Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net changed the price of special server - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net changed the price of special server

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Scam.

• boerndboernd Member
    edited September 2018

The price of the following products will be updated starting on 2018-11-01 :
    * Start-2-M-SATA, formerly known as Dedibox XC SATA 2016, will now be charged 24.99 € per month, tax excluded.
    * Pro-4-M, formerly known as Dedibox MD 2016, will now be charged 74.99 € per month, tax excluded.
    * Start-2-L, formerly known as Dedibox Classic 2016, will now be charged 31.99 € per month, tax excluded.

Very nice, for the MD 2016 it is 20€(!) more, definitely time to cancel.

• Got it as well, from 24.99 € to 39.99 €

Dear Customer,

Online has always been focused on offering the best value offers (performance/price) on the market, and will continue to do so in the future.

In the last five years, Online had to face several significant incresases in operating costs,  including taxes (CSPE), energy (TURPE) but also components' costs (i.e. SSD or RAM see our blog post https://blog.online.net/2017/01/05/what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-the-dram-nand-market/).
    This evolution of operative costs never impacted our offers in the past.

Given all of the aforementioned points, we have decided to update the price for some ranges of Dedibox servers while ensuring that the new offers remain highly competitive on the market, and at the best performance/price value. It will help us pursue our huge investments for our customers (engineering, technical support, supply chain, services, next generation datacenter, stability, security, and many others)

* Pro-3-S, formerly known as Dedibox Limited 13816, will now be charged 39.99 € per month, tax excluded.

If you have any question, or if you prefer to choose a different offer (Dedibox server, Scaleway bare-metal or Scaleway cloud), do not hesitate to contact our support team at https://console.online.net/assistance/

On behalf of Online team, thank you again for your trust & loyalty

Regards,

Online / Scaleway team

• Thanks you for your trust & loyalty & not hitting the 'cancel your service' button

• Just leave them.

• Anyone got any price increase notice for Pro-1-S-15k aka Dedibox Limited 1215?

• I have been an online.net customer for 6 years, never cancelling a server. Now I am forced to move even the unaffected servers, because I don't know whether their price will be hiked, too.

• "nice", from 19.99 to 34.99 €

The price of the following products will be updated starting on 2018-11-01

• Pro-1-S-SATA, formerly known as Dedibox Limited 1115, will now be charged 34.99 € per month, tax excluded.

I have two of these.
    Bye-bye online.net...

• this way usually does not bring anything good for the Provider I think.

many years ago OVH lost me as customer when they begin to charge for IPv4's regarding shortage monthly fee, some years after suddenly no IPv4 shortage exist anymore and they charge again setup fee only but my trust they lost :-)

• @baranka said:
    "nice", from 19.99 to 34.99 €

• Pro-1-S-SATA, formerly known as Dedibox Limited 1115, will now be charged 34.99 € per month, tax excluded.

I have two of these.
    Bye-bye online.net...

Do you know any worthy server to replace those? Currently I have 1 of the same dedi.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited September 2018

@baranka said:

I have two of these.
    Bye-bye online.net...

I was hit by this one. Despite my hatred for Online, the one box I have with them that was outsourced has been flawless but now that we're being hit with 75% increases to pricing - it's time to get rid of that box. For €35 per month there's better out there. For €20 not so much but I'll keep on looking.

Email attached below incase anyone is interested. Email doesn't seem proof read. Highlighted spelling error below.

Dear Customer,

Online has always been focused on offering the best value offers (performance/price) on the >market, and will continue to do so in the future.

In the last five years, Online had to face several significant incresases in operating costs, including taxes (CSPE), energy (TURPE) but also components' costs (i.e. SSD or RAM see our blog post https://blog.online.net/2017/01/05/what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-the-dram-nand-market/).
    This evolution of operative costs never impacted our offers in the past.

Given all of the aforementioned points, we have decided to update the price for some ranges of Dedibox servers while ensuring that the new offers remain highly competitive on the market, and at the best performance/price value. It will help us pursue our huge investments for our customers (engineering, technical support, supply chain, services, next generation datacenter, stability, security, and many others)

If you have any question, or if you prefer to choose a different offer (Dedibox server, Scaleway bare-metal or Scaleway cloud), do not hesitate to contact our support team at https://console.online.net/assistance/

On behalf of Online team, thank you again for your trust & loyalty

Regards,

Online / Scaleway team

• I am thinking about hetzner. But damn I'll need a vpn to torrent on that server.

• OstCollectorOstCollector Member
    edited September 2018

I also got a mail

* Start-1-L, formerly known as Dedibox Classic 2014v2, will now be charged 34.99 € per month, tax excluded.  

It was 29.99 EUR

• gol3mgol3m Member
    edited September 2018

@IThinkUFailed

The DRAM excuse is dishonest. The DXI has returned to 7000 https://chart.dramexchange.com/dxi.png?r=111377745

@JohnRoe said:

Do you know any worthy server to replace those? Currently I have 1 of the same dedi.

I am going to give the contabo 13€ VPS a try. It's nearly half the price with somewhat comparable resources (600GB HDD less and 100 mbit/s instead of 200 guaranteed).

• @JohnRoe said:

@baranka said:

I have two of these.
    Bye-bye online.net...

