Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 77
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @insight said:

First I pay for the servers I have on Hosthatch and as mentioned in my opinion you provide a great service for what you pay, taking that into consideration what you call "free" upgrades are not actually "free".

Also is pretty common a readjustment of service as in any other provider like AWS / Azure etc... as things evolve so normally does the resources so I queried about that possibility, if it was possible abiding by your comment.

are you really comparing the cheapest BF sales provider 2020 with expensive as shite cloud companies and expect the same level of courtesy in 'readjusting' ?

by all means, please list at least two more providers active on LET that allowed upgrades of existing plans into those from their BF sales instead of the usual rule "can't switched/replace an existing service..." or "just buy a new one and eventually cancel your old"

on a scale a billion dollar company with thousands of employess obviously can deliver faster support during peaks like BF. do you really expect the same to be available here, while it has been pointed out from the very beginning that it will take some time?

what's up with all the rush. everyone was able to wait for Blackfriday itself to arrive, but starts getting impatient only a few days after? why is that all of a sudden?

sorry, but I really don't get it. as long as I get my services provisioned and/or upgraded let's say before christmas that should be perfectly fine...

• @chocolateshirt said:

@insight said:
    Put 2 tickets to sales regarding upgrading my 2 existent instances (taking into consideration what was mentioned on the main thread) and still no reply after 4 days...

Hosthatch is a great provider but lacks on support.... like heavily.

They already give you the best quality VPS for fckin cheap price.. Please don't make HH offer moar expensive..

True.

They provide a great service for the price no doubt about that, is just the fact when you engage support they lack on response.

• @brueggus said:
    Could someone please order the last 2 TB STO Storage special before I get weak?

1x 2.4+ GHz
    4 GB RAM
    2 TB disk
    6 TB bandwidth/month (in+out)
    Located in Stockholm, Sweden

https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/bf-2tb-sto

Thank you for you cooperation.

You, sir, are my hero.

I ordered this initially during the flash sale; and although I was able to submit the ordering form, I never got an email confirmation. Later I was explained that this means that I didn't actually bought it. So I was a bit bummed out, left with $ 80 idle credit on my HostHatch account.

Thanks to you, mentioning that this product was available again, I was able to purchase it anyways, and use my $ 80 deposit from before. The price now is $90 for two years, but I do not care; I'm more than happy to pay that for HostHatch services.

(And I was able to close my unanswered support ticket on HostHatch asking if there was a possibilty to obtain this VPS; cancellation of someone else or otherwise... So one ticket less in the queue...)

Thanked by 2brueggus azeem
  • @insight said: They provide a great service for the price no doubt about that, is just the fact when you engage support they lack on response.

He's been super-active here in this thread and he's said multiple times that those tickets will be handled but at the back of the queue. He's set appropriate expections. You're just being entitled.

I'm still confused on how you're saying they're not free upgrades. What did you pay for them?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

"They already give me far more value for my money than I would get anywhere else. Wouldn't it be nice if they gave me even more?"

Yes, surely it will be nice. Thanks for the feedback.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@insight said:

Do you know the meaning of not being a sheep, means keeping yourself informed / based on facts and more importantly thinking for yourself, not accepting any other comment.

I know nowadays facts have little value so people tend to argument about everything specially something that;s non of their business. Amusing.

Oh well, face it, you're on the Internet and this is a public/community forum, so whatever gets posted is visible to everyone.

If you have issues with people arguing about everything that's none of their business, you should've just taken it to PM directly with the provider, or just stick to your tickets. But no, you decided to post on a public thread instead :)

Thanked by 3Falzo skorous MegaNT
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hosthatch said: Wouldn't it be nice

• @Falzo said:

@insight said:

First I pay for the servers I have on Hosthatch and as mentioned in my opinion you provide a great service for what you pay, taking that into consideration what you call "free" upgrades are not actually "free".

Also is pretty common a readjustment of service as in any other provider like AWS / Azure etc... as things evolve so normally does the resources so I queried about that possibility, if it was possible abiding by your comment.

are you really comparing the cheapest BF sales provider 2020 with expensive as shite cloud companies and expect the same level of courtesy in 'readjusting' ?

by all means, please list at least two more providers active on LET that allowed upgrades of existing plans into those from their BF sales instead of the usual rule "can't switched/replace an existing service..." or "just buy a new one and eventually cancel your old"

on a scale a billion dollar company with thousands of employess obviously can deliver faster support during peaks like BF. do you really expect the same to be available here, while it has been pointed out from the very beginning that it will take some time?

what's up with all the rush. everyone was able to wait for Blackfriday itself to arrive, but starts getting impatient only a few days after? why is that all of a sudden?

sorry, but I really don't get it. as long as I get my services provisioned and/or upgraded let's say before christmas that should be perfectly fine...

Hi Falzo,

If I mentioned Vultr or Prometeus or DO would that fit in your cheap providers? they do it as well...

It's not being in a rush is just getting a response if it is possible or not independently of when its going to be provisioned.

• @skorous said:

@insight said: They provide a great service for the price no doubt about that, is just the fact when you engage support they lack on response.

He's been super-active here in this thread and he's said multiple times that those tickets will be handled but at the back of the queue. He's set appropriate expections. You're just being entitled.

I'm still confused on how you're saying they're not free upgrades. What did you pay for them?

That's a fair question, because the price asked for those is what I'm actually paying for less so I could destroy my existent servers and put a request for the new specs as mentioned on the thread... so instead I engaged support to ask for that possibility, to upgrade my existent ones while keeping my monthly payment.

A simple "yes its ok, we will comeback to you" or a "no, unfortunately we cannot do that for you" would be enough for me....

