Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 126
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @imok said:

Creling said: I am waiting for an explanation.

Maybe...

Creling said: a boring joke.

@FAT32 said:

@Creling said:
    The English text of this passage is not identical with Chinese text , and the Chinese text contains abusive words. FAT32 's Chinese is fluent, so I have reason to believe that this is intentional. This is an inappropriate behavior for a moderator and will intensify contradictions. I hope to get an explanation.

I apologise for the inexact translation. This is not intentional but just what comes to my mind. The exact translation is as follow:

Please don't make a fool of yourself. No one force you to use their services, you can use it if you wish. Despite you don't like VirMach, you still buy it because it is cheap. If you have the guts then don't buy or complain at all. Find me a provider that has been in business longer than VirMach, has better uptime than VirMach, yet provide cheaper services than their crazy BF deal (less than $5/yr with similar specs). Do you still remember the "4 cheap providers" (aka AlphaRacks etc)? In the end it is only left with VirMach.

no,no,no!
    The English text of this passage is not identical with Chinese text , and the Chinese text contains abusive words. @FAT32 's Chinese is fluent, so I have reason to believe that this is intentional. This is an inappropriate behavior for a moderator and will intensify contradictions. I am waiting for an explanation.

• We are on a English forum. The English part is the only that matter.

Thanked by 1tetech
  • I like hope people tell @VirMach how to do business (and on top of that tell him/they) to stop paying @FAT32 :D F-U-N.

• VirMach said: And your interpretation of what I said is wrong, because I'm just talking about the issue of PayPal not being a good payment method in that scenario, and gathering feedback for how we can help Chinese customers move away from using PayPal when better options are available to China (like AliPay) whereas that better option is not available elsewhere in the world or else we would probably try to move everyone away from PayPal in the same scenario.

Glad to see your explanation and hope we continue to be sane.
    To be fair, I don't care if I use alipay or PayPal, especially if alipay can help me exempt maxmind error.
    But it is not appropriate to discuss this in public. As an American, you understand better than me what is political correctness.
    If using alipay is more convenient or more favorable, I would be happy to use alipay, and this is what you need to do.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@supereric said:

@Virmach
    I bought two server from you. one paid with alipay .the other paid with paypal. I never open any ticket, and never open paypal dispute. I know some point from you when you often change tos follow your mind.

Can you please let me know where we changed our terms of service? All we have done recently is enforced our terms of service, very lightly, and people are getting upset.

You should be know 87% traffic come from China.

Wrong.

You should be known why server auto power off when I install lnmp suite fail with 2 core 4Gb ram instance.

I'd love to check this for you and ensure it was handled properly. You definitely should not be powered off. in that situation.

You also should be know why You offer wechat pay or alipay .

You should be known why you offer 64RAM vps,

You should be known why you offer 10 GB traffic only

I believe the last two you're talking about a couple of the special offers we did, in small quantities, are you are somehow offended it was offered? You are under no obligation to purchase that.

First one, I don't understand. AliPay seems highly desired and helped increase our China customer base. It's just that PayPal not returning fees is a problem on small purchases, and there are other problems associated with it so we asked for some feedback.

You should be know we need pay for any support ticket or any email change or push the server to another account.

We don't bill for e-mail changes. You need to pay to push the server to another account because (1) we're doing that out of courtesy in the first place and we're not obligated to even honor this at all, we never promised this or have it outlined anywhere on our site as an official thing, and (2) it's actually always just been a custom request and custom requests have always been billable. Since then the amount of time to transfer a service has increased, and the price for our custom requests have increased, but we've kept the price of transfers the same.

The key point is YOU JUST WANT TO ERAN MORE MONEY BASE ON REJECT CUSTOMER'S Reasonable requirements!

These do not sound like reasonable requirements. Being able to use PayPal on a $1.25 per month service, being able to get a refund on a $1.25 per month service where we have to manually process the refund, and pay PayPal 30 cents, and do this dozens of times a day? And push that service, to another account, for free, any time it's requested?

Low value customer is your target, Please think why when you set up a memorial arch .It is a joke.

"Low value" customers are a small part of our revenue. The reason we survive as a company is not because of the $10-20 a year specials. Black friday specials are about 4% of our revenue.

Of course, you can do it as you want. but why not reject any customer from China,or offer a fair solution and offer a normal servicr if you own basic business ethics. But

** look like your business is a joke when you offer some deal and said I don't know whether can be run**

Anyway, I hope China customer giveup or stop renew any service in Chinese forums. Since from me.

Why would we reject customers from China? How do we go from trying to optimize the user's experience and ensure we can continue to serve China customers properly to cutting them off completely?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2019

ZA_capetown said: So maybe things got lost in translation and offence was taken where it was not meant / intended?

