Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net changed the price of special server - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net changed the price of special server

Comments

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited August 2018

--

• mtsbatalhamtsbatalha Member
    edited August 2018

I got my 8 eur server delivered.

Better than the expected.

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2750  @ 2.40GHz
    CPU Cores       : 8
    Frequency       : 1200.000 MHz
    Memory          : 7974 MB
    Swap            :  MB
    Uptime          : 5:30,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 4.9.0-7-amd64
    Hostname        : dedi-par-83168

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        73.7MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          15.1MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       13.5MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       11.1MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       10.4MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       4.66MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          2.91MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       7.91MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         70.7MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        35.2MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 92.5 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 87.9 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 94.5 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 91.6333 MB/s

Thanks @Neoon @sipe.

• DrCornFlakesDrCornFlakes Member
    edited August 2018

You got C2750/8GB when it was advertised C2350/4GB?

Soooooo... they increased the price of this config from 6,99€ to 11,99€, then... sold one of these newly priced at 11,99€ - maybe, almost sure, cancelled by someone - for 8€?

Those are some serious management skills.
    Somewhere, I'm sure there's a Dilbert cartoon for this.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@DrCornFlakes said:
    Soooooo... they increased the price from 6,99€ to 11,99€ then... sold one of these priced at 11,99€ - maybe cancelled by someone - for 8€?

Well, yea, but keep in mind, OneProvider is a reseller, they get the server cheaper then you can buy it from online.

For example, they sell SYS for 35EUR instead 39EUR, the new ones in FRA and WAW.
    They have 2 drives less but still.

And OneProvider is not online, they got access to some kind of reseller panel, where they can get the servers and sell them. So yea, a bit shitty when Online increases the prices and OneProvider gets access to them cheaper then Online sells them.

Must be some mastermind behind all of this.

• @DrCornFlakes said:
    You got C2750/8GB when it was advertised C2350/4GB?

Soooooo... they increased the price of this config from 6,99€ to 11,99€, then... sold one of these newly priced at 11,99€ - maybe, almost sure, cancelled by someone - for 8€?

It's even worse than that. There's been a burst of old C2750/8GB (servers with low serial numbers/ageing disks... a wave of cancellation, probably). These were briefly re-added to the Online catalog (as Start-1-M-SATA, 11.99€) before disappearing again. OneProvider somehow got their hands on these, but mistakenly advertised them as "C2550/4GB" (neither 2750 nor 2350 but 2550, which have never been sold by Online afaik) and with a much lower price tag (8€). What a mess.

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • openosopenos Member
    edited August 2018

OneProvider €8
    5DtU9d.md.png

5Dt1Ur.md.png

• @Neoon said:

@DrCornFlakes said:
    Soooooo... they increased the price from 6,99€ to 11,99€ then... sold one of these priced at 11,99€ - maybe cancelled by someone - for 8€?

Well, yea, but keep in mind, OneProvider is a reseller, they get the server cheaper then you can buy it from online.

For example, they sell SYS for 35EUR instead 39EUR, the new ones in FRA and WAW.
    They have 2 drives less but still.

And OneProvider is not online, they got access to some kind of reseller panel, where they can get the servers and sell them. So yea, a bit shitty when Online increases the prices and OneProvider gets access to them cheaper then Online sells them.

Must be some mastermind behind all of this.

No they don’t. The reseller account of Online.net has some advantage such as business support for all servers, access to old deals but for the current offer, the price is the same. I had an Online reseller account in the past but it didn’t work in my case so I canceled it. No idea about reseller accounts of OVH.

• C2750 core is about 20% of an E3 core depending. C2750 is supposedly around 3.5k or 4k passmark, vs around 10k for recent E3's.

Thanked by 2openos JohnMiller92
  • @openos & @mtsbatalha Your disk i/o numbers seem a bit low, did you perform a fresh install?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

Online.net has a terrible network. All clients streamers complain that the network is bad and the channel is cut. In the Netherlands and France. Equally.

For example, I took an Intel Xeon server E3-1245v5 3.5 GHz (4c / 8t) 32GB DDR4 3x250GB SSD from the network: 163.172.55.35

Installed Windows via IPMI Supermicro.

Half the sites are not loaded and not pings:

Breaks in the network and stuff.

This month I canceled:

Thanked by 2openos desperand
  • graphicgraphic Member
    edited August 2018

@willie said:

rpn85 said: thought about hopping to hetzner, but they have gone up 5 eur/month for their dedis.

EX and auction line seem same as before, what went up?

Nothing went up. Hetzner prices are well calculated unlike OVH or Online.net prices.

German engineereing.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited September 2018

@Shot2 said:

@datanoise said:
    What about IPv6: is it as easy to get those with them than it is with Online?