Thanked by 1Broscience
  • @insight said: A simple "yes its ok, we will comeback to you" or a "no, unfortunately we cannot do that for you" would be enough for me....

Agree with you

Thanked by 1insight
  • @thedp said:

@insight said:

Do you know the meaning of not being a sheep, means keeping yourself informed / based on facts and more importantly thinking for yourself, not accepting any other comment.

I know nowadays facts have little value so people tend to argument about everything specially something that;s non of their business. Amusing.

Oh well, face it, you're on the Internet and this is a public/community forum, so whatever gets posted is visible to everyone.

If you have issues with people arguing about everything that's none of their business, you should've just taken it to PM directly with the provider, or just stick to your tickets. But no, you decided to post on a public thread instead :)

No issue at all about your comments you simply lack the facts.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@insight said:

@thedp said:

@insight said:

No issue at all about your comments you simply lack the facts.

No issue at all about your comments.

You simply lack patience.

Thanked by 3GOBBLES benj0x Ouji
  • @insight said: If I mentioned Vultr or Prometeus or DO would that fit in your cheap providers? they do it as well...

hmm, ask yourself: 2core/8GB/40GB NVME - what's the cost for that with those providers? at least under $100 a year and did that they even do massive BF sales?

8GB with vultr are $40 a month... with hosthatch on this sale that's a full year.

so the answer is most probably no, as they don't come close in pricing, and haven't been active over here ever as well as their Blackfriday sales are not really comparable if even happened.

pick a few other ones, that at least are somewhat in range pricewise.

@insight said: It's not being in a rush is just getting a response if it is possible or not independently of when its going to be provisioned.

which you most likely will understand is some of the lowest priorities ever between thousands of real orders. and on top that does not say anything about their support at all because it is an extreme situation outside the norm - which was known to be that way beforehand anyway.

as saig, I recommend to just sit tight and wait. they'll get back to your request at some point. 🤷‍♂️

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited December 2020

@shiok said:
    What do you guys plan to do with your 10TB storage servers?

Aside from idling of course.

Backup server of last instance where I basically never delete old backups.

So far Ive had a Server in Amsterdam and Stockholm provisioned. Most are missing still, but all is good. Also just had a goddamn ticket answer in under a minute, like what. (for enabling IPv6)

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • @Falzo said:

@lovelyserver said:

Single Core | 2868
    Multi Core | 7461

that's geekbench v4 and not v5 ...

Oh, yes. Its 4. My mistake. Sorry and thanks.

• @ewwink said:
    @lovelyserver said:

Single Core | 2868
    Multi Core | 7461

edit:
    win10 pro only allow 2 CPU/socket, I contacted the support to change processor topology from 2 processor to 1 processor and 3 core.

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 554                           
    Multi Core      | 1471                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5119417

for v5, using win10, but only 2 core detected/used, it is almost same wtih my old AMD Phenom II X4 955

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 571                           
    Multi Core      | 1016                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5118152

Aha, I understand the trick now. Thanks for clarifying these details.

• Thanks @hosthatch . Got my London 500GB storage vps provisioned today. Benchmarks look superb :smiley: Now patiently awaiting the 250GB one too

Thanked by 2RedSox JohnFilch123
  • I've purchased 3 CPU package 6 hours ago and still waiting the info
    Ticket #665446
    Thanks HostHatch for the sales

• @webmasteroffers said:
    I've purchased 3 CPU package 6 hours ago and still waiting the info
    Ticket #665446

Lol 🤣

• Purchased $60/year > @icry said:

@webmasteroffers said:
    Ticket #665446

Lol 🤣

What?

I can wait, no problem, I guess there are ton of tickets and sales for them to process. I purchased before see the SOLD OUT text so never worry :)

• just let the guys prepare my server boyz, i feel it is soon™

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@webmasteroffers said: I can wait, no problem

Prepare yourself, it's gonna be a long, long wait.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@Falzo said:
    I am giving up...

...and you've not even had a glimpse into their ticketing system. :#

Thanked by 3Falzo BBTN Chronic
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2020

I think if @hosthatch would have given all these offers for free, with delivery in 10 business days, people would still find reasons to complain.

Therefore, the best business model is for @hosthatch to give everything for free, with delivery in 10 business days, and pay everybody as apology for this delay in provisioning. Maybe then customers will be happy.

• at least $7

• @webmasteroffers said:
    Ticket #665446

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 2the_doctor Chronic
  • edited December 2020

Thank you, @Shot2

Have a Happy holiday!

• @default said:
    I think if @hosthatch would have given all these offers for free, with delivery in 10 business days, people would still find reasons to complain.

Therefore, the best business model is for @hosthatch to give everything for free, with delivery in 10 business days, and pay everybody as apology for this delay in provisioning. Maybe then customers will be happy.

Don't be too optimistic. Even if people were paid to use the service, they would still complain about something.

Thanked by 2icry Chronic
  • TravTrav Member
    edited December 2020

@insight said:

@skorous said:

@insight said: They provide a great service for the price no doubt about that, is just the fact when you engage support they lack on response.

That's a fair question, because the price asked for those is what I'm actually paying for less so I could destroy my existent servers and put a request for the new specs as mentioned on the thread... so instead I engaged support to ask for that possibility, to upgrade my existent ones while keeping my monthly payment.

A simple "yes its ok, we will comeback to you" or a "no, unfortunately we cannot do that for you" would be enough for me....

Let's assume this question would take an estimate of 5 minutes to answer. Now imagine this question times a thousand, plus all of the other"simple" questions on top of their other normal support requests that are not sales related.

5*1000, that's already 83 hours of just sales questions alone.

Thanked by 1Ouji