100% , partly blamed fat32, and this is exactly where I am dissatisfied

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2019

@moni099878 said:

6 of them are Chinese websites. lol
    Three of the remaining four have a large number of Chinese visitors.

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2019

ben47955 said: We are on a English forum. The English part is the only that matter.

But @FAT32 banned a user because of the "Chinese part", Is this reasonable?

According to the English part, neither of @FAT32 and @wfjoyce used abusive words,
    According to the Chinese part, both of @FAT32 and @wfjoyce used abusive words,
    Because @FAT32 is moderator, so he bans @wfjoyce and win the debate?

Thanked by 1default
  • yiyezhiqiuyiyezhiqiu Member
    edited December 2019

@moni099878 said:

hi,the jpg where come from. when it happen.
    what way do I get it? thanks very much.

• ben47955ben47955 Member
    edited December 2019

@Creling said:

ben47955 said: We are on a English forum. The English part is the only that matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chinese character are not allowed here because of this. FAT32 given few translation in the past because many Chinese come here with google translate, but didn't get it. It when in a attend to help everyone.

Edit: From my point I'm missing abusive word with google translate.

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2019

@ben47955 said:

@Creling said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chinese character are not allowed here because of this. FAT32 given few translation in the past because many Chinese come here with google translate, but didn't get it. It when in a attend to help everyone.

Edit: From my point I'm missing abusive word with google translate.

According to the English part, neither of @FAT32 and @wfjoyce used abusive words,

edit1:
    This should not be blamed on Google Translate, Google cannot translate Chinese slang, so that's fat32's own behavior

• @Creling said:

I am sorry, but W T F. So because it's English forum it means you can't get banned for other lang messages content? What kind of twisted logic is that? That content shouldn't even be posted here.

and "According to moderators it was punishable", so he was punished :)
    END of story.

If you have problems with moderators of this forum go to other moderators/admins/Interim Support Desk, not in this topic. Especially, when YOU are not involved - if that guy feels he was banned unjustifiably he can speak for himself - he was able to do it up til now, so I don't think opening one more account at Interim Support Desk is outside of his reach.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited December 2019

@Creling said:

@moni099878 said:

6 of them are Chinese websites. lol
    Three of the remaining four have a large number of Chinese visitors.

What is the source of this graph? What is the source of the source of this graph? Is it a verifiable source by any means?

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2019

JabJab said: so he was punished

where ?

If you come to hostloc and search for FAT32, you will understand why I am angry.
    I don't like then man who fan the flames.

END of story.
    No longer tangled in this matter

• Creling said: Because @FAT32 is moderator, so he bans @wfjoyce and win the debate?

If you've any issue with @FAT32 then you should talk to any other moderator on this. I don't think @FAT32 can ban himself, can he?

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2019

@samm said:

Creling said: Because @FAT32 is moderator, so he bans @wfjoyce and win the debate?

If you've any issue with @FAT32 then you should talk to any other moderator on this. I don't think @FAT32 can ban himself, can he?

But he should at least apologize to the man he abused——another person has been banned and cannot apologize

• @Creling said:

Kiwi83 said: Virmach just want to change the payment method for Chinses users. Why do you people make such a fuss about it? Isn't Alipay easier to use for Chinese users? What on earth got into you guys?

If virmatch does not trust Chinese customers, then Chinese customers also have reasons to distrust virmatch. PayPal is a protection

@Creling said:

Kiwi83 said: Virmach just want to change the payment method for Chinses users. Why do you people make such a fuss about it? Isn't Alipay easier to use for Chinese users? What on earth got into you guys?

If virmatch does not trust Chinese customers, then Chinese customers also have reasons to distrust virmatch. PayPal is a protection

What are you trying to say?

Did Virmach scammed you before? If you don't trust Virmach why do you even buy their servers in the first place? Who on earth buy from a provider he doesn't trust and open a PayPal dispute afterward? For what? Can you make profit out of it? Seriously what got into you?

Do average Chinese people buy from untrusted providers then dispute just for fun? I don't believe so. I believe it's just you acting like a child crying for something that doesn't even make sense.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
    edited December 2019

wfjoyce said: 250.14$ this is my spending on VIRMACH this year, all using Alipay.
    I just think banning Chinese customers from using paypal is a kind of discrimination.

Is there a reason there is a preference for PayPal when other better options are available? This is why we're asking for feedback, so we can actually consider it in the decision making process but you are just jumping to conclusions, not providing explanation, and instead are automatically outraged we are considering trying to get users to go with a payment method where the fee is 2.2% average versus 10%

Would you prefer price increase of 10% for everyone? That is a question, it doesn't mean we are going to increase everyone's prices by 10% -- just to be very clear.

