Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time! - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time!

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2019

@deank said:
    It's PMS heat wave, I am telling you.

Several members of LET have been acting over the top as a result.

Well, she can PM me then i feels bad.

• @key900 Free 1 month for everybody and no one feels bad-

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@ehab said:
    are we in hell?

I'd rather be in the Hell than Heaven.

I won't be able to drink or smoke in Heaven. No sex in Heaven, either. Heaven is too goody-goody.

• LET us all reinstall - for great justice!

• ehabehab Member
    edited October 2019

LET us leave LET - out for life.

• instructions unclear, dick stuck in LET

please advice

edited October 2019

@ehab said:
    @key900 Free 1 month for everybody and no one feels bad-

Lol I wish if i could but i spent load of money!

Thanked by 3ehab uptime dahartigan
  • ehabehab Member
    edited October 2019

@uptime said:

mine too... we have to cut it off.

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • Beware of this button:

• @uptime said:
    instructions unclear, dick stuck in LET

please advice

Thanked by 3ehab uptime vimalware
  • ehabehab Member
    edited October 2019

ist funny how this thread ends .... well at least ITLabs pulled it.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • I was so distracted by the Reinstall button that I forgot to ask! Is the offer still available? :smiley:

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited October 2019

It is, but they removed the dedicated cores threads option.
    @key900 Would the dedicated cores threads be available again?

Thanked by 2angstrom ITLabs
  • @saibal said:
    It is, but they removed the dedicated cores option.
    @key900 Would the dedicated cores be available again?

I was wondering the same thing.

• I only bought one letbox vps months ago just to test it (I don't usually buy cheap vps nowadays, I've learned my lesson from woot and its two siblings :smile: ) I have no intention of getting two, but guess what today I just ordered my second box. I'm happy with letbox.

• I've been playing with LVM : resize, mirroring, striping, etc with multiple HDDs on block storage.

Cute little testbed.

Thanked by 3angstrom uptime beagle
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@vimalware said:
    I've been playing with LVM

No. Don't take my "LA is too far = high latency" excuse away and force me to sign up. I will not.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 2019

@vyas11 said:

@vimalware said:

No. Don't take my "LA is too far = high latency" excuse away and force me to sign up. I will not.

Psychz connection is quite good for LA location

• @cybertech said:

@vyas11 said:

@vimalware said:

Block storage is also pretty fast :)

Thanked by 1isunbejo
  • @sanvit said:

@cybertech said:

@vyas11 said:

@vimalware said:

Block storage is also pretty fast :)

So fast that 90% of my LXC containers are stored and run directly from it. I'm consistently able to get around 300MB/s. For TBs worth of storage the performance alone is insane. I don't hammer the disk though, but it has zero issues with plex, sonarr, radarr, etc etc running from it.

Thanked by 1isunbejo
  • I've set up nextcloud 16 on mine, aiming to store the data on the 3TB drive. Like @sanvit said, it is pretty speedy. At least I am happy because the last time I tried NC (quite awhile ago) on some other service (can't remember) it was lethargic.

• @scooke said:
    I've set up nextcloud 16 on mine, aiming to store the data on the 3TB drive. Like @sanvit said, it is pretty speedy. At least I am happy because the last time I tried NC (quite awhile ago) on some other service (can't remember) it was lethargic.

Nextcloud + 3TBs of data is a tough one to pull off especially with 2 cores at 30%. Last time I tried NC (also quite a while ago), it pinned my 2CPU VPS (not from LETBox) at 100% for quite some time. I only had 1TB of photo/video on there. Never worked out for me.
    Anyone know what the CPU policy is if you over use? Throttle, terminate, shutdown? If not, I will read up on it when I get home.
    Good luck!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @bloke said:

@scooke said:
    I've set up nextcloud 16 on mine, aiming to store the data on the 3TB drive. Like @sanvit said, it is pretty speedy. At least I am happy because the last time I tried NC (quite awhile ago) on some other service (can't remember) it was lethargic.

Nextcloud + 3TBs of data is a tough one to pull off especially with 2 cores at 30%. Last time I tried NC (also quite a while ago), it pinned my 2CPU VPS (not from LETBox) at 100% for quite some time. I only had 1TB of photo/video on there. Never worked out for me.

iirc it uses lots of CPU when uploading (creating thumbnails), and after that, it won't use as much (as long as that 1TB of photo is separated using folders).

Anyone know what the CPU policy is if you over use? Throttle, terminate, shutdown? If not, I will read up on it when I get home.
    Good luck!

Last time I checked, there's nothing written, however they will email you and ask to lower the CPU usage, and eventually throttle/suspend the VM.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Mayhaps teh cpulimit utility would help manage to avoid exceeding the threshold for extensive durations

Thanked by 2ITLabs skorous
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 2019

-

• @sanvit said:

@bloke said:

@scooke said:

iirc it uses lots of CPU when uploading (creating thumbnails), and after that, it won't use as much (as long as that 1TB of photo is separated using folders).

Good luck!

Last time I checked, there's nothing written, however they will email you and ask to lower the CPU usage, and eventually throttle/suspend the VM.

In nextCloud, just disable all of the apps you aren't ever going to use - eg the images, music, perhaps even recent etc to save on resources. If you don't need the image gallery, there's no point wasting CPU cycles on it.

• uptime said: Mayhaps teh cpulimit utility would help manage to avoid exceeding the threshold for extensive durations

If you're using Systemd you can use CPUQuota in your startup service as well.

Thanked by 1uptime
    edited October 2019

@saibal said:
    It is, but they removed the dedicated cores threads option.
    @key900 Would the dedicated cores threads be available again?

@Detruire said:

@saibal said:
    It is, but they removed the dedicated cores option.
    @key900 Would the dedicated cores be available again?

I was wondering the same thing.

Depending on the stock we have.

Thanks

• @key900 said:
    Depending on the stock we have.

Thanks

Are you referring to the current stock or in the future? The dedicated thread option has been unavailable since the second round of stock was announced.

• Thumbs up to the LetBox crew - I pre-ordered the second batch, then changed my mind a few days after - because I already have too many idling VPSes - and they gave me a refund within minutes!

Definitely impressed.

Thanked by 1uptime