Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net changed the price of special server - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net changed the price of special server

Comments

• trying to cancel a server....

"Error: An error occurred, please try again later. If need be, you can contact our assistance.
    "

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited August 2018

Agree with @Clouvider. A provider has to deal with the risk of his business. For online.net, this is their rules and they have both good and bad side. If you don’t pay the invoice in time, Online will keep your server for 10 days operation and another 10 days suspended before delete any data. I think it’s a very generous grace period. I even got 24 days due since my Paypal had some issues without any interruption of services. They are still quite good for the price, but not great anymore. At this price point and in the EU, I have a lot of other choices.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • any E3s got an increase? I don't have access to password dB due to personal circumstances.

I have an E3 1230v3 or 1240v3,32gb ecc, 1x1TB seagate constellation es.3 from a Jan 2017 promo. I just can't recall the X.y from the 170x.y model number.

it was 19.99 euro special from that month.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@rm_ said:

Nihim said: it's kinda hard to backup said server till tomorrow night.

They said in the ticket reply posted above that it's an "exceptional" case, and that cancellation will be accepted till the very end of the month via ticket. And you keep it for the remainder of this month in any case.

"exceptional" what? reminds me of apple, they always blame the user.

After a while, you think, its your own fault instead of apple's fault.

• just got my email the other day, considering cancelling. But thought about hopping to hetzner, but they have gone up 5 eur/month for their dedis.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2018

rpn85 said: thought about hopping to hetzner, but they have gone up 5 eur/month for their dedis.

Still seems to be tons of nice options for 20-21 EUR: https://www.hetzner.com/sb
    That Athlon 64 3700+ looks tempting.

edited August 2018

@rm_ said:

rpn85 said: thought about hopping to hetzner, but they have gone up 5 eur/month for their dedis.

Still seems to be tons of nice options for 20-21 EUR: https://www.hetzner.com/sb
    That Athlon 64 3700+ looks tempting.

2 days ago, OneProvider had a Xeon E3 with 16gig in France, obviously Online.net for 19EUR, they change pricing sometimes.

Its not as good as a Hetzner for 21EUR with 32gig but "1Gbit" Unmetered + AntiDDOS.

Now it costs 24EUR instead of 19EUR.

• rpn85 said: thought about hopping to hetzner, but they have gone up 5 eur/month for their dedis.

EX and auction line seem same as before, what went up?

• Huh.. Dedibox Limited 1215 / Pro-1-S-15k got a price hike, according to this thread.

Dedibox Limited 1115 / Pro-1-S-SATA didn't, at least not yet (I checked "Services").

Since they are identical servers besides the hard drive (2x 450 GB SAS 15K VS. 2x 2 TB SATA2 ), I wonder what the logic behind that was (professional = willing to pay more for 15k drive?), or whether I have to expect a price hike, too.

• Element said: "Error: An error occurred, please try again later. If need be, you can contact our assistance. "

Just open a ticket and ask for cancellation. It will work.

levnode said: For online.net, this is their rules and they have both good and bad side. If you don’t pay the invoice in time, Online will keep your server for 10 days operation and another 10 days suspended before delete any data. I think it’s a very generous grace period.

Agree! When capital controls occurred in Greece, I could not pay via CC anymore outside my country, so I asked to allow paying the servers with Paypal instead (I had some funds there). Although the promo servers forbid paypal as a method, they did it for me and they gave me a grace period of 15 days until I pay them after due day.
    Of course, raising prices (almost doubling them) for promos, is a poor move. But every coin does have two sides...

• Vova1234 said: No. They spent a lot of money building DC5. And now they return the money spent by raising prices and it is clear that they have very bad things, because this is already 3 times the prices for the year were raised.

So, you want a big company to expand not using the profits from the current services. The other way is funding (aka, bubble money that can explode your business in anytime if it goes on and on like a pyramid scheme without return profits) or loan from banks (without controlling how to get this money back with interest). I would suggest you never to start your own business. You will be surprised on how a company works if will have to be profitable...

• jvnadr said: So, you want a big company to expand not using the profits from the current services.

What? The idea is expand using profits from current services at the current price levels, which is what most companies in this sector manage to do. If they instead have to finance expansion by raising prices, it means the current services were unprofitable.

Also part of the attraction of dealing with a big company (and putting up with its bureaucracy etc) is that they normally have enough resources to handle some fluctuations here and there, in order to supply stable product to their customers. Smaller companies by contrast have to look out for every dollar.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

jvnadr said: So, you want a big company to expand not using the profits from the current services. The other way is funding (aka, bubble money that can explode your business in anytime if it goes on and on like a pyramid scheme without return profits) or loan from banks (without controlling how to get this money back with interest). I would suggest you never to start your own business. You will be surprised on how a company works if will have to be profitable...

