Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM KVM Slices! 512MB for $20.00/year! Block Storage Slabs for $1.25/month per 256GB! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM KVM Slices! 512MB for $20.00/year! Block Storage Slabs for $1.25/month per 256GB!

Comments

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Great offer. Over the past 3-4 years i've tried a couple times to order but always seem to be too late to the party.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vfuse said:
    Great offer. Over the past 3-4 years i've tried a couple times to order but always seem to be too late to the party.

@netomx said:
    @Francisco give us LV stock! haha

More on the 1st :)

Making some changes to how Stallion does provisioning so we can increase stock load outs w/o worrying about dog pilling a single node.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

@bakageta said:
    I had mine refunded for the same, I didn't even consider that might've been a problem. Was that listed anywhere on the site and I just missed it? Oh well, I noticed it before stock ran out and got an order in with a payment it liked.

I gotta check again but i'm certain it mentions emails must match on our TOS.

Francisco

You should try and fix that. My PayPal email is unique and every service I use has unique email. This is the first time in all my years with PayPal a requirement that PayPal email matches the service email. This is why there's a PayPal login screen to enter PayPal account info and not hard-coded email in the login screen.

It's a requirement for fraud checks.

Francisco

Again, have never had this limitation, ever. But if the small number of lost sales is less than the fraud that might be prevented by it, you do you. Just sayin this isn't a limitation by any other business I've ever dealt with.

TimboJones said: Again, have never had this limitation, ever. But if the small number of lost sales is less than the fraud that might be prevented by it, you do you. Just sayin this isn't a limitation by any other business I've ever dealt with.

Fair, it's not a common one, but it's also a reason why providers lose disputes from abusive customers.

We've had people claim they never got their service, and if it wasn't for the fact we had a matching email in WHMCS with the email logs, we wouldn't have won.

Karen & I are always trying to find new ways to improve the signup process. I'd for sure like to improve that point of it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Francisco said:

TimboJones said: Again, have never had this limitation, ever. But if the small number of lost sales is less than the fraud that might be prevented by it, you do you. Just sayin this isn't a limitation by any other business I've ever dealt with.

Fair, it's not a common one, but it's also a reason why providers lose disputes from abusive customers.

We've had people claim they never got their service, and if it wasn't for the fact we had a matching email in WHMCS with the email logs, we wouldn't have won.

Karen & I are always trying to find new ways to improve the signup process. I'd for sure like to improve that point of it.

Francisco

To get it right, my Paypal address is [email protected]. Should I use that one instead of [email protected] to signup besides paying?

sgheghele said: To get it right, my Paypal address is [email protected]. Should I use that one instead of [email protected] to signup besides paying?

That should be just fine.

Karen should be aware of gmail's + handling, but i'll alert her just incase.

Francisco

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • @Francisco said:

sgheghele said: To get it right, my Paypal address is [email protected]. Should I use that one instead of [email protected] to signup besides paying?

Francisco

What

Francisco

• smilesmile Member
    edited January 2019

@Francisco said:
    What

Francisco

clearly he's trolling you about your multiple identities. playing dumb solves nothing! :smile:

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • @Francisco Is IPV6 native in Vegas or tunneled through HE?

@tr0gd0r said:
    @Francisco Is IPV6 native in Vegas or tunneled through HE?

Vegas is native, we have both Cogent and HE transit there.

Francisco

Thanked by 2uptime Daniel15
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited January 2019

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

@bakageta said:
    I had mine refunded for the same, I didn't even consider that might've been a problem. Was that listed anywhere on the site and I just missed it? Oh well, I noticed it before stock ran out and got an order in with a payment it liked.

I gotta check again but i'm certain it mentions emails must match on our TOS.

Francisco

You should try and fix that. My PayPal email is unique and every service I use has unique email. This is the first time in all my years with PayPal a requirement that PayPal email matches the service email. This is why there's a PayPal login screen to enter PayPal account info and not hard-coded email in the login screen.

I've been a BuyVM customer for many years, and hit the same issue when adding more services recently (256 GB slab). I ended up having to change my BuyVM account's email address to match the PayPal one, rather than using a unique email address for BuyVM. No big deal. I guess it wasn't an issue when I initially signed up. Just changed it and Karen sorted the order out.

• too bad I couldn't get one, bcz of fraud issue

• Show out of stock, when is the replenishment?

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited January 2019

@smile said:

@Francisco said:
    What

Francisco

clearly he's trolling you about your multiple identities. playing dumb solves nothing! :smile:

I’m Batman.

• I wish BuyVM had stock around the clock.

• eoleol Member

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, stock.
    Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock, stock.
    Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, stock.
    We're gonna stock around the clock tonight.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

On the paypal point, if you have multiple emails in paypal, it's the main one that has to match - even if your sign up email address is listed in paypal :)

@lingchenzi said:
    Show out of stock, when is the replenishment?

@gol3m said:
    I wish BuyVM had stock around the clock.

We'll have more on the 1st.

I got a decent sized amount of 512's coming around next month if you're interested, a few hundred in Vegas.

Francisco

Thanked by 2gol3m coreflux
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

I use sub-domain addressing ([email protected]). I just believe I added a comment specifying why and such and Karen was fine with it.

If you're reasonable and not trying to commit fraud, then a path forward can usually be found.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Francisco pmed you

• Can someone send me their site link so I can see the sitespeed difference between buyshared and buyvm services. I've got shared websites with fran, I'd like to see the benefit of the vps

• @stephfd21 Id recommend instead to purchase a vps and run tests on the same website. Theres too many factors to consider when comparing two different websites, your website may be faster or slower than mine.

Thanked by 3iKeyZ uptime Aidan
  • Once upon a time, we had to wait for a long time to buy these plans. Within few hours, out of stock message appeared. Service was such good.

However, I wonder what people do these days with such tiny plans.

• @IFightCode said:
    Once upon a time, we had to wait for a long time to buy these plans. Within few hours, out of stock message appeared. Service was such good.

We still have to wait, at least until next month, and service is still good, no?

I wonder what people do these days with such tiny plans.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/155310/512mb-vps-for-email/p1

@IFightCode said:
    Once upon a time, we had to wait for a long time to buy these plans. Within few hours, out of stock message appeared. Service was such good.

512MB is tiny? That's the common size at almost every big provider right now.

This isn't the 128MB's :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx

For what it's worth, Karen put up a few more 512's just now.

Francisco

• Would you replenish the stock for reseller hosting 125GB in the near future? Been checking quite regularly but always out of stock.

Once I saw there was one available but when I tried to check out.... Out of stock again! 😢😢

@jefflin555 said:
    Would you replenish the stock for reseller hosting 125GB in the near future? Been checking quite regularly but always out of stock.

Once I saw there was one available but when I tried to check out.... Out of stock again! 😢😢

On the 1st :)

Ordered gear for more nodes this week, so we should be good for stock soon.

Francisco

Thanked by 2jefflin555 Waldo19
  • @Francisco said:

@IFightCode said:

512MB is tiny? That's the common size at almost every big provider right now.

This isn't the 128MB's :)

Francisco

Yes, it's tiny. Not sure how you know the most common sized VPS at big providers, though. The 512MB servers are good for one or two basic services, but can't run decent apps that need a couple of GB. All the businesses I know with VPS'S have much more resources than my personal ones. Just anecdotal, but 512MB is getting more useless. Yum-cron trips resource limits fairly often with usage in hundreds of MB'S, for example.

Install logwatch on your 512MB servers and you'll probably notice some OOM killing invoked every now and then.