Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM KVM Slices! 512MB for $20.00/year! Block Storage Slabs for $1.25/month per 256GB! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM KVM Slices! 512MB for $20.00/year! Block Storage Slabs for $1.25/month per 256GB!

Comments

• @Daniel15 said:

@Letzien said:

@Daniel15 said:
    Haha, I've got a VPS with Virmach that has 10 GB RAM, and I still haven't worked out what to do with so much RAM.

That's the one with 10GB disk too, right?

The one I've got has 10 GB RAM, 4x vCPU @ 3GHz, 120 GB SSD, 4000 GB monthly bandwidth for $74.85 per year. I installed Windows Server 2016 and a bunch of stuff on it (Prometheus, Grafana, MySQL) and it's still only using ~2 GB of the RAM :tongue:

I've paid more on pizza. There was a BF special they trolled with that had something like 10GB RAM, 10vCPU, and 10GB HD. I don't know what it could be used for other than running htop.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I am waiting on stock on LV

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • sinsin Member

netomx said: I am waiting on stock on LV

I just got an email like 30 min ago there was a 512mb LV in stock from that buyvm stock notifier site.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

Frantech: Sexually frustrating you since 2010 by being out of stock 66.6% of time.

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:
    Frantech: Sexually frustrating you since 2010 by being out of stock 66.6% of time.

:eggplant:

Francisco

• I just cancelled a Virmach BF server, wasn't doing anything with it, though slightly regretful given how ridiculously cheap it was. Yes my 1GB slice is usually faster than the old Virmach stuff, though it varies. Lately it's been a little more variable than usual and I'd wondered if the introduction of the 512MB slices had anything to do with that. Intel replacement for the E3 series will include some models with more than 4 cores, so if those make their way into slices that might smooth things out a bit.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

willie said: I just cancelled a Virmach BF server, wasn't doing anything with it, though slightly regretful given how ridiculously cheap it was. Yes my 1GB slice is usually faster than the old Virmach stuff, though it varies. Lately it's been a little more variable than usual and I'd wondered if the introduction of the 512MB slices had anything to do with that. Intel replacement for the E3 series will include some models with more than 4 cores, so if those make their way into slices that might smooth things out a bit.

You can ticket and i'll look.

I'll have to make additional changes to our capping scripts :)

Francisco

• uxtvdluxtvdl Member
    edited January 2019

@Francisco check pm please

• Francisco said: I'll have to make additional changes to our capping scripts :)

Yeah I think it may be more iops than cpu. Ok I'll put in a ticket if it persists. Thanks.

• @willie said:
    I just cancelled a Virmach BF server, wasn't doing anything with it, though slightly regretful given how ridiculously cheap it was. Yes my 1GB slice is usually faster than the old Virmach stuff, though it varies. Lately it's been a little more variable than usual and I'd wondered if the introduction of the 512MB slices had anything to do with that. Intel replacement for the E3 series will include some models with more than 4 cores, so if those make their way into slices that might smooth things out a bit.

Wait, you paid for another year in November and cancelled it rather than idle til November or sell on that Virmach resell site that is pretty much all Buffalo?

Seriously, wtf?

• No I cancelled a monthly one in Buffalo. The one I renewed for a year in November is in San Jose.

• I have a handful of $2 SSD4G's that ill never cancel, too good of a deal.

• @corbpie said:
    I have a handful of $2 SSD4G's that ill never cancel, too good of a deal.

:neutral:

• @corbpie said:

Would you mind transfering one to me assuming you are idling it?

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • williewillie Member
    edited January 2019

deleted

Thanked by 1eol
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@sanvit said:

@corbpie said:

Would you mind transfering one to me assuming you are idling it?

Keep in topic

Thanked by 1eol
  • iHavenoNameiHavenoName Member
    edited January 2019

@smile said:
    how could it have better performance? Do you not read their tos on usage cpu/io/etc usage

Because I'm using both for a VPN, not to map the fucking human genome.
    Virmach on a 10gbps port maybe gets 6% of the port capacity in tests. Frantech gets 35-40% on a 1gbps. Then there's the spikes in cpu on the idle virmach instance, which I don't see on any other host/instance.

Thanked by 2uptime Daniel15
  • When amd epyc as option?

• erm ... the amd is nigh?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @uptime said:
    erm ... the amd is nigh?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

epyc ...

Thanked by 1eol

nigh

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • @desperand said:

@uptime said:
    erm ... the amd is nigh?

guy, gal or guygal ?

• @uxtvdl said:

@desperand said:

@uptime said:
    erm ... the amd is nigh?

guy, gal or guygal ?

She is Lisa Su, your mom AMD CEO.

• @Daniel15 said:

@Letzien said:

@Daniel15 said:
    Haha, I've got a VPS with Virmach that has 10 GB RAM, and I still haven't worked out what to do with so much RAM.

That's the one with 10GB disk too, right?

The one I've got has 10 GB RAM, 4x vCPU @ 3GHz, 120 GB SSD, 4000 GB monthly bandwidth for $74.85 per year. I installed Windows Server 2016 and a bunch of stuff on it (Prometheus, Grafana, MySQL) and it's still only using ~2 GB of the RAM :tongue:

I've got a lot more stuff running on my BuyVM (which "only" has 4 GB RAM) as in general I like BuyVM a lot more than VirMach, particularly when it comes to network speeds and just overall system performance. VirMach server performance definitely doesn't feel as good as BuyVM.

Dump the disk into a ram disk and fly!!!!

• @uxtvdl said:

@desperand said:

@uptime said:
    erm ... the amd is nigh?

guy, gal or guygal ?

This only makes you look bad on a tech site.

• eoleol Member

Honestly, it's posts like this that make me think someone is testing out their AI bots, and have a long way to go. All of that was nonsensical.

Thanked by 1netomx

I never make any sense and people don't see me as a bot.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@eol said:
    Honestly, it's posts like this that make me think someone is testing out their AI bots, and have a long way to go.

@deank said:
    I never make any sense and people don't see me as a bot.

Aren't you the Google AI that recently won Starcraft against professional human players? ;)

• @chocolateshirt said:

@uxtvdl said:

@desperand said:

@uptime said:
    erm ... the amd is nigh?

guy, gal or guygal ?

She is Lisa Su, your mom AMD CEO.

she is Lisa su cmd > @TimboJones said:

@uxtvdl said:

@desperand said:

@uptime said:
    erm ... the amd is nigh?

guy, gal or guygal ?

This only makes you look bad on a tech site.

Yes Most Probalby