Let them do what they do. Them and so in the end will bypass OVH in the future.

My friends and I sold 4,000 OVH servers.

Here just example: http://abcdusercontent.com/abcd.bz/ABCDTeam_OVH_20150euro.html

They rallied the action after the refusal: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/106785/kimsufi-ks-3c-is-in-stock-again/p1

Large companies can do convenient things for resale and we can bring them tens of thousands of dollars in jokes for their budget. Or they may not, but all the time raise the price of current customers and humiliate them.

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • I don't have any problems with price hikes.

I have a slight problem when that price increases 70% within a 4 day notice.

To my understanding the Avoton C2750 8GB 120GB at 11,99€ is still at a nice price.
    At 6,99€ I could ignore if I was using all its power.
    But, at 11,99€ I have to weight it and check if it's worth it.

It's not. So, I'll be cancelling two and maybe keep one, the one that has a 240GB SSD Seagate Enterprise drive.

As for the other one, I'll have to ponder further more.

Thanked by 2Clouvider lbft
  • Just cancelled mine via ticket, terminated within 2 minutes.

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • Shitty move imo as the hardware had already been paid for it didn't cost them much to let those running and let them die slowly as people stop renewing them...

• DoktorXDoktorX Member
    edited August 2018

I have notice that thay lower price on Start-2-S-SSD/SATA on 9.99 and no setup fee

Thanked by 1Shot2

Better option currently => https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/38 10EUR i3

Thanked by 1greattomeetyou
  • @DoktorX said:
    I have notice that thay lower price on Start-2-S-SSD/SATA on 9.99 and no setup fee

how much was it before?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2018

11.99€ + 10€ setup fee

edit: that was the exact same price as the much more powerful Start-1-M servers (which have now disappeared again...)

• Vova1234 said: Example, I had a client in online.net on 5 Xeon servers. He paid for 13 months on 19th, 20th, 23th of the month, and for 14 months he disappeared. Support did not want to do manual cancellation on 20th night. I paid a large bill from my pocket to servers that I did not need. I had to earn a crypto-currency in order to at least return half of the price. For this, if clients write an order for online.net, I suggest OVH. Would it be OVH then the servers would simply be deleted through non-payment and all: https://abcvg.ovh/blog/dc_ovh/30.html

where you find a business with risk zero ? i am there !

• DemoroCZEDemoroCZE Member
    edited August 2018

@Neoon said:
    Better option currently => https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/38 10EUR i3

Ty, got one, it was delivered surprisingly fast. Both HDDs (WD enterprise) have about 46k hours, and got i3 540 instead of 530.

• DemoroCZE said: 46k hours

Is it alright to have 46K hours?

• Not to be surprised after they quickly destroy 4,99 deal few years ago.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited August 2018

@deank said:
    Sue every company that increases prices, including your power, gas, phone, TV, and internet.

Sue them all.

Have fun living off grid.

Suing is not fun, one should sabotage them.

Monopolies drank the blood of the people.

edited August 2018

Another alternative just added => https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/2402
    8EUR, Atom with 2.3k benchmark, still better.

But apparently just 1 benchmark result, so no idea if the CPU is really that good.

Thanked by 2sipe datanoise
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2018

@Neoon said:
    Another alternative just added => https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/2402
    8EUR, Atom with 2.3k benchmark, still better.

But apparently just 1 benchmark result, so no idea if the CPU is really that good.

Could it be an error? The specs are weird (2.0GHz, instead of 2.4 for a vanilla C2550) and looks pretty much the same as the Start-2-XS-SSD offer by online.net (Paris, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Gbps)

@Shot2 said:
    Could it be an error? The specs are weird (2.0GHz, instead of 2.4 for a vanilla C2550) and looks pretty much the same as the Start-2-XS-SSD offer by online.net (Paris, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Gbps)

No, the C2550 does exist, its listed at OneProvider as special offers.
    According to:

The benchmarks seem to be correct, Unixbench is always close to CPUBenchmark.net

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2018

I know it exists (hence my "vanilla 2550"), but the specs advertised on OneProvider are wrong. Typo? Or is online.net slowly recycling underclocked-C2550-equipped boards from Scaleway?

Thanked by 1jamzed
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited August 2018

I moved (mostly, got some backups there only) away from them more than a year ago.

Their staff sometimes really pretends to be dumb. You ask a question and it's like they only read 1 sentence and answer just that. Seriously, its best to ask just one question per ticket so you dont confuse them. And their IPMI didnt work more than half the time I needed it.

Additionaly, if you dont pay by 20th they will charge for whole next month BUT they erase server way before that month is finished. So why would you owe for 30 days when server is online for cca 7 days and gets deleted few days after?

Thanked by 1NanoG6