Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM KVM Slices! 512MB for $20.00/year! Block Storage Slabs for $1.25/month per 256GB! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM KVM Slices! 512MB for $20.00/year! Block Storage Slabs for $1.25/month per 256GB!

Comments

• Most hosts don't have our low charge back rates either. I shouldn't be paying a $30 charge back fee because I didn't want to inconvenience a $2 service.

If you're ever interested in the future you can ping me and I can talk to Karen about your tickets.

Francisco

I understand you need to verify info to prevent chargebacks.
    But I requested to use an email @samedomain with the main Paypal address, but still refused.

The exact match of main Paypal address and the sign up email is not necessary IMO

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Much sad... The 2gb ram offers are still out.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2019

@comXyz said:

Most hosts don't have our low charge back rates either. I shouldn't be paying a $30 charge back fee because I didn't want to inconvenience a $2 service.

If you're ever interested in the future you can ping me and I can talk to Karen about your tickets.

Francisco

I understand you need to verify info to prevent chargebacks.
    But I requested to use an email @samedomain with the main Paypal address, but still refused.

The exact match of main Paypal address and the sign up email is not necessary IMO

It is though. Paypal stated it as such.

Francisco

@iHavenoName said:
    Much sad... The 2gb ram offers are still out.

Which location?

Francisco

• Any Luxembourg slices today?

@netfox said:
    Any Luxembourg slices today?

More than likely Monday.

Francisco

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • Ok, Thanks!

• Finally get one in LA.

Its amazing feel to have a proper lowend VM.

suck my ass @alpharacks scammer I should have dispute your payment in full.

• @Francisco said:

Which location?

Vegas. All I saw were the 512 offers.

• Nice i want a lux slice

• @Francisco said:

@netfox said:

More than likely Monday.

Francisco

Any ETA for LUX slices?

• Why not sign up for one of the slice stock services and you will get an email when they are.

• @lurch said:
    Why not sign up for one of the slice stock services and you will get an email when they are.

Not sure that would be effective if you already have a smaller instance, like I do.

Just got the ISP fraud refund because I ordered off my cellphone, because I saw a 2gb pop up. :/

iHavenoName said: Just got the ISP fraud refund because I ordered off my cellphone, because I saw a 2gb pop up.

Just ticket Karen and she'll help you out.

Francisco

• @digij said:

@Francisco said:

@netfox said:

More than likely Monday.

Francisco

Any ETA for LUX slices?

Is spring in the air?!? :smile:

• digijdigij Member
    edited February 2019

@lurch said:
    Why not sign up for one of the slice stock services and you will get an email when they are.

Yeah, I already have subscribed and it works great.

The problem is I'm not home too often and while being on the road, my orders get fraud-detected because GEO-IP doesn't match my home address.

I had that twice already already when trying to place an order from my mobile device. When I arrived home, all slices were gone.

One has to go to great lengths to secure a slice :smile:

• bakagetabakageta Member
    edited February 2019

Sounds like it's time to run a vpn from your home router, so your phone/laptop can always appear to come from your home connection.

Thanked by 2netomx Letzien
  • @Francisco - just to know - if one already has an account/services with you, I assume that ordering a slice when available will not have such GeoIP or fraud issues since the account is presumably already a validated/paying account?

• There's some stock available currently :)

@lion said:
    There's some stock available currently :)

Yep!

Today was when final cancellations ran, so we got whatever people didn't want returning.

It'll last a few days, so if you're interested, eat up.

Francisco

Thanked by 2miu nhutphan
  • DeftNerdDeftNerd Member
    edited February 2019

@nullnothere - You might still have problems. I hadn't used my BuyVM account in a few years and when I tried to order a slice, it triggered a fraud alert because I moved across the country and my new IP didn't match the region of the address already stored in my billing area.

Karen was receptive and changed my billing address and I was able to try again and order the service without problems the second time.

As a side note, the control panel experience is amazing. I don't remember how well it worked a few years ago, but it's very polished this time around. The only thing that would be nice would be integrating the Offloaded MySQL information into the Stallion Control panel somehow.

I got a 2gb Slice in Las Vegas with a 256gb slab and offloaded MySQL for website hosting. The 256gb slab is more than I need, but the included 40gb wasn't enough for keeping the my anticipated self-hosted Git repos with their history.

I would have gotten everything in NY if I could, but I'll wait until they have slabs available there.

• @Francisco said:

@lion said:
    There's some stock available currently :)

Yep!

Today was when final cancellations ran, so we got whatever people didn't want returning.

It'll last a few days, so if you're interested, eat up.

Francisco

mine is still pending, do something about it mister Francisco

Thanked by 1Francisco
    edited February 2019

didtav said: mine is still pending, do something about it mister Francisco

Sorry, Karen's asleep at the moment :(

She'll catch your order in the morning.

DeftNerd said: As a side note, the control panel experience is amazing. I don't remember how well it worked a few years ago, but it's very polished this time around. The only thing that would be nice would be integrating the Offloaded MySQL information into the Stallion Control panel somehow.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Not sure what we're going to do with offload SQL. It never got rolled to all of our locations and to be honest, most people are perfectly happy running SQL on a Slice.

Francisco

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited February 2019

@Francisco said:

Not sure what we're going to do with offload SQL. It never got rolled to all of our locations and to be honest, most people are perfectly happy running SQL on a Slice.

Mid-size plus (>~2000 products) e-commerce stores stand to benefit greatly. At these scales SQL engines hog a good deal of resources, on a VPS, IME. I'd never want single core VPS in this scenario (dual being fine) and to offload transactional processing is 'peachy'.
    (Who said Magento?)
    Approx. 15 years ago, the setup would've been ideal for Enterprise Management, in a Private Cloud (may still be the case).

Not that I'll find out the BuyVM benefits, given the sign-up issues. :-/

• Offer free cPanel with your VPS. Then you will be actually offering something of value ;)

@Webzz said:
    Offer free cPanel with your VPS. Then you will be actually offering something of value ;)

We stopped selling cPanel licenses when they changed pricing.

We're happy with DirectAdmin :)

Francisco

Thanked by 2donko maverickp
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@Webzz said:
    Offer free cPanel with your VPS. Then you will be actually offering something of value ;)

Going Necro with a Slypanel plug within minutes of joining. Welcome to LET

Thanked by 2vimalware skorous
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2019

@Webzz said:

Well, your comment certainly did not add any value to LET.

EDIT:
    I know this might have been answered 100000000000s of time but I'm a bit lazy to search the forum for it directly.
    So, on the KVM Slice + Slab, public "linux iso" torrents are allowed, right? Want to give back to the Linux iso torrent community by seeding for a while as I've been leeching so much these days...
    Not a heavy user though...

Thanked by 1dosai
    edited October 2019

BlaZe said: So, on the KVM Slice + Slab, public "linux iso" torrents are allowed, right? Want to give back to the Linux iso torrent community by seeding for a while as I've been leeching so much these days...

Not a heavy user though...

Enjoy.

Francisco

Thanked by 2BlaZe maverickp
  • Holy necro!
    At least it gives me an opportunity to confirm that I did end up getting a slice. :smiley:
    Now awaiting the introduction of East Coast (USA) slabs..

Thanked by 1MichaelCee