Despite the name, OneProvider just resell stuff by other real providers. And they are (still) clueless about IPv6 :pensive:

e.g. the Online.net servers they sell have no IPv6 functions (but of course you may use IPv6 subnets from your own genuine Online.net account)

Tried one of those 8eur servers (thanks guys, pretty good deal!).

I've been able to get a /56 asking directly OneProvider. So it's clearly possible to get an ipv6 with them without online.net account. By the way, it seems like once you have /48 on your online account it stays there even when you have no active service with them.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • @datanoise said:
    By the way, it seems like once you have /48 on your online account it stays there even when you have no active service with them.

Sure about that? (IIRC you can create as many /56 subnets as Online.net servers, zero in such a case - one might allocate the whole /48 though...)

• Shot2 said: IIRC you can create as many /56 subnets as Online.net servers, zero in such a case - one might allocate the whole /48 though...

Exactly but it seems like once you cancel a server your /56 isn't deleted. If you had X servers in the past, you keep your X /56 subnets. Maybe it's a mistake on their side and won't stay like that. But it's no big deal as OneProvider gives you a /56 as well...

• @datanoise said:
    Exactly but it seems like once you cancel a server your /56 isn't deleted. If you had X servers in the past, you keep your X /56 subnets. Maybe it's a mistake on their side and won't stay like that. But it's no big deal as OneProvider gives you a /56 as well...

Lucky you, I requested some IPv6 from OneProvider and all I got was a meager /64... :disappointed: (Not that I actually care, it was just out of curiosity...)

edited September 2018

Apparently its again a C2750 for 8EUR, good value.
    https://pastebin.com/xzKrXGsz

4000 benchmark with Gbit for 8 bucks.

• It didn't last long!

@angstrom said:

It didn't last long!

It lasted for 1 hour, longer then a kimsufi.
    So decent.

• Honestly, prices are too high for their crp routing worldwide.

• ok for the testing and evaluation i have purchase that 8€ (i did not pay and tax) on that oneprovider/online dedi and i must say server is much faster then kimsufi 4€ (well 5 when tax is apply) ofc server have 8 cores and 8gb of ram and kimsufi 2c/4t and 2gb ram but for only 3€ more its super and hdd have half wear and tear and more storage

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited September 2018

Price hike going strong!

Online.net just reintroduced their "SATA-1-M" line (8-core C2750, 8GB RAM, and 1TB HDD or 120GB SSD): https://console.online.net/en/order/server

So it went from (special price) €4.99 to (regular price) €11.99 when back in stock last month, and now €15.99. Add VAT to the mix and now these Avotons look really valuable.

Thanked by 2gol3m datanoise
  • Probably 'reintroduced' as the September wave of cancellations filter through from customers on the special price who weren't given enough notice last month to transfer services.

Thanked by 2ehab gol3m
  • jamzedjamzed Member
    edited September 2018

Just got an email:

The price of the following products will be updated starting on 2018-11-01 :
    Pro-1-S-SATA, formerly known as LT DEALS 1706.1, will now be charged 34.99 € per month, tax excluded.

It's a +75% price update ;-) 19.99€ vs. 34.99€, definitely it's time to cancel it... and move on ;-)

• The price of the following products will be updated starting on 2018-11-01 : Pro-1-S-SATA, formerly known as Dedibox Limited 1115, will now be charged 34.99 € per month, tax excluded

This is the only quite powerful server that I have to encode videos. T_T
    Now I'm gonna back to the old days, abusing vps servers to encode. Mmmm

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited September 2018

For some, it's been a +220% price increase over 2 months (4.99->15.99). The reasons for such a price hike (some being dubious at best) are in the mail...

https://pastebin.com/raw/cHgGKQdd

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2018

• Start-1-M-SSD, formerly known as Start-1-M-SSD, will now be charged 15.99 € per month, tax excluded.
    • Start-2-M-SATA, formerly known as Dedibox XC SATA 2016, will now be charged 24.99 € per month, tax excluded.
    • Start-2-M-SSD, formerly known as Dedibox XC SSD 2016, will now be charged 24.99 € per month, tax excluded.
    • Start-2-S-SSD, formerly known as Dedibox SC SSD 2016, will now be charged 9.99 € per month, tax excluded.

Well, it's nice. Just at me freely ten pieces of i5-2400 from Kimsufi became for 9.99 euros. On them and customers I urge to move.

• They changed the prices of all the old servers. Dedibox classic is 31.99 €. Is it some kind of scam?

• Was 10.99 € ->

• Start-1-M-SATA, formerly known as Dedibox Limited 33816, will now be charged 15.99 € per month, tax excluded.
  • Tldr: online clients service promo locked prices are not locked after all.