650G?

    @VirMach said: Edit -- For everyone else, how many people are interested in the 1245v2 versus 1270v2?

    Not sure if I'll upgrade or not but since mine will be doing video streaming I like the integrated video option.

    Alright, I think we should have a good amount of these as well since I got a lot of feedback on it.

  • edited July 2021

    >

    @Milehighwalrus said: Also, I just noticed the billing address is on Sawtelle. That brings back memories, I used to live right around Pico & Sawtelle

    Wow, crazy. I actually lived in that area as a kid and we just happened to find an office here. Do you remember the internet cafe a long time ago with those huge CRTs? We went there all the time after school, the elementary school in the area.

    @VirMach
    Crazy times, I remember some of that. After living around there, we moved to the valley, then venture county. But then I went to SMC for school and lived on Purdue @ Pico & Sawtelle again for a while, I miss the ghetto big Tommy's :smiley: who knew buying some dedi boxes would bring back these good memories. other than that feel-good moment for myself, I just wanna say thanks for providing these awesome dedi boxes for the price!

  • @VirMach Good value for money! Any way to enable the Paypal for payment method? Store credit card info is not preferred option.

  • edited July 2021

    Oops. Extra reply by mistake. Carry on

  • Just asking if they do work on weekend because I have completed my payment for like 66 hours but the server have not been activated yet. Also, my ticket have been laying open for more than 2 days without any response.
    Just asking ._.

  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2021

    @derekyang said:
    @VirMach Good value for money! Any way to enable the Paypal for payment method? Store credit card info is not preferred option.

    We're still evaluating what we want to do with PayPal. We will most likely make a decision some time after the August 2nd price changes.

    We are doing everything we can to make a transition to card easier though and would like to hear your suggestions as well. I can tell you right now that the card information actually never gets stored with us, it is a token we receive that is attached to Stripe which actually does the processing. It is very similar to how PayPal works when you link your account with us basically and we see very limited information. We do not see your full card number. You can also remove this link at any time you want now.

    We're trying to see if it is possible to pop this out and allow people to maybe also make one-time payments instead, so that way you will see you are 100% on Stripe's website. Right now we're using Stripe.js so it's more "integrated" but that doesn't mean we store card details.

    @Milehighwalrus said:
    >

    @Milehighwalrus said: Also, I just noticed the billing address is on Sawtelle. That brings back memories, I used to live right around Pico & Sawtelle

    Wow, crazy. I actually lived in that area as a kid and we just happened to find an office here. Do you remember the internet cafe a long time ago with those huge CRTs? We went there all the time after school, the elementary school in the area.

    @VirMach
    Crazy times, I remember some of that. After living around there, we moved to the valley, then venture county. But then I went to SMC for school and lived on Purdue @ Pico & Sawtelle again for a while, I miss the ghetto big Tommy's :smiley: who knew buying some dedi boxes would bring back these good memories. other than that feel-good moment for myself, I just wanna say thanks for providing these awesome dedi boxes for the price!

    I have a friend who lives on Purdue near that area that I visit often, and we actually still go to Big Tommy's once in a while. I also took some classes at SMC a year or two ago for fun and I have a lot of extended family in the valley/ventura. Small world.

    @hzhoanglee said: Just asking if they do work on weekend because I have completed my payment for like 66 hours but the server have not been activated yet. Also, my ticket have been laying open for more than 2 days without any response.
    Just asking ._.

    There's a bigger than usual backlog right now. We were understaffed this weekend but someone did work, it may take longer than usual although I haven't looked at your specific case yet.

    Keep in mind though technically speaking weekends aren't business days so it technically doesn't count toward delivery time although we do try to still complete it within 48 hours usually regardless of weekends, obviously if it's taken 66 hours then in this case we couldn't do it.

  • hzhoangleehzhoanglee Member
    edited August 2021

    Sorry for spamming but my order is in pending status for nearly 5 days.Tried to open ticket but i think it should take so long to get response.Invoice ID: 1265256Thanks.
    I was wrong. The service is activated now. Wating for information email.

  • edited August 2021

    @VirMach I see my server is active, Nothing in WHMCS messages for the dedicated server login information, other than invoices and older messages. That's OK, I opened a ticket for IPMI access anyway since I need to mount my own iso.

    You mentioned in the other thread you guys had some email delivery issues. Now it makes sense because I got another cloud storage vps yesterday and I didn't get the welcome email, unlike like my first one. The 2nd storage instance still doesn't show a welcome email in WHMCS, but since I'm familiar with how it works its nbd. Just wanted to mention it.

  • @Milehighwalrus said:
    @VirMach I see my server is active, Nothing in WHMCS messages for the dedicated server login information, other than invoices and older messages. That's OK, I opened a ticket for IPMI access anyway since I need to mount my own iso.

    It seems like their email delivery system really having issue ._.

  • @hzhoanglee said:

    @Milehighwalrus said:
    @VirMach I see my server is active, Nothing in WHMCS messages for the dedicated server login information, other than invoices and older messages. That's OK, I opened a ticket for IPMI access anyway since I need to mount my own iso.

    It seems like their email delivery system really having issue ._.

    Something is definitely messy on their end. Things worked fine with my other, older, orders, welcome email came through just fine. These new orders are not getting the welcome email for whatever reason

  • @Milehighwalrus said: Something is definitely messy on their end. Things worked fine with my other, older, orders, welcome email came through just fine. These new orders are not getting the welcome email for whatever reason

    I can't even get activation email. That's strange ._.

  • @hzhoanglee said:

    @Milehighwalrus said: Something is definitely messy on their end. Things worked fine with my other, older, orders, welcome email came through just fine. These new orders are not getting the welcome email for whatever reason

    I can't even get activation email. That's strange ._.

    I got my server after 48 hours.
    However, you should not take into account holidays or weekends.
    As mentioned, they say that if you open several tickets it will not help your situation

  • I had to ordered another server 1 hour ago for my application because of their mess.
    I know they are good provider but my experience with them is just terrible :disappointed:
    Maybe it is just my bad luck.

Sign In or Register to comment.