First of all, you need to define what abuse is, and the rules for fair use of VIRMACH are unreasonable.
    Second, I never abuse the server, but I don't like this restriction because I can't control exactly how much CPU the program uses and how much hard disk IO it uses.

About 2% of people right now are suspended as a result of breaking fair use policy, the majority after several warnings. What would be reasonable? I can guarantee you that if you were powered down your usage was much higher than our well-defined AUP section.

I can absolutely guarantee that, because we go several times over. If it says 10 minutes it means hours in most cases. If it says 80 TPS it could be 200, 300, 500+ TPS. If it says high load of 1 per core, it could be 2-3 before we contact you. If it says 50% CPU it could be 80%. I'm not saying it is in all cases, but where we can provide more leeway we do.

Creling said: I don't know if it would make sense to discuss with non-Chinese people about disabling PayPal for Chinese customers, to win public sympathy?

We don't speak Chinese and we're not part of any Chinese communities. We specifically asked for feedback from people that would be affected negatively, asked how, and asked for feedback. There are Chinese customers here as well. You appear to be one of them. Why not give constructive feedback here?

mc323 said: Since we should seek advice, we should go to the largest community in China, not let. Since we discriminate against Chinese users, we should completely ban Chinese users from buying.

Did you know we do not allow Alipay payments for other regions than China, Hong Kong, and some others where it's popular? If someone makes an order from the US for example, and they're not just a Chinese customer putting US as their country, we usually reject these orders. They don't happen often, but the point is that we already enforce various payment rules based on regions. Sometimes we might get high fraud rate from Brazil, and we have to ask everyone in Brazil for their IDs. It's unfortunate, but these things do happen by region.

If you are a Chinese (nationality) customer in the US, then you are considered a US customer. We would not be discriminating.

We are just trying to see why a small portion (but increasing) want to use PayPal, and it's only concerning because (1) the order amounts from China are on average highly smaller than anywhere else. About 2-3x smaller. Yes, there are some larger orders. Yes, we could just base it on order size. But the second problem is (2) that the fees on PayPal are higher for foreign countries. Combine* these two, and 95% or more that fit these two problems are from China. Then (3) the issue of mass abusers being from this region at this time. I personally haven't found a single customer from any other region that is breaking 2-3 important parts of our terms of service at the same time. Are there any? I'm sure there are, but that problem is clearly also localized there maybe because the purchasing bots were popular only in that region. So what happens when one region has an elevated level of abuse? We have to address it. We could address it by not naming that region, but the filters would bring up the same exact region. In fact, if we did anything it would not even be by region because plenty of customers who are from that region select other regions when ordering and they use VPNs.

So if it makes you feel better, we would not even put a ban on China in any case for anything.

Thanked by 1alilet
  • CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2019

Kiwi83 said: What are you trying to say?

What I want to say is,
    Whether virmatch accepts Chinese customers and whether Chinese customers choose virmatch is their own matter. There is no need to discuss it in public. Especially discuss whether to prohibit Chinese people from using PayPal with non-Chinese people. This is very funny.

Everyone is responsible for their choices.

edited December 2019

Creling said: Glad to see your explanation and hope we continue to be sane.
    To be fair, I don't care if I use alipay or PayPal, especially if alipay can help me exempt maxmind error.
    But it is not appropriate to discuss this in public. As an American, you understand better than me what is political correctness.
    If using alipay is more convenient or more favorable, I would be happy to use alipay, and this is what you need to do.

This was the exact intention of bringing this up and more specifically mentioning China, to get feedback from China customers so we can improve AliPay, maybe add WeChat and see what else is popular and why PayPal is desired and if in any legitimate case someone may only have a PayPal account and not the others.

• @VirMach said:

Creling said: Glad to see your explanation and hope we continue to be sane.

This was the exact intention of bringing this up and more specifically mentioning China, to get feedback from China customers so we can improve AliPay, maybe add WeChat and see what else is popular and why PayPal is desired and if in any legitimate case someone may only have a PayPal account and not the others.

Compared to forcibly banning PayPal payments, it is a better way to provide more convenience to Chinese customers who use alipay. No one likes being banned

• @VirMach said:

>

Any feedback/suggestions from the community so we can try to come up with a good solution? Is WeChat actually preferred? Anyone who would be hurt if we stopped accepting PayPal from China?

Just consider a very common situation.
    1. Chinese buyer use your VPS for p0rn.
    2. They will never use AliPay/WeChat to pay. (For safety reasons)
    3. They don't dispute, don't care refund.