I have one storage VPS from hosthatch (New Years deal) for backups and stuff.
    For dedi, I think hetzner is currently the best/only option for me.

• RodneyRodney Member
    edited September 2018

* Pro-2-M-SATA, formerly known as Dedibox Limited 08164, will now be charged 36.99 € per month, tax excluded.

Well, almost 10€ more after VAT. Unfortunately given the sometimes lackluster performance I've had with that server, that I tolerated because of the price, I'll probably now end up switching to another provider.

Funnily enough a slightly better server (better CPU and 1 TB more storage) would cost less through oneprovider, even though it's also at online.net...

• Just received an increase email for my Dedibox Limited 1115: 20EUR -> 35EUR
    But not for my LT DEALS 1701.1: 20EUR

The most frustrating part for me is that due to them staggering the increases, I'm not sure whether I should migrate and cancel both, or just the 1115.

• START-1-M-SSD is the only one I got a notification about, but raising it twice in two months?! Nuts. I didn't get around to cancelling before the 11.99 increase but cancelled earlier this month, in time to escape the 15.99 increase. I still have LT DEALS 1701.1 and haven't gotten a notice about it. I guess that will come soon and I'll cancel it then if not before. I've been on the fence about cancelling anyway, due to underutilization plus Hetzner auction prices having gotten so low.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • The price of the following products will be updated starting on 2018-11-01 :

* Start-1-M-SATA, formerly known as Dedibox Limited 33816, will now be charged 15.99 € per month, tax excluded.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited September 2018

DRAM and NAND is their reason for increasing it.....

My CPU is 6 years old and uses DDR3 1333, with 5 year old hard drives...also has no SSDs. This hardware should have long been paid off for them.

Very sad...but going to cancel my 1706.1. Screw Online.net.

Thanked by 3openos datanoise gol3m
  • Anyone noticed that their recent offer: Start-2-XS-SATA is currently 7.99 instead of 4.99?

This is a very recent offer, I have to pay setup fee for it. And after just 2 months, they increase 75% of price. I feel I am cheated.

Moreover, their email even didn't mention it.

Thanked by 2rm_ zrj766
  • @levnode said:
    Anyone noticed that their recent offer: Start-2-XS-SATA is currently 7.99 instead of 4.99?

This is a very recent offer, I have to pay setup fee for it. And after just 2 months, they increase 75% of price. I feel I am cheated.

Moreover, their email even didn't mention it.

confirm.

• What a bitch move!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2018

yea the 4.99 went up....

Time to kill it.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited October 2018

NateN34 said: DRAM and NAND is their reason for increasing it.....

My CPU is 6 years old and uses DDR3 1333, with 5 year old hard drives...also has no SSDs. This hardware should have long been paid off for them.

I feel like it's just lies to justify the need to make more cash either to pay for their investments or because Xavier Niel decided he needs more profit.

Strange that OneProvider still offers super cheap servers from online.net from time to time. Might their pricing increase too later down the road? We'll see...

Probably a good growth opportunity for hetzner / netcup / etc

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2018

This is silly. Paying the 10 EUR setup fee to get the cheap deal, then in 2 months they raise your price so that the deal is not cheap anymore. Remember to never buy anything from Online.net with setup fees again.

• Soooo... bought some server a while ago priced at 19,99€.
    In August, price was raised to 24,99€.
    Now, the same server is priced at 34,99€ if I order a new one.
    It seems that I'll be getting a new mail announcing the price increase during this month, maybe by 29th October or something like that.

With a month notice, two price increases in a two month period, totaling a 75% increase.
    It seems they're stretching prices until some internal financial ratio indicator snaps.

OVH/Kimsufi also raised prices but, they did it slowly and honored some of the previous commitments.

Wonder what price will it be next year.
    Better not wonder and prepare migration.

Regardless, it will be hard to earn my trust in online.net again... the hassle to migrate everything probably won't cover any future good deal they might launch.
    Stability in business relations is paramount.

• I dont know if oneprovider will now increase price of 8€ server?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited October 2018

I predict the €9.99 C2350 will increase to 11.99 anytime soon.

edit: got mail from Online tech monkeys following my cancelling servers:

Nous comprenons totalement votre mécontentement et nous en sommes vraiment confus. Si nous n'avons pas la meilleure offre tarifaire par rapport à la configuration que vous bénéficiez, n'hésitez pas à me l'indiquer et me donner quelques informations afin d'en parler à la direction générale, qui est très attachée à toujours fournir le meilleur prix du marché pour chaque configuration proposée.

Translated (including poor language):
    "We understand your being unhappy and are really sorry about it. If we do not have the best offers regarding the configuration you benefit (sic), don't hesitate to tell me and give me some info so I can talk to senior management, who is keen on delivering the best price on the market for each configuration offered."

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • Wait, what? They are raising the Start-2-XS-SATA price so soon after they were available for the first time? That's very disrespectful.

I just realized that I will have to migrate all my scaleway boxes, too. It would be horrible, if their price suddenly doubled. Oh well, switching to contabo will save me a lot of money, about 75c per server, and even more because it will allow me to consolidate some servers (2:1, maybe 3:1).

Of course I never would have switched, if online.net had not held a gun to my head...