Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net changed the price of special server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net changed the price of special server

levnodelevnode Member
edited August 2018 in General

Just got this email from Online, with the title is even incomplete: [Online] Price change for your %server_description%

ONLINE SAS Technical assistance BP 438 - 75366 Paris CEDEX 08 France

Tel: 01 84 13 00 00

Dear customer,

The price of your server Start-1-M-SATA, formerly known as XC DEALS 1701.2, is updated as of 2018-09-01. It will now be charged €11.99 per month tax excluded.

To our knowledge, however, we remain the most competitive player on the market and still want to offer you attractive prices, so that you can benefit from the best price-performance ratio.

Many thanks for your trust.

If you have any questions, please contact our assistance https://console.online.net/assistance/

Best regards,

I think they are stepping out of the Lowend market.

Thanked by 3fLoo Shot2 dfmcvn

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Scam

Thanked by 1desperand
  • I did not get an email. If there is, it is a good reason to cancel idle servers :-)

• As of today you have four days to cancel at the end of this month per ToS. Otherwise you will have to fight a payment dispute with them through your bank.

• Me too! I decided to cancel it.

• YuraYura Member

I cancelled a year ago. I was so prepared.

• Price rise for XC DEALS 1701.2 is from 6.99 pre-VAT to 11.99 pre-VAT, an increase of 71.4%.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @nhocconan said:
    I did not get an email. If there is, it is a good reason to cancel idle servers :-)

They send out email in batches, it may be your turn soon or next month.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

They built DC5 and there is no money from the data center.

• Anyone got emails for the xeons limiteds?

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited August 2018

I got it too! From 4.99 Euro to 11.99 Euro :(

The price of your server Start-1-M-SATA, formerly known as BlackFriday 2016 SSD, is updated as of 2018-09-01. It will now be charged €11.99 per month tax excluded.

• Same here, brace yourselves, the and is nye.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2018

At least those had no setup fee (correct?)

Would be much less fun to see how economics of the deal changes if in a year from now they price hike the latest offer which had a 10 EUR setup fee on top.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Already cancelled but not by me and by them due to hw failure.. lolz

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

At the beginning of the year, the price of a server is increasing. Then again increased the prices for servers this year. Now all promotional prices for avoton have been increased.

I think that this is just the beginning and they will also increase Xeon in price.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Will cancel mine.

• C2750/8G/1T HDD?

• The C2750/8GB/1TB HDD in Paris DC2 are indeed back in stock. https://console.online.net/en/order/server

"Start-1M-SATA", previously sold for €4.99 (BF2016) or €6.99 (XC Deals), now €11.99.

• Shot2 said: The C2750/8GB/1TB HDD in Paris DC2 are indeed back in stock. https://console.online.net/en/order/server

"Start-1M-SATA", previously sold for €4.99 (BF2016) or €6.99 (XC Deals), now €11.99.

Mine is 120G SSD, so it's not special any more because we can order anytime.

• @levnode said:

Shot2 said: The C2750/8GB/1TB HDD in Paris DC2 are indeed back in stock. https://console.online.net/en/order/server

Mine is 120G SSD, so it's not special any more because we can order anytime.

Still, for the same price as their Start-2M C2350 things, you get a bit less RAM but a better CPU (and a KVM/IPMI). It's not that bad for some use cases wink wink...

• Yes got this mail too,i canceled also.

• Just got the email. i had XC DEALS 1701.2, just cancelled it

• fLoofLoo Member

Got the same mail. Canceled it.

• i still have my LT DEALS 1701.1 for 19.99 and got no email

• oh gawd, i fear my 1701.1 and 1701.3 will get another price as well :s

• Fuck them.

Thanked by 2default Janevski
  • IMPORTANT

For all of you that have other promo servers, go to your Online.net account page, navigate to "My services" (menu under your username, top right) and see if your price has increased.

My Pro-1-S-15K has increased from 19,99€ to 24,99€.

The email announcing it should be arriving soon... :/

• Time to keep my Netcup special server.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Not exactly an RPI increase but you surely don’t expect the price to stay the same when the costs go up, right ?

Thanked by 2dedipromo Plioser
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited August 2018

Sue every company that increases prices, including your power, gas, phone, TV, and internet.

Sue them all.

Have fun living off grid.

• @DrCornFlakes said:
    The email announcing it should be arriving soon... :/

Probably some time after the 19th, so that they can charge you another full month :P