This is not a joke, but a real situation happens a lot.
    Find a way can meet their need, maybe a third-party pament support Debit Card in China.
    (China UnionPay)

• weiaiweiai Member
    edited December 2019

I have looked at the method at other merchants. If you pay with PayPal, you will need an exclusive handling fee of about 5 percent. I can recommend that you adopt the original price to pay the order when using Alipay, and an additional fee of about 5 percent when using PayPal, of course, a percentage No. 5 is a hypothesis of mine, and this method is that customers can use it selectively and it is applicable to all customers. If you specifically target China, please ban Chinese purchases .Thanks @VirMach

edited December 2019

Creling said: Compared to forcibly banning PayPal payments, it is a better way to provide more convenience to Chinese customers who use alipay. No one likes being banned

How could we offer more convenience and how should we deal with PayPal charging more fees for international customers and still charging a transaction fee on refunds?

lowendclient said: Just consider a very common situation.

Find a way can meet their need, maybe a third-party pament support Debit Card in China.
    (China UnionPay)

What would be the concern here, that AliPay/WeChat can send your information to the government and UnionPay/PayPal can't? If we accepted UnionPay would this issue/concern go away? I assume UnionPay is not supported on our credit/debit method? I thought Stripe integrated support since 2018.

Also going back to the concern, how would safety be jeopardized if no one knows what you are doing on your VPS as long as it's secured? Yes your IP would be exposed to those websites, but I assume those kind of websites would not be hosted in China. We have only ever had one single request from China officials regarding some kind of (I believe) unrelated crime and we would not disclose that without a subpoena/warrant from the United States. And as far as I know AliPay only asks for general information on what the payment is for and we state something like Cloud service, not "p0rn VPS."

weiai said: I have looked at the method at other merchants. If you pay with PayPal, you will need an exclusive handling fee of about 5 percent. I can recommend that you adopt the original price to pay the order when using Alipay, and an additional fee of about 5 percent when using PayPal, of course, a percentage No. 5 is a hypothesis of mine, and this method is that customers can use it selectively and it is applicable to all customers. If you specifically target China, please ban Chinese purchases .Thanks @VirMach

The thing is we don't want to charge anyone more money.

Thanked by 1exiust
  • @VirMach said:

>

Did you know we do not allow Alipay payments for other regions than China, Hong Kong, and some others where it's popular? If someone makes an order from the US for example, and they're not just a Chinese customer putting US as their country, we usually reject these orders. They don't happen often, but the point is that we already enforce various payment rules based on regions. Sometimes we might get high fraud rate from Brazil, and we have to ask everyone in Brazil for their IDs. It's unfortunate, but these things do happen by region.

We just don't understand why you care so much where the buyer purchase his money.
    Even if a client purchase on Jupiter, for the money is real, why don't you take it?
    This will be a frequently asked question in our community understanding.

• I feel sorry for @VirMach about all this hassle from BF. I bet all he just wanted to provide us nice offers not getting attacked. Next year these same people are bitching when there are no good offers....wonder why

• @VirMach said:

Creling said: Compared to forcibly banning PayPal payments, it is a better way to provide more convenience to Chinese customers who use alipay. No one likes being banned

How could we offer more convenience and how should we deal with PayPal charging more fees for international customers and still charging a transaction fee on refunds?

lowendclient said: Just consider a very common situation.

(China UnionPay)

What would be the concern here, that AliPay/WeChat can send your information to the government and UnionPay/PayPal can't? If we accepted UnionPay would this issue/concern go away? I assume UnionPay is not supported on our credit/debit method? I thought Stripe integrated support since 2018.

Also going back to the concern, how would safety be jeopardized if no one knows what you are doing on your VPS as long as it's secured? Yes your IP would be exposed to those websites, but I assume those kind of websites would not be hosted in China. We have only ever had one single request from China officials regarding some kind of (I believe) unrelated crime and we would not disclose that without a subpoena/warrant from the United States. And as far as I know AliPay only asks for general information on what the payment is for and we state something like Cloud service, not "p0rn VPS."

weiai said: I have looked at the method at other merchants. If you pay with PayPal, you will need an exclusive handling fee of about 5 percent. I can recommend that you adopt the original price to pay the order when using Alipay, and an additional fee of about 5 percent when using PayPal, of course, a percentage No. 5 is a hypothesis of mine, and this method is that customers can use it selectively and it is applicable to all customers. If you specifically target China, please ban Chinese purchases .Thanks @VirMach

The thing is we don't want to charge anyone more money.

If you do n’t want to, then you should not ask whether to ban PayPal in China, because you should not treat customers differently. For most people, 5% is mostly acceptable. Of course, many details need you to do. Made, and they can use other payment methods for exemption. You want to make a ban on the use of PayPal in China, then other countries and regions have the same problem, just because they are small, China and the world as long as they have purchased services Are guests, you should not treat them differently.