Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

256 MB of RAM + 256 MB of SWAP + New Control Panel --Just $1.00 /Mo--
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

256 MB of RAM + 256 MB of SWAP + New Control Panel --Just $1.00 /Mo--

BlueVMBlueVM Member
edited August 2013 in Offers

Alright so for those of you who have been following BlueVM we've been developing a new control panel (Feathur). As part of its release and testing we're offering a fantastic deal on our BLUE1 VPS.

256 MB of Guaranteed RAM

256 MB of Swap

1 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz

1 IPv4 Address

10 GB of Disk

500 GB of Bandwidth

NEW Feathur Control Panel! (OpenVZ)

Coupon Code: NEWCP

Order URL: https://www.bluevm.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=214

VPS Location: Buffalo, NY
Other locations available shortly.

NOTICE: Feathur is still under beta, as such some features may not work as expected. If you have any issues please feel free to open a ticket with our staff we'd love to help you resolve these issues.

If you are an existing customer of BlueVM you may be asking: Why isn't my VPS on Feathur yet?

We are preparing our nodes (literally right now) to be used with Feathur. This involves converting our nodes from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6 and migrating users from HyperVM to Feathur. It's a very involved process and we are taking the time to make sure that it is completed with little-to-no user downtime. We expect to begin moving users in Buffalo, NY to Feathur tomorrow and we should be completed before Monday. After that we will be migrating Atlanta, Illinois, Texas and California (in that order)...

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments...

Thanked by 1benryanau

Comments

• nice offer :) it would be nice to also have the ability to change rdns in the panel

• @D3vil - It's actually planned for release this weekend, so quite shortly yes you'll have the ability.

Thanked by 1D3vil
  • Grabbed one, hope PPP and TUN/TAP supported.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Also Grabbed one.

• Also, paypal charge 0.35-0.40$ for the transaction. This price only covered the cost of IP I think.

• Is TOR as middle relay allowed? It's not the more "dangerous" exit relay.
    More information: https://www.eff.org/torchallenge/what-is-tor

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

I wonder, are you still ashamed of this being OpenVZ? Do you think less people will buy if you mention that? Nowhere in your post or even in the 'order URL' page the VM type is specified. The sig only says "OpenVZ/KVM". And it's not the first time, I think I pointed out exactly the same, long ago on some earlier offer, maybe not even once...

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited August 2013

@sundaymouse - Yes they're all supported. You will need to go under "Settings" and enable them, but otherwise it's a breeze.

@trexos - TOR middle nodes are allowed.

@rm_ - No, just didn't think of it really. Updated post and website for convenience...

• @BlueVM Awesome! And that's my third server @BlueVM :) I really like their great service and their new CP.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

woo, a $1/month plan that doesn't require a year upfront? I'd bite if it wasn't Colocrossing, got too many plans in that Buffalo DC already.

• @Nekki - That's ok, we'll have something in private layer (with a similar price) later this month running Feathur. (Zurich, Switzerland)

• @BlueVM You are going to sell servers in Switzerland?

• @trexos - Possibly, it really depends on how our deal with the datacenter goes and if we can economically compete with OVH (pricing no more than 4x Kimsufi)

• trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2013

@BlueVM That would be really awesome! I really like to see that good US hoster expand to Europe (well or Switzerland :p).

Do you have a ETA?

• @trexos - For our OpenVZ nodes ~2 weeks, our KVM ~3 - 5 weeks and finally if we did add atoms/other to the mix probably about 6 - 8 weeks...

• http://feathur.bluevm.com/
    Cloudflare shows server gateway timeout, is it just me?

• @sundaymouse - Seems I managed to overload php-fpm while template syncing 4 servers at the same time. I really should do that manually XD

• OK, back working now.

• 764664764664 Member
    edited August 2013

Will Debian 7 64-bit template be provided?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BlueVM said:
    Nekki - That's ok, we'll have something in private layer (with a similar price) later this month running Feathur. (Zurich, Switzerland)

Actually, Switzerland has been on my wanted list of locations for some time. Looking forward to hearing more on this in the future.

• @Nekki said:

>

Mine too! Can't wait to see this offer.

• @764664 - Done, its now on the rebuild menu.

• @BlueVM oh god I will be happy to buy a vps in Switzerland

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

No Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?

I like how you do the control panel setup procedure. Maybe add option to randomize the root password (JavaScript is ok), so can set it later.

• The promotion code entered has already been used??

• mov3mov3 Member

I can't use the promotion code too

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@BlueVM I am going to throw my money at you if you offer .ch containers priced like this.

• The promotion code entered has already been used
    :<

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

The promotion code entered has already been used
    same here

I left BlueVM because the VMs were not coming back after reboot. Now this is probably solved with centos 6.0 and new control panel, so, looking forward for nice and cheap service :)

• @Maounique said:
    I left BlueVM because the VMs were not coming back after reboot.

LOL, you should have told them to get AutoBoot (tm acknowledged) :)